Finding the local 7 eleven might be difficult
But then again who owns the ET and MPH record for an M45

Some people say they can and some people prove they can

Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
big howe
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Webster
We usually see more hp with stock injectors over 380s as they usually lean it out, I have seen 250bhp+ with 330cc, you just wouldn't want to be doing on 4 mile roadcourse for 30 laps

Its a bit like all the dyno numbers floating about, anybody else weighing the same as Jason's with the same mods is going to be pissed that they cant get near his times.

Its trying to work out why there are these freaks out there and how we can capture what they have and transfer it to other cars.

One of our customers with an 06 went 14.2 at 101 with a JCW 4-2-1 header JCW cat back and 15% Alta V2, GRS IC and Alta V2 CAI, and like Jason he could drive and it weighed 2700 with him in it (2.3s 60s)
Paul, you can barely touch 250 at the crank with 380cc injectors at 100% duty cycle, it defies the laws of physics to say you can get 250+ on 330cc injectors at the stock heads VE.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
It made 242 real world horsepower to run 102.45 at 2468 with the 330s, I went 104.5mph at 2468 which on the same calculation is 257 real world horsepower, it dyno'd the night before at 252 with Hubies stage 1 head on.I was on the phone to Hubie one night and he said put the 330s back in and yes it picked up 4bhp.Also I've seen 286bhp with 380s, it was very lean though, put 440s in retuned it and it made 276bhp all day.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM
big howe
5th Gear
If your calculation works, and is better than the dyno, let me ask a Hubie question since you brought him up. How did Hubie gain 100hp between his last two meets and only pickup 2mph?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
he didn't, people assume things without knowing the hard facts, its one of my pet hates, we have a UK tuner like that.States thing without actually knowing whats in the car or on the car.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
big howe
5th Gear
He didn't what?

What are the facts that we don't know?

What is incorrect? What should we know about the car besides the hp number between the two events?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is the part when numbers don't match "funny" calculations that trigger you don't know the facts

Old 10-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
this is the part when numbers don't match "funny" calculations that trigger you don't know the facts
I dont see how you can say that Jan when you dont knnow exactly what cobo was used at both tracks?

These are calculations that have been used since the 60s and well documented.

How do you think a dynapack comes up with the numbers it does ? through calculations.

There will always be some intelligent MINI owners out there who will not only dyno but go to the drag strip as well, some of them even will do back to back runs to see what difference there latest products have given them.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
I dont see how you can say that Jan when you dont knnow exactly what cobo was used at both tracks?

These are calculations that have been used since the 60s and well documented.

How do you think a dynapack comes up with the numbers it does ? through calculations.

There will always be some intelligent MINI owners out there who will not only dyno but go to the drag strip as well, some of them even will do back to back runs to see what difference there latest products have given them.
the car dyno'd at 535hp when it went to Englishtown, and then dyno'd 635hp before going to Fontana..........who cares about what COMBO was used? You have stated your calculations would show in the MPH which equals HP.... well.......THEY DIDN'T............

the difference with a dynapack is you have taken the "variables" out of the equation..... btw... why do you think MINI owners are stupid?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
No I said the intelligent ones go to dyno then verify what they see on the dyno at the track, every MINI owner cant be stupid, because guess what they own a MINI, so that shows an immediate sign of intelligance.

You or your customers have obviously had some poor times / mph at the track Jan which would explain why you have so much hate for drag racing, but you know what, you are an ex marine and proud to be one, so do what any marine would do and go for the M45 records instead of moaning and groaning.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
No I said the intelligent ones go to dyno then verify what they see on the dyno at the track, every MINI owner cant be stupid, because guess what they own a MINI, so that shows an immediate sign of intelligance.

You or your customers have obviously had some poor times / mph at the track Jan which would explain why you have so much hate for drag racing, but you know what, you are an ex marine and proud to be one, so do what any marine would do and go for the M45 records instead of moaning and groaning.

LOL... right....
the above car I tuned has beaten every car you have ever put on the track with similar mods so what is your point? We have concentrated on road racing which is what matters to people who buy our products. How many MINI owners went to Fontana to watch Hubie run the drag car?

why do you continually not answer the questions posted to you buy big howe?

Old 10-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
13.68 at 103.8 you need to try harder

Old 10-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
13.68 at 103.8 you need to try harder
roflmao........Paul... that car has a stock head and wasn't stripped

answer the questions.......... are you scared?

Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
yup stock head here too, slower 60ft so had more left in it.

If I answered the question you would look stupid, there you go.........

Last edited by Paul Webster; 10-25-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
yup stock head here too, slower 60ft so had more left in it.

If I answered the question you would look stupid, there you go.........
the fact of the matter is you have NOT answered any of the questions posed to you.

you also failed to mention you were running a header etc .....

I went through this same similar dialogue about my head a few years ago. Well, you found it worked too........

still waiting on the answers to all of the questions posed in the above posts....

Old 10-25-2008, 08:32 AM
big howe
5th Gear
Paul,

Your calculation is based is based off a few numbers that can have large errors. Not only do tracks, track prep, etc., play into it, so does driver skill, ambient temps, tire choice and pressure, gearing, etc.
The dyno has taken all of these variables out of the equation, unless you are going to question the dyno calibration. That's it. No human error, nothing else. I don't see how scientifically you can state your hp number is better. It's a guideline at best.
Maybe the SAE has gotten it all wrong all these years? Can you convince them so?

If the dyno is so flawed, why are you soliciting funds to buy a dyno on the other forums?

If you really want a apples to apples comparison with all of the variables possible taken out, here's what you do. Take your best combination of parts, ship them over to your friend Hubie, and have him install them on a car and take it to Church's. Church's has seen more MINI's than probably anywhere else in the world, and will be a direct comparison to much of what Jan has done. Have Hubie do before and afters you will know exactly where your setup compares to States.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
Originally Posted by big howe
Paul,

Your calculation is based is based off a few numbers that can have large errors. Not only do tracks, track prep, etc., play into it, so does driver skill, ambient temps, tire choice and pressure, gearing, etc.
The dyno has taken all of these variables out of the equation, unless you are going to question the dyno calibration. That's it. No human error, nothing else. I don't see how scientifically you can state your hp number is better. It's a guideline at best.
Maybe the SAE has gotten it all wrong all these years? Can you convince them so?

If the dyno is so flawed, why are you soliciting funds to buy a dyno on the other forums?

If you really want a apples to apples comparison with all of the variables possible taken out, here's what you do. Take your best combination of parts, ship them over to your friend Hubie, and have him install them on a car and take it to Church's. Church's has seen more MINI's than probably anywhere else in the world, and will be a direct comparison to much of what Jan has done. Have Hubie do before and afters you will know exactly where your setup compares to States.
It be easier for you Jan and Danny to go to the track and post a et mph and weight.

Then we just apply the same formula, you have got 14 dragstrips out there nice weather as well so you haven't any excuses.

All of your above comments are factors in the results but wheelspin goes once you put Jans slicks on and mph is horsepower not ET.

Same as a dyno, look at your own delta and be happy with your numbers. But if you want to compare with others you need to all be at the track on the same day or at Churches on the same day.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:15 AM
big howe
5th Gear
Actually thats where you are wrong. First, as I stated before, I spent many hours at both Sac and Sears point as a kid. I have no desire to do it anymore. Being out in the cold for hours to get two runs with coolant on the track don't cut it anymore.
Second, I'm sure there are a lot of fine folks in South Sac, but it's also infested with Asian gangs. I'd be lucky to get out of there with my life. Hell, just the other day an Asian sheriff officer drove by and popped someone standing in their driveway.
I have better things to do, and yes, it is much easier and more accurate to go to the dyno.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
It be easier for you Jan and Danny to go to the track and post a et mph and weight.

Then we just apply the same formula, you have got 14 dragstrips out there nice weather as well so you haven't any excuses.

All of your above comments are factors in the results but wheelspin goes once you put Jans slicks on and mph is horsepower not ET.

Same as a dyno, look at your own delta and be happy with your numbers. But if you want to compare with others you need to all be at the track on the same day or at Churches on the same day.
last post about this because frankly.... you are beginning to bore me with your lack of substance to back up anything you say....

not to mention your guys are running street tires which in your above statement again validates everything we are saying

your RESULTS are flawed at best........

answer the questions and we can discuss.... otherwise you are blowing nothing but hot air

Old 10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
We dyno cars and race them, so there is the substance

We have a relationship between the horsepower we see on the dyno and the mph / weight we see at the track, so again more substance.

But as yet we haven't seen a RMW tuned MINI on Church dynapack hit the 1/4 mile, so until then there is no relationship we can validate except that they make xxx hub horsepower.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 PM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
why do you think MINI owners are stupid?
for the same reason you made a business out of tuning MINIs, perhaps? i don't know, this isn't my thread to bash me on, but i thought i'd chime in with some REAL facts.......

continue on with the drag racing topic!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:02 PM
big howe
5th Gear
We dyno cars and race them, so there is the substance

We have a relationship between the horsepower we see on the dyno and the mph / weight we see at the track, so again more substance.

But as yet we haven't seen a RMW tuned MINI on Church dynapack hit the 1/4 mile, so until then there is no relationship we can validate except that they make xxx hub horsepower.
This is all fine Paul, but now explain how Hubie's numbers fit your substance.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
Have you seen the run ?

Old 10-25-2008, 05:38 PM
big howe
5th Gear
Which one is "the run"?

And what does viewing a video have to do with your MPH/car weight/hp calculation?

Old 10-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Paul Webster
Banned

Quick Reply: The Unofficial MINI 1/4 Mile Time Database