Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,135 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
If people are making fun of you because of the sound of your car, you should make fun of how slow their car is compared to your car with the extra power you have!
+1

waiting for '12

Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SMOG
Just record the "Pop & Burble" and play it back through you sound system
LOL HKS has an apt out to do this with BOV sounds.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Digitys
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want this for my 2012 s!

Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Digitys
I want this for my 2012 s!
Get in line

Old 12-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JDUR56
Can anyone PM me if they are willing to share a map for a 2008 MCS with the AP to get the burble back into my car so my wife who has a R53 with a Borla Race exhaust can stop making fun of me because my car does not pop and burble?
Just record the "Pop & Burble" and play it back through you sound system

Old 12-26-2011, 04:08 AM
SMOG
5th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@Tech Division
HKS!! I will have to check that out as a gift/"Party Favor", for our Clubs functions, for the R-56 folks. Thanks Mike

Old 12-26-2011, 07:17 AM
teamrubixcube
4th Gear
When I got my AP I didn't notice THAT much of a difference over stock. However, I just uninstalled it from the car because I have to take it in to the deanship and there was a very noticeable performance loss. Serious amounts of torque gained over stock

Old 12-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
HKS!! I will have to check that out as a gift/"Party Favor", for our Clubs functions, for the R-56 folks. Thanks Mike
LOL, wasn't HKS it turns out, but still funny.
http://iapps.emirbytes.com/iturbosound/index.html

Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM
///Mflossin
4th Gear
I am stiill driving around with a Stage I map and I feel like there could be a little more. I have a FMIC, Akrapovic DP with full JCW exhaust and I never run on anything less than 93. Do you guys have any sort of map that has a little more ooomph than the Stage I for my configuration? I also have an upgraded discharge tube from NM FWIW.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:31 AM
teamrubixcube
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ///Mflossin
I am stiill driving around with a Stage I map and I feel like there could be a little more. I have a FMIC, Akrapovic DP with full JCW exhaust and I never run on anything less than 93. Do you guys have any sort of map that has a little more ooomph than the Stage I for my configuration? I also have an upgraded discharge tube from NM FWIW.
With the upgraded FMIC and DP couldn't you be running stage 2 or 3? There's a Stage I FMIC map as well which will give you a bit more boost.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 AM
///Mflossin
4th Gear
Originally Posted by teamrubixcube
With the upgraded FMIC and DP couldn't you be running stage 2 or 3? There's a Stage I FMIC map as well which will give you a bit more boost.

I am running the FMIC Stage I map now and it's no slouch but I think there could be more on the table. The Akrapovic downpipe has a high flow cat and the JCW exhaust only has a resonator. There is no catalyst. I may try the stage II map and see how the car feels.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
I am running the FMIC Stage I map now and it's no slouch but I think there could be more on the table. The Akrapovic downpipe has a high flow cat and the JCW exhaust only has a resonator. There is no catalyst. I may try the stage II map and see how the car feels.
Yeah, your not making the most of the parts you have with the stage 1 map. The stage 2 should be adequate to handle what you have done.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
djdraddy
Banned
Still no Stage II map for Automatics??

Old 12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an auto and when I installed the AP it came up with stage I II and III.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 AM
///Mflossin
4th Gear
Yeah, your not making the most of the parts you have with the stage 1 map. The stage 2 should be adequate to handle what you have done.
Mike,
Hey...thanks for the response. That is what I have been thinking. Hey...when it comes to safe power I don't want to cut myself short. I am going to switch maps tonight and take a little ride.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:49 PM
djdraddy
Banned
Originally Posted by Sacred Disorder
I have an auto and when I installed the AP it came up with stage I II and III.
The website seems to state that Automatic Stage II is "coming soon". That has been the same since I can remember.

Alta/Cobb has never seemed to focus much effort on the automatic market. Also from what I've read here, the maps that exist so far seem to have a number of "issues" such as surging idle and some rather bad road manners.

Considering the miniscule market size to begin with, 07-10 R56,55,57. With anywhere from 25%-40% being automatics, you would figure that more attention would be payed to this segment! But no!

I must admit to being totally confused by all this!

Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 PM
///Mflossin
4th Gear
...and there is a difference. Car feels great. It's not astronomical from the Stage I FMIC map but there's a little bit more there which feels great! The quarter mile strip near my house I usually burn down...I'd hit about 85 before needing to apply the brakes and the Stage II, I comfortably hit close to around 100 before brake application. There is a noticeable difference in torque.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
I must say that other than the web site needing updated alta has been great. There are a few issues with the autos. I have spent alot of time on the phone and emailing data logs with them and must say that the customer support has been outstanding. I have testing somewhere in the range of 15 different maps trying to fix both idle issues and shifting issues. In the end I got a map that suites me Perfect and the car runs great. If you already have the ap try uninstalling it and checking for updates. If you don't have one yet buy it. You definitely won't regret it. If you have any questions about the ap on a MCS/MCCSA feel free to shoot me a pm or give alta a call I'm sure they would be more than happy to help.

-Brian

Old 12-26-2011, 04:26 PM
djdraddy
Banned
Originally Posted by Sacred Disorder
I must say that other than the web site needing updated alta has been great. There are a few issues with the autos. I have spent a lot of time on the phone and emailing data logs with them and must say that the customer support has been outstanding. I have testing somewhere in the range of 15 different maps trying to fix both idle issues and shifting issues. In the end I got a map that suites me Perfect and the car runs great. If you already have the ap try uninstalling it and checking for updates. If you don't have one yet buy it. You definitely won't regret it. If you have any questions about the ap on a MCS/MCCSA feel free to shoot me a pm or give alta a call I'm sure they would be more than happy to help.

-Brian
Thanks for your response, Brian. That sounds great for you, but you are confirming much of my reason for concern. You say you have spent quite a bit of time and effort working with ALTA to develop their product for Automatics and it seems they're getting there. I my case I really don't want to spend weeks of back and forth working the bugs out. I want to see a product that is ready to use with a Stage II/93 map that I would not need to go back and forth with to get it to work right.

I also notice that Chris_Alta who was so quick to respond to my posts he didn't like last week has nothing to say now. It is a Holiday for many so I'll give a few days.

BTW, did you receive any consideration for your work as a product development mule?

Thanks again, Happy Holidays,

Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Drobinson1692
4th Gear
does anyone else have a cold engine idle dip out and down? The rpms will go down to 600, jump to 1k and then go to 800 again. Sometimes when i'm coming to a complete stop i have a jump to 1400. any thoughts alta?
'09 JCW

Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by djdraddy
Thanks for your response, Brian. That sounds great for you, but you are confirming much of my reason for concern. You say you have spent quite a bit of time and effort working with ALTA to develop their product for Automatics and it seems they're getting there. I my case I really don't want to spend weeks of back and forth working the bugs out. I want to see a product that is ready to use with a Stage II/93 map that I would not need to go back and forth with to get it to work right.

I also notice that Chris_Alta who was so quick to respond to my posts he didn't like last week has nothing to say now. It is a Holiday for many so I'll give a few days.

BTW, did you receive any consideration for your work as a product development mule?

Thanks again, Happy Holidays,
As of now I think the maps are ready to go but I will let Alta answer that question. I got a map that in the end was designed specifically for my needs and wants. That is more than enough consideration for me. The good part about playing test mule is getting a custom tune for free. My suggestion would be to call and ask to talk to Jeff. Im sure he will get you the answers you are looking for.

Happy holidays to you as well!!

-Brian

Old 12-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I really need to do some data logging. I got some stuff on the tune that needs to be fixed.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:13 AM
dez
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Drobinson1692
does anyone else have a cold engine idle dip out and down? The rpms will go down to 600, jump to 1k and then go to 800 again. Sometimes when i'm coming to a complete stop i have a jump to 1400. any thoughts alta?
'09 JCW
I think that is a known issue with the JCW maps. Contact Chris@Alta and they should be able to give you a custom map that will help.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:38 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Sorry for the delay everyone, we were closed yesterday.

Check out the Greddy app! I've used that in my wife's car and it works!

Normally I wouldn't recommend running the stage 2 map with the Akrapovic downpipe. Send me some data logs running that for me to double check. I will have to check it to make sure the car is running correctly, or it's going to give you problems down the road.

Originally Posted by djdraddy
The website seems to state that Automatic Stage II is "coming soon". That has been the same since I can remember.

Alta/Cobb has never seemed to focus much effort on the automatic market. Also from what I've read here, the maps that exist so far seem to have a number of "issues" such as surging idle and some rather bad road manners.

Considering the miniscule market size to begin with, 07-10 R56,55,57. With anywhere from 25%-40% being automatics, you would figure that more attention would be payed to this segment! But no!

I must admit to being totally confused by all this!
Sorry again for the delay. Where are you seeing the coming soon message? The only places I've seen that mention it are saying that there is a map available. We are dedicated to our automatic customers, we have all stages of maps for the autos just like we do for the manual transmission cars. The autos are more tricky to tune than the manuals for sure, if anyone has any problems or questions with their maps, email me at maps@altaperformance.com.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 AM
djdraddy
Banned
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Sorry for the delay everyone, we were closed yesterday.

Check out the Greddy app! I've used that in my wife's car and it works!

Normally I wouldn't recommend running the stage 2 map with the Akrapovic downpipe. Send me some data logs running that for me to double check. I will have to check it to make sure the car is running correctly, or it's going to give you problems down the road.

Sorry again for the delay. Where are you seeing the coming soon message? The only places I've seen that mention it are saying that there is a map available. We are dedicated to our automatic customers, we have all stages of maps for the autos just like we do for the manual transmission cars. The autos are more tricky to tune than the manuals for sure, if anyone has any problems or questions with their maps, email me at maps@altaperformance.com.
I am referring to the AccessPort Product page "Proven Power" on your website describing the various "Stage" application maps that are available. Take a look here: http://www.altaperformance.com/pages/show/158

As you should see under the "Cooper S w/Auto" the Stage II says "Coming Soon".

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread