Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:23 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
It was bought to my attention that someone (again) had deleted content from the spreadsheet, this time it was the module columm.
I am getting annoyed when people dont respect someone's work.

I am going to check on the revisions and if I see someone deleted any content, I will block that person from accessing any material I put on.

It is going to come to a point where Iam thinking of locking the spreadsheet's cells to avoid any changes made...how hard is it to just only look and add X if you have successfully done something on your year model (most have already been tried)
Download the spreadsheet on your own computer and do whatever you want on your own !

Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM
ve9aa
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi GTECHO, (thanks for all your work on this stuff. Top drawer.
I put in a request for the spreadsheet access. . (and I certainly WON'T edit it ! ! )

Thanks from next door in NB, Canada !
-Mike

Old 08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
ve9aa
2nd Gear
wow-that was quick. Made a copy.

Cheers/Merci !

Old 08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
absoluteczech
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GTECKO

ok... how what is wrong with that ? pretty much what everything ppl tried (on the spreadsheet PAGE 1; POST 1) is what you would do to your car.
If you need anything and cant find us, post it, probably someone tried it out and hasnt posted it.
thanks, i somehow missed the link in the first post. access requested

Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 PM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to this forum and E9x forum, I was able to do the following on my Canadian Spec Mini Cooper Classic Limited Edition.

-Enabled rear fog light (adding vo $5AA to car)
-double blink
-comfort closing
-disabled the window close interrupt when door open
-enable the option in BC to have DRL enable or disable (delete VO $838)
-make welcome light soft glow for the rear brake light and rear fog (change WL_NSL and WL_SL2 to soft_hacxxxx in FRM module)

Today, i found out we can also have Efficient Dynamics shift indicator suggestions enable when crusing at the BMx Cxding forum.
Just change SCHALT_PKT_DAUERHAFT from nicht_activ to activ in the Kombi module. I can't find the VO for this feature because I would love to turn it off and on sometimes, rather than having it active all the time...oh wells...

To OP, please add this to the spreadsheet? tested on a 2011 Mini.

Btw....anyone know if we can change the Mini Gong to the BMW gong by using NCS Expert? I read from a BMW forum that you need to change the radio?

THanks

Old 08-26-2012, 01:24 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
An update for anyone installing rear fogs, I did this today on a 2011. In addition to updating the VO & writing $5AA to the CAS and FRM modules, I had to go into the IHK/IHKS module and set NSL_FUNKTION_SZM to aktiv.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 PM
calforhelp
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I assembled all of the codes I could find into a single organized, pretty chart. I thought this might be a little more helpful than the many databases that are out there, most of which are missing a few things. If anyone has anything to add, please let me know, I'd be happy to add them both for myself and others. I'm very interested in finding out which bulb corresponds to which bulb code.
Name:  Coding3.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  345.5 KB
Image updated 9/9/12

Last edited by calforhelp; 09-09-2012 at 06:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
aabcds (06-07-2020)
Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM
vazdom
1st Gear
Hi there recently I have the Electric Steering Wheel Lock Fault light came up, but I was driving with no problems, But now the Mini dont start anymore.....

I dont have spark

My TB isn't responding....

I really dont want to take my car with the dealer, HELP Please.

How I can solve this with NCS ?

Another question..

Is possible to take off the fault Airbag light ? How I can do it?

thanks in advance!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vazdom
Hi there recently I have the Electric Steering Wheel Lock Fault light came up, but I was driving with no problems, But now the Mini dont start anymore.....

I dont have spark

My TB isn't responding....

I really dont want to take my car with the dealer, HELP Please.

How I can solve this with NCS ?

Is possible to take off the fault Airbag light ? How I can do it?
All of the diagnostic information you are looking for can be performed with INPA or DIS version 57. NCS Expert will not help you.

Head over to the Stock Problems forum for more help.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 PM
vazdom
1st Gear
thank you for fast responding, well I am looking for help in NCS expert because I checked on INPA, and everything seems ok, but when I identify CAS I have a line that says vehicle Identification NR 0000000 every thing on that page is ok and when I read read Ignition key I have Immobilization system signal Invalid everything seems ok.. So I was reading and I see that the Steering Wheel Lock faulty can be the problem, So I want to know if there are possibility to make something with this with ncs expert

I recoded to all modules, but nothing....

I will be appreciate any help!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM
KevinBaker
3rd Gear
Hi, sent a PM requesting access a few days ago, still have not heard back? Can I please get access?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 AM
KevinBaker
3rd Gear
Thanks, have been let in now .

Old 08-31-2012, 06:34 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wai_jai268
Today, i found out we can also have Efficient Dynamics shift indicator suggestions enable when crusing at the BMx Cxding forum.Just change SCHALT_PKT_DAUERHAFT from nicht_activ to activ in the Kombi module. I can't find the VO for this feature because I would love to turn it off and on sometimes, rather than having it active all the time...oh wells...
How did that work out for you ??

Originally Posted by calforhelp
I assembled all of the codes I could find into a single organized, pretty chart. I thought this might be a little more helpful than the many databases that are out there, most of which are missing a few things. If anyone has anything to add, please let me know, I'd be happy to add them both for myself and others. I'm very interested in finding out which bulb corresponds to which bulb code.
Thanks for doing your own thing ... however the excel file on post#1 has all the codes into one single organized spreadsheet already.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:19 AM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
calforhelp, LH_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ should be set to nicht_aktiv

Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O
thanks TRIPLE_O
please follow the spreadsheet ... its all there and most ppl tried those code.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 PM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
How did that work out for you ??

Hello GTECKO,

Efficient Dynamics Shifting Indicator has been working well. It is active all the time. PLease see below screen shot for reference. IT will suggest shifting up always, but once in a while it will suggest downshift (ie. going up an incline)

Name:  20120816_185539.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
Hello all,

I have this problem where my computer is not able to communicate with RAD module, and I have this error (see below) , does anyone know what is wrong?

Using Datens v45, windows xp sp3.

Thanks in advance.

Name:  daaaradnotwork-1.jpg
Views: 1604
Size:  35.9 KB

Last edited by wai_jai268; 09-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Is your car manual or automatic?
When do you get this error? Reading,writting?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 PM
calforhelp
5th Gear
Thanks for doing your own thing ... however the excel file on post#1 has all the codes into one single organized spreadsheet already.
True, there were a few things missing the last time I looked at it. I just made it for myself, found it a little easier to follow, and am posting it in case others find it easier too.

Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O
Thanks! I've added more codes to my list and determined what more of the bulb codes correspond to so I'll update the picture in a little while.

Hello GTECKO,

Efficient Dynamics Shifting Indicator has been working well. It is active all the time. PLease see below screen shot for reference. IT will suggest shifting up always, but once in a while it will suggest downshift (ie. going up an incline.
Does the shifting indicator work with sport mode on? I can see the up and down arrows but it never tells me when to shift. It'd be cool if it told you the optimum time to shift to maximize power output with the sport mode on.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 AM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
Is your car manual or automatic?
When do you get this error? Reading,writting?
My car is manual. Get this error when I read the RAD module. I can't write on this module as it will give me an error as well.

Do you think it has to do with the version of programs I am using?

Thank you

Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 AM
husr
1st Gear
I have a quick question about this software. i have a R53, 2002 mcs and i replaced my heater control unit that used the bowden cables to the newer digital button display. i also replaced the heater unit behind the dash because it had those little servo motors that worked with my new display. is this software something that can help me turn on this a/c display unit? after i have plugged everything in the display wont work, no heat or a/c, the lights wont even turn on when i turn on my headlights. thanks in advance guys!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Hello all,

I have this problem where my computer is not able to communicate with RAD module, and I have this error (see below) , does anyone know what is wrong?

Using Datens v45, windows xp sp3.

Thanks in advance.

Is the ignition on and engine off?
Which cable are you using?
Version of NCS Expert?
Version of Ediabas?
Can you access all other modules without issues?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM
wai_jai268
1st Gear
True, there were a few things missing the last time I looked at it. I just made it for myself, found it a little easier to follow, and am posting it in case others find it easier too.

Thanks! I've added more codes to my list and determined what more of the bulb codes correspond to so I'll update the picture in a little while.

Does the shifting indicator work with sport mode on? I can see the up and down arrows but it never tells me when to shift. It'd be cool if it told you the optimum time to shift to maximize power output with the sport mode on.

Hello, unfortunately, I don't have sport mode. I am planning to add it by using NCS but I don't have luck programming RAD module. I think efficient dynamics is for fuel saving only, not maximize power output...

Old 09-09-2012, 04:53 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by husr
I have a quick question about this software. i have a R53, 2002 mcs and i replaced my heater control unit that used the bowden cables to the newer digital button display. i also replaced the heater unit behind the dash because it had those little servo motors that worked with my new display. is this software something that can help me turn on this a/c display unit? after i have plugged everything in the display wont work, no heat or a/c, the lights wont even turn on when i turn on my headlights. thanks in advance guys!
I am not sure if this is the right thread though ...sorry man, no idea.

a few things missing ? When Im checking your screenshot, I do not see anything different, apart from the error on the fog light on code. Anyway, thanks for the iniative, its good you did it for your self, however there is more than 700 ppl following the spreadsheet, I cant have someone throwing wrong codes on this thread. Hope you understand that. If you do have anything new, let me know and I ll add it.

@wai_jai268 , TRIPLE_O askd some good question that will potentially help us find a solution for you.
Iam trying to code the Efficient Dynamics Shifting Indicator tomorrow as Iam off
was wondering why it shows 6 gear and you doing 66 km/h humm ?
as for seeing in the VO, maybe Strobeyprobey knows he's good like that

Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM
calforhelp
5th Gear
A few things missing ? When Im checking your screenshot, I do not see anything different, apart from the error on the fog light on code. Anyway, thanks for the iniative, its good you did it for your self, however there is more than 700 ppl following the spreadsheet, I cant have someone throwing wrong codes on this thread. Hope you understand that. If you do have anything new, let me know and I ll add it.
Check again, you'll see quite a few things missing. Welcome Light mods, far more bulb checks that are labeled, mood lighting cycle speed, and a few other little things. Also not everything on your spreadsheet is complete, some are missing wether to set the line to aktiv or nicht_aktiv.

Yes, there was one mistake but that's less errors than the other database. With 700+ people having full R/W access to something, it's bound to get screwed up, they can't however screwup a JPEG. Any problems aren't your fault, it's just what comes with that many people having free access to something. I appreciate the work you put in, it's what enabled me to get my system up and running.

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)