F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:25 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by hammerhands
The 3-cylinder has a turbo, how different is it?
You stated "Just a" twice in your previous post. I presumed not turbo.

Im speculating the 3 cyl doesn't have the same ALS as the 4 cyl.

Thats what happens in sport mode in the N18, more raw fuel is left unburned during throttle release.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:33 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is the F56 forum.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:30 PM
spacecadet
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spacecadet
If your car has "satellite radio prep" as an option then there is NO additional hardware required.

What you need is simply what is called an FSC code. Similar mechanism to that used by BMW for NAV map updates.

The only way I know for Sirius is to get this from BMW themselves as it is tied to the VIN.

However, if you do have E-sys, then you can code the car yourself, If you can persuade a dealer to sell you an FSC code only. I can imagine most dealers would be reluctant, as this is "money for nothing" territory

The only work they have to do is to log onto BMW's web portal and order this code. The wholesale price is much lower than the $375 retail price

Again, it is another wallet raping exercise by BMW as all they are charging you for is an activation key in effect for something your car already has.

There are companies out there offering such codes, but they will still have to get it "wholesale" for your VIN from a friendly contact in a dealer somewhere.

Personally having listened to Sirius over the year in various rental cars I'm not sure its worth it.

In any case, if you have a friendly dealer maybe you would be able to negotiate a discount for the code.

Here are the instructions how to code your car with e-sys, taken from another BMW forum so I cant confirm if it works or not.........

When you got your SAT Radio FSC Code, you should have received 3 files:

e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.xml
e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.der (FSC Code Certificate)
e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc (FSC Code)

E-Sys => Options => Settings => FSC Tab => Certificate Field:

Load FSC Code Certificate (e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.der)

E-Sys => Comfort Mode => FSC => FSC Field:

Load FSC Code (e.g. xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc. The FSC Code file must first be Base 64 Decoded or else E-Sys can not read it. (Use B64Dec for Decoding - http://4mhz.de/b64dec.html).

FA Field: Select "Read FA" to use cars current VO.

Parameter Fields: (Example for Sat Radio FSC Code and CIC):

Diagnostic Address (hex) = 63 (99 in Decimal for HU_CIC; I think the same for HU_NBT)
Application Number (dec) = 111 (6F in Hexidecimal - In FSC File Name, e.g xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc)
Base Variant = HU_CIC (CIC module name, e.g. HU_CIC, HU_NBT, etc.)
Upgrade Index = 1 (In FSC File Name, e.g xxxxxxx_006F0001.fsc))

Select "Upgrade FSC" to Import and Activate FSC Code.

Select "Check FSC Status", and you should see something like:

----------
AppID 111
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------

As a follow up to this I was able to order an fsc code from Patryk at Bimmer-tech

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...radio-retrofit

Cost was $250

Thanks to his great service, I received my code the next day from my order and was able to enable the radio.

The instructions are correct as above, but note the following

1) You also need to add option 655 (Sirius radio) to your VO and save it back to the car, then VO code the HU_NBT - this will delete any other manual coding changes you have made to the head unit previously, so you will need to re-enter them afterwards. I left option 695 in the VO (Sirius radio prep) , but I think this can be removed - I don't think this one affects any coding anyhow so it does not really matter

To VO code, after you have read the ECU, rather than the normal step of going to the CAFD and expanding it to go into the FDL editor, you simply right click on the main entry for HU_NBT and select VO code. This sets the head unit back to defaults, based on the VO.

2) You need to enter the codes in hexadecimal format eg 0x63 for the diagnostic address of the HU_NBT, when setting up to update the FSC code. The application number and diagnostic address are correct for the F56 as per the instructions above. Don't forget to use the base64 decoded version of the fsc file - you can tell for sure you have the right one as its a fewer number of bytes after decoding and if you try and open it in a text editor it is no longer just plain text.

3) You can activate your 1 year free trial by going on the Sirius website and signing up. You need the radio ESN which you can get by reading the subscription details after navigating to the satellite radio settings menu. This is only visible in the head unit once you have completed the coding/FSC update

Last edited by spacecadet; 01-19-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:12 PM
MovieBoy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hp79
PM sent.
Thanks! Followed the instructions and, as others have reported, it was easy once I did one or two changes.

One thing I did notice, when I changed the voice to be UK_English, the nav address input got screwed up. Did anyone else see this?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:33 PM
MINIMAN1411
2nd Gear
Yes, the Nav is totally screwed up, instead of States we now go to countries and the rest of the lines say something n.t.a., also instead of saying Sirius Radio it now says S-Dars n.t.a. which is a little annoying, but the nav voice in B-English is just so irresistible!

Old 01-22-2015, 06:38 AM
MiniSquirty
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MovieBoy

Thanks! Followed the instructions and, as others have reported, it was easy once I did one or two changes.

One thing I did notice, when I changed the voice to be UK_English, the nav address input got screwed up. Did anyone else see this?

Can someone please pm me the links to instructions and software download please. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:14 PM
handycam
Neutral
Greetings.

I have been doing some coding but I am stuck at changing the VO. The instructions indicate that I should read the SVT, but that produces the "Generate SVT_Ist failed. [C105]" error.

I see from the posts that rather than read SVT I should be doing read ECU. The problem I have is that reading the ECU should be what is currently there not what I want to code it to. I see that someone may have successfully changed the VO, did you do it with the read SVT step replaced with the read ECU?

Speaking of changing VO, I am trying to get enhanced bluetooth. As noted, there is no 6NS for the Mini, but here is a 6NE and 6NT. I was thinking of adding 6NE but I recall someone indicating issues with it. I was also thinking of replacing my 6NM with 6NT. I have HU_ENTRYNAV rather than HU_NBT. Does anyone have success with coding the 6NT on HU_ENTRYNAV?

I have a US F55 with a Nov 19, 2014 production date.

Any advice or warning is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2015, 06:54 AM
Emmons1983
1st Gear
Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and I just picked up my new MCS from the dealer on Friday and am trying to change some settings using E-Sys. Just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from with this question so we don't start with "Is the cable plugged in? Did you turn it off and on?", I would say I'm pretty savvy when it comes to technical things. My job requires me to connect to different machines via FTP, TelNet, and Serial so I feel like this isn't my first rodeo trying to do something like this.

I followed the E-Sys installation instructions to a "T", and am able to log in and get up to the point where I find the module I want to edit, right click the CAFD file, and click "Read Coding Data." For modules HU_NBT and BDC_BODY, I get the attached error message. I initially tried last night on my Mac using Windows in a virtual machine, and chalked it up to something funny going on with that setup. But this morning I installed everything on my work laptop (a toughbook) and I'm getting the same thing. When I try to read coding data in CAFD file in the BKOMBI module, it does what it's supposed to do (makes a folder) but when I right-click on the file in that folder and select "Edit FDL" it asks for the PIN I entered when I created my E-Sys token. I enter the pin (I'm positive it's the same one) and I get another error message (also attached). I'm driving from Detroit to Indie for work today, so I'm going to hit the road but I'm hoping someone here can correct my course as far as what (if anything) I'm doing wrong. I read somewhere (could have even been this thread) that BMW was updating the software on the car to reject any modification attempts through E-Sys... could that be what the issue is here? Or maybe I just need to check the cable and turn it off and back on again. :\ Thanks for any and all help!

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-error.jpg   Mini coding/programming-error2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Did you plug in the cable? Seriously, I read Spacecadet's post #278 above. Are you trying to get a free year of Sirius satellite radio with that move? And if so did it cost you $250?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:27 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
I think that the file not found error is that you need the newest psdzdata files. If you look in the directory with those files, I think you do not have that cafd file.

Are the latest psdzdata files available?

Last edited by hammerhands; 03-02-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:54 PM
randomquickness
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Can someone pm me a link to download the software?

Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Emmons1983
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Did you plug in the cable? Seriously, I read Spacecadet's post #278 above. Are you trying to get a free year of Sirius satellite radio with that move? And if so did it cost you $250?
Not trying to get satellite radio. Seems more work than it's worth to me; I'm used to Spotify, Beats, Pandora, and Songza. No need for Satellite.

No, I just want to code the following snippets that I've found around the internet, but it's not letting me get that far:

Code:
BDC
Unlock all doors with vehicle shutoff
(only works when vehicle settings "lock all doors upon drive" has been turned on)
BDC
3040 - VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK = Set Aktiv
or
3040 VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK = aktiv 01

Turn off radio and nav system if equiped when drivers door is opened
BDC
3020 - TCM_LOGIC_R_OFF_DOOR = Set Aktiv

Increase Angel Eyes Brightness to 100%
3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 = 100%
3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 = 100%
3062 MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_1_LEFT = 100%
3062 MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_2_RIGHT = 100%

Turn on door handle lights when reverse is selected
3070 OVT_BEI_REUCKFAHRLICHT = Set Aktiv

Fog lights can remain on with high beams
3068 NSW_AUS_BEI_FL = Set Nicht Aktiv (remain on with high beams)

Close windows, sunroof & mirror from key fob:
3056 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv 00 (Comfort Access ONLY)
3056 KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN  WERTE = 00 (Mirror Fold Delay = 0 sec delay)
3110 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN = aktiv (werte=01)
3110 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = (werte=01)
3110 ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = (werte=01)

Turn on Brake Force Flashing with Hard Braking:
3068 ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG = bremsclicht blinkend

Turn on Fog Lights with Welcome Lights:
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_PART_OF_WL = hard on
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_PART_OF_WL = hard on

Enable Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
3000 ASD_CONFIGURATION set to: aktiv
3000 ASD_SOUND_4 set to: aktiv

Enable Sport Displays (Power/Torque) & Unit Changing (kW/nM)
3000 EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID set to: aktiv
3000 EFF_DYN_SPORT_UNIT set to: aktiv

Enable Turn Signals in HUD
3001 HUD_TURNSIGNAL set to: aktiv

Navi Trip-Import
3000 NAVI_TRIP_IMPORT set to: aktiv

Auto Start/Stop Remember Last Setting:
3023 TCM_MSA_MEMORY = aktiv 01

HU_NBT:
Play video on navigation screen while vehicle is in motion
3000 - SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX = (Werte Value = FF)
3000 - SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN = (Werte Value = FF)
3000 - VIDEO_HANDBRAKE = Set Nicht Aktiv
3000 - VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED = Set Nicht Aktiv
3000 - VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION = Set none

Enable Video Files from USB
3000 ENT_CODEC_XVID set to: aktiv
3000 ENT_CODEC_XVCD set to: aktiv
3000 API_USB_VIDEO set to: both

Remove the iDrive system startup disclaimer message
3001 - LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME = Set kein_ld

Enable the function of saving video files to NBT Hard Drive for play later
3000 ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT set to: aktiv

Disable Office Function Speed Lock-Out
3000 OFFICE_MESSAGES_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION set to: nicht_aktiv

Enable Full Text Lines in Office While Driving
3003 PIM_DRIVING_TEXT_LENGTH set to: whole text_07

Enable Audible Chirp/Beep When Locking Car
3000 ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM set to: aktiv

Enable Speeach Input for E-Mail or SMS
3003 SPEECH_2_TEXT set to: aktiv

Enable Time-Stamp Display for Call Log
3003 TIMESTAMP_DISPLAY set to: aktiv

Add GPS Current Location to Navi Menu Items
3000 NAVI_POSITION_MENU set to: aktiv

Change maximum radio volume upon vehicle start
[32 is the hex value for 50%, other hex values for example: 25% is 19; 75% is 4B)]
3002 VOL_MAX_ON = (Werte Value = 32)

Display Tire Pressure AND temperature in vehicle status menu
3001 RDC_SAFETY = Set Aktiv

Change Navi Voice to British English
3000 LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_UK set to: master (default was nicht_aktiv)
3000 LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_US set to: nicht_aktiv (default was aktiv)

KOMBI:
Set Clock via GPS:
3000 GPS_UHR = aktiv 01

Bright daytime instrument display a lot better than the nighttime orange display.
3007 DIM_NACHT_EIN = Werte = FF
The default value is Werte=0A (10%) . This hexadecimal value relates to the sensitivity of the sensor that determines the threshold at which the display changes into its nighttime mode. When set to FF it stays on the daytime mode constantly."

Old 03-03-2015, 05:46 AM
brando087
2nd Gear
I turned the brake force flashing thing off. It was pretty annoying as you get a warning message every time the brake lights flash. The audible chirp/beep when locking your car won't work unless you have an alarm. Other than those, I believe I did the same thing to my car.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:50 AM
hammerhands
5th Gear
I was unable to find much relating to fresh air in IHKA except for some memory settings relating to shutting the car off.

Can some German speakers have a look? I'm looking to disable the recirculate air automatically shutting off, specifically for the 3-cylinder F56 and the manual climate control.

This was my best attempt at translating that file.

https://translate.google.ca/translat....txt&sandbox=1

This one is promising
4BIT VALUE 2
comment * test coding for China UL, if not active, does not play automatically switched air recirculation on AUC.

Attached Files
File Type: txt
three.txt (33.8 KB, 853 views)

Last edited by hammerhands; 09-03-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Emmons1983
1st Gear
I think that the file not found error is that you need the newest psdzdata files. If you look in the directory with those files, I think you do not have that cafd file.

Are the latest psdzdata files available?
hammerhands, what is the latest version? I don't have the .rar file on me right now so I don't know what version I installed, but I'll check my version tonight.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:25 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
The thing about the end of coding....

http://www.sfbmwcoding.com/psdzdata-...-chassis-bmws/

The version of psdzdata I have doesn't have that file. I don't know which version I have.

I see a reference out there to 3.55.0.100. There's a note that says:
CAFD files still empty. Use CAFD files from version 3.54.1 (lite).

And a note says BMW E-SYS 3.26.1

So 3.54.1 should get you what you need.

Last edited by hammerhands; 03-03-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Emmons1983
1st Gear
The thing about the end of coding....

http://www.sfbmwcoding.com/psdzdata-...-chassis-bmws/

The version of psdzdata I have () doesn't have that file.
That really sucks.

I haven't checked my version yet, but since it was built after November, I'm guessing it has the new software. On the other hand, I had to install the Bluetooth update for the infotainment system yesterday, and that's been out since December so who knows.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:45 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Try 3.54.1

Old 03-04-2015, 05:44 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Is it hard to update the Bluetooth? I need that to get Spotify to work correctly. My car is in the shop and asked them to do it but they don't think MINI will allow them because the bulletin for it does not include my car by like 2 months. Which is total BS so I can't get it fixed.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 AM
MiniLynsk
3rd Gear
Did mine the other day. All you need is a USB drive formatted to FAT 32 download the .bin file and put it on the drive. Start car and go to the software upgrade with the usb drive plugged in and follow the steps. Took about a minute to complete and now spotify works perfect over Bluetooth.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniLynsk
Did mine the other day. All you need is a USB drive formatted to FAT 32 download the .bin file and put it on the drive. Start car and go to the software upgrade with the usb drive plugged in and follow the steps. Took about a minute to complete and now spotify works perfect over Bluetooth.
Cool I will try to that when I get my car back. Thank you!!!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:39 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Did you dload it from the MINI connect site?...sorry to bother you. Thanks

Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM
MiniLynsk
3rd Gear
Old 03-05-2015, 02:31 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Thank you!!!!!

Old 03-06-2015, 06:06 PM
cwarman
Neutral
Hello,

Looking to start coding my F56. Could someone PM me the PSdZData files?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming