Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
jronnblom
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its common sense on forum that you try to keep the discussion focused on what the topic says. Otherwise how would you find any useful information?

Im here because Im interested in reading about the ALTA accessport not about whatever floats your boat.

Now, Chris what about some information about the 2011+ and the Accessport.

Do you think it will be possible to break the 2011+ before this summer?

-J

Old 12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
And here we go again. This thread will be taken down again because of pissing contests.

Look there are at least a dozen or more warranty threads. This is not a chatroom where whatever random topic you want to talk about you can. This is a forum where certain threads are for certain topics. Don't ike it tough move along.

Not tryinng to start another fight about it but the Accessport and any kind of tuning on the 2011+ has not been done yet. Patience, in due time you will have your tuning option. Lets calm down a little take a step back and let them figure it out. Asking every 5 posts is not going to make go any faster.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Ok and now im gonna ask a totally random question to get us back on topic>

Hey Chris even though the 2011+ have not been cracked yet can we all still buy the AP and Oww at its amazment until it gets cracked or would we be getting a new AP after the crack?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris

Originally Posted by yanks4285
Question, I have a 2011 MCS, can I purchase an AccessPort now and when the maps for the 2011 are ready be uploaded to the current AccessPort? or will the 2011's have a new handheld?
The AccessPORT for the 2011 car will use the same AccessPORT with updated software, so you will be good!
I believe this is the answer you are looking for .

Old 12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Ginvent
I believe this is the answer you are looking for .
Yeah I already knew the answer I just wanted to get back on subject lol

Old 12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
SMOG
5th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
Yeah I already knew the answer I just wanted to get back on subject lol
That was my understanding as well. The Accessport will work with the 2011+ after it is cracked, even though there is a new version of the AP coming out. The new version is a color version and that is apparently the only difference.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SMOG
That was my understanding as well. The Accessport will work with the 2011+ after it is cracked, even though there is a new version of the AP coming out. The new version is a color version and that is apparently the only difference.
Color version?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
SMOG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mike@Tech Division
Color version?
I spoke with Alta and they said that the Version 2, that is alluded to on Cobbs web site, that is or has come out has a color screen and that it is the only difference. Is that incorrect?

Old 12-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
I spoke with Alta and they said that the Version 2, that is alluded to on Cobbs web site, that is or has come out has a color screen and that it is the only difference. Is that incorrect?
Um not sure, I have not heard anything specificaly mentioning a change in the scean that is currently being used. The current one is in color, so either this is in referance to the old AP's that were BW and very calculator-esque or they are going ad more color to the current one. I'll check but I'm pretty sure it's referring to the current one over the original BW one.

Just for reference thisis the current AP used on all makes and models supported by Cobb

And this is the old one, long gone before the MINI AP was released.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Yeah sorry was distracted when I was reading/typing. Yeah version 2 is the newer one I posted and version 1 is the older one.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:23 AM
SMOG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mike@Tech Division
Yeah sorry was distracted when I was reading/typing. Yeah version 2 is the newer one I posted and version 1 is the older one.
Whew! I thought my mind was slipping! Apparently there was some confusion on the other end of the line when I communicated with Alta about what version I owned/purchased last December (a year ago). I bought the AP because Alta's web site indicated that the Tune for 2011+ MINI's would be available "About January 15, 2011".

I pointed out to them that after a year that sort of advertising was not looking very legal, so they changed their web site to read differently and not imply a date. Probably a good thing for them since they probably sold a bunch of AP's with that earlier implication, which means a bunch of people are stewing over what to do. The one I own looks like "Version 2" although the Firmware says Version 1........

I personally am willing to wait for a good Tune

Old 12-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Bravo Zulu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by djdraddy
I don't know where your 48,000 comes from.

Must be different Warranty periods because mine says 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever comes first, not 48,000.

The MINIUSA website says 4/50,000 also.

Well screw me for working off memory. But, I think the point wasn't the mileage but the years. And yet people are not mature enough to overlook a simple matter, since this is not a warranty thread. Trust me when I say I can not keep up with you geniuses and from now on will not.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
djdraddy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bravo Zulu

Maintenance free 3 years, Warranty 4 years; 48,000 miles.
BZ, You incorrectly "corrected" my post! Maybe in the future you shouldn't correct other peoples posts from your memory.

Move along, nothing worth anyone's time here!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Do you have to get a AP to get a RMW flash tune

Last edited by Achilles honor; 12-22-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Bravo Zulu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by djdraddy
BZ, You incorrectly "corrected" my post! Maybe in the future you shouldn't correct other peoples posts from your memory.

Move along, nothing worth anyone's time here!
Clearly nothing worth anyone's time, BUT you had to post anyway because you're that **** sure of yourself and never make mistakes -- wish I was that good. What about the common sense rule #2 of just personal respect. Don't post on this because I've unsubscribed from this BS. Bye.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear

*Repost cause people keep on trying to ruin this thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:12 AM
ALTAPerformance
Former Vendor

RMW is not an AP tuner. So the answer is no.

Depending on your modifications or goals a custom tune might not be worth it, just use the ALTA tunes that come with it.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 AM
SMOG
5th Gear

I do not believe that RMW works with the AP any longer. You might contact RMW directly to verify.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 AM
SMOG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ALTAPerformance
RMW is not an AP tuner. So the answer is no.

Depending on your modifications or goals a custom tune might not be worth it, just use the ALTA tunes that come with it.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Ok and now im gonna ask a totally random question to get us back on topic>

Hey Chris even though the 2011+ have not been cracked yet can we all still buy the AP and Oww at its amazment until it gets cracked or would we be getting a new AP after the crack?
As the other members posted, yes, it will be the same AccessPORT for the new cars when the tune is ready.

Whew! I thought my mind was slipping! Apparently there was some confusion on the other end of the line when I communicated with Alta about what version I owned/purchased last December (a year ago). I bought the AP because Alta's web site indicated that the Tune for 2011+ MINI's would be available "About January 15, 2011".

I pointed out to them that after a year that sort of advertising was not looking very legal, so they changed their web site to read differently and not imply a date. Probably a good thing for them since they probably sold a bunch of AP's with that earlier implication, which means a bunch of people are stewing over what to do. The one I own looks like "Version 2" although the Firmware says Version 1........

I personally am willing to wait for a good Tune

Sorry for the confusion, when we were emailing, I knew you were confused about the V1 AccessPORT and V2 AccessPORT, but I thought I made it clear that the AccessPORT you have is the current version.

I call every customer that purchases the AccessPORT from us, including you, so if there was some confusion about a 2011 MCS release date, they would be aware that that it has not been released yet and they will have to wait. I can't recall any other customers that have purchased the AP for the 2011 MCS, or at least ones that decided to keep it.

It has taken longer than expected for the compatibility, so we have agreed to take the AccessPORT back from you, but you decided to keep it. If you change your mind, let me know.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:37 AM
SMOG
5th Gear
As the other members posted, yes, it will be the same AccessPORT for the new cars when the tune is ready.

Sorry for the confusion, when we were emailing, I knew you were confused about the V1 AccessPORT and V2 AccessPORT, but I thought I made it clear that the AccessPORT you have is the current version.

I call every customer that purchases the AccessPORT from us, including you, so if there was some confusion about a 2011 MCS release date, they would be aware that that it has not been released yet and they will have to wait. I can't recall any other customers that have purchased the AP for the 2011 MCS, or at least ones that decided to keep it.

It has taken longer than expected for the compatibility, so we have agreed to take the AccessPORT back from you, but you decided to keep it. If you change your mind, let me know.

Hey!

No problem Chris. I was just trying to explain to others that might not have asked as many question as I have asked

Keep up the good work

Old 12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
GP0256
5th Gear
Can anyone PM me if they are willing to share a map for a 2008 MCS with the AP to get the burble back into my car so my wife who has a R53 with a Borla Race exhaust can stop making fun of me because my car does not pop and burble?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JDUR56
Can anyone PM me if they are willing to share a map for a 2008 MCS with the AP to get the burble back into my car so my wife who has a R53 with a Borla Race exhaust can stop making fun of me because my car does not pop and burble?
my understanding that does not exist

Old 12-23-2011, 08:10 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JDUR56

If people are making fun of you because of the sound of your car, you should make fun of how slow their car is compared to your car with the extra power you have!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 AM
SMOG
5th Gear
If people are making fun of you because of the sound of your car, you should make fun of how slow their car is compared to your car with the extra power you have!
Just record the "Pop & Burble" and play it back through you sound system

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread