Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

Sun. Aug 3rd - Bucks County PA - Covered Bridges Tour, Twist

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Hai_Le
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For people coming and wanting to check other interesting things in the area check this link. http://www.musikfest.org.
Hopefully will have already been in Bethlehem for quoted fest. Am told it's quite fun and worth one's time.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:28 PM
HARMINI
5th Gear
>>Do not forget to contact Don Rosen and maybe Helix motosports for donations. For people coming and wanting to check other interesting things in the area check this link. http://www.musikfest.org. Looks like it will be a great run. John and Leslie :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks for the musikfest link. Another idea for out-of-towners, you might just want to spend some time wandering around New Hope with it's colorful shops and specialty stores. It's a fun place!!

No offense J&L, but I don't plan on contacting Don Rosen. Since they contacted me, I'll let Otto's be our MINI sponsor for the day. Those guys have had a hell of time getting their MINI dealership up and going and could use a fun day out with the masses.

I'll invite Eric from Helix to come, but I don't think he has much to donate except a pile of used stock pulleys. He's a sweetheart and I'm sure everyone would love to see all the goodies he's put on his shop EB. There will be some Helix modded cars in attendance, too. Look for Dan's IB/W Cooper. Awesome!!!

Old 07-12-2003, 05:57 AM
indigobleu
Neutral
Help;, new owner and still looking for full infor on the covered bridge tour. I think my husband and I would love to join, but couldn't find the full details. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2003, 06:21 AM
LaughScott
2nd Gear
Hey Indigo!

The full details haven't been posted yet. HARMINI is working through the final logistics this week-end (meeting place, lunch place, routing, etc.) and will be posting it shortly.

Just put the date on your calendar. We'll probably start late morning, and believe the meeting place will be Tinicum Park north of New Hope, but will definately give you all the details beforehand!

Welcome!!!

Scott

Old 07-12-2003, 07:43 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
Welcome to MCO indigobleu

Scott is correct, full details will be posted very soon. I will edit the first post of this thread with all pertinent information, including directions and itinerary early next week.

I hope you'll be able to join us.

Old 07-12-2003, 07:59 AM
ubelewis
Neutral
SWEET!!!!! This sounds like a killer ride HARMINI! I live in Upper Black Eddy and I know those roads like the back of my hand. It would be awsome to cruse around our wonderful roads with some other Mini's. I've seen a couple in the area but have yet to meet any of the drivers. If I could mention a great place to stop for lunch it would be the Homestead General Store. Located just off of River Road in UBE. (I have to admit I'm partial to this wonderful store/deli that's located on the Delaware Canal because it's owned by my parents) But it's still a wonderfull store. You've got my eyes open with this one, can't wait for the day!!!!

Old 07-12-2003, 08:15 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
>>SWEET!!!!! This sounds like a killer ride HARMINI! I live in Upper Black Eddy and I know those roads like the back of my hand. It would be awsome to cruse around our wonderful roads with some other Mini's. I've seen a couple in the area but have yet to meet any of the drivers. If I could mention a great place to stop for lunch it would be the Homestead General Store. Located just off of River Road in UBE. (I have to admit I'm partial to this wonderful store/deli that's located on the Delaware Canal because it's owned by my parents) But it's still a wonderfull store. You've got my eyes open with this one, can't wait for the day!!!!

Welcome to MCO ubelewis

It will be great to have you join us on the 3rd. I've sent you a PM with some questions.

Cheers,
Kim

Old 07-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
OK ... ubelewis this is too weird if I am thinking of the right place. I am almost 150% sure it is... If it is a left off of River Road onto Bridgeton Hill / Marienstein Rd you are going to love this.. WOW!

I am actually helping Kim with this route based on a route that I have planned for my other car club. I am thinking of the right place. This is a VERY Charming place with a patio that faces the canal and ICE CREAM.. <YUM MOOSE TRACKS>

Tomorrow will make the 4th time we have been there in the past 3 weeks! Again if I am correct, my friend talked to you about your MINI while you were going into the store a couple of weeks ago. The Homestead General Store is already a planned stop for my drive <different car>.. Of course with Kim's drive it is totally 100% up to her.

We will be at the place I am thinking of tomorrow around 2:00 or so.. Your profile does not have email which I understand so if you are not around tomorrow and want us to contact you regarding this you can email me at hothatchpa@yahoo.com and I will fw to Kim.

Thanks,

Craig

"If I could mention a great place to stop for lunch it would be the Homestead General Store. Located just off of River Road in UBE. (I have to admit I'm partial to this wonderful store/deli that's located on the Delaware Canal because it's owned by my parents) But it's still a wonderfull store. You've got my eyes open with this one, can't wait for the day!!!!"

Old 07-12-2003, 09:08 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
I LOVE!!! synchronicity. I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow, but the heck are moose tracks?

Old 07-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
>>I LOVE!!! synchronicity. I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow, but the heck are moose tracks?

Vanilla ice cream chock full of tiny whole peanut butter cups and swirled throughout with fudge.

DANGEROUSLY ADDICTIVE.

3 stops so far
1 tomorrow
1 on the 19th <my drive>
1 on 3rd possibly for your drive..

Old 07-12-2003, 02:40 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
I just realized that I really DO have to try to make this...all bets aside the 3rd is my MINI's 1 year birthday with me! A drive would be a great way to celebrate!

Old 07-12-2003, 02:49 PM
HARMINI
5th Gear
>>I just realized that I really DO have to try to make this...all bets aside the 3rd is my MINI's 1 year birthday with me! A drive would be a great way to celebrate!

YAY!!!! The L.Minimobile is turning ONE!!! How many miles so far?

Old 07-13-2003, 06:57 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Ummm....15,995. As of right now. :smile:

Old 07-13-2003, 08:55 PM
HARMINI
5th Gear

I just spent the whole day motoring around Bucks County with four of the nicest guys I've ever met. Craig (Pocket_Rocket) took us through a route that he's planned for another car club and we went from covered bridge to covered bridge via some of the most beautiful scenic, twisty roads I've ever traveled.

In the next couple of days, I will finalize the plans and update my original post on page #1. In the meantime, here's a little preview of what you will be seeing on the 3rd.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:58 AM
HARMINI
5th Gear
I just updated my signature with a photo that LaughScott took just outside of the last covered bridge on the route. Thanks Scott!!

Old 07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
LaughScott
2nd Gear
I am honored to be the creative eye behind HARMINI's new lexicon!!!!

Oh My God!!! The routes that we have mapped out for everyone on the Covered Bridge Tour are SPIRITUAL!!! My Zoe only has 400 miles on her, and I was a bit nervous, driving around those roads during the break-in period, but......

She was just screaming to have me push her 'round those twisties, and to shine under a beautiful sunny summer day for the cameras!!! It's not a hard ride at all, but the scenery is stupendous!

YOU JUST HAVE TO COME!!!! 7-8 Covered Bridges, a lovely Country Store, more turns than you've driven to date, all in 1 day!

Just to whet your appetites, as you can see, you can fit two MINIs through a 1-lane Covered Bridge!!!

Send a note to HARMINI, post here on the thread, get your butts out to Bucks County on 3 August! I was born and raised in Bucks County, and half of this trip were new roads for me!!!

Motoring has a whole new meaning!

Scott

Old 07-14-2003, 01:52 PM
LaughScott
2nd Gear
OK,

Didn't seem to get the photo through, so let's try this again.

Scott

Old 07-14-2003, 01:56 PM
jwtucker
3rd Gear
YOU JUST HAVE TO COME!!!! 7-8 Covered Bridges, a lovely Country Store, more turns than you've driven to date, all in 1 day!
Well, more turns than you've driven to date, unless of course, you attended the Deals Gap Rally! I don't think the entire state of PA has enough turns to compare with the Dragon!

At any rate, this sounds like a ton of fun and I hope I can make it! I mentioned it to a buddy of mine also, and hopefully he'll be able to show up... not a MINI, but he does drive a classic Lancia Fulvia wich is a very groovy car also...

Old 07-14-2003, 02:21 PM
MFC
2nd Gear
Has the location of this event been decided yet? I'm all for a run, and I know a guy in Yardley with a classic mini that might even be interested. i'll keep an eye out here for the place and time!
=mfc

Old 07-14-2003, 03:28 PM
LaughScott
2nd Gear
OK Jason,

Definately NOT as many twisties as Deal's Gap, but hey, I was trying to drum up excitement, so let's just say....

As many twisties as your little MINIs can muster, with room left over for Ice Cream! Either way, it really is a beautiful run.

MFC, HARMINI is still working through the logistics, so I'll let her post the final agenda, times, etc., but we are 99% certain to be meeting at Washington Crossings State Park, which is 1 town North of Yardley.

Cheers.

Scott

Old 07-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Fprodget
1st Gear
This sounds like a fun drive. Count me in with a passenger or two.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:26 PM
HARMINI
5th Gear
I am holding off on announcing the meeting place as I need to confirm that Washington Crossing park will be open for us to use the restrooms on the morning of the 3rd. Their website says that the park opens at noon on Sundays, but I will call tomorrow to be sure. We were going to meet at a commuter parking area just off I-95, but there are no facilities. Where do people pee in Bucks County??

Old 07-14-2003, 08:16 PM
dandp
6th Gear
harmini - you're new sig is awesome! Kudos to LaughScott on his work...

And my IB/W should be restored to "non-collision" condition for the meet...

Old 07-14-2003, 08:26 PM
HARMINI
5th Gear
dandp, your car looks awesome EVEN in less than perfect shape. Hope you're pleased with the quality of the bodywork. See you on the 3rd!!!

Old 07-14-2003, 08:27 PM
minibill
3rd Gear
Will try to make the trip to Bucks County from Baltimore.
Bill
Mona Cooper

Quick Reply: Sun. Aug 3rd - Bucks County PA - Covered Bridges Tour, Twist