MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
anathema
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a 2006? I would assume so since the 2007s werent 'released' until Feb 17th..

WELCOME!!

Old 02-20-2007, 03:44 PM
tommy_zito
5th Gear
actually its a 2005. The car is used, but! it came with a 100K mile warnty instad of the the usuall 36K warnty. soo and the car only had 10K miles on it. I am the minis 2nd owner and i love the car to death!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 03:45 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Ordered an 07 Cooper S Sparkling Silver w/Red Lounge Leather. For now its name is just "The Mini" This is my second Mini, my first being a 1964 Austin Mini Cooper S. I've been waiting over a year to see the R56 before deciding on what to get.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Japic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chopperace
Ordered an 07 Cooper S Sparkling Silver w/Red Lounge Leather.

I think I saw an Identical R56 at Schomp this weekend, just sitting on the lot. She was a pretty car to be sure; and it sounds like the color/interior option is popular. I know of someone in UT who has the same combo on order.

Enjoy the new car when it gets here!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Japic
I think I saw an Identical R56 at Schomp this weekend, just sitting on the lot. She was a pretty car to be sure; and it sounds like the color/interior option is popular. I know of someone in UT who has the same combo on order.

Enjoy the new car when it gets here!
Yea, that's the one I was waiting to see. I think Mini sent one to about every dealer to showcase the new model. I was all set on the Dark Silver until I saw it

Old 03-04-2007, 12:28 PM
whee
1st Gear
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
1st
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
What options did you get on your MINI?
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?

Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 PM
whee
1st Gear
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
'Whee' in 2001, 'EG' in 2003
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
Whee and EG
WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Indigo Blue and White, Dove Grey and White
What options did you get on your MINI?
'Whee' heater, EG none
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
EG has upgraded brakes and wheels, otherwise stock. Whee is pretty modified.
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
Used
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
These are my 3rd and 4th. Learnt to drive in one.
WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
Mainly down south in Castle Rock, but in the summer anywhere from Broomfield to the Springs.
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
Autocross, mountain rides are good!
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
pscobie
Neutral
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Took delivery of my MCS 07 red/white yesterday, so I'll be waiving to you all in and around Denver sometime soon.
Patrick

Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 PM
kalvin90
Neutral
New MINI Owner

Hello fellow MINI drivers!
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? January 31, 2007
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Un-named...
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Blue
  • What options did you get on your MINI? All of them except the LSD
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? I hope to
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New, from Minneapolis Motorworks. I had them ship it out here.
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I think they are the coolest cars. I have wanted one for 10+ years now.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? SE Denver
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) - track days, mountain rides, autocross, weekend events.
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Put together events such as track days at Pueblo, mountain rides, autocross, etc...
  • and more.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
  • MINI's: I got my first MINI (PS/B 03 Cooper in July/Aug 05) and my new MINI (PW/B 06 Cooper S on Oct 12 06!)
  • Names: Empress (the white one)
  • Specs: The 06 has Premium, Cold, Sport, H/K, Piano Dash, Rear Fogs, Chrome Int, Chrono pack, and LSD, also added the aux input, euro shelf, glove box tidy, tint, boot organizer and rear saddlebags. The 03 has Premium/Cold/Sport and that's it, oh and tint, she's for sale.
  • Mods?: Plan on adding aero grills real soon (like when it gets warmer, whats up with the rain today?)
  • WHERE??: 03 was previously owned, 06 ordered from the factory, purchased at Classic in Ohio
  • WHY? They're small, they're unique, and they're cute (Yes, I said it)
  • What part of town?: Co Springs area
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Everything! Motoring, would love to do a driving school, (unfortunetely can't go to the dragon this year, but plan on next year), hanging out etc.
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Send me a sticker!
Hi, I'm Abbe, and I'm owned by 2 MINI's, 4 cats, 4 parrots and a husband (Justin). I'm 24 and in the Air Force at Peterson.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:45 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Brihyanna

to MINI Motoring in the Rockies. Give us an excuse to make a ride down to, about and around CS and we will do that. We have done the GOG, AFA, Cripple Creek, Pueblo, and other parts. We are always open to events and we have lots of members down there to join.

Keep an eye on our calendar right here in NAM....lots getting ready to happen.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Old 04-08-2007, 08:12 AM
cpartin
1st Gear
New mini owners

We purchased our Mini in December on ebay-- a bit scary. We flew to Eugene, OR the day after Christmas to pick it up. The first trip was down the coast to San Francisco and then home to Avondale, Colorado. Our second trip was to AMVIV. We had a great time and hope to meet more Colorado people at Mini in the Mountains. Our Mini is a chili red jcw and has a checkered swoop on the doors. You'll see us mainly in the Pueblo area but we can be spotted in the Denver area and around Salida.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
doctorcooper
Neutral
I hope to pick up a used MINI this week? Is there any 6' 6" drivers out there that have MINI'S? And one of my customers at (Elder Auto) he has the orignal purple mini don't know is name

Last edited by doctorcooper; 04-08-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: cause I can
Old 04-08-2007, 01:44 PM
rjtrout2000
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello to all. I purchased my mini cooper in January from Schomp and its been great ever since. His name is Otis and he is Pepper White with Black Stripes. You can see me up north in the Boulder and Broomfield region sportin' the holies!!

I am looking for someone who may have a stock S sway bar laying around smoewhere that they may want to part with. If anyone has this, just PM me! I'll gladly take it off your hands!

Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Japic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by doctorcooper
Is there any 6' 6" drivers out there that have MINI'S?

I'm not 6'6" but I'm close at 6'3". If you'r wondering if you'll fit I have two suggestions. One, make sure the seat you're in is ratcheted all the way down. Two, get a sunroof, it'll give you a few extra inches of headroom and won't make you feeel so crowded.

Welcome to all new MINI owners; drop by a 5280 meeting/event some time and get to know us.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Let us know

Originally Posted by doctorcooper
I hope to pick up a used MINI this week? Is there any 6' 6" drivers out there that have MINI'S? And one of my customers at (Elder Auto) he has the orignal purple mini don't know is name
Let us know when you get your MINI! Of course we'll be expecting the standard details (year, color, name, etc). Join MINI5280 for some rides, get-togethers, etc so that we can meet you and get a good look at your MINI in person. And if you buy a new or used MINI from Ralph Schomp MINI in Littleton, you can elect to get a free one year membership to MINI5280!
Rick

Last edited by pauhana; 04-09-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added Schomp
Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Welcome cpartin & rjtrout2000!

Welcome "cpartin" (who already joined MINI5280) and "rjtrout2000"! We're glad to have you and hope you'll join the members and friends of MINI5280 for rides (drives), get-togethers and fun. If you have any suggestions, ideas, etc., let us know. Watch the MINI5280 Event Calendar and MINI5280.org for upcoming events.
Rick

Old 04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
rjtrout2000
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I would've known it was free, I would've taken you up on that!!
At any rate, I am probably gonna run over to your meeting tomorrow night and see what its all about.

Originally Posted by pauhana
Let us know when you get your MINI! Of course we'll be expecting the standard details (year, color, name, etc). Join MINI5280 for some rides, get-togethers, etc so that we can meet you and get a good look at your MINI in person. And if you buy a new or used MINI from Ralph Schomp MINI in Littleton, you can elect to get a free one year membership to MINI5280!
Rick

Old 04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
ingrdo
1st Gear
So I figured it was about time I actually posted my info and got more involved. Here we go:

WHEN?
Hubby got his first in 2004; I got mine last October!
WHAT name? Hubby=Magpie, Mine=Tater (as in 'let 'er rip, tater chip!)
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? B/W and Orange
What options? Magpie bought used/standard; a bit of extra chrome on Tater, cup holder (of course!!)
Modifications? Magpie needs an Ipod dealio and the list of stuff for Tater grows daily. First, Harmon Kardon Ipod hook-up, custom paint, pulley, trailer (if I get into some art shows this year)
WHERE? Magpie used (place unknown); Tater-Ralph Schomp
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Need you really ask?!? Speed, cute!, didn't want to be outdone by hubby, handling, did I mention speed, and I look really good in it with the top down and shades on!!!
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Downtown Denver, roadtripping all over the state
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Track days, team events w/ CSP at Bandemere, weekend/weekend night events,
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? I don't know yet. I'll go to my first meeting tonight and see what I can do for them/they for me!!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Cole
Neutral
No Mini yet

Just been lurking around here thinking some day I might get one.

I am in the Denver area though and have an Audi S4. Actually went on the Yalla Yalla event a couple years ago with it.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Cole, it is time

there are lots of MINIs to be had - new and used at Schomp and used on the boards...let us know if you need some tips on finding one.

Thanks, and welcome.

JPS

Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
Oh, I've got a 2003 Cooper (Pure Silver/Black) for sale! :D (Shameless plug...)

Old 05-05-2007, 05:23 PM
lshelley
1st Gear
Hi everyone,
I'm not really new to NAM, but never have really introduced myself or provided any stats.
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? June 2006
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Daisy
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Chili Red with White top
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Comfort options
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Trailer hitch, sport bra, and daisy decals
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New, from Schomp,
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I love being a little different from everyone else, I like the looks of the Mini, and it's fun to drive
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Colorado Springs (around Falcon)
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) - weekend events
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Have more meetings on the south side of Denver so we can attend
Daisy and the Corgis

Old 05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Hello Daisy!

Glad to see you post. The NEXT MINI5280 event is Tuesday this week, 7 pm, up on the North side of town. See the MINI5280 calendar for full details.

You can find the calendar right here in NAM by looking in the left margin, clicking on Calendar, scroll down, choose MINI5280, then go to May. We are there as is the schedule.

See you Tuesday.

Jonathan

Old 05-12-2007, 08:42 PM
RockyMC40
3rd Gear
  • I got my mini on the 10th
  • Too early to name her but soon
  • Red body with the white top, the 40th anniversary edition
  • Bought it used so I didnt really get too choose but I got everything I needed
  • Mods yes
  • Bought my mini at Gebhardt Saab
  • Its exactly what I wanted, hatch, small, nimble and unique, and what seems to be a great community
  • Ill be seen crusing around DU and Centinnel
  • Id like to get involved in some track days as racing is my passion, autocross is also pretty fun. Im really up for anything including road trips to meets across the country.
  • Mini 5280 can introduce me to new people, and get me involved in the community that greatly encouraged me to buy this car.
  • I love anything that goes fast, im a kart racer, mountain bike, anything to get the adrenaline pumpin.
Really looking forward to meeting people in the mini world.

-Matt

Quick Reply: New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!