General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Red Roof Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Official Red Roof Club

Hello, I thought it might soon be time to begin a "Red Roof" MINI motorists club. Many have put their orders in and are anxiously awaiting the delivery of their new 2011 JCW MINIs, as they have exercised their choice to have a red roof. So, this thread is dedicated to all of you. From Midnight Black, Pepper White, British Racing Green II, Eclipse Gray, or Clubman, Convertible, Hardtop, and possibly Countryman, all are welcome--even Chili Red owners ordering body color for their roof selection (because, MINI would never discriminate).

My own MINI has had the red roof and mirror combination married to black for some time now, as I own a 1st generation MINI that I modified by painting the roof and mirrors red to reflect the black and red interior and seats. It will be great fun to see some other MINIs with this terrific combination on the road, and since they will all be JCWs, I look forward to seeing them blow by me--just be sure to give a MINI wave my way.

Meanwhile, here are our new badges:

Attached Thumbnails The Official Red Roof Club-redroof003.jpg   The Official Red Roof Club-redroof001.jpg  

Last edited by Mackpupp1; 07-21-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Club Management
Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Aw, come on guys...

Member List of The Official Red Roof Club:

1. Mackpupp1
2. nykwan
3. 10Zero
4. isthar
5. hemisedan
6. phinzup
7. nxtMINI
8. ufomini
9. kallmemini
10. HowardC
11. buckland
12. DoubleNick
13. TiggerGTO
14. Chrissamyn
15. mini_muddeatr
16. Humsg
17. Walk0080
18. biggripper
19. Phx JCW

Last edited by Mackpupp1; 11-30-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Club Management
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm planning on the red roof/black body with JCW stripes and black wheels when I get to order it in the Spring. I love the color combo.
Originally before this new red roof option was out, I woulda got red body with black roof and black stripes....the inverse of the other combo!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Badges...

Alternate file sizes for you:

Attached Images   

Last edited by Mackpupp1; 07-21-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 AM
vargasgal
5th Gear
No red roof, but they do make me drool a little!

Old 10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Vargasgal

They are appealing, but when you have a MINI as striking as yours a red roof isn't really needed! Nice MINI!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I am a white roof fan. But the red roof brings a whole new perspective on the MINI. I like the thought I just wish they would offer different colors. Like get a horizon blue with a sparkling silver roof or something like that.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Does mine count???

Attached Thumbnails The Official Red Roof Club-2dscn0300a.jpg  
Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Does it Count?

Certainly it counts, and it is a fine looking MINI with a red roof at that! Perhaps, I should have found a way to include those who opted for the Silver Roof option offered some years back. Well, nevertheless, I don't believe that MINI culture is about discriminating, though you do have some Classic Mini owners who pit themselves against MINI drivers, and you R53 vs R56 drivers who have their debates; but really, doesn't the brand seem to welcome all? So, welcome, and your MINI is a stunner!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Porthos

A Silver Roof option was available on most colors for the hatch in 2006, and is most famously featured on the magnificent GP. It made for some truly striking color combinations. Of course, it is currently an option on the Clubman. Perhaps they will bring it back on the hatch; but, until then I would like to add that you have done some terrific work on your MINI, it is truly beautiful!

Last edited by Mackpupp1; 10-13-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: just wish to add something about the silver roof
Old 10-15-2010, 07:40 PM
isthar
5th Gear
Not a 2011 but my MINI is CR/CR! See gallery.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Welcome aboard, isthar!!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
isthar

That is a superb looking clubby...and the viper stripes are very cool with the roof rails!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mackpupp1
Certainly it counts, and it is a fine looking MINI with a red roof at that!... and your MINI is a stunner!
Thanks!

Old 10-16-2010, 03:24 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Mackpuppy1: You already know that I have just that Midnight Black with the Chili Red roof on order. Actually, it's about 3/4 across the North Atlantic right now heading for Baltimore POE on Tuesday. Also it has the Black Challenge wheels and carried the red/black theme to the interior with red leather and black cloth. By the time I got through with the options, that I just couldn't live without, I'd spent about $2000 more than I had originally budgeted for. Oh well, Mini has a $1000 off right now and I got a deal at my Mini dealers before that, so I'm happy.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
10 Zero, You're welcome!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Lil' Guy

Yes, I sure do know you've ordered Lil' Guy with the extra options, and I have to say that I'm genuinely excited to see the photos of him when he arrives. Regarding going over budget, you have the deal MINI is running, and the rest is negligible over the life of the car--and the enjoyment you'll discover driving the lil' guy! By the way, it was my red and black interior that inspired me to paint my roof and mirrors; the combination is striking, and I think you've done a great job on building out your MINI. I certainly am happy for you. He is due very soon, is he not?

Old 10-16-2010, 03:14 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Tracking the Fedora

Yes, I sure do know you've ordered Lil' Guy with the extra options, and I have to say that I'm genuinely excited to see the photos of him when he arrives. Regarding going over budget, you have the deal MINI is running, and the rest is negligible over the life of the car--and the enjoyment you'll discover driving the lil' guy! By the way, it was my red and black interior that inspired me to paint my roof and mirrors; the combination is striking, and I think you've done a great job on building out your MINI. I certainly am happy for you. He is due very soon, is he not?
We just found out that the Fedora is just passing Nova Scotia and headed down the Eastern Seaboard. It's due into POE of Baltimore on Tuesday, and New York early Monday. I don't think that they are unloading many at New York because it's only a five hour port of call. This is one of the largest vessels out there, as it can carry a full load of over 8,000 cars. Probably 10,000 Mini's. This ship winds up in New Zealand before her trip is over. WOW on that trip.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
That's great, Hemisedan! I can't wait for the photos....Lil' guy will be the first officially official, factory red roof/different from the body color MINI on this thread, if not in NAM! Now, out of the other body color options, is there one you are most curious to see? Congratulations!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Red Roofs

That's great, Hemisedan! I can't wait for the photos....Lil' guy will be the first officially official, factory red roof/different from the body color MINI on this thread, if not in NAM! Now, out of the other body color options, is there one you are most curious to see? Congratulations!
Lil Guy is sitting at the New York POE waiting for those getting off to get off, and then the Fedora will head for Baltimore where Lil Guy and his new friends will get off and go thru customs. Like I have said before, he's getting closer.

As for other combinations, the White/Silver with the Chili Red roof and mirrors would be interesting, as well as my second choice which was the British Racing Green ll, with the Chili Red Roof. Almost sorry that I didn't go with that combination, as it definately would have been different and more European.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
Hemisedan

That's so funny, I too am most interested in the BRG II with red roof. I think it is terribly retro British, and will be really interesting. I think that the other color combos will all look great--and I think that Pepper White with the red roof and the JCW stripes, maybe with a red and black interior, will be very sporting. Still, I think that the Red on Green is going to be both unique and very traditional at the same time--it is the combo I too most wish to see.

I'm so happy that Lil' guy is so close...I am genuinely looking forward to seeing him! You must be very excited! By the way, I was just at an appointment in Newport Beach. My BMW needed the oil changed, so I took Mack out today. I came out of the offices that I'm doing, and there were four guys standing outsite. Mack was flanked by a Boxter and a Mercedes S, but the guys were smiling in approval and pointing at some of Mack's details. When I first got Mack, a number of buddies really ribbed me about getting a MINI, and that never gave me a second's thought because I really don't care about parking lot prestige and what others say. Anyway, I think the red roof really captures some attention. But the point is that the MINI is a unique car in that, it engages all sorts of people no matter their socio economic class, and plants a smile on their faces.

Do you have a MINI now, Hemisedan, or will this be your first?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:49 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
First Mini

That's so funny, I too am most interested in the BRG II with red roof. I think it is terribly retro British, and will be really interesting. I think that the other color combos will all look great--and I think that Pepper White with the red roof and the JCW stripes, maybe with a red and black interior, will be very sporting. Still, I think that the Red on Green is going to be both unique and very traditional at the same time--it is the combo I too most wish to see.

I'm so happy that Lil' guy is so close...I am genuinely looking forward to seeing him! You must be very excited! By the way, I was just at an appointment in Newport Beach. My BMW needed the oil changed, so I took Mack out today. I came out of the offices that I'm doing, and there were four guys standing outsite. Mack was flanked by a Boxter and a Mercedes S, but the guys were smiling in approval and pointing at some of Mack's details. When I first got Mack, a number of buddies really ribbed me about getting a MINI, and that never gave me a second's thought because I really don't care about parking lot prestige and what others say. Anyway, I think the red roof really captures some attention. But the point is that the MINI is a unique car in that, it engages all sorts of people no matter their socio economic class, and plants a smile on their faces.

Do you have a MINI now, Hemisedan, or will this be your first?
NO, this is my first Mini, shucks I've only got about 10 minutes behind the wheel of a Mini. One guy with a JCW gave me a 15 minute ride one day and sold me on the JCW. Stock suspension and it handled like it was on rails. That's that terrible suspension that everyone talks so badly about.

I am currently driving a Mazda Miata MX-5 that is on lease. Hate the seats, but the rest of the car is nice. Love the color, it is a Burnt Red/Orange. Before that, hotrod all the way, 32 Ford hotrod, 34 Ford sedan, 39 ****** sedan, 34 Dodge sedan, and on and on. Think that I'm really going to love the Lil Guy, gas mileage and performance, who could ask for more.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Mackpupp1
2nd Gear
A buddy of mine was a Miata fanatic, purchased a MCS and really fell in love with it. In fact, he got rid of the MCS for a Mercedes convertible, regretted it, ran out the lease and returned to a MINI, which shocked him. As for handling, I have the factory sports suspension, I live in the hills with tons of twists and turns, and it really does handle as if it is on rails. Of course, the R50/53 had those extreme handling characteristics (at the expense of ride), just as they are.

Do you still have any of your (very cool) hotrods? My Pop loved building hot rods, and the Corvette seemed to be the car he continually returned to. Me? Even as a 3 year old, I was fascinated by a small convertible that my father had, and later learned to drive during a gas crisis. A lot of the larger Pony cars fell a bit out of fashion, and small hot cars were coming into popularity...so, I fell in love with little hot hatches and other pocket rockets. As a young teen, I fell in love with the 2002ti (which the college kids I knew drove), and the GTi...I just loved the GTi.

As I remarked earlier, if ordering today, I'd have nearly replicated your own order, going for the fastest option, but at the time the supercharger concerned me (without justification)....but to me, handling is everything.

You'll love Lil Guy....I just know it!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Hotrods

A buddy of mine was a Miata fanatic, purchased a MCS and really fell in love with it. In fact, he got rid of the MCS for a Mercedes convertible, regretted it, ran out the lease and returned to a MINI, which shocked him. As for handling, I have the factory sports suspension, I live in the hills with tons of twists and turns, and it really does handle as if it is on rails. Of course, the R50/53 had those extreme handling characteristics (at the expense of ride), just as they are.

Do you still have any of your (very cool) hotrods? My Pop loved building hot rods, and the Corvette seemed to be the car he continually returned to. Me? Even as a 3 year old, I was fascinated by a small convertible that my father had, and later learned to drive during a gas crisis. A lot of the larger Pony cars fell a bit out of fashion, and small hot cars were coming into popularity...so, I fell in love with little hot hatches and other pocket rockets. As a young teen, I fell in love with the 2002ti (which the college kids I knew drove), and the GTi...I just loved the GTi.

As I remarked earlier, if ordering today, I'd have nearly replicated your own order, going for the fastest option, but at the time the supercharger concerned me (without justification)....but to me, handling is everything.

You'll love Lil Guy....I just know it!
My problem this year is that my 38 project with a hemi, hence the hemisedan, is progressing about one year earlier than was expected. In saying that, let's just say that it is really great that I'm averaging about 15 hours of overtime each week. The past three weeks, that has been over 20 hours of overtime. The chassis was painted, and finally finished prepped last week. About the only thing stock about the frame are the frame rails. Everything else is custom, make that garage made. The body is ready for paint, and as soon as the chassis is put, mostly together, it will be mounted back on the chassis and be painted. 2011 Mustang Kona Blue, with Mercedes gray leather inside. Right, overkill again. That's the 38 Ford Standard Tudor Sedan hotrod, done in the fashion and theme of 1961. As for handling, it should handle with the best of them. Mustang independent suspension, 9" rear with sway bars on both ends. Finished it will be in the 28-2900 lbs range. 325 Dodge D-500 baby hemi, with the dual quads, now baby afb's, and torqueflight. That's the hotrod, a real hotrod that will be driven, that is when I put the keys to the Lil Guy on the key holder.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hemi,

I want to see lots of pics when your Lil guy comes in! It might help me decide on color combos.
I'm still wavering alittle between the color combos. I still like the combo you ordered with the black body, and redhead look, but then I saw an all black the other day and loved it too. And I sometimes think I still would like the red body, brunette look too. :D

Quick Reply: The Official Red Roof Club