Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P5ycH0
Hi all,

I've been able to program close windows/roof with the FOB, but I get an error when trying to read the ABG module. The error is COAPI-2021.
I am using Datens v45.

Does anybody know what needs to be done in order to read & write to the ABG module?

My car is a R56 factory Works 2008.
Which cable are you using? It may be a pin issue. I have 2 cables (one for 2007 and earlier vehicles and one for 2007.5+ vehicles, etc). I coded a 2007 R56 with my early model cable and was able to code some things but once I used the late model cable I was able to code all modules.

You should be using the V45 datens and Ediabas 7.2.0 with the late model cable and you should be all set.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Sylver
Neutral
wow I found this a few days ago trough a friend, and I have to say, great job in putting this all together and sharing it all of us, now I can finally close my windows with the remote!!
Can't wait to see what else I can change with this.

Thanks

Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 AM
jalvani
1st Gear
Requested like a week ago. Do I need to request again?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Was on vacation in Mexico and forgot about internet
All requests are up to date, sorry for the delays, needed some R&R

Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM
jalvani
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GTECKO
Was on vacation in Mexico and forgot about internet
All requests are up to date, sorry for the delays, needed some R&R
Unacceptable.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 PM
jalvani
1st Gear
Can someone help me figure out what I've missed? I'm trying to enable the rear fogs in my '12 MCS, and I can't for the life of me figure out where the VehicleOrder module is.

Edit: Nevermind. I searched like I should have done, and found it covered earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, I've run into another issue where reading the FRM throws the following errors:

VIN Is Faulty
COAPI-2000: EDIABAS or SGBD Error
BIP-0009: Faulty BEST version or descriptor file
Anyone recognize those? It's a '12 MCS.

Last edited by jalvani; 07-09-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: New info.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jalvani
Nevermind. I searched like I should have done, and found it covered earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, I've run into another issue where reading the FRM throws the following errors:

Quote:
VIN Is Faulty
COAPI-2000: EDIABAS or SGBD Error
BIP-0009: Faulty BEST version or descriptor file
Is it the first time you reading it ? Are you not trying to write on the module ?
there are two FRM module...one cannot be access...

Originally Posted by jalvani
Unacceptable.
Are you serious ? You got access before I left ... what is wrong with ppl these days.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
jalvani
1st Gear
Is it the first time you reading it ? Are you not trying to write on the module ?
there are two FRM module...one cannot be access...
It is the first time I'm reading it, and I will be trying to write to it. Do you have some more info about the two FRM modules?

Are you serious ? You got access before I left ... what is wrong with ppl these days.
Totally not serious, don't worry! Dry sense of humor doesn't translate well. Thanks for being a kickass dude and putting all this together for us!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 PM
mini_stig
2nd Gear
hi, i was sent to this thread after doing some research..

i am looking to have my driving/rally lights come on independently of the high beams.

do you guys know if its something that can be recoded w/ NCS? the shop i took it to said it has to be computer coded and the dealer i asked said it is something that can only be rewired by an independent shop since it will no longer be DOT approved

Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 AM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
Stig,
I'm 99% sure that the answer is no for coding because it's a hardwired solution. To be "legal", auxillary driving lights can only be turned on when the highbeams are turned on. To do that, the power for the relay comes from the high beam circuit.

When the lights are installed by the dealer, they've got to comply with the rules so they connect them in that manner.

Most people installing either OEM or aftermarket lights themselves don't bother with that arrangement.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
mziol
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini_stig
hi, i was sent to this thread after doing some research..

i am looking to have my driving/rally lights come on independently of the high beams.

do you guys know if its something that can be recoded w/ NCS? the shop i took it to said it has to be computer coded and the dealer i asked said it is something that can only be rewired by an independent shop since it will no longer be DOT approved
I'm interested in this as well. I agree that it's a hardwired thing after seeing some posts on NAM before. If there was a way to by-pass this it would be ideal. So I would say no you can't, but if anyone can chime in with some magical news that you can it would be great

Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
mini_stig
2nd Gear
i think it is certainly "doable" - if you read the MINIUSA PDF instructions on installing the rally lights, it states "The additional headlights now come on automatically with the headlight main beam or the headlamp flasher."

Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
I agree, I think it is doable ... Cant try anything as I don't have those driving lights :(
Send me yours and I ll try haha
Please let me know and I ll update the spreadsheet on that.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
mziol
2nd Gear
I agree, I think it is doable ... Cant try anything as I don't have those driving lights :(
Send me yours and I ll try haha
Please let me know and I ll update the spreadsheet on that.
Will do. Matter of fact, can we make an R53 column or page on the spreadsheet? I was sad to see that there wasn't one when I started coding my R53, but having now gotten the onboard computer to work as well as auto up on the drivers side, adjusted the flashing count when locking/unlocking, as well as a few other small things, I'd love to add what I've found to a list for other fellow NAMers!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM
pa.now
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Requested and waiting~~~

Old 07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
mziol
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pa.now
Requested and waiting~~~

I'm going to wait for GTECKO's approval first.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mziol
I'm going to wait for GTECKO's approval first.
Requests were granted.
As for the R53 column, not to be a douche, but its a 2nd generation thread, I never thought of the R53...
I am not too sure what the population of who uses NCS expert on R53, I coudldnt be able to support there questions and stuff; especially if they post on my thread.
Plus there is a chassis issue, the module code might not be the same I like the fact you tried and it worked, I saw you created your thread on the 1st Generation side I think its best if you steer ppl in right direction with your finding. Let me know

Old 07-29-2012, 04:04 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Requests were granted.
As for the R53 column, not to be a douche, but its a 2nd generation thread, I never thought of the R53...
I am not too sure what the population of who uses NCS expert on R53, I coudldnt be able to support there questions and stuff; especially if they post on my thread.
Plus there is a chassis issue, the module code might not be the same I like the fact you tried and it worked, I saw you created your thread on the 1st Generation side I think its best if you steer ppl in right direction with your finding. Let me know
Agreed. It may be more beneficial to start a new spreadsheet and steer people towards that. I can tell you that there are many users out there coding R53's and there are threads related specifically to that chassis.

Let me know if you would like some assistance with adding features on there (if you do make one).

Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Roca68
2nd Gear
Does anyone know if The R56 base Classic's have the same computer options as a regular Mini Cooper and they are just turned off? For example the range, average fuel economy and the instant fuel economy are missing in my cooper classic. Can I enable them with NCSExpert?

Still waiting on my cable. Ugh.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Roca68
2nd Gear
Success with the following on my '09 Justa Classic!

Close Windows from Fob
Auto Door Unlock
Disable Speed Overestimation
Enable Alarm System Light

So far so good. Only a few more things I'd like to do.

Is there any way to get a list of all the Mini SA and Service Codes? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Roca68
2nd Gear
Went into my car to take a look at the CID and CCC modules but they were not listed. Are they supposed to be there on Mini's?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Roca68
2nd Gear
Recoded my VO to add $550 (OBC) and it seemed to work okay but as I was defaulting each module I got an error on the DSC module and now I have the "Service" notification. For the error report in INPA I have the following:

ADR Gen. name JobStatus
92 VIRTSG92 ERROR_ECU_SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED

Help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Paul Gerhardt
Neutral
Am working on GTECKO Beginner's Guide. Tried the cable and it read the VIN however CAS was not on the drop down on Step 5 of page 2 "Reading/Writing"
The R50 drop down shows EWS and KMB
The R56 drop down shows CAS and FRM

I chose EWS and eventually found the ABG module.

I have Daten 38 and it did not have the Laden.bat file in it so I probably do not have the software loaded correctly yet.
Car is a '05 R50
Am attempting to resolve Passenger Airbag light by disabling OC3_1 and OC3_2 in the ABG Module and unplugging the seat mat sensor as suggested elsewhere in this forum.
Also asked for access to the spreadsheet.

Was later able to change the ABG OC3_1 and 2, unplugged the seat sensor and not the overhead passenger light is off but SRS light on speedo is still on.
Have not cleared the codes yet as INPA not configured properly yet.

I used this $27 cable which also came with software but I used this thread and did a lot of reading.

http://www.greebid.com/wholesale/bmw...k-can-552.html

Last edited by Paul Gerhardt; 08-08-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: update info on drop down
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM
absoluteczech
4th Gear
Hi,

Is there a list of everything that can be done with NCSExpert? I tried searching the thread, but only found what people did do.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear

ok... how what is wrong with that ? pretty much what everything ppl tried (on the spreadsheet PAGE 1; POST 1) is what you would do to your car.
If you need anything and cant find us, post it, probably someone tried it out and hasnt posted it.

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)