R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 Going to be a daddy (placed a cabrio order)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:28 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to be a daddy (placed a cabrio order)

Well, it's official, we placed an order for our second MINI. It's a Chilli Red Cabrio S with premium and sport packages. I think it will go nicely with my 2004 MCS DS/B... I'm happy to join the topless crew!! We don't have a production number yet. We should get that today. We placed this order through our local MINI dealer (Niello MINI) and had a great experience. This will be the second MINI that I've purchased from them! This is going to be the Mrs. MINI. It took me two years to talk her into a MINI. Now I just have to get her on NAM...

Any tips or suggestions from the current cabrio owners? Looking for top care or anything else.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Pteri
3rd Gear
Congrats and welcome to the topless motoring club! Did Niello give you a timeframe? Happily, mine arrived about a month early.

Having a tin-top and a cabrio is the best of both worlds!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Yeah, they gave me 10-12 weeks, but mentioned it could be earlier. They're suppose to send me my production number today. I have my 04 at the dealer for some service so I may be getting it back today so I'll ask them the number. It's been a while since I've tracked a MINI... I know MINI USA has changed shipping companies, so I'll have to start all over.... hahahaha

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully it gets here a little quick as we want to take advantage of the nice summer days!

Pteri - where did you order from?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Pteri
3rd Gear
I ordered mine from East Bay and at the time, MCCs had the fastest delivery rates, the MCSCs were a bit longer.

The TORTURE was the ship-Pt Hueneme-car carrier weeks! Aren't you excited to do that again!

Old 04-20-2006, 04:33 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Pteri
I ordered mine from East Bay and at the time, MCCs had the fastest delivery rates, the MCSCs were a bit longer.

The TORTURE was the ship-Pt Hueneme-car carrier weeks! Aren't you excited to do that again!
Kinda funny you should ask, I am very excited cause it will give me an opportunity update my thread, "how to track your MINI" on the GCM board. hopefully, I'll be able to update it. I'm sure there is a lot of info floating around. My MA said they've had a few Cabrio's come in up to a month early, but we'd know something once we get that production number...

Old 04-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats.....best present for your new Cabrio and the Mrs. is the wind blocker. I know they are a bit pricey, but well worth the money. We got a good deal on ours well over a year ago - not sure what they are going for now - We love being a 2 MINI family - the best of both worlds...

Donna

Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
alpinamike
5th Gear
Now all you have to do...

IS wait

it should not be long, and you will have your new baby

Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 AM
dukiebluedoc
1st Gear
welcome goldcountrymini
when you get a chance you might want to motor on over to the CROC
(Chili Red Owners Club) thread in Mini Talk and snag yourself a number--we need more ragtops in the CROC!

Caroline, who is still waiting for Rory the Red Ruler to arrive in AZ by truck--maybe next week...

Old 04-21-2006, 09:34 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Dukie - I sure did! I'm CROC #15. I guess I should add that to my signature!

Alpina - Yes, the waiting game! All those times that I could not sleep in anticipation when I ordered my 2004 MCS, it's all coming back again! At least during the day, I get in and drive my MINI... although it's at the dealer for service.

Donna/Mike - the wind blocker, is that the thing that goes in behind the front seats? Does it make that big of a difference? Also, can you remove it easily enough, we do have two kids that will ride in the back of the MINI at times!

Thanks for the warm comments. I can't wait for the cabrio to come in!!! It has been very nice in Northern CA and I want to motor with the top down!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Phurbahl
2nd Gear
Congrats GoldCCountryMini! The Cabrios are just now coming into season now that the rain has stopped. I look forward to seeing you around town sometime. I checked your forums a while ago but hadn't seen much activity. Will it be picking up activity again?

The Windblocker is a must for highway motoring without passengers. it really cuts down on the wind coming in from the back at higher speeds. You can install and remove at a moments notice. Only downside is it take space in the boot.

I have kids too and just got them some cheap BMX goggles. They make the rides with the top down actually enjoyable for them so if your's are younger I would recommend some of those as well. Lastly don't forget the sunscreen and a hat. My head is totally burned right now. I guess I don't have as much hair up there as I used too :-)

Old 04-21-2006, 12:47 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Phurbahl
Congrats GoldCCountryMini! The Cabrios are just now coming into season now that the rain has stopped. I look forward to seeing you around town sometime. I checked your forums a while ago but hadn't seen much activity. Will it be picking up activity again?

The Windblocker is a must for highway motoring without passengers. it really cuts down on the wind coming in from the back at higher speeds. You can install and remove at a moments notice. Only downside is it take space in the boot.

I have kids too and just got them some cheap BMX goggles. They make the rides with the top down actually enjoyable for them so if your's are younger I would recommend some of those as well. Lastly don't forget the sunscreen and a hat. My head is totally burned right now. I guess I don't have as much hair up there as I used too :-)
Yes, visor and hat's are needed in the cabrio. The Mrs. is on that mission right now, to find the right one!

Love the BMX idea... that's classic. Are you local in the Sacramento area? I don't think that we've met before. As for the GCM boards, they're coming right a long. not as much activity as NAM, but that's to be expected. Feel free to register and join the banter!

We'll pick up a windscreen as well... thanks for the tips everyone!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by goldcountrymini

Donna/Mike - the wind blocker, is that the thing that goes in behind the front seats? Does it make that big of a difference? Also, can you remove it easily enough, we do have two kids that will ride in the back of the MINI at times!

Thanks for the warm comments. I can't wait for the cabrio to come in!!! It has been very nice in Northern CA and I want to motor with the top down!
Yes - the placement is behind the front seats and yes - it makes a BIG difference. It is a piece of cake to remove and install. It folds up very nicely into it's own cover and will fit in the boot - no problem...

Donna

Old 04-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Well, you finally got me on NAM... Can't wait until my MINI gets here...

Old 04-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Swedish Fish
1st Gear
Hi
While Im waiting for My MINI. Im thinking I need to accessorize. Possibly some new sunglasses and clothes to match. Any excuse to go shopping.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Phurbahl
2nd Gear
Welcome!

According to my wife the accessorizing is the most fun. I find accessorizing the car to be the most fun (after driving it of course). Here's hoping your order is bumped up in priority and that the tradewinds are following your ship all the way to Port Hueneme!

Only fun times await but I hope it is not too hot here when you get your cabrio.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Phurbahl
Only fun times await but I hope it is not too hot here when you get your cabrio.
Don't worry, she won't let it affect her!!!

Originally Posted by swedish fish
Hi
While Im waiting for My MINI. Im thinking I need to accessorize. Possibly some new sunglasses and clothes to match. Any excuse to go shopping.
I don't think you need an excuse to go shopping, but now at least you'll have a fun Cabrio to do it in!! It's funny that you're planning the clothes and sunglasses and I'm trying thinking of the mods we can do. Didn't I hear that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, who said that again?