F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:16 PM
boki
3rd Gear
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Yea, If you look at this video (start at 1:50) you can see the EU tail lights in action:

https://youtu.be/fBp_vhpqOUs

I understand that the US lights are different but I thought that instead of that horizontal amber turn signal we get the red but and the side/vertical bar is for the brake light. US lights might be physically different? Is that amber bar in EU tail lights led or standard bulb?

We don't have a single US LCI Mini yet so I can't double check how are they supposed to function from the factory.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Just used Bimmercode to code in closing windows and roof with comfort access - used to only let me open these with the key. And, I coded in the folding mirrors with comfort access. Very easy to do a lot of things with this app. So far, very impressed.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:55 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by boki
Yea, If you look at this video (start at 1:50) you can see the EU tail lights in action:

I understand that the US lights are different but I thought that instead of that horizontal amber turn signal we get the red but and the side/vertical bar is for the brake light. US lights might be physically different? Is that amber bar in EU tail lights led or standard bulb?

We don't have a single US LCI Mini yet so I can't double check how are they supposed to function from the factory.
I was contemplating these, but:
I think Ill stick with my EU amber turn signal tail lights.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:18 PM
nomar116
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is it possible to program a replacement key fob without the dealership?

Old 03-31-2018, 12:25 PM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Just used Bimmercode to code the car to start in Sport Mode, and got rid of the initial warning screen on the NAV.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:43 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by nomar116
Is it possible to program a replacement key fob without the dealership?
short answer. No.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Banner28
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't know if this has been addressed at any point recently but does anyone know where to find the most current psdzdata file for E-sys? I've been doing a bunch of my coding through their with only a few times using bimmercode and all of a sudden today, E-sys wanted to crap out on me and not let me connect to my car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 AM
grh372
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what part numbers did you recieve?
Originally Posted by kfmuller
I installed my Union Jack tail lights this morning. The lights worked perfectly right out of the box. I got indicator and brake malfunction errors. Used Bimmercode to code the indicators to LED and not monitor which corrected that error. My brake lights were already set to not monitor and as LED, so not sure where to go. I switched adaptive brake lights to not monitor and to LED, but that didn't correct the issue. I didn't experience the issue with the turn and brake lights like the person above. Mine is a 2016 JCW built in July 2015.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 AM
grh372
1st Gear
I've spoken with okee from "codemycar" he seems to have the correct european file and thinks he will be able to set it correctly. he is shipping a cable out to me. should know in a week. as of right now i have the original lights back in the car so it can be driven

Old 04-02-2018, 11:17 AM
jjmet
Neutral
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
There is a BimmerCode update! Im going to see if the seatbelt shortcut is back at lunch

EDIT - It's back!

I have been looking to quite the seat belts chimes myself. I have version 2.7 Bimmercode running on iOS. I get nothing showing up under Advance Crash Safety Module not even Expert Mode. 2017 Cooper S Hatchback.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:26 AM
boki
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by grh372
what part numbers did you recieve?
He got the EU/ROW part numbers with amber turn signals, 63217435133 and 63217435134 I believe. I don't know if there's physical difference between US and EU versions, if they are all LED aside from reverse lights or if there are any other differences. I guess we'll have to wait for some time for this to get sorted out.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:39 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
He got the EU/ROW part numbers with amber turn signals, 63217435133 and 63217435134 I believe. I don't know if there's physical difference between US and EU versions, if they are all LED aside from reverse lights or if there are any other differences. I guess we'll have to wait for some time for this to get sorted out.
Yes, I confirmed I got the EU versions with the amber turn signal. The reverse light is just a bulb, the brake and turn signals appear to be LED. Not sure if the tail lights themselves are LED since they didn't throw an error, but that may just be that the stock ones were LED, too.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:38 PM
jjmet
Neutral
Originally Posted by jjmet
I have been looking to quite the seat belts chimes myself. I have version 2.7 Bimmercode running on iOS. I get nothing showing up under Advance Crash Safety Module not even Expert Mode. 2017 Cooper S Hatchback.
Well they say patients is a virtue. Turns if one waits long enough the module loads and gives you the chance to make changes. Bimmercodes mods done so far,
1. Seat Belts Chimes disabled
2. Starts in Sport Mode
3. Rear Fog Lights work as brake lights
4. Fog Lights on with Hi-beams
5. Legal notice gone on startup
6. Door handle leds light when in reverse
7. All windows close with key fob and comfort door button
Wow didn't know I did that many. Great program and well worth the money.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:49 PM
xentar
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry if this is out of topic... But does anyone know if the wiring/connector on the LED tail lights is different from the non-LED ones? Both tail lights use bulbs for the stop and reverse lights so I was thinking that they might be the same?

It would be great if someone can post a picture of the LED tail light wiring/connector.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:03 PM
boki
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by xentar
Sorry if this is out of topic... But does anyone know if the wiring/connector on the LED tail lights is different from the non-LED ones? Both tail lights use bulbs for the stop and reverse lights so I was thinking that they might be the same?

It would be great if someone can post a picture of the LED tail light wiring/connector.
I didn't take any photos of the wiring at the time of swapping my tail lights but here's the back of my 2016 tail lights with LED option that I took off my car the other day, hope that helps a bit.

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-20180403_175554.jpg   Mini coding/programming-20180403_175612.jpg   Mini coding/programming-20180403_175600.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
xentar (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 05:29 AM
xentar
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I didn't take any photos of the wiring at the time of swapping my tail lights but here's the back of my 2016 tail lights with LED option that I took off my car the other day, hope that helps a bit.
thanks for the photos.. I will just open a separate thread for further inquiry.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:32 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The US lights will be different in a couple different ways:
- They will be all red with no amber
- There will be no separate turn signal or brake light; the horizontal and vertical lights on the EU version combine on the US version. On braking, it will light both up as well as the 3rd brake light. Turn signals light up and flash and if braking and turning, both light up but one side blinks.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Forcerecontrojan
2nd Gear
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
- There will be no separate turn signal or brake light; the horizontal and vertical lights on the EU version combine on the US version. On braking, it will light both up as well as the 3rd brake light. Turn signals light up and flash and if braking and turning, both light up but one side blinks.
This is why it is better to let everyone else Beta test and figure this out first. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:06 AM
boki
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Yes, that makes all the sense, now if we could only figure out which coding needs to be changed for this to happen and we'd be all set. Anybody?

Old 04-05-2018, 06:31 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
I took a video of mine, but won't be able to post until later. Mine work exactly like this video I found.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:39 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by kfmuller
I took a video of mine, but won't be able to post until later. Mine work exactly like this video I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVueZkZxxLk
So you retrofitted the UJ tails and the brake and turn signal lights are separate functions like in the video above? If so, did you have to do any coding to get that functionality? As far as I've read, people retrofitting the UJ tails to U.S. cars end up with the same functionality as the LCI cars have stock in the U.S. Would love to be able to code it to have the separate brake and turn signal functionality, though!

Old 04-09-2018, 02:49 AM
AJT13N
Neutral
Girlfriend took delivery of her new MCS (67 Reg in UK) and unfortunately doesn't have the "Driving Modes" selector on it.

It's our first F56 Mini but I have bimmercode and vgate dongle and have used on previous BMW Cars we have had.

Looking through this post there are numerous point regarding getting the cars coded to remember/start in SPORT mode from start up , but unfortunately (and I'm pretty sure I know the response) very little in coding the car into sport mode at all without the switch or dial.

So I guess the question is

- Can you code sport mode on the car using bimmercode and then get it to stay in sport permanently without the switch?
or
- do you have to do the mod to retrofit the switch first and then do the coding?

Thx Andy

Old 04-09-2018, 04:28 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
So you retrofitted the UJ tails and the brake and turn signal lights are separate functions like in the video above? If so, did you have to do any coding to get that functionality? As far as I've read, people retrofitting the UJ tails to U.S. cars end up with the same functionality as the LCI cars have stock in the U.S. Would love to be able to code it to have the separate brake and turn signal functionality, though!
Mine have the separate functions like the video right out of the box. The only coding I did was to remove the warning messages in the car for the brake and indicators since they are now LED. I coded each to LED and to not check either when cold or warm. So, I don't get any warnings that I have bulb failures, and the lights don't flicker since the car no longer checks those lights.

The following users liked this post:
mouh60 (11-07-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by AJT13N

So I guess the question is

- Can you code sport mode on the car using bimmercode and then get it to stay in sport permanently without the switch?
or
- do you have to do the mod to retrofit the switch first and then do the coding?

Thx Andy
Congrats on the new Mini!

Does your Mini have an option to switch to Sport mode? I dont see how you could code that if it doesnt have that driving mode.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:26 AM
AJT13N
Neutral
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
Congrats on the new Mini!

Does your Mini have an option to switch to Sport mode? I dont see how you could code that if it doesnt have that driving mode.
Thanks,

No it doesn't have the dial switch around the gearstick. So cannot be switched manually.

I have been informed that all cars have the functionality in there software to offer green-mid-sport modes, But only those with driving modes can select it, so ours will likely be in Mid from factory from what I gather.

so is it not possible to try and code the car to be in Sport and not mid and lock it to always start?

New to minis so a bit lost with whats lurking in the software background and what isn't possible through coding.

Andy

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming