Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Old 05-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by icuc
Yeah true and I'm not done yet.

I will keep trying and we may have a luck on the R60. I'm fine with Park lights or Fog lights as DRL but didn't like the low beam..
Agreed! What really looks nice are the city lights with bright white LEDs. I've been known to turn DRLs off and city lights on. There are several great threads about LEDs here, but be aware that you need to code-out the bulb checks or install resistors. The LEDs draw such little current that the MINI FRM module thinks the bulbs are burned out and wants to annoy you to no end!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:42 PM
icuc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I was able to make the welcome lights to work on the R60 by clicking the trunk button once.

These are few things I couldn't make it to work.

1. Reverse tilt mirrors on the passenger side
2. Fog lights as corner lights (low speed turning)
3. Security light to blink (not a clown nose on a MINI) when vehicle locked for the cars doesn't have the alarm
4. Fog lights/park lights as DRL
5. Close the side view mirrors when you lock the car..

Anyone had luck with these options..

Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Guys, I was able to make the welcome lights to work on the R60 by clicking the trunk button once.

These are few things I couldn't make it to work.

1. Reverse tilt mirrors on the passenger side
2. Fog lights as corner lights (low speed turning)
3. Security light to blink (not a clown nose on a MINI) when vehicle locked for the cars doesn't have the alarm
4. Fog lights/park lights as DRL
5. Close the side view mirrors when you lock the car..

Anyone had luck with these options..
In searching this and other related threads, you may have found that #1, #3, and (possibly) #5 are not available due to the lack of complimentary wiring/hardware. I don't believe #2 is extant on any R-series MINI and probably falls into the wiring/hardware issue.

As we have discussed, the city (park) lights as DRLs was done on a 2008 R56, but, evidently, no one has made this work on an R60.

You might also want to search the Gen 2 Electrical forum for more information...

Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 PM
icuc
2nd Gear
Thanks Koopah..

Did anyone enable the Auto Dimming mirrors feature by coding?

SPIEGEL_ELEKTROCHROM
aktiv to enable this feature.

I couldn't find this function on my CAS module. I think, we have to add the VO to enable this feature. Anyone know the VO for this feature?

Last edited by icuc; 06-05-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
{snip}...Did anyone enable the Auto Dimming mirrors feature by coding?...{snip}
I actually ordered this option so I can't say for others. However, I DO know that, for the rear-view mirror, you have to have the housing with photo-sensor at the mirror's middle, lower edge AND the photochromic glass. Without those, all the settings in the world won't make a difference.

And this, in a nutshell, is the limiting factor with settings changes: there is often a hardware component that needs to exist for the settings to make any difference. But it depends; you can activate the Weather Radio band (at least in R60s with the Connected option) without additional hardware, but no so with the alarm "heartbeat" for non-alarmed R60s (which seems to work on R56 models)!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Theta
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Regarding the heartbeat, as we've talked about in the past, it can be done. However, the wiring does not physically exist. Once that is re-wired, the DWA coding will make the LEDs work correctly.

You're quite correct, though - most of these options are simply not "code-to-upgrade". Things like the dimming mirrors are separate part numbers. You would need to purchase and retrofit if you would like to add these items.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Contact Numbers in Connected App?

When I choose the Connected app from the MINI Connected system, I am shown three choices labeled:

- Roadside Assistance
- Customer Service
- Your Service Center

Choosing any one of them displays what I take to be the contact phone numbers for each of the choices. However, the phone numbers show "0" with no way of editing them. This has puzzled me to no end.

Then, I was reviewing the CHAMP module settings and found the following:

CONTACT_NUMBERS_BT
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_BCALL
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_DEALER
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_HOTLINE
aktiv

However, I found the following in the MEDIA module:

CONTACT_NUMBERS_BCALL_M
nicht_aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_DEALER_M
nicht_aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_HOTLINE_M
nicht_aktiv

So...I'm wondering if anyone has been able to set those numbers either through coding or through another means? I searched for "roadside" in the Gen 2 forum and found one other post from someone who was asking the same question. Unfortunately, no response.

TIA,

Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
hyde76
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Koopah
When I choose the Connected app from the MINI Connected system, I am shown three choices labeled:

- Roadside Assistance
- Customer Service
- Your Service Center

Choosing any one of them displays what I take to be the contact phone numbers for each of the choices. However, the phone numbers show "0" with no way of editing them. This has puzzled me to no end.

CONTACT_NUMBERS_BT
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_BCALL
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_DEALER
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_HOTLINE
aktiv

CONTACT_NUMBERS_BCALL_M
nicht_aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_DEALER_M
nicht_aktiv
nicht_aktiv

So...I'm wondering if anyone has been able to set those numbers either through coding or through another means? I searched for "roadside" in the Gen 2 forum and found one other post from someone who was asking the same question. Unfortunately, no response.

TIA,
Your dealer can change all those numbers next time you bring it in for service. My car was transferred from another dealer and they forgot to change one of the numbers when I picked it up so they changed it last time I was there for an oil change. No big deal for them to do.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hyde76
Your dealer can change all those numbers next time you bring it in for service. My car was transferred from another dealer and they forgot to change one of the numbers when I picked it up so they changed it last time I was there for an oil change. No big deal for them to do.
Thanks, but I'm curious about HOW they make the change. I guess I think that if THEY can do it, so can I !

Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM
taumax
1st Gear
Hey there! Anybody in Denver that could help me with this? I do not currently have access to a PC laptop. :(

Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
esse.erre
1st Gear
After many trials I should throw the sponge.
I bought an INPA cable "china made" and I tried to have same indications in the thread below:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...npa-cable.html
Since I'm not able to connect my laptop with my new car (4/2012), I was wondering if NCS/EDIABAS can works with ENET cable (I built it by myself following the instruction found in /Ediabas/hardware/ENET directory).
Anyone has experience how to configure the software environment in order to do coding (with ENET cable of course)?
Do you think that I bought a wrong INPA cable (see pls the picture in the tread above)?
Anyone could help me?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 AM
threar
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by taumax
Hey there! Anybody in Denver that could help me with this? I do not currently have access to a PC laptop. :(
I'm in the area, just depends on what you need done.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Mauro Sciaccaluga
1st Gear
Hi,

first of all thank you for this thread it is awesome. I have already coded and I am happy with it. Just one thing...

I have the rain sensor, but each time I have to activate it pushing the side button on the wheel. Is there a way to have it already ON when you start the car? I think it should be available this option. Thank you in advance.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mauro Sciaccaluga
Hi,

first of all thank you for this thread it is awesome. I have already coded and I am happy with it. Just one thing...

I have the rain sensor, but each time I have to activate it pushing the side button on the wheel. Is there a way to have it already ON when you start the car? I think it should be available this option. Thank you in advance.
There is actually a logical reason why the auto-wipers reset when you turn off the ignition. Imagine a situation where you park the car at night in a light, misting rain with the auto-wipers having been set on. Overnight, the temperatures fall slightly under freezing at ground level causing the misting rain to freeze and coat your car with a solid half-inch of ice. Your wipers are entombed in this ice with no hope of the wiper motor's very modest torque being able to break the arms free. What will happen to the motor if you try to run the wipers before clearing the ice? Potential problems!

This auto-wiper reset behavior seems to be consistent among BMW, MINI and other Euro marques. Don't know whether Asian manufactures do this as well. IMHO, it takes a quick second to press the button to turn the auto-wipers on again. That is far faster that it would take to replace a wiper motor...

FWIW,

Last edited by Koopah; 07-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Mauro Sciaccaluga
1st Gear
What?? Who said that? I just want it to be ON when I push the Start engine button. I do not want it when the car is turned off. Did you read what I wrote?
And btw I live where temperature is never below 30C, I do not know what is ice.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
What?? Who said that? I just want it to be ON when I push the Start engine button. I do not want it when the car is turned off. Did you read what I wrote?
And btw I live where temperature is never below 30C, I do not know what is ice.
Mauro -

Aspetto un minuto, per favore! Easy does it, my friend!

Perhaps you misunderstood me; we are talking about the same thing: the auto-wipers remaining on by default when you start the car. The logic still stands.

To directly answer your question, I don't know if this is controlled via a module setting, but I suspect that it is controlled via an electrical relay of some kind. My guess it that the switch operates in a similar fashion as the window de-icer.

HTH,

Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Mauro Sciaccaluga
1st Gear
Yes, but it could be a option that I choose. Because there are lots of part of the world that do not know anything about ice. So I could choose, like I can set up to blink direction lights three times or not...

Old 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Mauro Sciaccaluga
1st Gear
Another thing, anyway even if you have ice that trap your wipers, if it rains usually ice would go away at the same time.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Yes, but it could be a option that I choose. Because there are lots of part of the world that do not know anything about ice. So I could choose, like I can set up to blink direction lights three times or not...
I believe that functionality would require MINI to make both code AND electrical changes and, thus, is not simply a case of modifying a pre-existing setting. I suppose you could contact MINI and suggest this change...

Old 07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
frstrtdmac
3rd Gear
can anyone talk me through the Motion while driving code? I have attempted to code this several times and nothing works. Obviously its user error, but I don't know where Im going wrong.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 AM
mjgood
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Koopah

- Roadside Assistance
- Customer Service
- Your Service Center

CONTACT_NUMBERS_BT
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_BCALL
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_DEALER
aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_HOTLINE
aktiv

CONTACT_NUMBERS_BCALL_M
nicht_aktiv
CONTACT_NUMBERS_DEALER_M
nicht_aktiv
nicht_aktiv

TIA,
It can be done using Tool32, my car had '0' for all the numbers and my dealer said that they weren't able to change the numbers....

I found this link Changing Phone Numbers

My car has the display without NAV so it has Champ instead of CIC, champ2r.prg is the file I updated..
The update doesn't show right away, car needed to power down first...

Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Wow! Thanks mjgood!

I've never run Tool32 but I'll give it a try...

Cheers ,

Old 07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
CrazyRaymond
Neutral
Hi guys, this thread has been really helpful. I managed to enabled VIM through the CHAMP module on my Countryman 2011 with daten v45 yesterday. My first coding. Thanks to everyone esp Theta and Koopa.

I thinking of other mods. I have SA6FP (Radio MINI Visual Boost) installed. Will it be possible just by coding to enable NAV? And how about SA6NM (MINI Connected)?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Mauro Sciaccaluga
1st Gear
You should add this new discovery to your list on page 1.

SONDERTASTE_PANIKALARM nicht_aktiv --> (change to) panikalarm

It will allow panic alarm holding the trunk button on key fob.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Theta
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I will comb through these and add the to the front page.

Can someone confirm the change in the post above?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide