R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Production Week 29 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SDMike
I cant see Tigs letting me buy another set for 3,000.00 LOL
Good call. You know me too well, baby.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
MX100
3rd Gear
Welcome MX100

Sounds sweet! Black is a pretty color.

I'm keeping my wheels from my R53, They are white, light weight, and after loading up the new one I cant see Tigs letting me buy another set for 3,000.00 LOL
haha! that reminds me of my girlfriend and I, she also drives a Cooper S, I remember when she found out the price of the new wheels I ordered, she gave me the longest stare ever!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:57 PM
SDMike
5th Gear
HA! Another smart man! Get a woman hooked on the same car so they can't roll thier eyes at more "Mods"

Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 AM
minikimme
2nd Gear
sorry double post

Sorry double post..opps!

Last edited by minikimme; 07-10-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
minikimme
2nd Gear
I think I am week 29?

Hi everyone! Here is my story.....grab a cup of joe as this could take awhile. LOl
First off let me introduce myself. My name is Kimme and I am an airforce wife living in Germany. I have never owned a mini and have driven the same Ford Focus for 7 1/2 years. However, I have been mini mad for years and years. Everytime I see one on the street I go nuts! This year for my birthday my husband surprised me with a trip to the mini dealorship. ( I think I'll keep him
I now have a production number and have been told the car will be built August 6th. I also have a delivery date estimate for August 27th. So what week does that put me in? I can't use the "owner's lounge" as this a US spec car not yet registered in the USA. I am little bummed as I had hoped to watch the build process online.
BTW, my mini is Chili red w/white roof and white stripes. Cold weather, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Conv pkg, LSd, Chrome, Alarm system, 17 inch crown spoke/white, Rear park assit (silly I know, but you haven't seen me drive. LOL). Soooo excited I can hardly stand it!!
I am so happy to meet you all and wish you the best with your new mini !!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:26 AM
pennyw
2nd Gear
This is so cool ... all the different colors and options we have going on in our production week! I love the fact that this little car can be made special for its owner I also think that the wait is part of the experience that makes us proud MINI owners!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 AM
minikimme
2nd Gear
opps! maybe I am not week 29? LOL

My week is August 6th. Would that be week 33? geez

Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
HA! Another smart man! Get a woman hooked on the same car so they can't roll thier eyes at more "Mods"
Oh reeeeally? Is that your logic, dear? Lemme share some of mine...chick-logic if you will. 1 mod for you, 2 mods for me, 1 mod for you, 2 mods for me, 1 mod for you, 3 mods for me. See how that works? You did this to me. Modmania is a sickness, it's highly contagious, and there is no known cure. I would call it an addiction, but addictions can be overcome and there are 12-step programs that work. I have yet to see a successful 12-step program for Modmania.

Originally Posted by minikimme
Hi everyone! Here is my story.....grab a cup of joe as this could take awhile. LOl
First off let me introduce myself. My name is Kimme and I am an airforce wife living in Germany. I have never owned a mini and have driven the same Ford Focus for 7 1/2 years. However, I have been mini mad for years and years. Everytime I see one on the street I go nuts! This year for my birthday my husband surprised me with a trip to the mini dealorship. ( I think I'll keep him
I now have a production number and have been told the car will be built August 6th. I also have a delivery date estimate for August 27th. So what week does that put me in? I can't use the "owner's lounge" as this a US spec car not yet registered in the USA. I am little bummed as I had hoped to watch the build process online.
BTW, my mini is Chili red w/white roof and white stripes. Cold weather, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Conv pkg, LSd, Chrome, Alarm system, 17 inch crown spoke/white, Rear park assit (silly I know, but you haven't seen me drive. LOL). Soooo excited I can hardly stand it!!
I am so happy to meet you all and wish you the best with your new mini !!
Welcome! Congrats on your order. Getting one for your birthday - that's very special indeed. As an aside - thanks to both your husband, and you, for your service and sacrifice as part of our Armed Forces.

Originally Posted by pennyw
This is so cool ... all the different colors and options we have going on in our production week! I love the fact that this little car can be made special for its owner I also think that the wait is part of the experience that makes us proud MINI owners!
Very rarely do I see 2 MINIs exactly alike in every way. Perhaps on the dealership lot, but they don't stay that way for long. You-ification is a wonderfully special thing!

Originally Posted by minikimme
My week is August 6th. Would that be week 33? geez
Hrmmm, I'm not sure. Your MA can't tell you what your Prod Week is? If I'm not mistaken (someone please help me out here), Prod Week is determined by the date the MINI will be finished, but this is the first of our 3 MINIs that we've custom ordered - so this part is all new to me.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 AM
SDMike
5th Gear
Our Motoring Advisor explained that the production week is the week it's started if I recall correctly. But yeah... this is all new to me too lol...

Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
pennyw
2nd Gear
Okay, just back from trading in my '05 MCS at MoSA. My MA pulled up my order (just placed yesterday), and it started production TODAY.
That doesn't mean I get kicked off this thread, does it?? I like you guys

Penny

Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
casner
1st Gear
In Production!

Just called 1-866-ASK-MINI and found out my MINI is in production! Completion date July 16.

Owner's Lounge where's my MINI still has me down as "On Order" so you may want to call to be sure.

YEAH!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
SDMike
5th Gear
Called 866-ASK-MINI too and was confirmed that mine is a Week 29 car but no Production Date information was available yet

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a Wednesday build!!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:23 AM
SDMike
5th Gear
BTW minikimmie... no matter what week your build is... we're here to support you through it so stick around!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 AM
SDMike
5th Gear
Pennyw Of course you shoudl stay here I want to hear all the details...

Did you pick a name yet? DOH.... Dusty... lol sorry I'm a space case because of the high ammount of MCOCD I am developing
Gonna get plates?

Last edited by SDMike; 07-10-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
So...the question is....will Mike sleep tonight, or spend the night surfing NAM and hit the "fresh" button to the Owner's Lounge?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 PM
SDMike
5th Gear
(click...sshh.... click...sshh.....click....sshh....click....sshh)

The sound of me hitting the button and sighing because it's not changing OR me in my sleep going through the gears of my R56 in my dream... Tigs will have to tell tomorrow...

Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM
casner
1st Gear
Update

The owner's lounge has updated! Scheduled for production!

I can't wait until morning to call and see where she is.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 AM
minikimme
2nd Gear
Thank you everyone!

Thank you to everyone for being so kind. Mini has made me feel like I have lost my mind....all I can think about is my little red mini. LOL:impatient

My MA is out for a few days so I am just stewing on the Prod week info.
All I know is it is being built August 6th. lOl I guess that should be enough. I am still bummed that I can't use the owner's lounge....wanted to read the owner's manual online. Oh well.

Side note for Tigwantstoplay. Thank you for your nice comments. With many people against the war we sometimes feel that we are not supported back home. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you believe in us.

I haven't thought of name yet....It is a 6 speed so maybe it should be a boy? LOL

Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 AM
SDMike
5th Gear
minikimmie trust us you're in good company! It's not that we've lost our mind... it's just our minds have temporarily been relocated to Oxford, England

Kinda stinks your MA is out till the 6th.

I tried to come up with a name for mine but nothing's coming.. I think I will have to wait until it arrives and I get to see his personality. All I know from the "ultrasound" (read build sheet) is that it is most certainly a boy!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:21 AM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
I might regret this..

But those of you waiting for R56 details.. You could "play along" with the assembly process by browsing through this site.. www.realoem.com and maybe this is a direct link for you.. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...3&mospid=50031

but now you can stay up even more and count all the M10 bolts used to make your MINI...

Enjoy

Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Gopher428
1st Gear
I'm here to join the wait

After admiring Mini's for several years, I finally took the plunge and ordered last Friday 7/06, from Classic Mini in Mentor Ohio. Anyone else from Ohio?

My Cooper is "in production" with a completion date of 7/15. I am so excited. I can't believe how fast everything is moving.

Alice (yes, she already has a name) is Chili Red with white roof & bonnet stripes. Cold Weather, Premium, and Sport Packages.Automatic transmission, Cloth leather Rooster red/black seats and rooster red color line
. Bridge-Spoke Rims, auto dimming rear view mirror, universal garage door opener and center arm rest.

This car is sweet!
I can't wait to drive her!

Last edited by Gopher428; 07-11-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
casner
1st Gear
Welcome!

Welcome Gopher! Alice sounds like a beauty.

I have yet to name mine...I think it will all come down to what she looks like when I see her.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
Welcome! Congrats on your order. Getting one for your birthday - that's very special indeed. As an aside - thanks to both your husband, and you, for your service and sacrifice as part of our Armed Forces.
Very nicely said tigwantstoplay! I couldn't agree more, THANK YOU

Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
Hrmmm, I'm not sure. Your MA can't tell you what your Prod Week is? If I'm not mistaken (someone please help me out here), Prod Week is determined by the date the MINI will be finished, but this is the first of our 3 MINIs that we've custom ordered - so this part is all new to me.
Correct, it is determined by the week it is scheduled to be completed.

Our Motoring Advisor explained that the production week is the week it's started if I recall correctly. But yeah... this is all new to me too lol...
See above comment.

If the car is scheduled to be completed on Aug 6th, then you'd be in week 31 as week 31 starts on Sunday Aug 5th. Or is it week 32 darn it, I have it written down at work and now I'm questioning myself . Yep, I just counted the weeks, it is week 32, not 31.

Last edited by SimpsonGI; 07-11-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
SDMike
5th Gear
Welcome Gopher... Alice sounds like a beauty! I like the CR/W combo but the wife already has the CR Cabrio... so.. I stuck with blue

Simpson you're making my head spin... I've talked twice to ASK MINI and they are telling me mine is a week 29 car but they don't show it having started production yet. :(

Old 07-11-2007, 09:46 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Simpson you're making my head spin... I've talked twice to ASK MINI and they are telling me mine is a week 29 car but they don't show it having started production yet. :(
I don't mean to do that . If they are saying you are in week 29 then your car should finish production next week. Week 29 is July 15th through the 21st. It should start production soon if it is in week 29. I thought the same as you originally posted, that the week was based on the start of production but I was quickly correct here on NAM. I was posting in the week 25 group and I was actually in the week 26 group.

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Production Week 29 Support Group