3rd Gen FAQs 3rd Gen Common Questions & Answers!

Bimmercode App

  #251  
Old 06-18-2019, 06:55 AM
Agraz400
Agraz400 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie View Post
You should be able to restore from your backup, granted if you coded something after it saved your stock setup it will have been overwritten
That's part of the issue I have. The previous coding that was done to get the UJ lights working was with the old phone. We thought everything was good but did not think to drive it to test that no errors set while the car was in motion. Since the lights operated ok, we left them in for the week until we could mess with the coding again... in that week, a new phone was delivered and the old one wiped clean and shipped off. So the oldest saved backup should in theory be the last code that got the UJ lights working but with the error when braking. Codemycar tried getting the UJ working after I couldn't figure it out originally, but we ran out of time to test things since the usual program code he uses didn't work for this car. He said he can flash it back to stock so we should at least be good after that... then I'll make sure to save and export a copy of the stock code before we mess with it again.
 
  #252  
Old 07-03-2019, 09:00 AM
José Manuel Pino
José Manuel Pino is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I have an automatic S LCI cooper. I am trying to code the jcw tachometer, following the instructions for bimmercode but I can not get it to work.


can you help me?

Thank you!!
 
  #253  
Old 07-03-2019, 12:05 PM
JosephM635
JosephM635 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by José Manuel Pino View Post
Hi, I have an automatic S LCI cooper. I am trying to code the jcw tachometer, following the instructions for bimmercode but I can not get it to work.


can you help me?

Thank you!!

JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then:

KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Did you go into the HUD settings on your center display and select the tach "ON" after coding it? I also remember I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

Cheers!

-Joseph
 

Last edited by JosephM635; 07-03-2019 at 12:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
José Manuel Pino (07-03-2019)
  #254  
Old 07-04-2019, 06:34 PM
sbreech
sbreech is online now
1st Gear
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 29
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can this be done with the Carly app?
 
  #255  
Old 07-05-2019, 04:04 AM
José Manuel Pino
José Manuel Pino is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it works, the coding has gone well.
I needed to activate the option in the head up display menu.

thank you!!!
 
  #256  
Old 07-13-2019, 02:56 PM
emulajavi
emulajavi is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JosephM635 View Post
JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then:

KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Did you go into the HUD settings on your center display and select the tach "ON" after coding it? I also remember I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

Cheers!

-Joseph

Hi. If the JCW Tach checkbox (Sport Displays I think is called) is ON in the HUD settings of iDrive.... and you use the NAV nothing NAV related is shown on the HUD. You can change Multimedia things, make calls, etc and all that appears on the HUD.... but nothing related to Navigation.

To have the arrows, directions etc shown you have to untick the Sports Display checkbox.

Is there a way (which btw should be the default..not the nonsense mess BMW has done) to keep the JCW Tach always displaying and NAV related things appearing as needed (like multimedia, phone, car messages, etc) ??

Thanks!
 
  #257  
Old 07-13-2019, 07:12 PM
JosephM635
JosephM635 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by emulajavi View Post
Is there a way (which btw should be the default..not the nonsense mess BMW has done) to keep the JCW Tach always displaying and NAV related things appearing as needed (like multimedia, phone, car messages, etc) ??

Thanks!
emulajavi,

No one, to my knowledge, has found a way to have both in the HUD at the same time. Or having it switch back and forth as needed. Without doing it manually.

Cheers!

-Joseph
 
The following users liked this post:
emulajavi (07-14-2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.