General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your mini today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Roxspin72
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all today, but in the past few weeks I've upgraded Tires, Torque Link, RSB, and new Methanol Tank. And since my Methanol set up is up and running: 100% Meth on Manic Stage II Plus I've decided it was time for a little face lift:

What did you do to your mini today?-fullsizerender.jpg

Old 03-25-2015, 05:31 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
So I got new rims and tires and it will be interesting to see what it looks like...needed the new tires since my one tire went flat and the other three were bald like me...i have an 06 space blue checkmate s jcw and i decided to get some gold Sparco rims wrapped in Michelin Pilor Sport AS3 rubber suppose to be the best all season tire on the market so well see how it looks wanted something different and i couldn't find that set up online to see what it would look like before ordering everything...im excited...way over due for some mods...its been almost a year lol

Old 03-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ccccPUNISHER
So I got new rims and tires and it will be interesting to see what it looks like...needed the new tires since my one tire went flat and the other three were bald like me...i have an 06 space blue checkmate s jcw and i decided to get some gold Sparco rims wrapped in Michelin Pilor Sport AS3 rubber suppose to be the best all season tire on the market so well see how it looks wanted something different and i couldn't find that set up online to see what it would look like before ordering everything...im excited...way over due for some mods...its been almost a year lol
OVER A YEAR! You are really slacking, as always it hasn't happened until we see pictures haha!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:15 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Pictures will be posted as soon as it gets installed...ordered everything and i was told it should arrive by friday so pics are pending...i could send you a pic of my bald head lol i did slam the mini with some M7 springs, H sport adjustable rear sway bar, polyurethane control arm bushings and front sway bar bushing, also added M7 16% pulley, ATI crank pulley, M7 front sway bar...those were the last mods last year...;-)

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-forumrunner_20150325_201419.jpg  
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
Pictures will be posted as soon as it gets installed...ordered everything and i was told it should arrive by friday so pics are pending...i could send you a pic of my bald head lol i did slam the mini with some M7 springs, H sport adjustable rear sway bar, polyurethane control arm bushings and front sway bar bushing, also added M7 16% pulley, ATI crank pulley, M7 front sway bar...those were the last mods last year...;-)
Right or left? Sounds like a sweet little car!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:41 PM
RDY4TKF
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you get the Sparco's at TireRack? Their price is very tempting.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:49 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
I actually went to Discount Tire the guy ordered them from tire rack for me since he couldnt get them anywhere else and he had to order the tires from one of his other stores but Discount tire price matches tire rack so they price matched tire racks total with mounting and balancing and didnt charge me to transfer the TPMS sensors over which was nice. I had to put a deposit down when it arrives friday ill pay the difference and be on ny way with some new rims and tires...pretty excited about it. should look cool space blue and silver go with gold i think it will look cool i like the Sparco rims my buddy has the lime green and for the 115 dollars a rim on tire rack you really cant go wrong.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:16 PM
808keith
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Replaced ITG filter cuz well... There's nothing left of it... Supposed to be foam there....

Running amsoil one now

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-image-2197753075.jpg  
Old 03-25-2015, 11:12 PM
SquamishDroc
2nd Gear
Oil change and a new set of BFG Sport Comp 2's installed today!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:15 AM
spingq
4th Gear
Started installing all my JCW Aerokit parts that i picked up from paint yesterday. So far, I can confirm that the JCW Aerokit II WILL fit on a 2013 LCI, even though they aren't listed under Mini's official application guides. You still need to get the conversion kit in oder to fit it, but that's no different than any other model since 2010. I believe the reason Mini doesn't officially support the installation of the JCW Aerokit II on 2013 models is because between 2012 and 2013 was when the EU regulations for pedestrian safety went into effect, which required Mini to add the lower cross bar on the bumper carrier. Usually when new safety regulations go into effect, there is a date which manufacturers are required to adhere to the new standards. In using the conversion kit to fit the older style front bumper, the car would no longer meet the safety regulations, which would technically be an infraction if the vehicle was produced after the regulation went into effect.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your mini today?-brg-mini-bumper-off.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-brg-mini-brake-air-holes.jpg   What did you do to your mini today?-brg-mini-painted-jcw-parts.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 03:39 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I actually went to Discount Tire the guy ordered them from tire rack for me since he couldnt get them anywhere else and he had to order the tires from one of his other stores but Discount tire price matches tire rack so they price matched tire racks total with mounting and balancing and didnt charge me to transfer the TPMS sensors over which was nice. I had to put a deposit down when it arrives friday ill pay the difference and be on ny way with some new rims and tires...pretty excited about it. should look cool space blue and silver go with gold i think it will look cool i like the Sparco rims my buddy has the lime green and for the 115 dollars a rim on tire rack you really cant go wrong.
What size rims did you get for your car? And, please post pictures. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:28 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Originally Posted by spingq
Started installing all my JCW Aerokit parts that i picked up from paint yesterday. So far, I can confirm that the JCW Aerokit II WILL fit on a 2013 LCI, even though they aren't listed under Mini's official application guides. You still need to get the conversion kit in oder to fit it, but that's no different than any other model since 2010. I believe the reason Mini doesn't officially support the installation of the JCW Aerokit II on 2013 models is because between 2012 and 2013 was when the EU regulations for pedestrian safety went into effect, which required Mini to add the lower cross bar on the bumper carrier. Usually when new safety regulations go into effect, there is a date which manufacturers are required to adhere to the new standards. In using the conversion kit to fit the older style front bumper, the car would no longer meet the safety regulations, which would technically be an infraction if the vehicle was produced after the regulation went into effect.

That's awesome. Thanks for the update. Was worried that this would not work because a change in the crash bar structure on the newer MINIs.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-26-2015, 05:54 AM
York
1st Gear
Replaced the vacuum pump.

What did you do to your mini today?-image-1376291296.jpg

Old 03-26-2015, 06:07 AM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mini coop

What size rims did you get for your car? And, please post pictures. Thanks.
I went with the 17inch Sparco Assetto Gara rims in gold. i believe the rim is a 17x7 and weighs in around 18.? pounds which is pretty light compared to stock and for 115$ per rim i could not pass on that deal...i wanted something that would stand out...originally i was going to get the RSE05 but for the 2 pound weight savings per corner and the extra 135$ per rim i just could not justify that...ill post pics as soon as its installed shiuld get a call either today or tomorrow.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
I went with the 17inch Sparco Assetto Gara rims in gold. i believe the rim is a 17x7 and weighs in around 18.? pounds which is pretty light compared to stock and for 115$ per rim i could not pass on that deal...i wanted something that would stand out...originally i was going to get the RSE05 but for the 2 pound weight savings per corner and the extra 135$ per rim i just could not justify that...ill post pics as soon as its installed shiuld get a call either today or tomorrow.
Green with gold rims has always been a favorite color combo of mine. Post pics

Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lucky! My kit is still getting painted, so I haven't been able to get it on yet, plus the roads here are still really sandy from the winter time, so I wanted to wait a bit. Good to hear it all fits though!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:47 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What did you do to your mini today?-image-2073662308.jpg

Added the roof rack and bike trays finally...

Old 03-26-2015, 12:52 PM
spingq
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
That's awesome. Thanks for the update. Was worried that this would not work because a change in the crash bar structure on the newer MINIs.
Yeah I was definitely nervous getting the front end painted before I was sure it would work since there's pretty much no definitive answer out there as to whether a JCW II kit would fit a 2013 LCI. Turns out the conversion kit crash bar bolts right up to the stock anchor points. The crush tubes that come with the kit appear to be exactly the same as what's already on the vehicle, but the ones already there don't quite line up to the mounting locations on the bottom of the new bumper carrier. It seems to me these crush tubes are meant to be tightened after bolting the bumper carrier on, so they conform to the mounting location. They are actually a very loose fit until fully tightened, at which point they compress. The bolts that hold them on are huge and covered in thread lock, so they're a pain to remove and replace. I have a feeling I could have just loosens the old ones, bolted the carrier on and retightened, and that would work, but I figured I might as well swap them out fully since they are part of the kit. By any chance, do you have the installation pdf for this kit? My dealer didn't have it for some reason.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Stinch
3rd Gear
Got the headliner back in after removing it to chase down a leaking windshield. Before installing it, cleaned it with a mild solution of Woolite (about 1:20). Focused on a couple of localized stains then sprayed the entire headliner fabric with a handheld spray bottle. Gently wiped it down and let it dry. Came out great and all the water stains are gone.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:35 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Yeah I was definitely nervous getting the front end painted before I was sure it would work since there's pretty much no definitive answer out there as to whether a JCW II kit would fit a 2013 LCI. Turns out the conversion kit crash bar bolts right up to the stock anchor points. The crush tubes that come with the kit appear to be exactly the same as what's already on the vehicle, but the ones already there don't quite line up to the mounting locations on the bottom of the new bumper carrier. It seems to me these crush tubes are meant to be tightened after bolting the bumper carrier on, so they conform to the mounting location. They are actually a very loose fit until fully tightened, at which point they compress. The bolts that hold them on are huge and covered in thread lock, so they're a pain to remove and replace. I have a feeling I could have just loosens the old ones, bolted the carrier on and retightened, and that would work, but I figured I might as well swap them out fully since they are part of the kit. By any chance, do you have the installation pdf for this kit? My dealer didn't have it for some reason.

Thanks again on the install info.

JCW Aero I version, almost the same. Just has the 51192153998 front brake duct kit.

JCW Aero I Install Kit :

&

JCW Aero Brake Duct Kit

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/51192153998/

Install PDF front JCW Aero I and JCW Aero II ( stock) bumper.

Here is the conversion kit #2 install JCW Aero II R56 2011+ ( its at the bottom of the thread attached ).

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t-spoiler.html

Thats everything i could find.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-26-2015, 03:30 PM
spingq
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Thanks again on the install info.

Here is the conversion kit #2 install JCW Aero II R56 2011+ ( its at the bottom of the thread attached ).

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t-spoiler.html

Thats everything i could find.
thanks - thats actually the same pdf my dealer came up with, which is just the full JCW kit install. there's only one instruction for the conversion kit in there, and it just says "fit front bumper support BA and front bumper mount AZ using enclosed fastening parts from the conversion package as per ISTA" and the picture has an eyeball looking at "ISTA-Nr. 51 11 050". I've noticed that anything referring to actually taking parts off the vehicle defers to specific ISTA numbers. Is this a separate catalog for mechanical reference? Anyway, I just bolted everything together the only way possible and it all fit fine. Just wanted to double check there's nothing I need to pay particular attention to. Another question I was able to answer for myself was whether or not the brake duct kit would be able to fit on the LCI base Cooper, since it doesn't come with the JCW II kit unless ordered for a Cooper S, and again, the Mini listings generally only refer to Cooper S's. I ordered the brake duct kit separately since I really like the look of it over the plain lower grill, and even though installation is kind of a pain since you have to cut holes in the wheel well covers, everything fits perfectly.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:01 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
What did you do to your mini today?-forumrunner_20150326_200112.jpg

im planning on wrapping the roof and mirrors same gold color as the rims...ill find out tomorrow if the guy thats going to be wrapping it has a color to match...ill make sure to post pics once its done...but its looking amazing i absolutely love it.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:24 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Nice. Thank you. I don't know why gold is not used more often.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mini coop
Nice. Thank you. I don't know why gold is not used more often.
I was wondering the same thing...i was thinking silver or black my wife was the one tgat said why not gold thats when it sparked and i have always been a big fan of the subaru blue and gold thing so i figured why not and im glad i did it...i really wanted something different and after searching space blue minis online i didnt see any with gold rims and that was just another reason for me to go with the gold. :-) happy motoring friend.

Im waiting on the alignment to get wrapped up need to make sure i dont burn through these Michelin Pilot Sports lol

Old 03-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Steffen.Johnson
6th Gear
I was wondering the same thing...i was thinking silver or black my wife was the one tgat said why not gold thats when it sparked and i have always been a big fan of the subaru blue and gold thing so i figured why not and im glad i did it...i really wanted something different and after searching space blue minis online i didnt see any with gold rims and that was just another reason for me to go with the gold. :-) happy motoring friend.

Im waiting on the alignment to get wrapped up need to make sure i dont burn through these Michelin Pilot Sports lol
I am actually considering Gold rims on my chili red mini..

BTW how do you like the tires so far??

Quick Reply: What did you do to your mini today?