General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Badges from Miniswag and/or MotoringBadges.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Birdman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Badges from Miniswag and/or MotoringBadges.com

MiniSwag and MotoringBadges

What is the deal? Any else deal with either of two companies?? I ordered items from both, received half of one, and NOTHING from the other. One (motoringbadges) sent me an email sying they had shipping and email problems and lost all the orders or something, so I sent (as instructed) the order # and what was missing. Never got anything back, no product. Yet my CC was charged back in July for the items.

Todd at Miniswag keeps sending me an apology email sying he "forgot", "lost order in moving", "though he sent it".... and still NOTHING, also from JULY. And ALSO, charged my CC.

Is anyone else having "issues" with these companies? Are thye reputable??

Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Dubaian
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am sorry to hear that.. i wanted to order some from motoringbadges.com but then i thought i would save money and did it myself

what do you think?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:08 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Birdman
MiniSwag and MotoringBadges

What is the deal? Any else deal with either of two companies?? I ordered items from both, received half of one, and NOTHING from the other. One (motoringbadges) sent me an email sying they had shipping and email problems and lost all the orders or something, so I sent (as instructed) the order # and what was missing. Never got anything back, no product. Yet my CC was charged back in July for the items.

Todd at Miniswag keeps sending me an apology email sying he "forgot", "lost order in moving", "though he sent it".... and still NOTHING, also from JULY. And ALSO, charged my CC.

Is anyone else having "issues" with these companies? Are thye reputable??
I'm sorry you're having issues with the delivery of your badges. I hope things get worked out soon.

BTW, Todd is with MotoringBadges and Jeff is with Miniswag.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I had this problem too. I ordered from Motoring Swag and I only received 1/4 of my order but they sent out the rest on saturday.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
I have used one or both of the companies, and did not have issues with my order and it had to come across the border to Canada...

Old 09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
I ordered the "6-pack" of badges from Todd but made a mistake and wrote the word decal for each design instead of badge. I was charged for the badges but only received one badge and five decals. I wrote Todd and he was nice enough to say he would send the remaining badges and that I could keep the decals. That was a couple months ago and I haven't recieved the badges yet, although he has been real busy with his recent move. I guess I should write back and see if I can get that going again.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Birdman
6th Gear
Update. I finaly received the missing badge from MiniSwag. Thanks.

But, after a 5th email now from Todd saying again he was sending out the badge, and issueing a refund, neither have occured.

I give up!!

Anyone want to make me a magnetci badge with a piece sign over an amercan flag like this?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I still haven't got my badges either. :( Maybe I should just go to Todd's house and get them.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Birdman
6th Gear
HOLY CRAP!!!!

I came home today, and low and behold I find a Us flag peace sign badge in the mailbox!!! I now beleive in miracles!!! The 1980 US hockey win wasn't enough, but this is!!!

Thanks Todd if your out there.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
adam76
3rd Gear
I got a badge and a couple of stickers from Todd. I meant to order all badges. Oh well. The order came in a lot faster than I expected and the badge looks great. Unfortunately, the two I like best were then ones that I accidentally ordered stickers of. I re-ordered the badge versions of them today. Can't wait to get them. The first package was kind of like a teaser!

Just to make it clear, the mix up was completely my fault. At least I have a couple extra stickers!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
diabolik!
3rd Gear
i really want to order some badges from these guys, but all of these posts are making me very apprehensive. Do MINI dealerships sell their own badges?

Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I received my 6 badges from Todd today!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 PM
mattbren
2nd Gear
I got my badges from Todd a few weeks ago, but still nothing from Jeff after waiting 6 weeks. I can't get him to answer my numerous emails either. I'm beginning to wonder if he's still in business???

Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
diabolik!
3rd Gear
which company is Todd and which one is Jeff?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:43 AM
adam76
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by diabolik!
Todd is motoringbadges.com. The badge I got is great. I can't wait for the other two. I can absolutely recommend ordering badges from him. I was a little leary after seeing some different threads, too. But, I am very happy with the results. Great quality, cheap shipping, and I was pleased with how quickly the package was delivered.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 AM
mattbren
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by diabolik!
Todd is toddsmods.com

Jeff is motorswag.com and miniswag.com

Old 10-02-2007, 07:27 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Ohhh...so todd didn't make my badges. :( I ordered mine from motorswag. looks like I should've went with todd. Support local badge makers!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM
mattbren
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Birdman
Update. I finaly received the missing badge from MiniSwag. Thanks.

But, after a 5th email now from Todd saying again he was sending out the badge, and issueing a refund, neither have occured.

I give up!!

Anyone want to make me a magnetci badge with a piece sign over an amercan flag like this?

Well, if you finally got your badges from MiniSwag, then maybe there's still hope for mine. My credit card was charged back in the middle of August, and still I have nothing.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:43 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My experience with Todd is this: Be patient. You'll get your order and the product is top notch. It just takes around a month to six weeks to get it.

And I've placed 4 orders so it's not a random thing.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
mattbren
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
My experience with Todd is this: Be patient. You'll get your order and the product is top notch. It just takes around a month to six weeks to get it.

And I've placed 4 orders so it's not a random thing.
I agree, the badges from Todd are great and he was very good at communicating, even when there was a delay. I just wish I could get that kind of service out of MiniSwag.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Birdman
6th Gear
Matt,
Did you receive the "Sorry, screwed up a bunch of order" email from Jeff?? He sent it out like a month ago, asking anyone who didn't receive an order they were charged for, to email them back with something like "Missing Order" in the subject line.

I did that, and got nothing. But I did it again a week or 2 ago, and he replied sorry, on the way.... and sure it enough, it showed up. Put in your order #, and what you ordered and are missing.

BUT, I would NOT recommend either of these outfits, sorry. I now have all of my stuff, but it took multiple emails to both, multiple lookign up order info from old emails..... on a $7 order for heavens sake...and took 3 to 4 MONTHS to get, while I was charged for both, the day I placed the order.

We are not talking rocket science here, it's a 3" circle for god's sake, thye just print a decal, and stick in on the magnet. They should be shipping these the same day they are odered.

Both are good quality however, and that is the shame.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Minyuette
3rd Gear
Yikes, I better send an email then. I ordered 2 badges 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten anything...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Birdman
6th Gear
I should add one more thing. I ordered the badges the same weekend I ordered my MINI. I received the MINI, which was factory ordered, built, tested, shipped via train from Oxford to Southampton, England, then shipped to NJ, then trucked from NJ to the east end of Long island, then detailed and prepped by Mini of the Hamptons, and delivered. All in 4 weeks. But it took two different WEB based companies 3 months to print, stick on and mail an envolope from not to far away to NY three little badges.

Just so folks don't think I was just bitchin about nuttin. That is a bit much, don't ya think?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Sounds like I need to email them again. I like grill badges but if it's going to take an act of congress to get them and pay 7.50 each for them I'm not going to buy them anymore.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:13 AM
rpiano
Neutral
I placed order with both these companies last week, Monday I received the 6-pack of badges from Todd's Mods, Tuesday I received the badge holder from Motorswag but no badges. I thought it was pretty good service, hopefully I'll receive the badges from Motorswag soon, but based on the above I won't get hopes too high.

Quick Reply: Badges from Miniswag and/or MotoringBadges.com