Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can someone confirm access to the Transmission Module? I cant remember the code for it now but that is where my primary interest lies. Preferably someone with an AUTO. Thank you for the assistance. I received my cable today and will be installing the software on my laptop tonight.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by calforhelp
Check again, you'll see quite a few things missing. Welcome Light mods, far more bulb checks that are labeled, mood lighting cycle speed, and a few other little things. Also not everything on your spreadsheet is complete, some are missing wether to set the line to aktiv or nicht_aktiv.

Yes, there was one mistake but that's less errors than the other database. With 700+ people having full R/W access to something, it's bound to get screwed up, they can't however screwup a JPEG. Any problems aren't your fault, it's just what comes with that many people having free access to something. I appreciate the work you put in, it's what enabled me to get my system up and running.

There is also a setting to start the engine without pressing the brake pedal in the CAS that is missing. Not that I recommend that (unless you have an automatic).

Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sacred Disorder
Can someone confirm access to the Transmission Module? I cant remember the code for it now but that is where my primary interest lies. Preferably someone with an AUTO. Thank you for the assistance. I received my cable today and will be installing the software on my laptop tonight.
There is no coding for the transmission in NCS.

There is diagnostic available in INPA and DIS for the EGS, you can view, clear codes. Also, you can reset the learned adaptations.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by strobeyprobey
There is also a setting to start the engine without pressing the brake pedal in the CAS that is missing. Not that I recommend that (unless you have an automatic).
I tried that one on a manual and it doesn't work.
I personally didn't want to put in on the spreadsheet as I think it is dangerous to have that option.

More option are available on the bimmer website too, however some are not compatible with Mini, e.g. key pops off once engine is turn off.

I do agree that having a lot of ppl can be an issue; however it is better to have "complete" database than several once. If you do find things missing (light bulb check" please feel free to add them on.

Thanks for your work.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:45 PM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O
Is the ignition on and engine off?
Which cable are you using?
Version of NCS Expert?
Version of Ediabas?
Can you access all other modules without issues?
Hi TRIPLE_O,

-I am using the cable from this link http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.a...ortsid=&sorts= in the NCS Expert for Beginners tread

-NCS expert version is App.Version 3.1.0

-Ediabas is 7.2.0

-I can access all other modules except the RAD module.

THank you in advance.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTECKO
I am not sure if this is the right thread though ...sorry man, no idea.

a few things missing ? When Im checking your screenshot, I do not see anything different, apart from the error on the fog light on code. Anyway, thanks for the iniative, its good you did it for your self, however there is more than 700 ppl following the spreadsheet, I cant have someone throwing wrong codes on this thread. Hope you understand that. If you do have anything new, let me know and I ll add it.

@wai_jai268 , TRIPLE_O askd some good question that will potentially help us find a solution for you.
Iam trying to code the Efficient Dynamics Shifting Indicator tomorrow as Iam off
was wondering why it shows 6 gear and you doing 66 km/h humm ?
as for seeing in the VO, maybe Strobeyprobey knows he's good like that

Yep, I am going 66 km/h and BC telling me to shift to 6th. I would love to get the VO for this so i can turn this on or off in BC.

Also, have you or anyone tried the code HEIMLEUCHTEN_FUNKSCHL in FRM module change to activ. Which this does in theory is to turn on follow me home lighting when pressing the trunk button on the remote fob once. I changed this to activ but nothing happens. It work well with other BMWs.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no coding for the transmission in NCS.

There is diagnostic available in INPA and DIS for the EGS, you can view, clear codes. Also, you can reset the learned adaptations.
Thanks!! I was hoping there would be some way to adjust the automatic shift points. It would be nice to take advantage of the 7K rev limit with the AP tune.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
keduMINI
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Can Table made by calforhelp be moved to start of a thread?

Originally Posted by calforhelp
I assembled all of the codes I could find into a single organized, pretty chart.

Image updated 9/9/12
This is a good summary Table (as are any tabular NCS compilations) that can only be found happen stance by wading through this sizable thread. Independently searching the Forum or the web, narrows the options, but it does not inform specifically on the existence of the table. It would be nice if it stood at the start of a new thread and titled accordingly and informatively.

The upside of the table is that it is not editable by different contributors who could potentially mangle it; the downside is that all edits port through the "Table Manager", and updates from contributors are slowed. A gift/curse scenario, but overall concise and organized!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
YorkPower
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys!

Yesterday I coded the MINI and installed the Retrofit SportButton!
I also coded that windows can be closed by the key, the alarm and the extended boardcomputer.
First we had some problems because we tried to process car in stead of process ECU and so on the good modules.
But now I'm having a problem with the PDC.

I have PDC installed on the car from the beginning but now it won't work anymore and the option isn't listed anymore in the radio settings.

Does anyone know what I have to do to make it work again?

Thank you very much!

Ow yeah, can someone please give me acces to the coding file? So I could see what already is found

THX! Especially for all the clear information!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 AM
YorkPower
Neutral
Still, nobody that has any idea? :(

I can't access the 1RAD module, is here someone that knows how to access it? THX

Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM
DrZ
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just wondering if anyone that's done the Recaro retrofit is reading; my ABG module doesn't show the OC3_1, OC3_2 parameters that everyone changes to work around the lack of an occupancy sensor in the passenger seat.

There's a single OC3 parameter, but disabling that makes the car very unhappy, and no obvious other parameters to change (US_SCHWELLEN looks like the only possible candidate, but "US swelling" is a bit vague).

Any thoughts?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 AM
aleclee
3rd Gear
Requested access to spreadsheet

Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Ok so to answer your question. You will need an ICOM to access that module. ICOMs are fairly expensive.

Originally Posted by wai_jai268
Hi TRIPLE_O,

-I am using the cable from this link http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.a...ortsid=&sorts= in the NCS Expert for Beginners tread

-NCS expert version is App.Version 3.1.0

-Ediabas is 7.2.0

-I can access all other modules except the RAD module.

THank you in advance.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Shoe Coupe
4th Gear
Hey all,

I'm having an intermittent DSC issue with my r60 and wanted to use INPA to scan/test the dsc module. I tried installing the BMW Tools and copying over the v41 datens files to both EDIBIAS and INPA folders, I can access CAS and other modules through INPA but not the DSC module

Has anyone got this working?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:46 AM
john171
3rd Gear
@GTECKO

Originally Posted by GTECKO
you need to ask request to view it (please do not edit randomly) and one of the actual authorize person will allow you to check it.
If this is still available I would like to request permission.
Lots of good info in this forum...your original post with the list of items needed is great, Thanks!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like I am the next casualty of the missing spoiler / missing fuel gauge issue. Made worse by the fact that I was upgraded to 48.1 or 48.2 by the dealer, which was HARD to get datens for.

But now I get this from NCS Expert. I'm pretty sure I have updated my DATENs to the right version, so I am completely lost as to why this is happening (in fact, this is the same error I was getting earlier when my DATEN files were out of date). I do not think there is any change in KOMBI between 48.1 and 48.2.

I am running NCS 3.1.0 and Ediabas 7.2.0. The KOMBI module is version R056-12-11-502.

Code:
ERROR! Modul: DEF_FILE.C, ProcNr: 03, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 62.
       003050'01,4121d (1019h)

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHGetNettoDataFromCbd, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 1043
COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file
KOMB56.C05

Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Did you update your daten files properly?

Originally Posted by jbourne
Looks like I am the next casualty of the missing spoiler / missing fuel gauge issue. Made worse by the fact that I was upgraded to 48.1 or 48.2 by the dealer, which was HARD to get datens for.

But now I get this from NCS Expert. I'm pretty sure I have updated my DATENs to the right version, so I am completely lost as to why this is happening (in fact, this is the same error I was getting earlier when my DATEN files were out of date). I do not think there is any change in KOMBI between 48.1 and 48.2.

I am running NCS 3.1.0 and Ediabas 7.2.0. The KOMBI module is version R056-12-11-502.

Code:
       003050'01,4121d (1019h)

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHGetNettoDataFromCbd, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 1043
COAPI-1043: error during processing CBD-file
KOMB56.C05

Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O
Did you update your daten files properly?
half a day layer, it's solved - and you're right - something wonked up when I updated. flushing everything and reinstalling BMW Standard Tools and v48.1 datens fixed my problem.

For reference, all I did (once I had the right update) was open Expertmode and immediately select SG_CODIEREN - this brought my Mini back to normal state, and I immediately flashed the right KOMBI config. Then my battery died. haha

Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Glad to see all is working!!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
picasso64
Neutral
Mini r57 sd archive update

Help .... problem with ncs expert and r57 mini SD 2012 I do not read the ECU you have any link to update the archive?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 AM
vert
1st Gear
Please help!

Coding gone wrong... 2009 R56 base hatchback. V38 datens.

I coded the sunroof first and it worked great with the one touch feature.

I then tried coding the alarm to be on to have the heartbeat light on when locked, but it could not read the SPEG module and I got an error. I left it alone and tried another module.

I tried coding "always show digital speed" in KOMBI by setting DG_SPEED_PERMANENT = activ. Read the trace file fine, coded the car per spreadsheet, it said coding complete, dash lights turned off, then came back on, the car chimed in a different tone than anything I heard, the red "car on a lift" icon showed up on the tach, then the icons shown in the picture attached. The car now beeps every 30-45 seconds showing the icon in the picture even with the key out of ignition. It has been doing this all night, beeping every 30-45 seconds and I am keeping the car on the charger now. I saved a copy of KOMBI before coding the car as instructed and loaded it back several times after the problem showed up. When I read it back, it seems that the file loaded in the car is the same as the backup saying nicht activ for DG_SPEED_PERMANENT.

Here is a link to the original trace file that is loaded as .MAN in the KOMBI module - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59838598/FSW_PSW.TRC. I don't know maybe it got messed up somehow so what I have loaded is not working?

Please help!!!

Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)-img_20130306_000531.jpg  

Last edited by vert; 03-06-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Juppers
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Use newer datens. V38 is too old.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
vert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Juppers
Use newer datens. V38 is too old.
I have v40 that came packaged in the download from NAM. I installed v38 as the OP had a 2009 cooper and that's what he used to code. So if I install v40 - what are the next steps?

Also, in this thread i read that you can put any module back to the default trace somehow... how do you do that? Here it is, posted by "strobeyprobey" back in 2011 "The great thing about tracefile modification is that if you screw something up, you can "default" the module back to original settings. Just program the module with the tracefile modification option in the profile editor turned off!"

Last edited by vert; 03-06-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
vert
1st Gear
Juppers, As alexs3d2 stated, double-check the model in the VO. You can find the VO string in the FA.txt (I think that's what it was called) in the NCS Work directory.

Try to reset your KOMBI back to default.

1. Go into the profile editor and turn off trace file manipulation. Password to edit the profile is repxet
2. Then hit the Process CPU button (when you have the KOMBI selected).

Should take just a few seconds, but any changes you have made should be corrected and you will back to normal. Somehow you fed the module bad information in your coding attempt, either some settings got changed inadvertently or you ended up with the wrong coding level.

I have done this process a few times and what it does it "defaults" the module back to a factory defined state based on the vehicle order string. It has always worked for me.
Seems like trying to reset as shown in step 1 is what I need to try doing as well... I am in the profile, but how do you "turn off trace file manipulation"?

Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)-profile.gif  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 AM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Juppers is correct, I would use atleast V45 datens for your car. I believe Theta posted all of the daten files in the very first post. If there not there, just search for R56 V45 datens on google (R56 and R60 use the same files, etc)

Here is how to do the factory reset on a module (although update your daten files before attempting a reset):
Load Expertmode
Choose the module (in your case KOMBI)
Change Job to SG_Codieren
Execute Job

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)