Bimmercode App - Page 4 - North American Motoring

3rd Gen FAQs 3rd Gen Common Questions & Answers!

Bimmercode App

Reply

 
 
 
  #76  
Old 03-17-2018, 03:59 PM
TVPostSound
TVPostSound is offline
6th Gear
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 1,393
Thanked 111 Times in 102 Posts
I would rule out the interface first.

Using an iPhone, I use the ICar2 on Wifi.
And turn off all bluetooth on the car and phone.
 

Last edited by TVPostSound; 03-17-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-17-2018, 06:35 PM
spotted
spotted is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 46
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spotted View Post
I tried to code the rear fog lights and got them to work. (in expert mode)

Then I tried under 'Air Conditioning' to 'remember last settings'. (in standard mode)
Now I can't turn off the air conditioning. I can raise it but not turn it off. It also keeps the rear defroster on but it keeps blinking. And the auto start/off doesn't activate on stopping. The light works but not the function.

I tried to restore but get an error. I just get a red light on the app next to air conditioning.

I also disconnected the battery but it didn't effect anything.

I email their customer support so waiting on a response.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I can't hard code it anymore since my laptops (mac&win) stopped connecting to my car.
Did a scan on my to see if any codes were thrown and I got some back. Didn't find anything online. And I email bimmercode. I cleared them and waiting till I hit a 100 miles since clearing to rescan.

2 Gearbox Controller Trouble Codes:
• CF2001: Status: History - Message (Clamps, 0x12F): Message lost; Transmitter: BDC, Receiver: TCM
• CF2011: Status: History - Message (STAT DS VRFD, 0x1E1): Message lost; Transmitter: BDC, Receiver:
TCM
2 Dynamic Stability Control Trouble Codes:
• D354F9: Status: History - message error (Clamp, ID: KLEMMEN) - Check Sum
• 48083B: Status: History - peripheral/functional error interface QDM curent steering angle front axle signal
temporary invalid
2 Instrument Cluster Trouble Codes:
• B7F668: Status: History - Instrument cluster: System time has been reset
• E114A6: Status: History - Message (Status brightness environment, 0x2A5) missing, receiver instrument
cluster, sender FEM/BDC

1 Radio Trouble Codes:
• E1C440: Status: History - Check report for description.
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-20-2018, 03:13 PM
AnOldBiker
AnOldBiker is offline
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 980
Thanked 138 Times in 134 Posts
I've read until I started going crosseyed. I need some input please.

I have a 2017 Countryman All4:
I've changed every light in the front to LED and used the BimmerCode and all is perfect.
I've changed the rear backup light and all is fine.
I've changed the tail lights and stop lights to LED and get the warning on the dash, but the lights work perfect.

The bulbs I put in were the red LED's and they have a 130ma's. So I replaced them to the white LED's that have a miliamp reting of 230. Still the warnings.

I've email BimmerCode and ask if they knew how to code past this and they said:
Hi Jim,
you may be able to fix this with the app using expert mode, but I do not know the exact coding values required in this case honestly.

Schöne Grüße / Kind regards
Stephan Gauch

BimmerCode App
Stephan Gauch · Siemensstraße 7 · 72116 Mössingen





Do any of you have any ideas what has to be done to use the LED's in the back without the dash warnings ?
 
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-26-2018, 08:43 AM
kfmuller
kfmuller is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 435
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
I've read until I started going crosseyed. I need some input please.

I have a 2017 Countryman All4:
I've changed every light in the front to LED and used the BimmerCode and all is perfect.
I've changed the rear backup light and all is fine.
I've changed the tail lights and stop lights to LED and get the warning on the dash, but the lights work perfect.

The bulbs I put in were the red LED's and they have a 130ma's. So I replaced them to the white LED's that have a miliamp reting of 230. Still the warnings.

I've email BimmerCode and ask if they knew how to code past this and they said:
Hi Jim,
you may be able to fix this with the app using expert mode, but I do not know the exact coding values required in this case honestly.

Schöne Grüße / Kind regards
Stephan Gauch

BimmerCode App
Stephan Gauch · Siemensstraße 7 · 72116 Mössingen





Do any of you have any ideas what has to be done to use the LED's in the back without the dash warnings ?

Looking forward to the answer for this one. I'm thinking about ordering the Union Jack rear tail lights, and apparently, you get the same warning because of the LED.

Also, does anyone know if you can clear codes with BimmerCode - or do you need to buy BimmerLink, too?
 
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Mini_Vinnie's Avatar
Mini_Vinnie
Mini_Vinnie is offline
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,180
Thanked 142 Times in 124 Posts
Originally Posted by kfmuller View Post
Also, does anyone know if you can clear codes with BimmerCode - or do you need to buy BimmerLink, too?
Nope, no code clearing, just coding.

I use OBD Fusion for that
 
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-02-2018, 01:03 PM
jjmet
jjmet is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone figure out the seat belt chimes yet?
 
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Mini_Vinnie's Avatar
Mini_Vinnie
Mini_Vinnie is offline
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,180
Thanked 142 Times in 124 Posts
Originally Posted by jjmet View Post
Anyone figure out the seat belt chimes yet?
The option to finally disable it is back since the newest app update.

I coded it off but noticed that when the car is on, lets say driving, and you unclip, you get 3-4 dings then thats it. Its not constant.

I think the light stays on too. Its all minor though
 
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-02-2018, 01:40 PM
jjmet
jjmet is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjmet View Post
Anyone figure out the seat belt chimes yet?
Well they say patients is a virtue. Turns if one waits long enough the module loads and gives you the chance to make changes. Bimmercodes mods done so far,
1. Seat Belts Chimes disabled
2. Starts in Sport Mode
3. Rear Fog Lights work as brake lights
4. Fog Lights on with Hi-beams
5. Legal notice gone on startup
6. Door handle leds light when in reverse
7. All windows close with key fob and comfort door button
Wow didn't know I did that many. Great program and well worth the money.
 
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Mini_Vinnie's Avatar
Mini_Vinnie
Mini_Vinnie is offline
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,180
Thanked 142 Times in 124 Posts
Any idea of what coding parameters were added with the newest update, 4/10?

I hate that it doest say
 
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Loonysup
Loonysup is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Oh no- lost all programming

I took my 18 Clubman in today for its first service. I also had them re-code the barn doors so they wouldn’t open as easily so I figured I would lose everything. What I wasn’t expecting was that none of my coding options would be available in BimmerCode. Here is what my screen looks like now. Has anyone else seen this?

 
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Mini_Vinnie's Avatar
Mini_Vinnie
Mini_Vinnie is offline
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,180
Thanked 142 Times in 124 Posts
Yep, looks normal to me. What are you concerned about?
 
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Loonysup
Loonysup is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sorry, should have been more specific. For the items with a gray dot (namely BDC and Kombi) when you go in to them, it says no coding available and there is no expert mode button.
 
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:29 PM
NBCGLX
NBCGLX is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 95
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Perhaps they did an update on your car and it's not yet compatible with the latest version of Bimmercode?
 
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-17-2018, 06:53 AM
Mini_Vinnie's Avatar
Mini_Vinnie
Mini_Vinnie is offline
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,180
Thanked 142 Times in 124 Posts
Originally Posted by NBCGLX View Post
Perhaps they did an update on your car and it's not yet compatible with the latest version of Bimmercode?
Yep, correct. I had the same thing after an update and emailed BimmerCode. Basically it something that isnt active (yet) in the app

It frustrating because the old update the part I wanted to code was active and after the update it was gone. I dont understand how things change.
 
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-17-2018, 09:22 AM
Loonysup
Loonysup is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I sent a note to Stephan from Bimmercode and he responded immediately. There have been recent changes in the coding and he expects to have a new version out within two weeks.

On a side note, if you are on the fence about buying this app and an adapter, please do not hesitate to do so. After losing everything I had coded, it's miserable not having the car set up the way I had it. Namely, I hate not having the JCW tach and gear selection in the heads up display, the rear fogs acting as break lights, the car starting in sport mode automatically, etc etc.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loonysup For This Useful Post:
NBCGLX (04-17-2018)
  #91  
Old 04-27-2018, 02:35 PM
I Am Hobbes's Avatar
I Am Hobbes
I Am Hobbes is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Curse you, BMW!

Bad news, y'all. After updating to the latest software on my 2015 F56 last week, I successfully recoded all my bimmercode mods...except one. No matter what I tried, I couldn't increase the blinker from 3 to 5 flashes. I emailed Stephan to see what I was doing wrong. He replied that BMW has now restricted the flashes to 3 max. What are they thinking? That's the top mod on my list. Does anybody know why BMW would do this or how we could encourage them to remove the restriction?
 
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-29-2018, 04:15 PM
JosephM635
JosephM635 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bimmercode App with Android

I have an android and have been playing with the Bimmercode App. I've been looking in expertmode for a few things I want to code and can't find them. Specifically to code the rearfogs as breaklamps. Are there things missing on the Android App? I can't find this:

Activate Rear Fog Lights:
3068 NSL_Verbaut = Verbaut

for example. Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

-Joseph
 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-29-2018, 04:21 PM
Loonysup
Loonysup is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JosephM635 View Post
I have an android and have been playing with the Bimmercode App. I've been looking in expertmode for a few things I want to code and can't find them. Specifically to code the rearfogs as breaklamps. Are there things missing on the Android App? I can't find this:

Activate Rear Fog Lights:
3068 NSL_Verbaut = Verbaut

for example. Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

-Joseph
Joseph,

All you have to do is the following for the brake lights. Just had to redo mine after a service visit:

Rear Fogs as Brake Lights:

BDC_BODY
3065 LceLampMapping4, ED
Funktionen
MAPPING_BREMSL_2_L_OUTPUT
Switch to this
nsl_l (this is the rear fog light choice)

You need to do this for right and left. Above is for left,
For RHS just change the l to r

MAPPING_BREMSL_2_R_OUTPUT
nsl_r
 
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-29-2018, 04:23 PM
JosephM635
JosephM635 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Loonysup View Post
I sent a note to Stephan from Bimmercode and he responded immediately. There have been recent changes in the coding and he expects to have a new version out within two weeks.

On a side note, if you are on the fence about buying this app and an adapter, please do not hesitate to do so. After losing everything I had coded, it's miserable not having the car set up the way I had it. Namely, I hate not having the JCW tach and gear selection in the heads up display, the rear fogs acting as break lights, the car starting in sport mode automatically, etc etc.
What are the codes for the JCW tach and gear selection in the HUD? Where do I find them in the App? Much appreciated.

-Joseph
 
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-29-2018, 04:25 PM
JosephM635
JosephM635 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Loonysup View Post

Joseph,

All you have to do is the following for the brake lights. Just had to redo mine after a service visit:

Rear Fogs as Brake Lights:

BDC_BODY
3065 LceLampMapping4, ED
Funktionen
MAPPING_BREMSL_2_L_OUTPUT
Switch to this
nsl_l (this is the rear fog light choice)

You need to do this for right and left. Above is for left,
For RHS just change the l to r

MAPPING_BREMSL_2_R_OUTPUT
nsl_r
I can't find BDC_BODY in my App. Is it because it's an Android?

EDIT: FOUND IT! It's under BDC_01

Thank you for your help, Loonysup!

Now, how about those codes for the gear selection in the HUD? 😁
 

Last edited by JosephM635; 04-29-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-30-2018, 03:08 PM
JosephM635
JosephM635 is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD


I can confirm that this coding works for the:

JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then
KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code


So Cool!

I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.


 

Last edited by JosephM635; 04-30-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JosephM635 For This Useful Post:
vetsvette (04-30-2018)
  #97  
Old 05-02-2018, 06:49 PM
TVPostSound
TVPostSound is offline
6th Gear
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 1,393
Thanked 111 Times in 102 Posts
3060
WB_GB_ENABLE set to aktiv

Will turn on your hazard lights during panic ABS full stop.
They will turn off once moving again!!

Other parameters regarding WB_GB set speed deceleration G force etc, don't mess with those unless you're daring.

Unfortunately, we don't get double blinking hazards on the F56.
 
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:09 AM
MQQN
MQQN is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have looked on my app to turn off the speed theshold that the cornering lights will work to have it work all the time and I am not finding anything...has anyone done this?
 
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Mini_Vinnie's Avatar
Mini_Vinnie
Mini_Vinnie is offline
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,180
Thanked 142 Times in 124 Posts
Added:

NON UJ Brake Force Display BLINKING
 
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-14-2018, 05:10 PM
fishbert
fishbert is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vetsvette View Post
When adding new Union Jack tail lights to earlier Gen 3 cars...

Coded the indicators in the basic mode - to not monitor and set to LED.

Then, Stephan from Bimmercode gave me the following to do in expert mode:

BL_R_IS_LED => aktiv
BL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG => nicht_aktiv
BL_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG => nicht_aktiv

BL_L_IS_LED => aktiv
BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG => nicht_aktiv
BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUN => nicht_aktiv
What does "coded the indicators in the basic mode" do? Something different than the expert mode toggles? Also, "to not monitor" ... to not monitor what? I see toggles for cold monitoring (kaltueberwachung), warm monitoring (warmueberwachung), and also short circuit (kurzschluss). Does "to not monitor" in basic mode hit the short circuit toggle?

I ask because I only have ESYS at the moment, so there is no "basic mode".
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.