F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 08:20 PM
artmem
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Did you get the right headlamp switch?

I think so, unless the 19s have a different switch than previous models. All of the lights still work properly.

Last edited by artmem; 05-17-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Forgot quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by artmem
I think so, unless the 19s have a different switch than previous models. All of the lights still work properly.
Did you use BimmerCode?
if so did you use the parameters I wrote in my
thread?
Can you show us a picture of your old and new switch?
i assume you also have front fogs?

Old 05-17-2019, 09:24 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=61_3283

Which one is your old switch, which one is your new one.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:59 AM
artmem
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Did you use BimmerCode?
if so did you use the parameters I wrote in my
thread?
Can you show us a picture of your old and new switch?
i assume you also have front fogs?
I did use Bimmercode and your parameters. I do have front fogs. Photos of the switches are attached.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:11 AM
an3ony
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey man, in bimmercode, there's two codes for the rear fogs, one for incan bulbs, one for LED's. double check which your car came with and you may need to recode. Mine is a '15 f56 and it came with incan rear fogs, I accidentally coded for rear LED fogs and even though the bulbs lit up, it flagged up a bulb error.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:09 PM
curlywurly
2nd Gear
Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
For me:

stock from the factory behaviour for me:

In sport mode- tach displays

If i have nav directional info or song/track info - they appear in all but sport mode. When in sport mode tach has priority

This is from the factory - no bimmercoding.

HUD stock looks to have the driver assistance (speed limit signs etc) display to the left of the current speed. No space there to shift around the out-the-box HUD fields

Old 10-12-2019, 07:34 AM
Christian.f
Neutral
Hey all,

Quite familiar with coding using bimmercode on my 18’ m3.

Jumped into a 19’ JCW knights edition. I coded a few options already but need help with a few that seem to need the “expert mode” using bimmercode.

when unlocking the car, can you have the LED rings on but not the low beams?

Can you use the rear fogs as a brake light?

Old 10-12-2019, 10:25 AM
ghstrdr
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Rear Fog Lights as Brake Lights

As you have the new taillights (Union Jack), I would say no. I have a '17 JCW that had regular factory taillights and was able to code the system to ALSO use the foglights as additional brake lights. However when I switched to the new Union Jack taillights, I lost the foglights as additional brake lights. It was an either or situation, if I wanted to use the foglights as brake lights the Union Jacks went away. I chose to stay with the Union Jacks. I subsequently bought the new light switch and enabled the rear foglights...................as foglights. Hope this helps.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:20 PM
tzo
1st Gear
I want this too!!!!

Originally Posted by JosephM635

I can confirm that this coding works for the:

JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then
KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

So Cool!

I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

I have the F54 SD.Will it work this to my car? I have to buy Bimmercode(till now i have only installed it and connect it via plx kiwi3 with the car)?

Old 10-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Christian.f
Neutral
Originally Posted by ghstrdr
As you have the new taillights (Union Jack), I would say no. I have a '17 JCW that had regular factory taillights and was able to code the system to ALSO use the foglights as additional brake lights. However when I switched to the new Union Jack taillights, I lost the foglights as additional brake lights. It was an either or situation, if I wanted to use the foglights as brake lights the Union Jacks went away. I chose to stay with the Union Jacks. I subsequently bought the new light switch and enabled the rear foglights...................as foglights. Hope this helps.
ahh, that’s unfortunate. But thank you for the reply!!

any thoughts on the front parking lights with just the LED RING and no low beams?

Old 11-05-2019, 09:02 PM
aj1000
Neutral
Originally Posted by ghstrdr
Further on this, for those with UJ lights who tried this and want to revert back to original setting with UJ lights as brake lights instead of rear fogs alone as brake lights (if you forgot the original setting like me), you have to change back to “bfd_l” and “bfd_r” from “nsl_l” and “nsl_r”. Tried reverting with back up coding, but that did not work and had to try one by one to find this out. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:10 PM
MKLight
1st Gear
I did use Bimmercode and your parameters. I do have front fogs. Photos of the switches are attached.

If you don’t have the factory buttons for front or rear fog lights, do you still have the bulbs and set up for both? Would you just need a new, full replacement switch for them to be enabled? Or would you need new fog light housings?

Thank you,
MK

Old 11-07-2019, 11:03 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by MKLight
If you don’t have the factory buttons for front or rear fog lights, do you still have the bulbs and set up for both? Would you just need a new, full replacement switch for them to be enabled? Or would you need new fog light housings?

Thank you,
MK
Are you saying you don’t have the front or rear fogs and neither the switch? Or you have the front and rear fogs but no switch?

The rear fogs if you have them have the wiring and bulbs so you can code them as brake lights, to use them as fogs you will need the switch. It’s very easy to code.

The front is a whole other story if you don’t have them from factory...I doubt the wiring would be there. You will need to get the housing and wiring to work with the switch. I’ve honestly never seen an F56 with front fogs and no switch.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:24 PM
MKLight
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 6FT6
Are you saying you don’t have the front or rear fogs and neither the switch? Or you have the front and rear fogs but no switch?

The rear fogs if you have them have the wiring and bulbs so you can code them as brake lights, to use them as fogs you will need the switch. It’s very easy to code.

The front is a whole other story if you don’t have them from factory...I doubt the wiring would be there. You will need to get the housing and wiring to work with the switch. I’ve honestly never seen an F56 with front fogs and no switch.

I just bought the car. It’s a 2019 F55S. It’s back at the dealership for some cosmetic stuff that needed to be fixed, so I have a 2020 F55S loaner.

I have the rear fogs coded with the rear brake lights. I thought all MINIs came with front fogs, but learned that’s not the case. There is the housing for front fogs, but it looks like the top portion has a light and the bottom sort of looks mirrored out - do you think they’re there? In the light switch area, the front and rear fog light switches are dummy buttons. It does have the LED with cornering lights...the loaner has the front fogs...they don’t make a huge difference, but would be nice to have...as long as the price isn’t too crazy for the hardware.

Thank you,
MK

Last edited by MKLight; 11-26-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Jas31483
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear Fog Coding on 2020 F54 JCW

Long story short, I just bought a 2020 F54 JCW and have been trying to figure out why on earth I cannot get the rear fogs to work. I pulled the Euro-Spec switch from my 16 F56 JCW and installed it into my F54, fired up Bimmercode and within expert mode changed all the same lines I used on my F56 to enable them. After coding the light switch illuminates, when I press the rear fog button I get the rear fog light indicator on my gauge cluster BUT no “fog light” actually illuminates on the rear of the car. I’m also not getting any error codes whatsoever.

Am I missing something? Do current gen Mini’s not have wiring in place or possibly is there no physical bulb in the socket?

Old 11-14-2019, 03:14 PM
6FT6
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Jas31483
Long story short, I just bought a 2020 F54 JCW and have been trying to figure out why on earth I cannot get the rear fogs to work. I pulled the Euro-Spec switch from my 16 F56 JCW and installed it into my F54, fired up Bimmercode and within expert mode changed all the same lines I used on my F56 to enable them. After coding the light switch illuminates, when I press the rear fog button I get the rear fog light indicator on my gauge cluster BUT no “fog light” actually illuminates on the rear of the car. I’m also not getting any error codes whatsoever.

Am I missing something? Do current gen Mini’s not have wiring in place or possibly is there no physical bulb in the socket?
Gotta check and see if there is a bulb.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:18 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the rear fogs on the LCI Clubman are part of the LED Union Jack design. Whereas, in the pre-LCI cars the rear fogs were separate lights in the inner part of the rear doors. That being the case, I wouldn't be surprised that the coding needed to activate the rear fogs is different for the LCI cars.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:22 PM
Sansho
1st Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My 2018 F55 didn't come with bulbs in the rear fog lights.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:54 AM
Jas31483
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
If I'm not mistaken, the rear fogs on the LCI Clubman are part of the LED Union Jack design. Whereas, in the pre-LCI cars the rear fogs were separate lights in the inner part of the rear doors. That being the case, I wouldn't be surprised that the coding needed to activate the rear fogs is different for the LCI cars.
I’m thinking you may be right. However, I do know that the LCI Clubman has the brake lights in the bumper that activate when the barn doors are open, something about federal regulation on taillights having to be visible at all times. I know the pre LCI Clubman had bulbs in there that were utilized as rear fog lights, wondering if maybe that’s not the case with the LCI Clubmans. I’m so lost! lol

Old 11-15-2019, 06:58 AM
Jas31483
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sansho
My 2018 F55 didn't come with bulbs in the rear fog lights.
Interesting! Were there sockets in there, for bulbs to go?

What baffles me is that even after enabling all the features by coding, the car didn’t throw up any warning lights about a bulb that was out. I’d assume that if those sockets were to be utilized as rear fogs, and no bulb was in the actual socket, an error code would throw.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:05 AM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Jas31483
I’m thinking you may be right. However, I do know that the LCI Clubman has the brake lights in the bumper that activate when the barn doors are open, something about federal regulation on taillights having to be visible at all times. I know the pre LCI Clubman had bulbs in there that were utilized as rear fog lights, wondering if maybe that’s not the case with the LCI Clubmans. I’m so lost! lol
Every pre-LCI Clubman I've seen only has brake lights in the bumper. The barn door light clusters house the parking lights, turn signals, reverse lights, and (if equipped) rear fog lights. The LCI rear clusters are full LED, and it appears the only separate light sections are the Union Jack parking lights and the turn signals. That's why I think the LCI cars may not have a separate bulb for the rear fog lights. Just a guess, however.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:07 AM
Imperial
3rd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
On some BMW models when user switches to Sport or Sport+ mode, then the car turns off traction but activates DSC. This is basically the same if we just tap the traction switch once. I wonder if we can code the same function through bimmercode or e-sys? Would be good to switch the car to sport mode and have DSC turn on automatically.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Bas Riebeek
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Double posted.

Last edited by Bas Riebeek; 05-16-2020 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Double posted
Old 05-15-2020, 01:21 PM
Bas Riebeek
1st Gear
Hi there,
I have a question, i'm from the Netherlands and i drive a MCS F56 (JCW pack). It dit nog came with the driving mode selector ring and driving mode options. So i dit a retrofit.
Bought the ring, connected the wires to the correct pins in de BDC, tested the cables and now i need to activate is.
I have the bimmercode app (full version) did code alot of things. But, there is no such thing as driving modes in the main screen.

What i want:
Driving mode selector to work, so i can switch between sport/mid/green.
Driving mode in screen (i have a full map pro navi system)
Driving mode in speedomether screen

I hope some one could't help met with the correct codes using the bimmercode app.

Kind regards,
Bas

Old 05-16-2020, 06:06 AM
Bas Riebeek
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tzo
I have the F54 SD.Will it work this to my car? I have to buy Bimmercode(till now i have only installed it and connect it via plx kiwi3 with the car)?
i Have done this code with the bimmercode app on my Mini S F56 and it works fine.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming