MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Panhead
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Club meeting

We came to the club meeting last night had a good time except for those Mooshy peas.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:18 PM
purplefreak60
3rd Gear
Last night was my first meeting and I enjoyed it. I'll definitely start attending regularly! Glad I didn't eat any of the yucky peas!

Old 03-15-2006, 08:28 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Mooshy peas

The color of the mooshy peas is hopefully not going to be offered with any new MINIs Besides, what would coordinate with mooshey peas?. Glad to meet you last night. It was one of the best-attended meetings in a long time and we didn't even give anything away for free! Can't wait for Vegas...

Old 03-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Panhead
1st Gear
I was trying to use the new graphics for my signature but I'm to dumb to figure it out.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Panhead
1st Gear
Not so Dumb after all.

Hey, I figured it out and I'm computer illiterate. Gee it helps if I follow directions. As a new member I was wondering when I get my secret decoder ring and learn the secret handshake. Or maybe a decal and membership card? Also I need a classic black mini for my picture. But Red is nice.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:54 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
MINI5280 has initiation rights

on the 1st Friday night of each month, at Midnite, up on Lookout Mountain.

Bring these things:
  • Your paddle
  • A black, indelible marker
  • Soothing Lotion, no alcohol
  • A sense of Humor
  • A cushion for the seat of your car
  • Perhaps a replacement driver
  • Some tissues
  • An MD appointment the next day so they can treat your welts
Any more questions????

JPS

Old 03-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Panhead
1st Gear
Initiation rites

I don't have any more questions. You all wait for me On LookOut Mountain I may be running late but just wait.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Punkin Donuts
2nd Gear
I just arrived home with the newest member of the family.

Please say hello to Stay Puft.

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
Sat, May 6, 2006

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
Stay Puft (as in marshmallows, from Ghostbusters)

WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
PW/PW

What options did you get on your MINI?
Packages #1, #2, #3, sunroof, leather, HK.

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
Yep! First up, 15% pulley & a short shifter.

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
Used. I found him on eBay at Park Place Mercedes in Dallas, TX. I drove Stay Puft 14 hours for our "get to know you" ride.

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
I've wanted one for a while, and finally decided to take the plunge.

WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
Downtown Denver (home), and Broomfield, CO (work)

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in?
I'm always down for road trips to anywhere, and I'd love to attend some tech events (even though I'm not too mechanically inclined, I figure it's never too late to learn. )

Old 05-09-2006, 03:43 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Welcome!

I've heard that PW/PW is a rare combination! As far as I know, you're the first in MINI5280. I've seen one lately, but it's not an S. Again, welcome and we'll see you on our next events and rides!
Rick

Old 05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm joining in anticipation

Hello all,
Though not officially a MINI owner yet, I have found out that a boat ride and some road miles are all that separate me from this distinction. My MINI is built (5/15/06) and sitting on the docks. I'm assuming it will come via California. Bought it through Ralph Schomp on April 22 and they have said that once loaded on to the ship it will be about six weeks before it arrives.

We bought the following:

Chili Red Body Color w/Black Top
Chrome Line Exterior w/Chrome Mirror Caps and Hinges
Cloth seats - Space Gray
Interior Surfaces Chili Red
Heated Front Seats, Heated Side Mirrors and Washer Jets
Chrome Line Interior
Automatic AC
On-Board Computer
3-Spoke w/Cruise and Multifunction
8-Spkr. Harman Kardon Sound System
Center Arm Rest
CVT Automatic
Dynamic Stability Control
16" 5-Stars (Performance Run Flats)
Front Fog Lamps and Rear Fog Lamp
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
Park Distance Control

I will be sending in my check for membership soon (never really joined anything before). I must be breaking out of my shell - MINI effect?

CAM

BTW - If anyone has any comments or suggestions about the Run-Flat Performance tires let me know. I don't think they will be good for winter round these parts.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:12 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Ms. Maybee!

MINI5280 and the MINI community welcome you. Runflats are not a problem, lost of us got them. They are not really a track tire if you intend to do that, but the are good for everything else. Depending how you drive, they may or may not give good miles. I don't know many who replace them with other runflats, most of us go aftermarket as there are lots of choices.

Please check the MitM MINIs in the Mountains section right here in NAM. We have a few days of Motoring in the Mountains, right before school starts in the fall. Please join us at Copper Mtn.

See you around the neighborhood!

Jonathan Souza

JPS

Old 05-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Shazam's white lightning
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pauhana
I've heard that PW/PW is a rare combination! As far as I know, you're the first in MINI5280. I've seen one lately, but it's not an S. Again, welcome and we'll see you on our next events and rides!
Rick
Rick-

I brought Shazam into the club 2 years ago. She's PW/PW and I hadn't seen her double in the state until about 10 mos ago when I was at a McDonald's drive-thru on Colfax

I know under all of her Union Jack stripe-age, it's hard to tell what she was born as...

There's about 4 S-Coops PW/PW now in Colorado. Any others are basic Coopers

Geez, where's my props?

Punkin- Stay Puft is sexay, if I haven't said it before

Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Here are your props

[FONT='Times New Roman'] JPS [/FONT]

Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Shazam's white lightning
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
[FONT='Times New Roman'] JPS [/FONT]
If I can duct-tape that next to the exhaust, could I get it to spin really cool-like when I drive?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
I have a better idea

We can install a trailer hitch to your MINI. Then, when I am in OK this summer, I will get you one of those cool trailer hitch covers that is a boat propeller, chromed. They have lots of boats down there.

That, or I can get you one of those rubber, uh, scrxxxxm sort of things that just hangs there and swings back and forth when you drive. Trust me, they get lots of attention.

JPS

Old 06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Brigitte Palinkx
Neutral
Hello All My Name is Brigitte and I am a new Mini Owner!! We just purcharsed our gal in May 06- She is a 2004 cooper, red with white top and sunroof -she is babalicous! I thought I wanted a convertable bug till I test drove the Mini! I can tell you I know nothing about them, except that I am now hooked and completely in love That hopefully answers the questions about upgrades and modifications- I just learned a few weeks ago there are 2 different styles We are game for doing anything that includes FUN. We are hopeing the club will get us learned in the ways of the Mini. You will see me, the hubby, Shane, and the youngins Peyton (g/4ys) and Connor (b/22mths) crusing through the streets of Highlands Ranch and the southwest side Denver. As of yet we have no name for her, but if my daughter has her way she will be called Cinderella! Can't wait to start meeting all of you!

Old 06-30-2006, 08:42 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Brigitte

The Allstate MINI Motorers (AMM) welcome you! This includes:
  • Myself
  • Nick
  • Kathy C
  • Rich B
  • Mike H
  • Monroe L
and soon to be more. Maybe we will get the HO to take a pic of us all together...for publicity.

See you out there motoring. Keep an eye on the 5280 calendar in NAM...

JPS

Old 07-28-2006, 03:03 PM
ingrdo
1st Gear

w/ '03 Mini named Magpie because, well, she is black and white like a magpie. However, in October she will have a sister. Name to be determined by personality (of course) and custom color (yet to be decided, but OF COURSE!). My husband will have his ('03) returned to him and I will have a Cooper S convertible!! Very exciting!! Ian (he's the hubby) and I will be in MITN along with my dad who's tagging along because he's here to go w/ us to the Grand Prix.

I'm open to doing anything (HEY!! not that way) with NAM. Definitely into short and long road trips, meetings, charity events, etc, etc.

I'm hoping that NAM folks can help recommend a couple of places for a custom paint job. I like the metallic orange but I need something that is a little more unique. Something to match my personality more-fiery, quirky, funny (haha funny, not woohoo funny), spontaneous, speed freak, etc.

Hope to meet many of you in a couple of weeks!
Ingrid

Old 07-28-2006, 05:27 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM, MINI5280 and Motoring!

Glad to know that you are planning on MITM. A few notes:
  • Please be sure to register for MITM (basic is still open) before August 7th. Registration closes just before the event.
  • Be sure that you have RSVP'd for lodging at CMR Copper Mtn Resort by August 6th too. Then it closes. In our MITM forums on your left, there is a link for 'lodging' to use. Use the toll free number and the MITM discount code.
  • Be sure to RSVP in the NAM store for both the Friday Sponsors Dinner (Ralph Schomp MINI) and the Saturday Vendors Dinner (all of them listed on the right) so that you can join us. There will be NO dinner tickets sold at the door. All of the giveaways, prizes, drawings and raffles will be done at both dinners on Friday and Saturday. Also, that is where you will meet and hear from the vendors, sponsors, hosts and other guests. It is critical that you RSVP for the dinners since there are no last minute arrangements available.
  • Be sure to order your MITM cap (picture in the MITM threads) now. Half of the supply is sold...when they are gone, they are gone!
  • Plan to join us for as many rides as you can. You will easily make the GP on Sunday....in plenty of time. Even with a quick ride back down the Western Dragon, it will be fine.
Glad to have you in, see you at Copper!

Jonathan

Old 08-26-2006, 07:49 PM
mini2di4
2nd Gear
Hello!
I am a new mini owner, bought my 2004 MCS from Ralph Schomp on 7/25/06. Her name is "Trixie" which means "to bring joy"....thought that fit her well. She has all the options except navigation and the cold weather package. I recently had bonnet stripes added and they look great! I joined 5280 to meet new people that share a love of the mini and to learn more about my car. I will be attending my first meeting in September. My mini can be seen everywhere....I live in southwest Denver, work in the DTC, hang out downtown and have friends in Boulder so I'm driving all over! I fell in love with the mini at first sight, the cute factor. When I finally test drove mine I bought it on the spot!! I'm looking forward to learning more about the mini!!

Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Lerzard
1st Gear
Welcome!

Welcome!

We'll look forward to seeing you at the next MINI5280.org meeting. We're a great bunch, you'll see.

Glad you're enjoying your MINI, we live in a perfect MINI environment imho. I smile when I drive every day.

Laurie

Just noticed I need to update my profile with all of the doo-dads I had added at MITM!!

Old 08-27-2006, 08:44 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome 2di4!

I am sure you will find us and be able to join us soon. Note that:
  • www.MINI5280.org is the best place to start
  • Also in NAM be sure to watch both the MINI5280 and Rocky Mtn Forums
  • Also in NAM be sure to watch our event Calendar (left margin, click on calendar, scroll down, JUMP to MINI5280, there we are and our events)
Upcoming events you may wish to join are:
  • The Colorado Conclave www.coloradoconclave.com on September 16 adn 17. On the 16th is the Ride the Rockies driving event, on the 17th is the Concours, big fun. Over 500 British cars, bikes and trucks. Check the site, sign up in advance, join us either or both days.
  • 6th Annual MINI5280 Yalla Yalla. October 1, a big scavenger hunt, musical interlude, fun event all in one. See details at MINI5280 site.
  • We just finished our MITM MINIs in the Mountains event on August 10-13
  • We just finished our MTTS MINI takes the States event yesterday
Contact club President Rick Gonzales at Info@MINI5280.org with other questions. You can use PayPal for your dues.....see the info in our site.

Thanks, see you out there!

Jonathan

Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Our MINI should be in around the middle of October.

Name: Merlin
MCS
HB/W
Anthracite dash
Space Blue Panther Black cloth seats
Exterior chrome package including mirror caps
Premium Package
Auto A/C
Sports Package sans stripes
Cold weather package
Chrono dash Package
Plain white sunroof decal
Clear Bra
Tinted windows
Window sunshade
Standard MINI rubber front and boot floor matts

DYI Mods purchased
PIAA 540 driving lights
Garmin C330 GPS

Planned Mods by Webb Motorsports
15% Alta pulley
Webb designed CAI
Possible 22mm rear sway bar at the soft setting

Should I do the Webb modifications before or after the break in period?
I plan on oil & filter changes at 1,000 and 3,000 miles.

I am 59 and my wife is 54. We own and operate a portrait studio in Edgewater. We love hiking and snowshoeing our great Rocky Mountains. We are both natives of Colorado. Our other baby is an 1988 Suzuki Samuria. We like Small.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:04 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Blue!

You are certainly up late....posting.

See my note to 2di4 below. You are welcome and invited to join our events, MINI or not. The Conclave, up in your area of town, is great fun as in the Yalla Yalla.

Please break in your MINI before Webb does their magic. That way you will not be tempted to do something....ill-advised. You can always schedule them in advance, then take a nice trip to the Mtns to get your mileage in. Albuquerque and back, via back roads, is about the mileage you need if you make a side trip to El Paso.

Welcome to MINI Motoring...

Jonathan

Old 09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Toan
Neutral
I just got and 02 a few months ago. Just thought I ought to say hi.

Quick Reply: New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!