Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
vert
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O
Juppers is correct, I would use atleast V45 datens for your car. I believe Theta posted all of the daten files in the very first post. If there not there, just search for R56 V45 datens on google (R56 and R60 use the same files, etc)

Here is how to do the factory reset on a module (although update your daten files before attempting a reset):
Load Expertmode
Choose the module (in your case KOMBI)
Change Job to SG_Codieren
Execute Job
Thanks guys! I installed v45 into Datens, ECU and SGDAT folders, coded a blank .MAN file first, then re-coded and it works just fine now, including the "always show digital speed" change. For anyone with the same issue, I got the v45 files from NCSExpert for Beginners thread here on NAM.

I coded a whole bunch of changes and they all worked great. It completely transforms the car for the better!

There are just a couple of things that I can't code due to errors when trying to read the file - Heartbeat alarm in SPEG and I also can't read the FRM module. I posted in the other thread about making the alarm blink as I've followed directions about mixing different datens in folders, but that did not work. Here is the thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3693065

Also, the open sunroof/windows from remote - does your sunroof open all the way or just tilts when you hold the unlock button? Mine only tilts. If it is already open and you hold the lock button, it will auto close all the way. I am wondering if tilt on open is the only option, or if i missed something and it should open all the way on unlock as well.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
calforhelp
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vert
Also, the open sunroof/windows from remote - does your sunroof open all the way or just tilts when you hold the unlock button? Mine only tilts. If it is already open and you hold the lock button, it will auto close all the way. I am wondering if tilt on open is the only option, or if i missed something and it should open all the way on unlock as well.
Mine only tilts. I believe that's the only option unfortunately. If its all the way open it will fully close with the lock button.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Make sure you have properly updated your files, if need be try to update to V46. As far as the sunroof, it is just supposed to tilt.

Originally Posted by vert

There are just a couple of things that I can't code due to errors when trying to read the file - Heartbeat alarm in SPEG and I also can't read the FRM module. I posted in the other thread about making the alarm blink as I've followed directions about mixing different datens in folders, but that did not work. Here is the thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3693065

Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
vert
1st Gear
ALL ISSUES RESOLVED!

Here is what I had to do to get all the modules to read without any errors and code without messing anything up. Download the new EDIABAS 7.2.0 package included in the Standard Tools Setup 2.10. This is an updated version of what was included in the package provided here on NAM in the Beginner thread. Here is where I downloaded it from: http://www.4shared.com/zip/nkqWbwoo/setup_2100.html Password to download is INPA - case sensitive. Then install datens v45. I followed the pdf guide part 1 in the Begginer thread but used the new Standard Tools Setup and Datens 45.

After installing the above, I could read every module without errors and was able to code without messing anything up after coding was finished. Heartbeat works as well and it looks great! I hope this helps someone down the line. This is THE best upgrade I've made to my car!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Shoe Coupe
4th Gear
So got an issue I'm hoping you guys might be able to help with. I was trying to enable the MOST/CAN gateway to talk to the radio. I went into INPA and set a ProTra Mode and a reset and lost my bluetooth module. I went back and disabled the ProTra mode and did a reset and still dont have bluetooth/usb. :(

the VO shows $6ND in both CAS and FRM. What could I have done?

One thing I know is that the INPA version I used was older than the software in the car. Could this have caused the issue? It was just a simple reset.... Hmmmm

Old 03-31-2013, 01:06 PM
PNWMini
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dove into coding today. I have some feedback for the spreadsheet and some questions.

For my 2011 MCS, DRL coding was a little different. I have a FRM3 module and the keywords were VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R, not VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL, as well as DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R, not DRL_TFL_MIT_SML. Ditto for TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT_3R, not TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT.

Since DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R makes the parking/city lights work as DRLs just fine, DRL_TFL_MIT_NSW_3R seems like it should do the same for the front fogs but does not. Anyone know of a solution? The parking lights are too dim to be effective so I was thinking of front fogs + parking lights. If this doesn't work, I will go with a slightly brighter bulb or LED. (Hoen?)

I changed TIME_COLOR_CIRCLE to 10sec and slowed the rotation cycle. Other values are: 1sec, 2sec, 3sec, 5sec (the default), 7sec. Seems like a good addition to the spreadsheet but I can't make that edit myself.

SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP is listed in the spreadsheet but with no solution. I looked for this in the module traces but didn’t see it. It does appear in the full vehicle trace. Anyone know where it is or if it is possible to do remote folding from the door or the fob?

And one last thing. In my E90, changing these lines in CAPPL
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_NORMAL
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_EMPFIN
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_SEHR_E
from par_gesperrt to par_frei added an iDrive menu for changing headlight sensitivity under the Lighting section. I searched and found these entries in my full vehicle trace but I could not find them in any module (can't read ECU but that doesn't seem a likely hiding place). Has anyone been successful in finding or changing these on Mini's navigation? I find the default auto headlights a little too sensitive for my taste. I did find “HEADLIGHT_SETTING”in CHAMP that was nicht_aktiv but haven’t tried it yet.

Thanks for all the links and the work done to consolidate things. I had limited experience on E90 coding but this thread made for a nice, fast ramp on my R56.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 AM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP or a variation of this can be found in the FRM module. However, the Mini mirrors are not connected like the BMW mirrors so you cannot code the mirrors to fold with the key, unfortunately.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM
komet155
4th Gear
I've searched high and low and hope, hope, hope that I'm now in the right place.....does anyone know if the "hill assist" feature which is part of DSC can be disabled? It does not deactivate when the DSC button is switched off, so I'm hoping there's a coding method of disabling it.
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Please post a trace file and coding level of your DSC module if you can.

I found an E82 reference post that said they got rid of it with this:
C0F_AFH_HSA
wert_00

C0F_HSA
wert_00
wert_10

Look for AFH_DOA = AnFahrHilfe = starting aid (do not roll down the hill)

Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM
komet155
4th Gear
I don't know what a trace file is but if you mean I need to read the coding info in my DSC module I'll have to wait until I get a cable and familiarize with navigating the software. I've only had the car 8 days so this is all very new to me. I just know I hate the "hill assist" function! However, since it sounds there may be a possibility of relief, I'm encouraged to look into this further.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Nins
Neutral
I found the hill assist is kind of useful !

please chime in I want to know what I am missing here

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
2big4mycar
1st Gear
I'd like to keep my low beams on while my high beams are on, is this something that can be done with ncs or is it a wiring project? I see the fog option but not sure about low beams.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 AM
BrutusG
1st Gear
Would anyone be able to share some success tips or have NCS Expert working with their 07 MCS? I've tried Ediabas 6.4.7 and 7.2.0...with datens 38, 40, and 45. However, the most success I've had is to get the "VIN is Faulty" "COAPI-2000 EDIABAS OR SGBD" "ERROR IFH-0018"

I've copied the folders correctly, files are in Daten/r56, ran the laden.bat, changed the latency to 1, and I'm using REVTOR's profile. I know people have said to use this EDIABAS with that Datens, but remove these files and use those...but would anyone care to maybe share what works or upload the files that might help me?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:35 AM
u238
3rd Gear
Can anyone explain how to determine what version datens are installed?

Edit: I gave v45 a shot and it was successful. I have a 2011 MCS and the programming was flawless.

Update: A few modules can't be programmed without a software update.

Last edited by u238; 04-26-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
nutsofamily
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was wondering if you can give me exactly what has to be coded for city lights to work as DRL.
I understand that I have to remove the canada code in VO from cas and frm then default all modules.

Which ones do i set then active and non active for city lights as DRL.

After this is done, will my AUTO headlights setting still work?

Thanks.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 PM
PNWMini
2nd Gear
I put in a pair of LED for my parking/city lights only DRL.

Change these lines:
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_3R ≫ drl_s (selective DRL?)
DRL_TFL_MIT_SML_3R ≫ aktiv (turns on parking/city lights)
If other DRLs are on, turn them off. My car had the following on so I had to turn them off (nicht_aktiv):
DRL_TFL_MIT_SL_2
DRL_TFL_MIT_KZL
DRL_TFL_MIT_BFD
DRL_TFL_RL_BL
DRL_TFL_RL_BL_1
DRL_TFL_RL_BL_2
If you get bulb check errors with LED, code
WARMUE_POL_M2_50_M1_8
KALTUE_POL_M2_50_M1_8
to nicht_aktiv.

None of these changes will affect your autolight functionality.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 PM
nutsofamily
3rd Gear
Thank you!!!

I will try it.

I am assuming that I MUST remove the $838 Canada option from my VO in Cas and FRM?

Old 05-03-2013, 06:25 AM
PNWMini
2nd Gear
You can try and see what happens. My understanding is the Canada country code has priority. I have a US car so do not know. All the above worked for me but YMMV.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Nins
Neutral
Originally Posted by nutsofamily
Thank you!!!

I will try it.

I am assuming that I MUST remove the $838 Canada option from my VO in Cas and FRM?
Hi can you kindly share how to remove $838 and Default the modules step by step please thanks In advance

Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
nutsofamily
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nins

Hi can you kindly share how to remove $838 and Default the modules step by step please thanks In advance
Have you figured it out yet. If not I'll send to a step by step tomorrow night.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Nins
Neutral
Have you figured it out yet. If not I'll send to a step by step tomorrow night.
Thanks for reply no I haven't can you send it to me please.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:36 AM
nutsofamily
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nins

Thanks for reply no I haven't can you send it to me please.
Sorry, last night Telus Internet was down, I'll shoot it over when I get home today.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 PM
nutsofamily
3rd Gear
Load profile
F1
F3
Select r56
Select cas
F2
Select r56
Highlight item to delete
Then press delete
F6
F4 process ecu
Cas
F2 change job
Fawrite
Execute job

Do same with frm

Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Nins
Neutral
Load profile
F1
F3
Select r56
Select cas
F2
Select r56
Highlight item to delete
Then press delete
F6
F4 process ecu
Cas
F2 change job
Fawrite
Execute job

Do same with frm
Thanks bro I will give it try will post back thanks for millions

Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 PM
g35mt
2nd Gear
I thought i let you know you all know that with the help from Chernobyl, i was able to get NCSexpert to work.

My issue was i had run a vm using macbook 2013 13inch model. The issue was that the usb 3.0 doesn't function well. I got the cable from ebay and originally it didn't work but with help from Chernobyl, i was able to get it to work. I borrow my friend netbook and got the following to work on 2012 JCW HT.

1) Rear Fog light retrofit
2) Remove Legal disclaimer from Connected or Nav
3) remote closing windows
4) weather band radio - not sure if this work..don't know how to look for it.

I am in the quest to enable video while car move. I know it's dangerous want to see if i can enable for my kid. I got some stuff from the champ module. Can someone help translate what below mean?

VIDEO_WATCHDOG_SIDEVIEW
aktiv
VIDEO_WATCHDOG_REARVIEW
nicht_aktiv
VIDEO_WATCHDOG_TOPVIEW
nicht_aktiv
VIDEO_WATCHDOG_NIGHTVISIO
nicht_aktiv
EARLY_VIDEO_LEGALDISCL
kein_ld
VIDEO_DENY
deny_slow_key
VIDEO_DENY_C0B
deny_slow_key
VIDEOMODUL_CCC_9
nicht_aktiv
VIDEOMODUL_CCC_B
nicht_aktiv
ISPEECH_VIDEOMODUL
nicht_aktiv
SL01_VIDEO
nicht_aktiv
DVDVIDEO_AOP
nicht_aktiv
RSE_INTERNAL_VIDEO_PLAYBK
wert_255
HU_INTERNAL_VIDEO_PLAYBK
wert_255
CDMM_VIDEO
nicht_aktiv
ENT_VIDEO_VORNE_GESPERRT
nicht_aktiv
VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE
aktiv
CDMM_USB_VIDEO
first_usb
VIDEO_PLAYER_EIN_AUS
aktiv
CDMM_VIDEO_C0B
nicht_aktiv

Last edited by g35mt; 05-12-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)