Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
mozzarella
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gnatster
I can't belive I followed that again..

But I did get to see Roger Daltry* sing a classic.

*For the younguns...Rodger Daltry was the front man for a British Rock and Roll band named The Who
What?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Tüls
this makes it all worth it for me
Troll!!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
I can't belive I followed that again..

But I did get to see Roger Daltry* sing a classic.

*For the younguns...Rodger Daltry was the front man for a British Rock and Roll band named The Who
It is wierd that that fact needs explanation....who was John Coltrane maybe but wow we are getting OLDER not old....

As far as this thread...... pots are calling kettles black....dogs are having sex with cats.....and the sky is falling.....

Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by SpiderX

As far as this thread...... pots are calling kettles black....dogs are having sex with cats.....and the sky is falling.....
Are you saying it is finally getting interesting?

Old 08-23-2007, 12:05 PM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Are you saying it is finally getting interesting?
more like some one had a free crack rock handout and half of us missed it.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:06 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by minimusprime
But that always happens....

Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Do you guys mean as in what ways is a BMW better than a Kia?

I will refer you to Bilstein's website:

http://www.bilstein.com/tech.php?PHP...9b7b60afae3387

Proven on the track performance. Tested by many professional teams. Terms like "butt dyno" and "feels better over rail road crossings" is NOT part of their sales pitch.

And finally: TUV certified.
So, in answer to your question, RallyMINI, it appears the answer is "No".

Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
As someone who is outside the argument - because I am not planning on getting coil-overs anytime soon --- I observe that, through 11 pages, there was not a single post that presented any facts, or even antidotal information to suggest that European built coil-overs are better or worse than Asian ones. If the vendor told a particular customer that it's product was not made in Asia and, in fact, it is, that was unethical, but between that customer and the vendor. If anyone else was lead to believe the product was not manufactured in Asia, when, in fact, it was, that too is a problem. But, the fact that the vendor does not publish that information at large means nothing. I don't recall MINI advertising anywhere that some of their engines are now being made in China.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by minimusprime

You can have some of mine.

little egg
3rd Gear
I am. My mama used to say that, too. She also taught me not to **** into the wind... no wait, that was my daddy...
My momma should come to this thread and take her wooden spoon to everyones ****!

mozzarella
Banned
Originally Posted by LynnEl
As someone who is outside the argument - because I am not planning on getting coil-overs anytime soon --- I observe that, through 11 pages, there was not a single post that presented any facts, or even antidotal information to suggest that European built coil-overs are better or worse than Asian ones. If the vendor told a particular customer that it's product was not made in Asia and, in fact, it is, that was unethical, but between that customer and the vendor. If anyone else was lead to believe the product was not manufactured in Asia, when, in fact, it was, that too is a problem. But, the fact that the vendor does not publish that information at large means nothing. I don't recall MINI advertising anywhere that some of their engines are now being made in China.
The engines components will be produced by PSA at their Douvrin, France facility, with MINI engine construction at Hams Hall in Birmingham, United Kingdom. The joint venture was announced on July 23, 2002 with the first engines produced in 2005.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mozzarella
The engines components will be produced by PSA at their Douvrin, France facility, with MINI engine construction at Hams Hall in Birmingham, United Kingdom. The joint venture was announced on July 23, 2002 with the first engines produced in 2005.
As I said, nowhere did MINI advertise that some of it's engines are now made in China. At the time of that statement you quote, they were not made in China.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
mozzarella
Banned
As I said, nowhere did MINI advertise that some of it's engines are now made in China. At the time of that statement you quote, they were not made in China.
Then how do you know?

Old 08-23-2007, 12:34 PM
glnr13
6th Gear
the reasoning for asian made coils vs. euro made coils was created by ChrisMCS04. he personally does not like asian parts on his mostly euro car. there's nothing wrong with any quality parts made in asia or europe, the problem lies in the word quality. many companies across the globe are cutting costs that compromise quality... unfortunately for asia, due to recent publicized situations with quality control in China some people are gun shy to purchase asian products.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Because people posted that the window sticker on their MINI states the engine is manufactured in China (just like the M7 coil-overs will have a sticker on them saying "Made in Korea").

Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by glnr13
the reasoning for asian made coils vs. euro made coils was created by ChrisMCS04. he personally does not like asian parts on his mostly euro car. there's nothing wrong with any quality parts made in asia or europe, the problem lies in the word quality. many companies across the globe are cutting costs that compromise quality... unfortunately for asia, due to recent publicized situations with quality control in China some people are gun shy to purchase asian products.
I understand this. My point was simply that the fact that the coil overs are made in Korea means nothing, in and of itself.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
mozzarella
Banned
Because people posted that the window sticker on their MINI states the engine is manufactured in China (just like the M7 coil-overs will have a sticker on them saying "Made in Korea").
I've never heard that about a MINI engine, could somebody with a made in China engine confirm this please.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
little egg
3rd Gear
To cut to the chase, I think this entire thread boils down to trust. Can you trust the vendor you are purchasing the item from? Can you trust the quality, the design, the stated performance gains?

There is a vendor (who shall remain nameless), that I purchased several parts from. All had MAJOR issues and have since been sold or removed from my car. I felt that when I expressed my concern to the vendor the reply was "who cares, I got your buck, move on". For the record I tried and tried to resolve the issues to no avail.

The MINI community has put on their NAM beer goggles and only sees things inside the confines of this group. I don't know of many people who would accept this kind of treatment from the makers of their clothes, appliances, household items, etc. I do not see why the vendors on this board should be held to any different standard because its a small community.

I will take my money to someone I can trust and who's product I can trust. Thats right "Bruce Lee" I am your female dog now!

Old 08-23-2007, 12:39 PM
mozzarella
Banned
I understand this. My point was simply that the fact that the coil overs are made in Korea means nothing, in and of itself.
But telling somebody who asks that they are not when in fact they are, is a very different can of worms.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by little egg
To cut to the chase, I think this entire thread boils down to trust. Can you trust the vendor you are purchasing the item from? Can you trust the quality, the design, the stated performance gains?

There is a vendor (who shall remain nameless), that I purchased several parts from. All had MAJOR issues and have since been sold or removed from my car. I felt that when I expressed my concern to the vendor the reply was "who cares, I got your buck, move on". For the record I tried and tried to resolve the issues to no avail.

The MINI community has put on their NAM beer goggles and only sees things inside the confines of this group. I don't know of many people who would accept this kind of treatment from the makers of their clothes, appliances, household items, etc. I do not see why the vendors on this board should be held to any different standard because its a small community.

I will take my money to someone I can trust and who's product I can trust. Thats right "Bruce Lee" I am your female dog now!
Exactly, little egg. That's why I said, if you were told something that wan't true, it is an issue. But, if you aren't told something and you don't ask, so what? I bought pants at Old Navy. I didn't ask where they were made. When I got home, I saw they were made in Indonesia. So what? If I asked, and they said, they were made in America, that would be another matter.

goaljnky
Banned
Hence lay the problem. There is no sticker on the M7 coilover.

And Peter did lie to a potential customer.

And it did not stay private as the lie was repeated in the open forum and is still on there. For the past 4 and a half months. Ample opportunity to have been corrected by any one of the M7 representatives.

Loony2N
6th Gear
But telling somebody who asks that they are not when in fact they are, is a very different can of worms.
Exactly the point of my posts. !

Old 08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
glnr13
6th Gear
some people agree with you, some don't. but that's not what this thread is about and never was.. as stated by mozzarella, it's the lie that's buggin everyone out.

and little egg, bruce lee accepts your female dog status and pets you lovingly

Old 08-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
And it did not stay private as the lie was repeated in the open forum and is still on there. For the past 4 and a half months. Ample opportunity to have been corrected by any one of the M7 representatives.
I didn't see it repeated. I saw a post where the vendor (Peter?) said that a poster did, in fact, find the manufacturer. After that, I didn't see a post from M7 denying the source. Yes, if you believe the poster -- and I am not suggesting you should or shouldn't --- he was unethically treated. No one else was.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
I've never heard that about a MINI engine, could somebody with a made in China engine confirm this please.
Do a search. I don't remember the thread(s) I saw them in. Perhaps "engine" "r56" and "china" ?

Quick Reply: Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!