Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
mozzarella
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minimusprime
although this thread is new... the undertones are very very old. I don't think any one really wants to discuss it.
Then why does Mr. Webb make that statement?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mozzarella
Then why does Mr. Webb make that statement?
are you high or something?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would have to guess

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, this is the first time I remember ever jumping on anyone this blatantly, and it is because of the past dealings I have had with M7. I do not feel the need to explain it all, but suffice it to say that between crank pulleys, throttle bodies and airbox design, I have had my run-ins with shady dealings concerning Peter.

This thread could have been stopped easily and without ramifications if there was in fact no lies told by Peter and he posted a response explaining it. The truth is, he was purposely misleading about these coilovers that Peter, with the crack R&D team they have, developed.

It all boils down to unethical behavior that just gets passed over - from the M62, to the DFIC, to the crank pulley problems, to throttle body issues, etc. I made a simple comment at the beginning of the thread, but the more I read, the more fired up I got about not only Peter, but the entire state of the "tuner" industry.

Anyone with marketing flash seems to be able to sell parts, whether they are needed or not, just because they sell.

Say what you will - I know I have BIG problems staying on top of the customer service side and always have, but I have never tried to mislead or be dishonest about it. I am the first to admit our issues and I have on more than one occasion given insight into why and how we have problems.

All vendors have their problems, but my Daddy always told me that the most important thing you can do is tell the truth. That seems to still hold true for me, though it seems to have been lost in our current society, with folks defending what was said just because it was only one person (though the misleading certainly extended to the entire community).

That sums it up for me. Unless Peter states anything about his decisions to mislead as a part of marketing, the thread really is going to diverge.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
mozzarella
Banned
What the hell does that mean?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:29 AM
goaljnky
Banned
do you mean 'what are you referring to'? it's clear what he means.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
its a reference that you are on drugs and therefore not in touch w/ reality = distorted view.

just stoking the fire a bit.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
mozzarella
Banned
This thread is a joke like most of the stuff on NAM, right? 90% of the info posted on NAM is BS unless it has to do with how to detail your car ... lol.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 AM
goaljnky
Banned
This thread is a joke like most of the stuff on NAM, right? 90% of the info posted on NAM is BS unless it has to do with how to detail your car ... lol.
Are you trying to revisit the Zaino vs. Meguiar's war?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
mozzarella
Banned
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Are you trying to revisit the Zaino vs. Meguiar's war?
That's the only info I want anymore, giving up preformance mods and track days just going to spend my time washing my silly little car.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandyBMC
Actually, this is the first time I remember ever jumping on anyone this blatantly, and it is because of the past dealings I have had with M7. I do not feel the need to explain it all, but suffice it to say that between crank pulleys, throttle bodies and airbox design, I have had my run-ins with shady dealings concerning Peter.

This thread could have been stopped easily and without ramifications if there was in fact no lies told by Peter and he posted a response explaining it. The truth is, he was purposely misleading about these coilovers that Peter, with the crack R&D team they have, developed.

It all boils down to unethical behavior that just gets passed over - from the M62, to the DFIC, to the crank pulley problems, to throttle body issues, etc. I made a simple comment at the beginning of the thread, but the more I read, the more fired up I got about not only Peter, but the entire state of the "tuner" industry.

Anyone with marketing flash seems to be able to sell parts, whether they are needed or not, just because they sell.

Say what you will - I know I have BIG problems staying on top of the customer service side and always have, but I have never tried to mislead or be dishonest about it. I am the first to admit our issues and I have on more than one occasion given insight into why and how we have problems.

All vendors have their problems, but my Daddy always told me that the most important thing you can do is tell the truth. That seems to still hold true for me, though it seems to have been lost in our current society, with folks defending what was said just because it was only one person (though the misleading certainly extended to the entire community).

That sums it up for me. Unless Peter states anything about his decisions to mislead as a part of marketing, the thread really is going to diverge.
Yes, the thread is about to diverge.

Well, my daddy said there were two ways to stand tall - 1) on your own merits and 2) pushing those around you down so you look taller.

Your postings here have nothing to do with your products or company promotions thus bringing into question your ethical standards as a Vendor here on NAM.

You acknowledge you have customer service problems yet you have decided to dedicate time to poo poo a business competitor rather than improve yourself.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of this thread, you are a vendor that is attempting to taking advantage of it.

You should be taking the high road not the low road.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My daddy always said " if you don't have something good to say about somebody, don't say anything at all!".

Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM
mozzarella
Banned
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
My daddy always said " if you don't have something good to say about somebody, don't say anything at all!".
Your're Daddy has never been to NAM ...lol

Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bahamabart

Well, my daddy said there were two ways to stand tall - 1) on your own merits and 2) pushing those around you down so you look taller.

Your postings here have nothing to do with your products or company promotions thus bringing into question your ethical standards as a Vendor here on NAM.

You acknowledge you have customer service problems yet you have decided to dedicate time to poo poo a business competitor rather than improve yourself.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of this thread, you are a vendor that is attempting to taking advantage of it.

What he should be doing is responding to PMs and posts about his thread in the Marketplace lol...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
like i said... no one wins in this.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM
goaljnky
Banned
I thought your mama said that...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Bahamabart

Didn't some complain earlier that vendors who posted here were trying to hype their products? Now you are complaining that he is not hyping his products. Are you trying to say that he should have no say what so ever?

What if we got his un-muzzled dog, Camelpilot, to speak for Webb. Would that count?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 AM
SayGoodbye
6th Gear
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought your mama said that...

Be nice .

Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Be nice .
I am. My mama used to say that, too. She also taught me not to **** into the wind... no wait, that was my daddy...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
I am. My mama used to say that, too. She also taught me not to **** into the wind... no wait, that was my daddy...
thanks for that nice little mental image.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Didn't some complain earlier that vendors who posted here were trying to hype their products? Now you are complaining that he is not hyping his products. Are you trying to say that he should have no say what so ever?

What if we got his un-muzzled dog, Camelpilot, to speak for Webb. Would that count?
I THINK I HAVE BEEN MORE THAN CLEAR.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
this makes it all worth it for me

Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
I can't belive I followed that again..

But I did get to see Roger Daltry* sing a classic.

*For the younguns...Rodger Daltry was the front man for a British Rock and Roll band named The Who

Old 08-23-2007, 11:49 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by gnatster
I can't belive I followed that again..

But I did get to see Roger Daltry* sing a classic.

*For the younguns...Rodger Daltry was the front man for a British Rock and Roll band named The Who
Who?

Quick Reply: Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!