1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Randy-ole-ran
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another MCS to w45

Hey all! You can add me to the week 45 club. I've ordered an MCS PW/B with limited slip diff, Beige leather, Fog Lights, Sunroof, Chrono pack and MF wheel. Id did not want the Auto Air. I got my prod # and week two days after I orderd her (I can't name her untill I see her in person). Here isa my question, I can't get onto the MINUSA.com web site. I've allowed pop-ups for this site but can't get beyond the first page. I have dial-up over phone lines. Any suggestions?

Old 10-23-2005, 06:06 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Randy-ole-ran & powershot: Got you guys on the list. Welcome to week 45!

Randy-ole-ran: Make certain that your popup blocker is turned of when you go to the factory web page. You will also want to book mark the Owners Lounge.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
if you can't get into miniusa, here is the link direct to the owners lounge sign-in. it should work without a popup

https://ol.miniusa.com/oemainlogin.asp

Old 10-23-2005, 07:06 PM
vincesf
2nd Gear
DrDiff:
You may wish to take V70R off of the week 45 list, as I believe he became a member of the week 44 support group.
In reading the week 44 posts, some week 44 people actually obtained VIN numbers early in the week, while others did not have any updates until very late in the week. So, it appears that some of us will obtain VIN's early and some late this week. We shall see.
vincesf :smile:

Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by vincesf
DrDiff:
You may wish to take V70R off of the week 45 list, as I believe he became a member of the week 44 support group.
In reading the week 44 posts, some week 44 people actually obtained VIN numbers early in the week, while others did not have any updates until very late in the week. So, it appears that some of us will obtain VIN's early and some late this week. We shall see.
vincesf :smile:
I guess we also take off Hyper Skip as well he got bumped all the way to week 43!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:06 PM
V70R
3rd Gear
Yeah, take me off the list. I called ask mini last week and they told me that I was week 44. I called them friday, and they told me my car had started production on friday! My vin was updated friday on the OL, but the options were still not listed. My car should be completed and ready to ship by Nov. 4-6th! Good luck to all you week 45 people. I'm very glad the car didn't show up this week, as wilma is creating some pretty crappy weather outside - not too top down friendly.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Hi! New here. I ordered:

2006 Mini Cooper
Chili Red with red roof and mirrors
Silver Interior
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Sport Pkg
H/K 8 speaker system
Chrome Line Interior
Rear Fog Lamp (mostly so there is no toggle missing)

Black Leather Custom Interior with red stitching
Sport Pedals and footrest from "S" (having the dealer install them seperately)
Tint 30% black
I-pod adapter
Black carpet floor mats
Black rubber boot mat

I've already lined up normal tires (Goodrich Traction T/A's) to be installed upon picking the car up.

I'm hoping to take delivery around Thanksgiving

Old 10-24-2005, 07:25 AM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by dgboggs
Hi! New here. I ordered:

2006 Mini Cooper
Chili Red with red roof and mirrors
Silver Interior
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Sport Pkg
H/K 8 speaker system
Chrome Line Interior
Rear Fog Lamp (mostly so there is no toggle missing)

Black Leather Custom Interior with red stitching
Sport Pedals and footrest from "S" (having the dealer install them seperately)
Tint 30% black
I-pod adapter
Black carpet floor mats
Black rubber boot mat

I've already lined up normal tires (Goodrich Traction T/A's) to be installed upon picking the car up.

I'm hoping to take delivery around Thanksgiving
You ordered floor mats? Aren't you going to try for freebies when the MINI arrives?

Sounds like a great MINI. I personally am glad to see another MC. We just don't get respect like the MCS does.

Ditto on the rear fog light, I wanted a full set of toggles.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 AM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DrDiff
You ordered floor mats? Aren't you going to try for freebies when the MINI arrives?

Sounds like a great MINI. I personally am glad to see another MC. We just don't get respect like the MCS does.

Ditto on the rear fog light, I wanted a full set of toggles.
Thanks!!! I really didn't enjoy the ride of the "S", and I'm into fuel economy (sold a Scion xB to get this), and the MC was plenty quick for me.

I tell you, I really thought about that, but I really got the feeling that they woudn't budge.

Yeah, the blank toggle REALLY bothered me!!

Are you going to D&R in Indy also?....

Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 AM
dgboggs
2nd Gear
Just found out that I've been moved to week 42!!

Old 10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
ja ME s
2nd Gear
Hi all - I've been following the week 43..44..45 threads but I finally got tired of waiting for the OL to update and called askmini and found out i'm with you all in week 45. It's so hard to wait paitently but I guess i'm halfway there from when i ordered the first week of september.

Here's what i ordered:

2006 MC Astro Black
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Spoiler
Holies
Front Fog Lamps

Interior:
sport seats w/ space gray
anthracite dash
arm rest

planned:
ipod adapter / aux adapter <<keep going back and forth on this
black bonnet stripes with the white border (anyone seen this yet on jet or astro black? in my head it looks cool but if the black isn't right it might just look..well dumb)
Whalen shift ****
tint..but not too dark

Old 10-24-2005, 05:02 PM
DrDiff
ja ME s: Hmm sounds like a close relative to MINI in Black! If you get black leatherette seats, a full set of toggles, and 5 stars; then they switched our MINIs somewhere. Where are you from "Just in case"? I was thinking Mighty Stripes offset racing stripes in frost. But the MINI in Black thing came up and I have to keep it inconspicuous.

What do you say should we start an unnoficcial Astro Black Club over in the MINI Talk?

Old 10-24-2005, 05:21 PM
ja ME s
2nd Gear
It's kinda funny - i picked black because i don't see too many black minis around (outside of philadelphia to answer your first question) but i see a lot online when i look around.

Unfortunately I won't have full toggles since i opted not to put in DSC or the rear fog light. I'd like to put in a dummy switch (or not) like the jet's missile launcher you see in the movies where you first have to lift the plastic bit then flip the switch.

The waiting is driving me (and my wife) nuts with all the options and accessories to chose from.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
congrats and welcome to the 45 club! I'm from north of philly (bucks county) myself and also in week 45. what dealer did you order from? If it was otto's then ours may be riding together!

Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 AM
ja ME s
2nd Gear
I ordered mine from Mini of the Main Line. I'm in Blue Bell so it's a little closer for me. I work in Warrington - just inside of the Buck's county line so I may see you cruising down 611.

Has everyone named their mini yet or are you waiting for delivery? I've been searching but haven't come up with anything suitable yet. Mainly looking at obscure muppet references and english slang for now.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 AM
speedyalice
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by theroyalwe
I'm not sure how it would look either to be honest... but I'm picturing it looks awesome. if I get a bit of time I'll try to photoshop something together to show what I mean
Thanks - that would be great. I'm back in Indecisive Mode re: the roof. Right now it's set to be red with the black and white checkered sunroof; I'm trying to figure out if the entire roof should be B & W checkered, or should I do something with the silver roof? Since the side mirrors are going to be checkered, I thought the entire roof being checkered might be too much.

Feel free to throw in opinions - I haven't seen a pic of a red roof/checkered sunroof, so if anyone knows if there's a picture of one someone on the Internet, I'd love to know about it. Thanks. :smile:

Old 10-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Randy-ole-ran
1st Gear
Just confirmed for w45

Just talked to askmini and I'm confirmed for week 45. Thanks to "theroyalwe" for the web tip to go direct to the owners lounge sign-in ( https://ol.miniusa.com/oemainlogin.asp) Worked just fine.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:35 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by speedyalice
Thanks - that would be great. I'm back in Indecisive Mode re: the roof. Right now it's set to be red with the black and white checkered sunroof; I'm trying to figure out if the entire roof should be B & W checkered, or should I do something with the silver roof? Since the side mirrors are going to be checkered, I thought the entire roof being checkered might be too much.

Feel free to throw in opinions - I haven't seen a pic of a red roof/checkered sunroof, so if anyone knows if there's a picture of one someone on the Internet, I'd love to know about it. Thanks. :smile:
here's a rough idea of what it may look like from the top. I'm not too fantastic with photoshop and wasn't able to do anything very exact... hopefully this will give you a bit of an idea of what I'm thinking of.

I also want to point out that the original image came from www.cooperflags.com. if they want me to remove it I will

Old 10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ja ME s
I ordered mine from Mini of the Main Line. I'm in Blue Bell so it's a little closer for me. I work in Warrington - just inside of the Buck's county line so I may see you cruising down 611.

Has everyone named their mini yet or are you waiting for delivery? I've been searching but haven't come up with anything suitable yet. Mainly looking at obscure muppet references and english slang for now.
well I work in Montgomeryville so there is a definate chance we could pass eachother at some point. I'll be sure to wave

Old 10-25-2005, 10:25 AM
vincesf
2nd Gear
Week 45 Group:
I called Mini yesterday and am still listed as week 45 with no new information other than I should be receiving a VIN very soon, and they are not aware of any JCW delays.....at this point.
If anyone with a JCW package obtains a VIN number, let us know, as it may be a good sign for many of us.
Thanks, vincesf
MCSC 6-speed Manual, Chili Red No-Bonnet Stripes/Chrome Line Exterior/Black Top/ 17"=5-Spoke Bullets (Performance), Leather Cordoba Beige/ Interior Surface Anthracite/ Chrome Line Interior - JCW Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Full set of toggles (Rear Fog Lamp), On-Board Computer, 8-spkr Harmon Kardon Sound System & Automatic A/C.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
when you guys call ask mini what do they tell you about the status? the guy just said I am scheduled for production but no set date... what about you guys? I'm starting to wonder if I'm week 46 or something... the sheet I got from the dealer upon placing the order had the production number and on the right side said week 45 sched. week 46 conf.

ahh, the wait is gonna kill me!!!

Old 10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
I have a VIN 4 my JCW

Hey Vincesf, I have VIN # for my Hyperblue JCW Checkmate, I was originally in week 45 and now I am looking for a completion date via ASK MINI auto mated service of Nov 3. Ask MINI rep says may get done sooner. I don't know how accurate that is. I went into production on October 18th. So there appears to be no more JCW delays. Originally I was scheduled for the first week in October for production and got pushed back. I am in the SF Bay Area, so the bright side is the east coast people with latter week productions will see their MINI before me. My best chance is to load the 11-08-05 boat for a west coast docking on 12-1-05. After all the inspection,transport and dealer prep, I might get my MINI the week before Xmas. If my MINI misses this boat I won't see it till after Xmas.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
DrDiff
The Updated List
MINI Cooper
  1. DrDiff: Astro Black "MINI In Black"
  2. Skeffers: Royal Gray/Silver
  3. Dawgfan: Chili Red
  4. Mosco: Chili Red/Black
  5. alice cooper: Chili Red/Black Convertable
  6. speedyalice: Solar Red
  7. dgboggs: Chili Red
  8. ja ME s: Astro Black
MINI Cooper S
  1. neorants: Chili Red/Black JCW
  2. Coopernicus: Hyper Blue JCW
  3. vincesf: Chili Red/Black Convertable JCW
  4. V70R: Dark Silver/Black Convertable
  5. Cecil Davis: Space Blue JCW
  6. jsound: Chili Red/Black JCW
  7. theroyalwe: Hyper Blue/White
  8. CoopCoop: Pepper White/Black
  9. Brian G.: Royal Gray/Silver
  10. powershot: Space Blue
  11. Randy-ole-ran: Pepper White/Black
That makes 19 known cars! Better yet.. One Known to be in Production. alice "The lucky Dog" Cooper

Old 10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by ja ME s
MINI In Black

Still "on order" No VIN

Old 10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
DrDiff
Originally Posted by theroyalwe
when you guys call ask mini what do they tell you about the status? the guy just said I am scheduled for production but no set date... what about you guys? I'm starting to wonder if I'm week 46 or something... the sheet I got from the dealer upon placing the order had the production number and on the right side said week 45 sched. week 46 conf.

ahh, the wait is gonna kill me!!!
I was scheduled week 44 confirmed week 45. From what they told me, I may be started week 44 but will not be finished and on the way to the ship by Friday November 4th. I hope that is not your case.

Quick Reply: MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group