R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Production Week 29 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:09 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The majority of this weeks Minis should finish production by Tuesday. ASKMINI may say Monday but they'll be done by Tuesday. Mike have you been able to get an estimated completion date for yours yet?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 AM
LOP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
The majority of this weeks Minis should finish production by Tuesday. ASKMINI may say Monday but they'll be done by Tuesday. Mike have you been able to get an estimated completion date for yours yet?
I was told Wednesday the 18th, but i will call back tomorrow to get an update.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Don't type so loudly.

MINI-Mad-Mike is actually asleep. We're on hour 6 of truly restful sleep for him - first time since ordering. I'm sure he's having a dream about his new MINI

I'm going to wake him in about an hour....and, yep, you guessed it, go look at more MINIs. This one isn't for us though, we're checking it out for a friend. No, seriously. We are. I swear!

Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
casner
1st Gear
Mmmmmmmmmmmm......

Buttery paint...<drool>

Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
*squeal*...they are putting a glorious layer of buttery paint all over your baby today. Which of course is really just "marketing bait" to get you to go spend thou$ands in the DetailersParadise, Zaino, and Adams stores.

Go ahead <nudge>... we have.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:48 AM
SDMike
5th Gear

I figured I'd give Doug and DeeDee a rest until tomorrow... only because they are closed lol.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by SDMike
I figured I'd give Doug and DeeDee a rest until tomorrow... only because they are closed lol.
There is the recorded info that should have it, you don't always need to speak with someone .

Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM
SDMike
5th Gear
O RLY!?

/Reaches for phone

Estimated completion date 7/19/07

Last edited by SDMike; 07-15-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:25 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by SDMike
O RLY!?

/Reaches for phone

Estimated completion date 7/19/07
/winces

That'll be close, hopefully it will make it to the port in time to make the ship that should be scheduled to leave on the 23rd. I think it needs to be at the port by the 20th though.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:06 PM
shulin
1st Gear
/winces

That'll be close, hopefully it will make it to the port in time to make the ship that should be scheduled to leave on the 23rd. I think it needs to be at the port by the 20th though.
Yikes! Mine is scheduled to be birthed on the 19th as well. Any idea when the next ship might leave, if we miss the 23rd?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:18 PM
SimpsonGI
Are you on the West Coast? The West Coast is served by the VDC at Port Hueneme, CA. They only have one ship a week that heads there, it usually departs every Monday (however, last weeks ship, the Tristan, left on Tuesday). If you aren't on the West Coast, the ships are scheduled more frequently but you also stand a chance of getting on a K line or NYK ship in which case it isn't as easy to find out the ship name as it is with WW.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 PM
shulin
1st Gear
Neither coast - Texas!

Thanks for all the good info. How do you find out which ship you are on?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
I'll call tomorrow also. My last update last week gave me the date of the 15th for completion. So I should be doing the happy dance, right?

I was trying to get my Mini fix last night by cruising the Checkered Flag Mini dealership. They were suppose to be close, but they were delivering a car right at closing. The manager told us that they sold 9 Minis on Saturday. I believe he said 6 off the lot and 3 ordered, and my husband says he thinks it was the other way around. Either way, WOW!!!

The manager found it funny that we were cruising the Mini lot on a Saturday evening. He asked, "Don't you have anything better to do on a Saturday night than drive though the Mini lot." Uh, let me think about that for not even a split second. I replied with a really fast, "NO!!!". I was getting my fix.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:38 PM
SimpsonGI
Do you know which VDC serves you? I think it is the one in Charlestown, SC but I'm not positive. Your MA should be able to tell you if do not already know.

The easiest way to find out your ship name is if it gets booked on a WW ship. Go to the WW site http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do and click on Auto Cargo and enter your VIN. Usually, you'll be able to find your VIN listed approximately 3 days before your ship is scheduled to depart Southampton if it is going by WW. If it isn't then it gets trickier.

It could be going by K lines, here is their schedule http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf
or by NYK, their schedule page is here: http://www.nykline.com/servlet/com.i...heduleSearchPg

Unfortunately it is difficult to determine at times which ship it is on (except for WW) sometimes you have to do some deductive reasoning after looking through the OL. After the OL updates to En Route, it will list the ETA at the VDC in the Order Details page. You can then use the ETA for the VDC to determine which ship it is on. You can also contact your MA to find out which ship it is on but they sometimes will drag their feet in getting the information for you.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:55 AM
pennyw
2nd Gear
I just did my daily ASKMINI call, and I have a completion date of today!

I think we'll all be tracking ships very soon...

Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Gopher428
1st Gear
Awaiting Transport!

Well Alice was completed 7/14. I had been told she was scheduled to be complete on 7/15, but at some point on Friday that was bumped up to 7/14.

Today I called ASK MINI and spoke to a real person. Alice is at the port today waiting for a ship. I have tried searching for her VIN thru the WW site, but not listed yet.

I can't wait to know which ship she will be on and the date she will hit US soil

Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pennyw
I just did my daily ASKMINI call, and I have a completion date of today!

I think we'll all be tracking ships very soon...
Congrats!! Hooray! I hope Mike's is close behind yours. His cuticles are in terrible shape from all the nail-biting.

Originally Posted by Gopher428
Well Alice was completed 7/14. I had been told she was scheduled to be complete on 7/15, but at some point on Friday that was bumped up to 7/14.

Today I called ASK MINI and spoke to a real person. Alice is at the port today waiting for a ship. I have tried searching for her VIN thru the WW site, but not listed yet.

I can't wait to know which ship she will be on and the date she will hit US soil
WOOT! You're in the next phase of craziness and excitement....tracking the ship. Fortunately, SimpsonGI seems like a wiz at that and he's in our thread to help out.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
SimpsonGI
Congrats!! Hooray! I hope Mike's is close behind yours. His cuticles are in terrible shape from all the nail-biting.

WOOT! You're in the next phase of craziness and excitement....tracking the ship. Fortunately, SimpsonGI seems like a wiz at that and he's in our thread to help out.
I don't know about a wiz, but I think I've collected some knowledge with my experience. Yes, I'm willing to help however, I can, most of my experience is with WW but with the help of other week 26'ers I think I have a fairly accurate method. It is just a little bit more difficult and takes a little bit longer if it goes by one of the other carriers.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Gopher428
1st Gear
I just read on another thread that the next WW ship will not be in Southamton until 7/18.

I understand how to search for my VIN on the WW site.

How do you know if your mini will be transported on a different ship line? Is there a way to search for your VIN on the other lines as well?

Oh and thanks for your help SimpsonGI....you are our resident expert!

Last edited by Gopher428; 07-16-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 AM
SimpsonGI
Since my Mini did not go one of the other shipping lines I can't say for sure, but I believe you cannot search their sites by VIN. You have to determine it by a process of elimination. If it goes by WW, you should get a hit on the WW site approximately 3 days before the ship is due to depart. If it doesn't go by WW, we can make some educated deductions once your status changes to En Route in the OL. At that point it should show the ETA at the VDC. If we know which VDC serves your area we can look at the other shipping line schedules to determine the name of the ship. Also at this point (status of En Route), your MA should be able to tell you the ship name.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:26 AM
casner
1st Gear
Vehicle prosuction is complete and awaiting release to the carrier!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:36 AM
pennyw
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by casner
Vehicle production is complete and awaiting release to the carrier!
Mine too!!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Today's status -

Received at terminal---16/07/2007
Booked----------------30/05/2007

What's the deal with the booked date? 30/05/2007?

Last edited by Mini S Pilot; 07-17-2007 at 06:05 AM. Reason: change
Old 07-17-2007, 06:19 AM
SimpsonGI

Old 07-17-2007, 08:12 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
He'll be with you momentarily, Simpson.

He's a bit tired....lack of sleep is catching up with him. And now...I have the sickness too. I've been up since 3:45 this morning...restless.

I'll be glad once his new MINI arrives. Then when he tosses and turns and wakes me up...I can make him go out and sleep in his car.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:14 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
He'll be with you momentarily, Simpson.

He's a bit tired....lack of sleep is catching up with him. And now...I have the sickness too. I've been up since 3:45 this morning...restless.

I'll be glad once his new MINI arrives. Then when he tosses and turns and wakes me up...I can make him go out and sleep in his car.
Actually, it'll be a couple of mins before Mike "arrives" in the thread. He's on the phone with MINUSA again. :impatient

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Production Week 29 Support Group