Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by daflake
You both just need to let it go and quit posting it on the forums.
I'll take that advice, as long as this remains a two-way street. However, just recall it is not like there are a multitude of places that this disagreement has popped up (this has been it) or have had entire threads devoted to it. Given that my character was challenged, openly with only partial details provided to the readers, I think I'm allowed to get all of them out there, at least once, just to clear the air. I'm done with it, if this remains a closed case.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackie
Rally:

You have been a very reasonable conversationalist in both threads we have been in, as well as in PMs, so I am going to address this response to you. You seem willing to keep an open mind, even if you have formed opinions; we all have done at least that much about some of the vendors, their products, and each other.

To answer your concern, I was not stirring anything, but given that I have been in a few threads now where strong sentiments were expressed about the truthfulness of certain vendors (not just the one in this thread, which I know you know to be true, as you participated in those other threads too), I started reading this one with interest, late last night. By the time I was several pages into this thread I still didn't know what had finally happened about this supposed "lie", so I skip to the end. I still don't know what has happened exactly once I get there, but I do find none other than PARTSMAN darting into this conversation and then sort of pulling his patented disappearing act on goaljnky, which is exactly what he did to me in our private conversation that was about a relatively small transaction from the marketplace several months ago.

Now you see PARTSMAN doing his own version of character assassination here on me above, by telling the thread readers only part of this story, leaving out the most important part, which is sort of the recurrent theme with some of goaljnky's issues about what is and what isn't said by a vendor in their marketing (that some give you enough information to be able to say it was the truth, but leave out just enough to mislead you in your conclusions; I am not saying whether or not I share this belief, but I think it accurately reflects his POV – and he can correct me if I am mistaken). So? Do I simply say PARTSMAN is not worth my time of day and move on, allowing him to have misled anyone reading this smear about my character or do I show you how he misleads you about what took place?

Just consider that I see this as a public service too, as I know what he did with me, so it is not hearsay; this is first-hand experience and not just what I have heard he has done elsewhere. As this thread issue is resolved from what you say, I guess I am not really hi-jacking anything now, right?

The bottom line with PARTSMAN (and I have retained all the PMs from him as proof should he want to really bare it all, which I doubt) is that he made several promises in PMs to me about sending payment on a transaction that I could have concluded with other interested parties. After what was probably close to two weeks of being polite I ask what the heck is up with him over like a $40 sale? Was I miffed the sale didn't happen? No. I was miffed he kept making promises he never apparently intended on keeping and that I had packed up the parts already and taken them from my home in NJ into my office in Manhattan (with difficulty on public transit) in order to ship them, all based on his promises. I ultimately had to drag the package back to NJ, unwrap it all, re-sell the parts separately, meaning new packaging too. It was NOT about the money; it was about being inconsiderate and then copping an attitude trying to paint it as me being in the wrong.

Yes, sales sometimes don’t happen, for a variety of legitimate reasons (and some silly ones too), but when someone reassures you over the course of several weeks that they are taking care of it, then act like a jilted little girl when you call them on their act saying he was insulted by me simply trying to find out his intentions after all the failed promises he had made, well THAT is insulting. He just should have cancelled the transaction like a man early on and stopped procrastinating.

Was it a pain in my rear? I think you know the answer, especially when he copped the attitude, not me. He got a bad feeling; please give me (us) a break.

My '06 was barely a month old when the grilles came off, they had maybe 500 miles and were in perfect condition. What kind of bad feeling did he get? I was going to sell him crap for $40; that I had lied to him? No, he simply didn't like someone who expected him to conduct business in a business-like fashion. Then he claims he made an apology? He apologized for the delays after several of them, but with no excuse other than he “was busy”.

He didn't apologize in any real sense, as he said something sweet at the end like "you must be that other kind of Mini owner" simply because I wanted him to either do his business or get off the pot. He adds something to make himself out to be some big shot on NAM who has made many transactions here and some are over $1,000. Who cares what he did with anyone else? I know his treatment of our transaction was "I don't care if you're inconvenienced and I'll just string you along until I really make up my mind". Oh yes, he also knows how to punctuate well, by laughing about it with at least three of these . That's PARTSMAN for you.
Now that you have aired your version, move on.
BTW, the that I sent you back were because you sent me a PM the other night after how many months this has been done? I thought it was funny that you still have issues after all this time.

Originally Posted by blackie
I'll take that advice, as long as this remains a two-way street. However, just recall it is not like there are a multitude of places that this disagreement has popped up (this has been it) or have had entire threads devoted to it. Given that my character was challenged, openly with only partial details provided to the readers, I think I'm allowed to get all of them out there, at least once, just to clear the air. I'm done with it, if this remains a closed case.
Finally.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal attacks and resurrecting the thread for the purpose of taking a shot at someone is not ok. Both blackie and PARTSMAN will receive infractions for this little exchange. In the meantime this thread is done.

Mark