Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, sorry. Replacing cats in cats in California are illegal unless they are dead, and they can only be replaced with OEM cats.

You can add a bigger FMIC and run the stage 1 FMIC map, the FMIC adds a good amount of power.

Stage 3 requires a turbo back and FMIC.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 AM
dez
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, I'm already running the JCW Stage1 FMIC map. Guess I'll just have to stick with that for now... until I can get my license plate flip mod done

Old 06-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear
Stalker code p2885

I keeping throwing the dreaded p2885 code and going into reduced power, or "limp mode". I never noticed it until I got the access port, now it seems since my recent update yesterday i get it more often. Ive done everything I know to do. I have changed DV, Vac lines, turbo inlet, checked all connections and still comes on. When I uninstall I dont get the code! Can someone please help?
2008 Clubman S
Upgrades include
Alta FMIC
Alta Boost Tube Hot Side
DDM Race Intake with RAM
WMW DV
JCW Turbo Inlet Hose
Alta Access Port Running stage 1 FMIC 92 Octane or Higher

Old 06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Scooter09
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I replaced the pressure/temperature sensor that's just before the air charge pipe (going in to the throttle body) and that solved it for me. Before you do that, you may want to check the waste gate on your turbo, if it's not functioning properly, i.e. it's stuck open, it can also cause the 2885 code.

Originally Posted by Kenmanclubman
I keeping throwing the dreaded p2885 code and going into reduced power, or "limp mode". I never noticed it until I got the access port, now it seems since my recent update yesterday i get it more often. Ive done everything I know to do. I have changed DV, Vac lines, turbo inlet, checked all connections and still comes on. When I uninstall I dont get the code! Can someone please help?
2008 Clubman S
Upgrades include
Alta FMIC
Alta Boost Tube Hot Side
DDM Race Intake with RAM
WMW DV
JCW Turbo Inlet Hose

Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 AM
llopezpr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chris, I just bought a 2010 MCS that already have the bov spring alta, alta fmic, Invidia 2 1/2 exhaust with a catless DP and a HKS power flow air intake. When I first have the car it has the Stage 1 FMIC 92oct map because I could get 93 octane fuel here, I'm in Puerto Rico. Due to the closing of the refinery that provides the 93 octane I changed the map to Stage 1 FMIC 91oct. Reading the post I think that I could change the map to the Stage 3 91oct. What do you suggest? Could I change to Satge 3? I read that the issue for that stage is the exhaust, but I have as I mentioned the Invidia exhaust and no cat converter.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear
p2885 Charging pressure min

Originally Posted by Scooter09
I replaced the pressure/temperature sensor that's just before the air charge pipe (going in to the throttle body) and that solved it for me. Before you do that, you may want to check the waste gate on your turbo, if it's not functioning properly, i.e. it's stuck open, it can also cause the 2885 code.
Do you have the access port installed? Why doesn't it go into limp mode when its not installed?

Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I was running stage 2 without a FMIC for a day last week, just testing it out, and it seemed jerky and power felt delayed. Well Friday rolled through and I installed my Forge FMIC, and I must say, stage 2 was smooth afterwards.

I did have a bit of a scare when I was making a run on the freeway when I heard a loud "explosion". Pulled off the freeway, started it back up and a CEL came up. Rode is slowly home and found out all the codes were from one of the pipes connected to the intercooler came off during the ride on the freeway. Connected it back up and now I'm truly enjoying stage 2!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:54 PM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
2008 Clubman S
Upgrades include
Alta FMIC
Alta Boost Tube Hot Side
DDM Race Intake with RAM
WMW DV
JCW Turbo Inlet Hose
Normally a 2885 code comes up when you are getting less boost then requested. This can happen with our map and not the stock map if there's a boost leak somewhere that's only happening at high boost. The best test to do would be to do a boost leak test pressurizes the intake system to 18 psi and check for leaks.

If you do a datalog, we can check it out. We'd need a log from 2,000 RPMs to close to redline in 3rd gear.

Originally Posted by llopezpr
Hi Chris, I just bought a 2010 MCS that already have the bov spring alta, alta fmic, Invidia 2 1/2 exhaust with a catless DP and a HKS power flow air intake. When I first have the car it has the Stage 1 FMIC 92oct map because I could get 93 octane fuel here, I'm in Puerto Rico. Due to the closing of the refinery that provides the 93 octane I changed the map to Stage 1 FMIC 91oct. Reading the post I think that I could change the map to the Stage 3 91oct. What do you suggest? Could I change to Satge 3? I read that the issue for that stage is the exhaust, but I have as I mentioned the Invidia exhaust and no cat converter.
You can run a stage 3 only if the whole turbo back exhaust has been replaced, with no stock cats in place. Just make sure it's a 91 octane map, and you're good!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Drobinson1692
4th Gear
Chris, still trying to hunt down an idle flux. My suspect is the top o2 sensor/ first sensor off the DP. When i had the RR downpipe, it caused my engine to run rich. Now i have on an Akra pipe and noticed the sensor was a bit 'sooty' when i installed it. What lambda readings are normal for a 2009 JCW? anyone's free to chime in.

Lamba 1 btw.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ALTA_Chris
Normally a 2885 code comes up when you are getting less boost then requested. This can happen with our map and not the stock map if there's a boost leak somewhere that's only happening at high boost. The best test to do would be to do a boost leak test pressurizes the intake system to 18 psi and check for leaks.

If you do a datalog, we can check it out. We'd need a log from 2,000 RPMs to close to redline in 3rd gear.

You can run a stage 3 only if the whole turbo back exhaust has been replaced, with no stock cats in place. Just make sure it's a 91 octane map, and you're good!
Ok Chris, I had the pressure test done this am and they found no leaks. They checked vac lines, sensors and could not find anything. I tried to do the datalog in 3rd gear as you suggested and finally got one as the car kept going "limp in third gear at about 5200 rpm's. How can I send you the datalog?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear

Ok Chris, I had the pressure test done this am and they found no leaks. They checked vac lines, sensors and could not find anything. I tried to do the datalog in 3rd gear as you suggested and finally got one as the car kept going "limp in third gear at about 5200 rpm's. How can I send you the datalog?
Chris, was just wondering if you got any info from the data log I sent you that may be helpful? Haven't got the code since I went back to factory ecu, but I sure miss the power and torque!!!!!!!!
I can't believe how noticeable it is going back to factory ecu, the tires dont chirp anymore when shifting, lol and the shifting sure is easier ;-), the traction control light comes on but dont hear that chirping....I miss it, lol..

Old 06-28-2012, 05:30 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
I initially had some issues with the auto trans and my accessport, but Alta came through with a great tune with smooth shifting. I am sure they are working on it, but they communicated via email, not this forum. Make sure that you have sent Chris or Jeff an email with your log.

Have fun,
Mike

Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mbwicz
I initially had some issues with the auto trans and my accessport, but Alta came through with a great tune with smooth shifting. I am sure they are working on it, but they communicated via email, not this forum. Make sure that you have sent Chris or Jeff an email with your log.

Have fun,
Mike
I'm not having problems with shifting "auto trans" just the torque is like wow! Did you have any issues with p2885 charging pressure, or boost issues? I love the accessport and went to factory ecu and miss it that much more, lol...I have faith in them, everything I have bought from Alta is just what it says it is and does, even carrying their logo on the car!
I did send Chris the log from e-mail so he knows how to reach me, THANKS for the feedback Mike!

Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 AM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
The rest of my motor is stock, I did not have any error codes or boost issues. I'm running stage 1, 92 octane. The biggest problem is torque steer! It is painful when I uninstall the AP to go back to the dealer, I forget how bad the lag is on throttle response, and miss the low and midrange power increases.

Have fun,
Mike

Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Sorry for the delay Ken, I'm having Jeff take a look at your logs. He's been busy on the dyno this week with the BRZ, I'll get him to look at them ASAP!

Chris, was just wondering if you got any info from the data log I sent you that may be helpful? Haven't got the code since I went back to factory ecu, but I sure miss the power and torque!!!!!!!!
I can't believe how noticeable it is going back to factory ecu, the tires dont chirp anymore when shifting, lol and the shifting sure is easier ;-), the traction control light comes on but dont hear that chirping....I miss it, lol..

Old 06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear

Sorry for the delay Ken, I'm having Jeff take a look at your logs. He's been busy on the dyno this week with the BRZ, I'll get him to look at them ASAP!
No problem Chris, I know I'm not your only customer ;-) I appreciate you getting back with me! Hope you have a good weekend, Nascar in Ky this weekend, gonna be HOT HOT HOT at the race but cant wait!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Kenmanclubman
1st Gear
Lag

Originally Posted by mbwicz
The rest of my motor is stock, I did not have any error codes or boost issues. I'm running stage 1, 92 octane. The biggest problem is torque steer! It is painful when I uninstall the AP to go back to the dealer, I forget how bad the lag is on throttle response, and miss the low and midrange power increases.

Have fun,
Mike
I KNOW RIGHT! I couldnt stand it and went back to stage 1 but as soon as I did I got the code again and it hadnt come on since I went to factory ECU, but it just kills me too to uninstall! Exactly right on the low and midrange, rrrrr lol....I have other upgrades but still very noticeable! Have a good weekend!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Minicircuit
1st Gear
I had the same issue yesterday (limited boost, limp mode then CEL P28AA) then researched this issue on NAM and learned the DV is a common failure along with sensor malfunctions when running higher boost. I installed the Compressor Recirc Valve made by Alta today and I am impressed. You won't find it on their website. You should ask Chris about this option. The replacement is still under development but available. No more CEL, no more limp mode and my boost is back.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Rowdy
3rd Gear
Can someone point me in the direction of more info on that compressor recirc valve? What am I going to see in terms of a DV failure? I'm certainly getting the temp limp mode...

Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowdy
Can someone point me in the direction of more info on that compressor recirc valve? What am I going to see in terms of a DV failure? I'm certainly getting the temp limp mode...
If you call Alta and talk to Chris he can help you out. I have had Zero issues with it. You can check your stock DV and see if there are any tears.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chris my Refresh button is wearing out! I need numbers MEOW!!!! and a new map please.....

Old 07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
The rev limiter is there, at least in the normal maps preloaded in the AccessPORT. But it's raised a few hundred RPMs from stock.
I sent an email to Jeff. I am positive I do not have a rev limiter.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 AM
an2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Spice Orange JCW
I sent an email to Jeff. I am positive I do not have a rev limiter.
The rev limit with all AP maps is raised a few hundred from the stock 6.5k to around 7k. If you're going more than 100 above 7k then yes, something is wrong. Otherwise it's working as intended.

When you're at a standstill it should limit at 4k for launching.

(These details are from memory - you can read the exact numbers in the map description when you flash it.)

Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 PM
lowsid3r
2nd Gear
Just installed accessport on a 2008 r56s wow what a difference!!
Question I have a code p303e only visible in the ap not in the dash. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems. If I clear it it comes back after I restart. Any ideas? I couldn't find much searching and am new to minis
Thanks

Old 07-12-2012, 07:12 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
The 303e code is something that comes up after the AccessPORT flashes the car, but it won't cause any problems. If you uninstall the AccessPORT and do an update using the AP Manager, it should make the code not come up when you do a reflash.

You can find the AP Manager here for Windows.

Or for Mac here.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread