Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see what you're looking at, sorry, that's for the dyno. We've had stage 2 maps for quite some time now, but we don't have a dyno sheet for it.

This is our legend for maps currently available.

This can be found on our website in the "personalized mapping" link.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Well, just got mine from Alta, installed just fine on my 08 MCSa. It figures that today in Buffalo it is 33 out and raining, so I cant comment too much on performance. Started like normal, idle is stable. Funny thing though, I never remember spinning the tires at 60 when I stomp on it...........

PS. Now I see some guy has one for 575 in the Market. Oh well, my MINI liked its christmas gift.

Mike

Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
///Mflossin
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Normally I wouldn't recommend running the stage 2 map with the Akrapovic downpipe. Send me some data logs running that for me to double check. I will have to check it to make sure the car is running correctly, or it's going to give you problems down the road.
Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to check this out for me. I have sent some files to you. Let me know what you think.

JGJR

Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
I just purchased an Alta Accessport off a forum member. I am sure this has been asked before but bear with me for not having time to go through 93 pages. I have a 2011 JCW. How do I get the tune for this? Also, I was reading in the begining of this thread about the possiblility of having the sport button do things. Is there a tune that keeps the car stock until you push thesport button?

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Hello, the AccessPORT will have maps preloaded. If the AccessPORT hasn't been updated in a long time, you will want to do an update using the AccessPORT Manager to get the newest firmware. You can find the AccessPORT Manager here.

We were thinking of doing some things with the sport button, right now, the sport button does similar things as it does with the stock tune. If you are looking for a map that turns on our map with the sport button, we can do that, but we would have to charge you for it. PM me for more info.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Hello, the AccessPORT will have maps preloaded. If the AccessPORT hasn't been updated in a long time, you will want to do an update using the AccessPORT Manager to get the newest firmware. You can find the AccessPORT Manager here.

We were thinking of doing some things with the sport button, right now, the sport button does similar things as it does with the stock tune. If you are looking for a map that turns on our map with the sport button, we can do that, but we would have to charge you for it. PM me for more info.

I got the used AccessPORT today. I downloaded the newest firware into it and took it out to my 2011 JCW. When I hook it up it says my car is not suported.

Name:  42e7bd02.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  23.1 KB

What now?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:41 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
In the AP Manager, go to the options tab, and select 'check for beta firmware'. This is the first reply that you will get back from Alta, I have seen it 5 or 6 times in this thread, and it was the reply that I got this week when I had a concern or two with my AP. My AP was new and 'up to date', but when I checked the beta box there was a fairly large update.

Considering that they are likely closed until Tuesday, why don't you try that and then see if that helps. It will just cost you a 1/2 hour, maybe it will do the trick.

Mike

Old 12-31-2011, 08:11 PM
jomama
4th Gear
EDIT: ooops, you have a jcw.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbwicz
In the AP Manager, go to the options tab, and select 'check for beta firmware'. This is the first reply that you will get back from Alta, I have seen it 5 or 6 times in this thread, and it was the reply that I got this week when I had a concern or two with my AP. My AP was new and 'up to date', but when I checked the beta box there was a fairly large update.

Considering that they are likely closed until Tuesday, why don't you try that and then see if that helps. It will just cost you a 1/2 hour, maybe it will do the trick.

Mike
You are awesome!!! That was it. Now I must wait till tomorrow to try out the tune. Thanks

Old 01-01-2012, 01:47 PM
praecurvo
3rd Gear
Too many pages of info here, so in relation to the top of this page's post, when can we expect a 2011 MCS tune?
aaron

Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by praecurvo
Too many pages of info here, so in relation to the top of this page's post, when can we expect a 2011 MCS tune?
aaron
After reading though I cam tell you their in NO ETA for the 2011+ MCS tune

Old 01-01-2012, 05:13 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Spice Orange JCW
I got the used AccessPORT today. I downloaded the newest firware into it and took it out to my 2011 JCW. When I hook it up it says my car is not suported.

What now?
As the other guy said, beta update is the way to go for situations like this. We have a few more ECUs in there that will be in the normal update soon, and it sounds like it works, so that's good to hear.

Originally Posted by praecurvo
aaron
We don't have an ETA unfortunately, but we are working on it. When it is ready, we will let the world know.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:04 AM
SOCRATES
3rd Gear
Chris,

I have an Accessport that I used on my previous 2009 JCW. I just purchased a 2012 JCW Coupe. Will the Accessport work on my 2012 Coupe?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Easy, No.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM
old81
M6
@Socrates, I believe your 2012 JCW Coupe has the N14 engine, if so the AP should work. Someone from ALTA should confirm, but I believe you are good.

Only caveat would be if on the 2012 N14 engine, they have updated the ECU to a new revision that ALTA has not had the chance to configure.

Don

Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
All I can say abot my 11 JCW with the Stage 1 92 Octane tune is WOW!! It is a beast. Now I just wish I could get the power to the ground. It second gear you can be cruising and floor it and it just spins the tires. I got it out of winter storage to try it out yesterday. Now in spring I will get in touch with ALTA to make a tune for me that makes it stock until the sport button is pressed.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dang it I keep forgetting that the JCW still have the N14...

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SOCRATES
Chris,

I have an Accessport that I used on my previous 2009 JCW. I just purchased a 2012 JCW Coupe. Will the Accessport work on my 2012 Coupe?
That car will have the new version MCS engine, so the AP will work as soon as we get it working with the 2011+ MCSs.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 AM
SOCRATES
3rd Gear
That car will have the new version MCS engine, so the AP will work as soon as we get it working with the 2011+ MCSs.
Groovy, I guess I'll hold onto it until the new tunes are released, in that case.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Grimnebulin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Spice Orange JCW
All I can say abot my 11 JCW with the Stage 1 92 Octane tune is WOW!! It is a beast. Now I just wish I could get the power to the ground. It second gear you can be cruising and floor it and it just spins the tires. I got it out of winter storage to try it out yesterday. Now in spring I will get in touch with ALTA to make a tune for me that makes it stock until the sport button is pressed.
+1. I asked before and they told me they could do it but I forgot to get back to them....

Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 AM
cosmosmpower
3rd Gear
We sold our 09 MCs and have our AP left. It was the best mod by far. Huge increase in power. PM me if interested, *end shameless plug*

Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
93 Octane Maps?

I see what you're looking at, sorry, that's for the dyno. We've had stage 2 maps for quite some time now, but we don't have a dyno sheet for it.

This is our legend for maps currently available.

This can be found on our website in the "personalized mapping" link.
I see the JCW Stage 1 92 Octane H910B.ptm map on my AP Manager, but I don't see any 93 Octane maps - we've got 93 Octane in Texas. Am I missing something?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Kfmuller,

You're right, we say 93 octane on the chart I posted, but the maps are actually made to work with 92 and 93 octane, and are labeled 92 octane in the AccessPORT. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
man i wish the maps worked for the 2011+ engines there are some great deals for the access port in the market place right now!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Jamesta2
1st Gear
AP Review - 09 Clubman

First let me just say that I have been thinking about making this upgrade for about 2 years now, but I wanted to wait it out and see how folks liked it over time. After reading many posts and having asked several questions, and receiving a surprise bonus, I decide to take the plunge and I'm very glad i did.

I received the Accessport about 4 weeks ago and shortly after driving it the first time, it was glaringly apparent that I needed to go ahead and replace my balding tires as traction was a problem especially in the wet. Flash forward about 2 weeks.

New tires installed, and with a dry patch of road I set off with Stage 1 and 92 Octane settings. Almost immediately I could tell a big difference. The car was a lot more responsive and kinda reminded me of a Chihuahua yanking against a leash; this car was raring to go!

I drove the car for about a week in Stage1, 92 and then swapped over to Stage 1, 92 and TPS. I gotta say that I much prefer the TPS maps especially in Atlanta traffic where stop and go is a real pain. The car is much more responsive, and smooth! Earlier on, one of my major concerns was that the car would be a problem in traffic, but it's so much easier that I would probably have paid a couple of hundred just for the improved throttle response alone. Honestly the car should have this kind of throttle response from the factor; the default factory response is just horrible in comparison.

Anyways.. enough gabbing.. here's a quick breakdown.

MPG
- As others have stated, the car will get worse mpg if you keep it up in the 4-6 k range very often, but if driven normally I'm seeing atleast as good as before.

Performance
- I can definitely feel the power increase, and like I said earlier, the power is evident across the range. I will say that non TPS Stage 1 feels more powerful, but i think that's just because of the delay and abruptness of power delivery, which again is still better than stock.

Usability/Convenience
- I think it took me about a minute to install the initial tune and that's including finding the secret plugin, hooking up etc. The interface is layed out very well. Changing tunes takes about half a minute? I haven't had time to play with some of the other features, but it's all very cool.

Product Build etc.
- The unit itself is very well made and comes with a usb adaptor and a car cpu cord. The packaging is all very nice and kinda reminds me of when I opened up my first Apple product.

All in all I'm very pleased with the Accessport and can't wait to get a FMIC installed.

Ping me if you have questions.

-James

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread