F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
SemperMini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i just tried leaving the mirror select on both driver and passenger side and putting it into reverse. Nothing happened at all. I have a manual, but I cannot imagine that makes a difference as it still knows what gear I am in for reverse lights/speedo display... any thoughts?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:28 PM
fatherfork
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SemperMini
so i just tried leaving the mirror select on both driver and passenger side and putting it into reverse. Nothing happened at all. I have a manual, but I cannot imagine that makes a difference as it still knows what gear I am in for reverse lights/speedo display... any thoughts?
This feature works on my manual with power folding mirrors. Looks like it simply requires the power fold.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:34 PM
SemperMini
3rd Gear
thought a couple of previous posters reported it functioning in their cars without the power folding mirrors?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:05 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I checked what my version is by looking at I-step.

It shows F056-14-07-506. Mine was built 9/30/2014. On 12/30/2014 dealer told me there are no update for my car when he checked my keys.

On the main window of e-sys, after connected to my car, I see on the lower right corner, it says F056_14_11_502 | F056 | VIN: xxxxxxxxx | F056,F056-14-07-506. (see screen capture)
I think the left numbers are my psdzdata software version, and the most right numbers are what my car has. The _14_11_502 means November 14 and 502 is the revision number from that month.

I have both lite and full version of PSdZData v54.1. So my car has an older firmware than the software that is in v54.1.
There are 14_11_502, 14_11_501, 14_11_500 which are all newer than my current firmware. According to shawn, the last three digits are revision number for that month, and there could be more than one releases in a month. So if I wanted to update, I should update to F056_14_11_502

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-screen-shot-2015-01-08-at-9.57.18-pm.jpg  

Last edited by hp79; 01-09-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Mjay
1st Gear
Hello, I'll be receiving my cable next week! Can somebody PM me a link to the lite psdzfiels?

I want to enable video while driving and some other minor things. My mirrors already fold up when I press and hold the lock key on my remote.

Thanks!

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mjay
Hello, I'll be receiving my cable next week! Can somebody PM me a link to the lite psdzfiels?

I want to enable video while driving and some other minor things. My mirrors already fold up when I press and hold the lock key on my remote.

Thanks!
PM'ed. psdzdata v54.1

Old 01-10-2015, 10:07 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bennetbecker
You are 100% correct. You do not need to have the folding mirrors that come with the cold weather package to tilt your passenger mirror while in reverse. This is a standard function and didn't even require coding in my car. If you move (and keep) the mirror selector switch on the passenger side, the passenger mirror will tilt down while in reverse. No coding required.

Hope that helps.
I tried switching the keys and the mirror position wouldn't change. I think my car doesn't have that mirror memory thing so maybe that's why tilting on reverse also doesn't work.

It could also be related to the software version, which I have a July 2014 build instead of the November build. My car was built in September. Dealer won't update it saying they don't have any updates, but I heard from forum members that they say that because if they update mine, they don't get reimbursed for the time they spent on unnecessary update. I'll have to wait until there's a TSB or something that they can take the car in.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Mjay
1st Gear
Originally Posted by hp79
PM'ed. psdzdata v54.1

Old 01-10-2015, 03:17 PM
hp79
4th Gear
I know this sounds stupid, but I accidentally hit code or something without having done anything in the IHKA module. E-sys went ahead and programmed something, my clock and dates have been reset. And now, the fans won't turn off. Does anyone have an idea what to do to be able to turn the fan off?

I have the automatic climate control which comes stock with 2015 F56.
Fan speed and temperature controllers all work fine.

Edit: AC doesn't work any more. It blinks when I try to turn it on. I searched online, and it seems there's a dependency of order of flashing the modules, and someone else had the AC not working after flashing KOMBI. But then I only used the Lite version, so I don't know how it could have gotten flashed. I'll keep looking how to fix this.

Edit2: Never mind. After restoring stock values for my car (VO Coding), everything went back to normal after driving about 5 minutes. AC light was still blinking before this, but after 5 minutes of driving, AC works correctly again and I can also turn off the fans completely! Now, back to coding some stuff... hehe.

edit3: once you code IHKA, it needs to go through calibration process, which is keeping the AC on for about a minute while engine is idle. If you don't go through this process, the AC will blink blink and you won't be able to turn off the fans.

Last edited by hp79; 11-23-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OT question/post --

Anyone know which version of E-Sys and PSDzData is needed for an R55? Have a buddy wanting to code his based on seeing some of the changes I made.

Thanks

Old 01-11-2015, 07:02 AM
guil0205
Neutral
Originally Posted by CooperB
OT question/post --

Anyone know which version of E-Sys and PSDzData is needed for an R55? Have a buddy wanting to code his based on seeing some of the changes I made.

Thanks
ESYS is only for F series

Old 01-11-2015, 12:04 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the F55?

Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Wow, screwed that one up.

Need info for a 2011 MINI R57 - Convertible

Old 01-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Kevdog
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
Wow, screwed that one up.

Need info for a 2011 MINI R57 - Convertible
Get ready to go down the rabbit hole...Also be aware that some of the F56 settings will not be available for the R57.

Read these forums:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...beginners.html

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-yourself.html

Even though you are speaking about an R57, I got some of the best info and the software here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...r60-guide.html

Old 01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
CooperB
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kevdog
Get ready to go down the rabbit hole...Also be aware that some of the F56 settings will not be available for the R57.

Much appreciated Kevdog!

Old 01-15-2015, 04:50 PM
MovieBoy
Neutral
I am having problems finding the exact versions needed for this, can someone PM me links?

Old 01-15-2015, 05:04 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MovieBoy
I am having problems finding the exact versions needed for this, can someone PM me links?
PM sent.

Does anyone know if following two actually work for controlling the brightness of the Angel Lights for day time running lights?

MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_1_STANDARD
MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_2_REDUCED
MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_1_STANDARD
MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_2_REDUCED

I reduced my voltage to 12V, but didn't notice any difference. Maybe I should just try one side at a time with even lower voltages. I don't need or want the Angel Light to be that bright. I know, some people want brighter. I'm okay with less brighter.

edit: I tried 7.2V on one side, it didn't look any different. Maybe I have to use the % values instead of the Voltage values, but I'll leave that for maybe next time when I feel like it. For now, I reverted everything back to original.

Last edited by hp79; 01-16-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:46 PM
Rajapruk
3rd Gear
I am amazed what silly and useless features you are risking to mess up your car for in this thread. The embedded software and its configuration are very complex, and there are a lot of dependencies. E.g programming of different components has to be done in the right order. Often the dealers can't even get it right.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:26 AM
fatherfork
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Rajapruk
I am amazed what silly and useless features you are risking to mess up your car for in this thread. The embedded software and its configuration are very complex, and there are a lot of dependencies. E.g programming of different components has to be done in the right order. Often the dealers can't even get it right.
This thread is about support and sharing knowledge. We're all adults and understand the consequences. Let's not gum up the thread by posting unnecessarily.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:55 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rajapruk
I understand where you are coming from. Yes, it could mess up the embedded software, but I think if you are only doing FDL coding the chances of messing something up are very slim. There are parameters that are pre-defined, and most of the time we are just choosing from one of those.

I guess this is a way of trying to personalize some features. Some people add decals on their cars, I such things like my DRL to be a little less brighter for whatever reason. BTW, I checked today, it didn't look like there are any changes, so I reverted the changes back to how it was. (took less than 5 minutes to do this) I'll update the post that I had earlier.

Now, flashing the complete software to ECUs do require certain ordering as there are dependencies. That, I'm not going to attempt. I heard from someone that he screwed up while flashing (updating) all the ECUs. He said he followed the instructions as close as possible, but ended up bricking his car. He spent $1500 or something to fix it.

For beginner coders like myself: Make a "SVT Actual" backup first before you do anything. Never press the button "Code Default Values"!

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-esys-expert-mode.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Tommy Kardinal
2nd Gear
Can you code engine overrun (pop and burble) on the justa? I know the in S it has always been off in normal and on in sport mode, so there's definitely some electronic that adjusts this. Can you replicate this in the justa somehow?

Old 01-18-2015, 11:12 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Kardinal
Can you code engine overrun (pop and burble) on the justa? I know the in S it has always been off in normal and on in sport mode, so there's definitely some electronic that adjusts this. Can you replicate this in the justa somehow?
Unfortunately not. The S actually uses a system that takes unburned fuel and detonates it to create the popping effect - this just isn't present on the Coopers.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:25 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Looks like this is the code to disable bulb load check. This is useful if you replace the incandescent bulb with a non-resistor loaded LED. Resistor loaded LEDs (or CANBUS friendly LEDs) are not good because it burns extra power to look like it's a incandescent bulb.

I've been looking at the BDC_BODY 3061, and looking at the structure of brake middle light which is LED from factory, we need to disable the Cold check, Warm check, and also assign the bulb as LED.

Bulb names are as follows.
------------------------------
BL_L: brake light left
BL_R: brake light right
FRA_H_L: Turn signal Rear left
FRA_H_R: Turn signal Rear right
FRA_V_L: Turn signal Front left
FRA_V_R: Turn signal Front right
FRA_Z ?
RFS_L: Reverse light left
RFS_R: Reverse light right
KZL: License plate - default is LED
POL?
BIX?
BFD?

For example, if you want to replace the left brake light with LED bulbs, you need to do the following changes.
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv
BDC_BODY 3061 BL_L_IS_LED aktiv

I haven't tried this yet because I'm not going to replace the outside bulbs any time soon. But when I have time, I'm definitely going to replace at least the front parking lights to LEDs.

I would really like to find what the front parking lights are called in coding.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:43 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Kardinal
No, it's a result of turbo ALS (anti lag system).

Old 01-19-2015, 10:12 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The 3-cylinder has a turbo, how different is it?

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming