Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Hendricksen
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if I get a catless downpipe, does the AP stage 2 or the applicable stage tune out the CEL related to the downpipe?

Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Do you have an oversized intercooler too?

Old 10-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Hendricksen
3rd Gear
Yes I do. Have helix Intercooler, K&N Typhoon intake, Borla cat back exhaust, NM tubes, and getting a Catless ceramic coated downpipe.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM
InDaClubMan
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hendricksen
Does anyone know if I get a catless downpipe, does the AP stage 2 or the applicable stage tune out the CEL related to the downpipe?
I have an evolve catless downpipe and run an Alta stage 2 tune without any CEL.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Richieb0y28
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by InDaClubMan
I have an evolve catless downpipe and run an Alta stage 2 tune without any CEL.

Just make sure it's a 3" downpipe. Anything less may cause issues/knocks.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:10 PM
NW Cooper S
1st Gear
Can someone send me linear maps that fix the jerky trans/throttle for my 2008, MCSa
computer H910B
Thanks

Last edited by NW Cooper S; 01-29-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:43 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
I have a nice map for 92 octane, with and without FMIC. PM me your email and I'll send them to you. What computer does your car have?

Mike

Old 01-29-2016, 05:16 PM
NW Cooper S
1st Gear
MBWICZ pm sent, can you send both those maps (92OCT with and without fmic) please. thanks for your time.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:50 AM
chav
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
okay I read pages 1-20 trying to find related problems they might cause. my car will do one full pull fine and peak at 15 for boost ( shouldn't it be more?) then I will get the code p2885. I have uninstalled the tune and a couple hours after I still got the code. In the morning I have still not been able to get the code doing 10-120 pulls 40-100 anything that could get it back and cant get it to pop up. Feb 10th I have plans to drop her off at mini for a look. if anything I'm getting the heat shield replaced and hood scoop.

also I do have a leak at the downpipe where it connects to the turbo could that be a problem?

I have a 2009 fjcw with cold air intake and catless downpipe

Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 AM
spjonez
1st Gear
I found one of these and I'm wondering if anyone knows if they still work? Or how can I verify it will work with my 2009 Mini Cooper S? On the first page it says it requires updates as new ECU software is released and I'm not sure what version I'm running. I don't want to buy it if it won't work and the seller isn't close enough to me to test it they'll have to ship it to me. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2016, 01:39 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by spjonez
I found one of these and I'm wondering if anyone knows if they still work? Or how can I verify it will work with my 2009 Mini Cooper S? On the first page it says it requires updates as new ECU software is released and I'm not sure what version I'm running. I don't want to buy it if it won't work and the seller isn't close enough to me to test it they'll have to ship it to me. Thanks!
I'm still using mine, after 5 years of use. ECU software was updated once, and it was a simple process to update the AP. Great tool for reading / clearing codes and monitoring various functions. Just don't expect the best performance from the "canned" maps.

When buying a used one, try to ensure the seller has removed their version of maps, and restored the AP to its "as new" software condition. And try to get both cables --- one for the OBD II connector, another for the desktop / laptop (altho, a std USB cable should work OK). If the seller hasn't restored it (removed the AP maps from his car, using the AP), you might not get it to work. Maybe get some clarification from the crew at Alta?

When the AP is first connected to your OBD II connector, it will automatically detect your current ECU software. When you connect it to your online computer, it should download all the applicable maps for your ECU.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:59 AM
spjonez
1st Gear
Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
I'm still using mine, after 5 years of use. ECU software was updated once, and it was a simple process to update the AP. Great tool for reading / clearing codes and monitoring various functions. Just don't expect the best performance from the "canned" maps.

When buying a used one, try to ensure the seller has removed their version of maps, and restored the AP to its "as new" software condition. And try to get both cables --- one for the OBD II connector, another for the desktop / laptop (altho, a std USB cable should work OK). If the seller hasn't restored it (removed the AP maps from his car, using the AP), you might not get it to work. Maybe get some clarification from the crew at Alta?

When the AP is first connected to your OBD II connector, it will automatically detect your current ECU software. When you connect it to your online computer, it should download all the applicable maps for your ECU.
Do you know what version your software is and if yes, how do I check mine?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:59 AM
ALTA_Chris
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey spjonez, if you have a 09 MCS, then you shouldn't have an issue using the AccessPORT.

All you should do is run an update using the AP Manager, you can download it here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/s...ssport-manager

Once you do the update, it'll automatically load in the background all the latest maps. It may show some maps on the AP Manager that would have gone to the last car it was plugged into, you can just ignore those. Then just simply plug it into your car when it's in the ON position, and load the map!

Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 AM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by spjonez
Do you know what version your software is and if yes, how do I check mine?
Only way I know of to get the SW version is to either have the dealer look it up, or get it from the AP while it's plugged in.

Like Chris says --- it's pretty easy.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:07 AM
rogerc
1st Gear
Sold my Mini and have the AccessPort up for sale in Merchandise area.
Found this to be the best upgrade I did to my Mini and it passed the California Smog test no problem. Ran fantastic on my automatic and zero problems with California 91 gas.
If you are research this upgrade just buy one you will not regret it. (Don't really care if you buy mine just buy one they are that good.)

Old 04-11-2016, 05:14 PM
MiniJimmyS07
1st Gear
New ROM

Need help or suggestions. I tried downloading my accessport to my car, the AP said unrecognized ROM. I updated the AP to the latest firmware. Still a no go. This time it said "New Vehicle ROM." I emailed COBB and they couldn't do anything for me because they have no plans to update the MINI platform. I then emailed Alta, they told me to contact COBB. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Old 04-11-2016, 05:51 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
You should call Cobb, not email them.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Jlobb2
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MiniJimmyS07
Need help or suggestions. I tried downloading my accessport to my car, the AP said unrecognized ROM. I updated the AP to the latest firmware. Still a no go. This time it said "New Vehicle ROM." I emailed COBB and they couldn't do anything for me because they have no plans to update the MINI platform. I then emailed Alta, they told me to contact COBB. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
What year/model is your MINI?

Old 04-12-2016, 07:48 PM
MiniJimmyS07
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jlobb2
What year/model is your MINI?
2007 S auto

Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 AM
bananamini
2nd Gear
Anyone looking for an AccessPORT, I just put mine up for sale:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4199613

Old 04-23-2016, 11:47 PM
Sstrickstein
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome!!! I updated the firmware to the latest
Version and installed a 91 octane stage 2 wow!!

Old 05-03-2016, 12:28 PM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E85 and an Accessport map?

There is a lot of talk about E85 being the bees knees, higher octane, big power, etc, is there a Accessport map I can get to run it?

Old 05-05-2016, 02:26 PM
neonsteve
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Read this. http://blog.perrinperformance.com/ho...ta-accessport/

I am surprised a 2007 isn't recognized, but there may not be anything you can do. Make sure you've got the latest AccessPort Manager and check once again if there is a firmware update. Also, in the Accessport Manager you may want to delete any files left over from the previous user's car.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:25 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
If you bought the AP used, it's possible the previous owner didn't "un-install" the AP and it's looking for the original owners ECU. Can you verify this with the original owner?

Old 05-06-2016, 03:35 AM
neonsteve
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could also try it out on someone else's car just to see if it recognizes it and installs properly. You could then uninstall it from the car (some call this "unmarrying" it) and try installing it on your car. It can only be installed on one car at a time.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain The Official ALTA AccessPORT Thread