F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Mini coding/programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 07:18 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by handn
When I set ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG to "bremslicht blinkend" it does indeed pulse the brake lights during heavy braking, but then I get a "lighting system malfunction" warning. This doesn't happen when I switch it back to the default of "flachenvergroesserung".

Anyone else having this issue?
I looked around a bit last night and couldn't find anything. The only thing I can think is the ECU is seeing the lights blink and thinks they are malfunctioning.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:47 AM
brando087
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The error pops up on my screen too, but it clears once the lights are done flashing.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:54 PM
MiniSquirty
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hp79

I think it'll work fine. It's a basic wiring harness with one 500 Ohm resistor in it. I thought of building it myself, but then I can't beat the $5 price. Oh, and the one I ordered is not a regular ODB2 reader, it's actually a ODB to ENET for use with e-sys.
I don't think there's a normal ODB2 reader with an Ethernet for reading ODB2 codes. I've seen bluetooth, wifi, serial ports, USB, but not Ethernet ones.

This is what I bought. It's actually $5 not $4. lol.
Did this connector work for you?

Old 12-11-2014, 05:56 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniSquirty
Did this connector work for you?
I just received the $5 ODB to Enet adapter in mail today. It works fine.

Am I doing something wrong here? Attached my screen capture.

* Disable seat belt disconnected reminder sounds
ACSM
3001 - SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer = Set Nicht Aktiv (front driver)
3001 - SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer = Set Nicht Aktiv (front passenger)

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-1.jpg  

Last edited by hp79; 12-11-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:16 PM
brando087
2nd Gear
You have to open the second folder.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 PM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
I just received the $5 ODB to Enet adapter in mail today. It works fine.

Am I doing something wrong here? Attached my screen capture.

* Disable seat belt disconnected reminder sounds
ACSM
3001 - SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer = Set Nicht Aktiv (front driver)
3001 - SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer = Set Nicht Aktiv (front passenger)
Like he said, open the Funktionen folder and scroll down to find what you want.

You can also put the function in the "search for" bar and look for it that way.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:24 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Awesome. Thanks! I was reading the instructions from my phone and couldn't see much in short time. I was thinking do I have a different software or what? lol.

Do you guys keep your engines on while coding, or just ACC on? I'm wondering if ACC on uses much electricity. I have a bad memory where my Saab 9-5 battery went dead after 10 minutes of ACC on mode without starting the car.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 AM
brando087
2nd Gear
The 1st time I messed with my car I wasn't paying attention and was using ACC. I started getting low battery messages. Since then I've just started my car to change things. I've had no issues so far..

Old 12-12-2014, 06:32 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
I start my car and leave it running when coding.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:06 AM
handn
3rd Gear
If I'm doing a quick coding change that's less than 5 min I'll use ACC, otherwise I'll keep the car running.

Important that if you're using the full version of PSdZData and are temped to update your ECUs, do NOT do this without being hooked up to a good, stable external power supply. I've seen reports of people bricking ECUs while trying to update just with the car running.

Not that for simple coding, this isn't an issue.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:56 AM
hp79
4th Gear
I looked up on AGM battery charge methods, and it looks like the only difference is how the float charge should be done (should be done at lower voltage). AGM can actually take higher charge voltage than regular lead-acid battery. I'm not doing float charge so I think it's okay with my Black & Decker 25 amp charger . I see on a kill-a-watt, it typically uses 60-100W when charging a battery that has about 70% charge.

edit: Okay. I hooked the charger, and put ignition in ACC on. Then started coding again.
All I got done is the door handle light when in reverse. BDC 3070 - OVT_BEI_REUCKFAHRLICHT = Aktiv

edit2: I tried modifying "side mirror tilting down on reverse" - BDC 3110 - ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA (werte=4B. was 55). I don't think it changed anything. To do the "side mirror tilting downwards on reverse" do I need the automatic folding mirrors?

Last edited by hp79; 12-14-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:19 AM
hp79
4th Gear
Anyone tried these? These are locations from F56. I programmed mine but didn't test yet.

IHKA Module:
A/C System Remembers Last Setting
3003: MEMORY_OFF set to aktiv-werte=01 *default was nicht_aktiv-werte=00
Always Remember Air ReCirculating
3003: MEMORY_UMLUFT aktiv *default was aktiv so didn't change anything

ACSM Module:
Seatbelt reminder durantion
3001: GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER (werde = 01 for 1 sec) *default 5A (=90seconds)

Does "nicht_aktiv" and "werte=00" always go together? So if I want to change them, am I supposed to change both to "aktiv" and "werte=01"?

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-ac-memory.jpg   Mini coding/programming-seatbelt-warning-time.jpg  
Old 12-14-2014, 03:51 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Anyone tried these? These are locations from F56. I programmed mine but didn't test yet. IHKA Module: A/C System Remembers Last Setting 3003: MEMORY_OFF set to aktiv-werte=01 *default was nicht_aktiv-werte=00 Always Remember Air ReCirculating 3003: MEMORY_UMLUFT aktiv *default was aktiv so didn't change anything ACSM Module: Seatbelt reminder durantion 3001: GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER (werde = 01 for 1 sec) *default 5A (=90seconds) Does "nicht_aktiv" and "werte=00" always go together? So if I want to change them, am I supposed to change both to "aktiv" and "werte=01"?
Rarely do you change the werte value

Old 12-14-2014, 05:34 AM
handn
3rd Gear
"Werte" means value. These change when you edit the setting via the drop-down (i.e. from nicht_aktiv to aktiv). Selecting aktiv will always change the value to 1. No need to modify the value as well.

The exceptions are things like enabling video playback in motion- you need to set the value to something outside of that would normally be done.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:04 AM
ojedam64
3rd Gear
Anyone in the Orlando area doing this?

Old 12-14-2014, 06:40 AM
CooperB
3rd Gear
edit2: I tried modifying "side mirror tilting down on reverse" - BDC 3110 - ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA (werte=4B. was 55). I don't think it changed anything. To do the "side mirror tilting downwards on reverse" do I need the automatic folding mirrors?
I don't believe you need power fold mirrors for this, however, the power mirror button in the car must be set to the left (driver) for this to work. From the owners manual:

Code:
Automatic Curb Monitor
When the reverse gear is engaged, the mirror glass tilts downward slightly on the front pas‐ senger side. 
This improves your view of the curb and other low-lying obstacles when park‐ing, for example.
Activating
1. Slide the mirror changeover switch to the driver's side mirror position.
2. Engage transmission position R. Deactivating
Slide the mirror changeover switch to the pas‐ senger side mirror position.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:42 AM
fatherfork
1st Gear
...IHKA Module:
A/C System Remembers Last Setting
3003: MEMORY_OFF set to aktiv-werte=01 *default was nicht_aktiv-werte=00
Always Remember Air ReCirculating
3003: MEMORY_UMLUFT aktiv *default was aktiv so didn't change anything
I couldn't get this one to work. My auto climate control defaulted to off every time and I couldn't turn the fan off in any mode. Also, when on auto, the A/C light would blink sometimes. It was very strange so I set it back to original. I decided too that I like the auto climate to come on by default when I start the car.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:02 AM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fatherfork
I couldn't get this one to work. My auto climate control defaulted to off every time and I couldn't turn the fan off in any mode. Also, when on auto, the A/C light would blink sometimes. It was very strange so I set it back to original. I decided too that I like the auto climate to come on by default when I start the car.
Mine came factory with the climate control remembering the last used setting.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:52 AM
brando087
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DarkBlue15MCS
Mine came factory with the climate control remembering the last used setting.
Must be nice.. lol

Old 12-14-2014, 02:31 PM
hp79
4th Gear
So, after changing the MEMORY_OFF option, my car no longer starts with AUTO mode which was kind of annoying that I had to turn it off every time.

Tilting the side mirror on reverse still didn't work even with the mirror selection set to the driver side, so I just changed it back to default value 55.

Anyone know what turning off ECO_TIPPS might do (in screen capture)?
This is in IHKA module 3001. I don't have the Visual Display upgrade so no fish. What kind of tips am I receiving from eco mode with basic radio?

Looking under IHKA module 3003 there's "AC_ON_WITH_AUTO" which is set to AKTIV. I'm going to disable it so AC doesn't kick in by itself when I select AUTO. I want to be in control of the AC to prevent AC smell.

Attached Thumbnails Mini coding/programming-eco_tipps.jpg  

Last edited by hp79; 12-14-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:07 PM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
So, after changing the MEMORY_OFF option, my car no longer starts with AUTO mode which was kind of annoying that I had to turn it off every time.

Tilting the side mirror on reverse still didn't work even with the mirror selection set to the driver side, so I just changed it back to default value 55.

Anyone know what turning off ECO_TIPPS might do (in screen capture)?
This is in IHKA module 3001. I don't have the Visual Display upgrade so no fish. What kind of tips am I receiving from eco mode with basic radio?

Looking under IHKA module 3003 there's "AC_ON_WITH_AUTO" which is set to AKTIV. I'm going to disable it so AC doesn't kick in by itself when I select AUTO. I want to be in control of the AC to prevent AC smell.
My "memory_off" is set at nicht_aktiv and my car remembers what A/C setting I had at shutdown.

I have no clue what the eco_tipps is, if I were to guess it has to do with green mode

Old 12-14-2014, 08:23 PM
DarkBlue15MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperB
I don't believe you need power fold mirrors for this, however, the power mirror button in the car must be set to the left (driver) for this to work. From the owners manual:

Code:
Automatic Curb Monitor
When the reverse gear is engaged, the mirror glass tilts downward slightly on the front pas‐ senger side. 
This improves your view of the curb and other low-lying obstacles when park‐ing, for example.
Activating
1. Slide the mirror changeover switch to the driver's side mirror position.
2. Engage transmission position R. Deactivating
Slide the mirror changeover switch to the pas‐ senger side mirror position.
Try ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK and set to aktiv
ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA sets the angle the mirror tilts when in reverse.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:24 PM
hp79
4th Gear
My "memory_off" is set at nicht_aktiv and my car remembers what A/C setting I had at shutdown.

Mine was like that too. AC was kept off, at least it appeared to be off all the time. But the problem was every time I start the car, fan started blowing and AUTO was turned on by itself. By activating "memory_off", it no longer starts the AUTO climate control on.

Related to the auto climate control, from looking at "AC_ON_WITH_AUTO", I think if the temperature is hot enough the AC will turn on automatically (unless you disable this one) when you have AUTO climate turned on.

Try ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK and set to aktiv
ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA sets the angle the mirror tilts when in reverse.
Aww.. Thanks.. I'll try that out. I was wondering why people put a certain number in the "ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA" instead of active/non-active. The "_DELTA" should have been a hint.
--edit: this didn't work. Requires special hardware (called Mirror Memory which is probably an option in Folding Mirrors).

I created a public editable GoogleDoc excel sheet just for my car (F56 base/automatic). But in case anyone wants to peek at it, or edit, or copy it, here it is. I wish there was a Wiki page in this thread where everyone can just edit it. Or maybe the thread starter can make a new one and edit his first post so everyone can just edit it through there.

Last edited by hp79; 12-15-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:54 AM
MiniSquirty
2nd Gear

Old 12-15-2014, 02:55 AM
MiniSquirty
2nd Gear

I created a public editable GoogleDoc excel sheet just for my car (F56 base/automatic). But in case anyone wants to peek at it, or edit, or copy it, here it is. I wish there was a Wiki page in this thread where everyone can just edit it. Or maybe the thread starter can make a new one and edit his first post so everyone can just edit it through there.
Maybe you can start a new thread and we can move the discussion over there. It would be beneficial to have an updated wiki of the codable functions and an active OP.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Mini coding/programming