Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
DrPhilGandini
My little dose of LITHIUM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by little egg
Da Comrade! Let us rid ourselves of bad negative capitalistas. Decending opinion no good for mother land.
And what kind of opinion is "decending"? Decent, descending, dissenting? I don' ged it...

Old 08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark
Yes...and also sad that the tone can be attributed to a minority of visitors to the site. Perhaps its time for the membership of the site to vote some others off the island

Mark
Yes it's about time...

Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes...and also sad that the tone can be attributed to a minority of visitors to the site. Perhaps its time for the membership of the site to vote some others off the island

Mark
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
Yes it's about time...
Hey, I think you guys are going off topic. :impatient

Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark
Does that mean we can vote for a different pres/dictator too?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
camelpilot
Banned
So are we voting for the ones we WANT to win the million dollars or the ones we DONT WANT to win?

Where is the vote link please?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
norm wrote: "I really don't have any problems with South Korea products at all."

billie writes: "Or their women."

Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
goaljnky,
thanks for posting the link to the previous related thread. It was fun to read, too, and included a link to another thread. Kind of a "two-fer."

Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by billie_morini
goaljnky,
thanks for posting the link to the previous related thread. It was fun to read, too, and included a link to another thread. Kind of a "two-fer."
You are welcome.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DrPhilGandini
All I can say, in this my second post to this thread of 324 posts, is that gnaster is one cool guy! Why? Because he reads The Economist! I was talking to my Personal Investing class today at UNM, and refered to a copy of the magazine/journal I had with me. I held it up and exclaimed with joy how a magazine had been named after me: The Economist.
Aside from that, this thread is truly a testament to who we are, and how we view the world. Just like my IATs, the variance swamps the mean.

keep at it, I got more popcorn...
Thanks Doc

It's one of my favorite reads, nothing like getting a different perception of whats going on in the world beyond US mass media.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:50 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
Thanks Doc

It's one of my favorite reads, nothing like getting a different perception of whats going on in the world beyond US mass media.
another Economist reader +1

Old 08-24-2007, 04:53 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
Yes it's about time...
even when I don't agree or find some posts crap to distatseful I still prefer that to eliminating people.....

Last edited by SpiderX; 08-24-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:09 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottinBend
Does that mean we can vote for a different pres/dictator too?
Depends on whether the product was from North or South Korea...

Old 08-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by little egg
OK, this whole "privat lie" thing has been bothering me for a while. This is how I see it:

Example: Two friends are talking and one tells the other about some good tax advice he heard about from his "tax guy". The person hearing this information will probably say "Oh, thats cool, might try it" but all the while realizes that this is third party advice and not from an expert.

I am a C.P.A. and am held to a different standard. If in speaking, even in passing, I mention tax strategies or advice, the person hearing me will most likely take the position that this is good, reliable information. Being a professional and an expert in the field I am held to a higher standard when I speak.

Vendors are NO DIFFERENT. This issue is that the "alleged lie" came from a vendor about his OWN product. Being the vendor you should be held to a higher standard and realize that what you say about your product will be relied upon by others and most likely passed on. Isnt word of mouth still the best form of advertising?

This is quite different than a third party saying "Hey, I hear they are not made in Asia" than the vendor themselves making the statement.
I guess I didn't get my point across, which is simply this: If you ordered the product, not knowing that it was made in Korea, and not having considered it enough of an issue to inquire up front, and later find out it was Korean, So what? The fact that someone else was lied to has no bearing on it. Of course, if you relied on what that someone else was told, that's another matter. But, if it is that important, check with the source.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
In soviet russia... Mini's drive you!!! i keed i keed.

+2 for economist reader.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:50 AM
stjoehawk
1st Gear

Mark
But if I don't like the tone of a specific poster, can't I just use the ignore function, so that I don't see what they say?

Or is this a situation where there are specific users who are being targeted, and this is a way around just banning those users?

Old 08-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by stjoehawk
But if I don't like the tone of a specific poster, can't I just use the ignore function, so that I don't see what they say?
This is true, and I engaged it for the first time yesterday.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:01 AM
stjoehawk
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
I guess I didn't get my point across, which is simply this: If you ordered the product, not knowing that it was made in Korea, and not having considered it enough of an issue to inquire up front, and later find out it was Korean, So what? The fact that someone else was lied to has no bearing on it. Of course, if you relied on what that someone else was told, that's another matter. But, if it is that important, check with the source.
Your first point is valid. And I don't think anyone would disagree with it.

However, if a vendor lied to a potential customer for the purpose of getting his or her business, I'd like to know that, because that is something I'd take into consideration when deciding where to take my business. Additionally, if I'm lied to by a vendor, I think that I have a responsibility to inform others (much as I have the exact same responsibility to praise a vendor when they do a good job).

The problem comes in when some people try to distort the facts for their own agenda, either to support the vendor or to knock it down. And once someone steps in for one side, someone else steps in for the other side, and the next thing you know, we have a thread like this, where a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

Basically, the bottom line here is that a vendor lied to a potential customer to get his money. People should see that, along with other feedback (positive & negative) before making their own informed decision.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
stjoehawk
1st Gear
This is true, and I engaged it for the first time yesterday.
As a side note, this might be more helpful if it's attached to the specific posts. As far as I can tell, I have to click on the posters name first to get to their profile & then click on ignore. It's almost hidden... Perhaps it might be more useful to others if it was attached to the posts in some way.

Of course, it's very possible that it is & I'm missing it. These things happen.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear

However, if a vendor lied to a potential customer for the purpose of getting his or her business, I'd like to know that, because that is something I'd take into consideration when deciding where to take my business. Additionally, if I'm lied to by a vendor, I think that I have a responsibility to inform others (much as I have the exact same responsibility to praise a vendor when they do a good job).

The problem comes in when some people try to distort the facts for their own agenda, either to support the vendor or to knock it down. And once someone steps in for one side, someone else steps in for the other side, and the next thing you know, we have a thread like this, where a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

Basically, the bottom line here is that a vendor lied to a potential customer to get his money. People should see that, along with other feedback (positive & negative) before making their own informed decision.
I agree with all of this. My post was simply addressing the posts implying that, because they are Korean made, they are inferior. The issue is the lie, not the country of origin.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
goaljnky
Banned

I agree with all of this. My post was simply addressing the posts implying that, because they are Korean made, they are inferior. The issue is the lie, not the country of origin.
to both of you. A point that has been missed repeatedly in this thread.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder

Or is this a situation where there are specific users who are being targeted, and this is a way around just banning those users?
My comment about voting people off the island was really just a joke. Another prime example of this type of medium not accurately conveying the intention behind the message. To be specific I was making a joke and I do not wish to implement something like this.

Mark

Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 AM
goaljnky
Banned
My comment about voting people off the island was really just a joke. Another prime example of this type of medium not accurately conveying the intention behind the message. To be specific I was making a joke and I do not wish to implement something like this.

Mark
Does that mean those waiting patiently in line to vote can now go back to their normal daily activities?

YES I AM KIDDING!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
My comment about voting people off the island was really just a joke.
Mark
Of course it was a joke otherwise in a short period of time there would be no one on the NAM ISLAND for everyone would have been voted off .

Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Skiploder
Banned
The alleged lie is part of the issue - but it has been amplified because of the repeated attempts over the past few months to find out where the coilovers are manufactured.

Look - despite what has been alleged in this thread - the fact that the units are made in South Korea does not necessarily mean they are crap.

Four months ago Chris was allegedly told that the units were made nowhere near Asia. The reason this statement was made was because several people were concerned that these may be overseas knock-offs with little to no engineering behind them. As has already been pointed out, that comment has been either overlooked or intentionally allowed to stand.

This is easy to resolve - despite what the Vendor's backer may claim, it is in his best interests to clear this issue. Come out and state that (1) there was a miscommunication and (2) that Chris' original comments relating M7's claims were not seen. Otherwise, as another poster has mentioned, for better or worse the assumption will be that Chris was intentionally lied to.

I don't see the harm in additionally commenting on what specific engineering was incorporated into these coilovers to differentiate them from other products from this manufacturer. It would go a long way to making people believe that these are not just rebranded knock-offs.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 AM
stjoehawk
1st Gear

Mark
Ahhh. I have smilies blocked (as I got tired of seeing posts with a large number of them or posts only containing them), so I didn't see the wink-face until I looked from another browser. If I had seen that, I would have been able to pick up on the joking nature of your modest proposal.

I withdraw my comment.

Quick Reply: Suspension M7 coilovers ... mystery solved!