North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   What did you do to your mini today? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/184422-what-did-you-do-to-your-mini-today.html)

itsminibtch 03-02-2010 08:57 PM

What did you do to your mini today?

Thought this could be an idea for an ongoing thread and I have something to put in.

Finally installed my super charger pulley with my boyfriend! He got it for me a year ago for Valentine's day but it's been sitting in the box ever since. He took the initiative this Valentine's day to get the belt, removal tool, and spark plugs. :) Installation went fairly smoothe, still haven't fired her up because my battery is dead from leaving my headlights on a couple days ago (whoops). We're gunna go jump her in a few and go for a night cruise.

So... what'd you do to your mini today?

J_'09s 03-02-2010 09:07 PM

I didnt do anything to my mini today, but tomorrow installing Koni yellow shocks/struts and NM engineering lowering springs. :D

Congrats on the upgrades. Can yall feel any gains through your butt dynos??

79cutlas 03-02-2010 10:59 PM

Well today I washed my Mini since the carwash I normally use wouldnt do it. (too low :confused: , its stock!) I did have them detail the insides.
Then I tried to fit a few different sub woofer boxes back there that "Lucy" rejected. So now I'm gonna build her a box she will like I hope.
Tomarrow I'm going to install Lucy some new shoes....
18" Tenzo R Project 7's in white with a red stripe as long as the UPS man gets here before I have to go to work...I hate waiting on that guy!

trwxxa 03-03-2010 11:12 AM

I installed my Mini Do More hitch.:thumbsup:

2 hours, start to finish, with no helping hands around.

kemo 03-03-2010 11:50 AM

Great idea for a thread:)

Went out to the garage (convertible, so I put it away for the winter)
Took the cover off
Stared at it for 20 minutes trying to decide which wheels to buy:confused:
Still can't decide...finding the right wheels to go with orange, a blue top & flat black stripes isn't as easy as it sounds:sly:
Put the cover back on
Poured a Rye on the rocks (that made things all better):grin:

.........tomorrow I will start all over

Porthos 03-03-2010 12:37 PM

Nothing today but yesterday I tried to have the MFSW software retrofit. It didn't work becuase I need a SZL module and it will be longer cause I can't find one for less $300 right now unless I can find one off a totaled MINI

maxxboy 03-03-2010 12:44 PM

What did I do to my MINI today?

I drove it. :)

LittleBlueBEAST 03-03-2010 02:18 PM

im waiting on my DP to be delievered and hopefully guna install that but other than that
i bumped music today looking sexy in my MINI as always ;)

tcscb1963 03-03-2010 02:26 PM

Did an oil change.

amusingdream 03-03-2010 02:45 PM

kemo - I would switch the stripes to white with a blue outline then paint the arches and get white wheels. Your orange and blue is a great combo :thumbsup:

onefish2 03-03-2010 04:07 PM

I did not know a co-worker also had a MINI. So we went out to the parking lot to look at our cars. Needless to say he was rather envious checking out my car.

He has a nice 2009 S in Horizon Blue with a white top and Tuscan interior. Personally I don't think it goes together well. Other than that he has a sweet MINI.

I drove about 190 miles from Harrisburg, PA back home to Nanuet, NY.

After waiting for 3+ months the M7 Vortex CF hood scoop finally showed up on my doorstep via FedEx. I will be installing it later today or tomorrow.

Fcal124 03-03-2010 04:14 PM

Installed JCW Grille, blacked out headlight rings, LED interior lights.
Oh, I almost forgot. Stuck a plug in my damn flat tire.

Minnie2010 03-03-2010 04:26 PM

I didn't do anything today with my MINI. :sad:
But today's not over yet. I'll probably take her out for a short drive after work (take public transit during the week so I get very little time w/my MINI, except weekends and holidays.)

This weekend however, I'm getting mine bonnet striped and LoJacked --can't wait!!!:wink:

MattSaint 03-03-2010 04:51 PM

I drove my 110 mile commute to and from work. Finally made the 1200 miles for break in. Can't wait to start getting on it a little more to get a feel for what it can do! :grin:

R53-BRG 03-03-2010 05:19 PM

Aside from driving to work and lunch, not much. But I did get a compliment from a 40something lady driving a newer Carrera. She pulled up next to me on my way to lunch at a stoplight and said "Cute car!" I responded with "Yours is cuter!"

Next week though, I am installing an M7 pulley, M7 intercooler couplers, tensioner stop, SD Coilpack, Magnecor wires and Brisk plugs. Should be fun! :grin:

itsminibtch 03-03-2010 06:23 PM

This morning we put the spark plugs in and fired her up... I'm happy with the pulley, glad everything seems put together correctly too:lol:

moreorless 03-03-2010 06:26 PM

Gave it a bath.

Mato 03-03-2010 07:04 PM

murdered about 1000 insects today....

TRPete 03-04-2010 04:03 AM

Played pothole slalom yesterday on my drive to Maryland and back. (250 miles)

Missed a few big ones :thumbsup:

Hit a boatload of smaller ones :mad:

mattco 03-04-2010 04:39 AM

Walked by my covered hibernating baby and dreamed that spring woud be here soon.

danmay 03-04-2010 04:53 AM

received my grille badges, but still waiting for the badge holder lol

might go but some chrome lights on my lunch hour

VioletDC 03-04-2010 06:47 AM

2day, I filled 'er up.

Saturday, Scoopie's getting her first-ever detailing! :grin: After all this snow/salt, she needs it!

Last Saturday, she got new xenons installed. :nod:

Albiecrazy 03-04-2010 07:24 AM

Ordered a gominigo single license plate badge holder. Two badges on the grille and nothing on the back - had to fix that!

danmay 03-04-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by itsminibtch (Post 2996262)
Finally installed my super charger pulley with my boyfriend! He got it for me a year ago for Valentine's day

gotta say, if i bought my girlfriend a supercharger pulley for valentines i think i'd be in hospital, can you have a word :lol:

tcscb1963 03-04-2010 07:28 AM

Installed M7 Ultimate Grilles, upper & lower and switched out the Alta intake for an M7