1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 08:53 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

I just got confirmation from my MA that my Clubman is scheduled for week 19. Anybody else have a car making its way down the line that week?

Brad

Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
What was your order date? I haven't checked to see if I have a production week yet, but I have a hunch mine will go into production at the beginning of May. Just curious

Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
I placed my order on Monday, April 13th after work.

My MA initially told me that it looked like it would be week 22, but they moved me into one of their dealer slots. Today he confirmed that I'm in week 19 (May 4-8). My birthday is the 9th, pretty good present if you ask me - even if I have to buy it for myself!

I see you're in Cupertino - will your car come through Port Hueneme as well? Three weeks on the boat, argh!

Brad

Old 04-18-2009, 11:30 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Ya, it will be coming through Port Hueneme for sure. This is my second Mini from the same dealership so I've already gone through this adventure before (or is it obsession?). Looks like we ordered the same time, so I'll have to check with my MA to find out what week I'm in tomorrow.

The transport is the most mind wracking, but if you get on a easily trackable ship you might catch a glimpse of the transport as it passes through the Panama Canal (webcam). That part of the transport was cool.

BTW Happy Birthday on the 9th, mine is the 20th

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
jfm18517
1st Gear
Hmm, is there a different schedule for a MCS, I placed my order on 4/11/2009 and I'm already scheduled for production with an estimated completion date of 4/24/2009

JimM

Old 04-19-2009, 05:48 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Hey all!
Well after months of thinking, planning and sweet talking (to my wife, of course ) I placed an order for a CR/B MCSa today from South Bay. I got my production number at the time of ordering and was told I was in week 19. This is my second MINI in 20 months but I am more excited this time! So far the car is only showing "On Order" but that will hopefully change soon.

My wife was nice enough to take our current MCa and I'll get the new S.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:35 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
I'm glad I'm not the only guy in Southern California ordering the cold weather pack! I know my wife will appreciate the heated seats.

Brad

Old 04-20-2009, 06:34 AM
melcmini
2nd Gear
I ordered on April 8th and my completion date is April 21st, tomorrow!!! I am worried about the "getting on the boat" process. I have read several people who said they got left behind on several boats even though they were at the port. Mine is going to Charleston, anyone else think they may be on the same boat? I am dying of impatience!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bradw
I'm glad I'm not the only guy in Southern California ordering the cold weather pack! I know my wife will appreciate the heated seats.

Brad
Nope, you're not alone. The CW package is a must for me and my wife even in SoCal. In fact she would not be willing to take the MC if it didn't have it!

BTW, what is everyone's spec? I'll post mine later...

Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Well. I've had a strange few days.

Tuesday I called my MA and he told me I was looking at May 18th (week 21?) for my car to go into production. That's not a big deal to me, I still have a sweet little MCS that still makes me smile when I drive it.

Just for fun I decided to check the owners lounge and see if my car information had changed. I really didn't expect anything other than the old "On Order". Well low and behold .. the status changed to "Scheduled for Production". Hum .. that's weird. I thought I still had another month to go!

SO I called AskMini and the guy told me that my Mini had already been in the factory for the last two days being built. The original scheduled production date was April 30th, but somehow my car had been "Expedited" and was already being built. So I have no freaking clue what week I'm in, but it appears my car is nearly done!? I had to make sure it was my car, and the Mini rep verified all my information. Yep, it's my car. I'm secretly thinking that something has to go horribly wrong now, I'm never this lucky.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:06 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
You are clearly flying under a lucky star! I don't even have a scheduled production date yet. I am reminded of Ambrose Bierce's definition of patience: "A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue."

Brad

Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
I got similar word from my MA today telling me mine was already going through the line. And now I have the all important VIN!

BTW, See my sig for my specs. What did you order?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
Hey SteelersFan, I just noticed you're in Saugus. I'm in Northpark. Small world!

Anyway, here are my order specs:

Clubman S
Horizon Blue
Black roof/pillars
Convenience / Premium / Cold weather packages
Manual Transmission
Silver Bridge-spoke Wheels
White turn signals
Xenon headlamps
Chrome mirrors
Roof rails

Guess I'll have to figure out how to get that all into my .sig sometime. I like the "Not Quite Owner's Club" badge.

Brad

Brad

Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Hey SteelersFan, I just noticed you're in Saugus. I'm in Northpark. Small world!

Anyway, here are my order specs:

Clubman S
Horizon Blue
Black roof/pillars
Convenience / Premium / Cold weather packages
Manual Transmission
Silver Bridge-spoke Wheels
White turn signals
Xenon headlamps
Chrome mirrors
Roof rails

Guess I'll have to figure out how to get that all into my .sig sometime. I like the "Not Quite Owner's Club" badge.

Brad

Brad
Hey, another neighbor! Cool. A NAM member from Valencia named asoulo just picked up an MCS and we might meet up to hit some local canyon roads soon.

We should meet up once we get our new toys. I also belong to the MINI car club SCMM.org, Check us out.

Nice spec by the way. I also ordered Webspokes but in black. I only saw them once but thought they would look good with the CR/B car.

For the sig pic, copy mine to your computer then go to User CP and Edit Sig. Scroll down and upload it and use it as sig pic.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
BTW, See my sig for my specs. What did you order?
JCW .. with pretty much everything in it. Click my signature to view my spec. :

BradW .. nice spec mate. I owned nothing but Blue cars for years, Horizon Blue is a great color!

SteelersFan, my current MCS is Chili Red, great color! Looks like you're getting your second Mini as well? I noticed you have a 07 in your signature, heck, if memory serves, I ordered my MCS in October of 2007 as well!

Last edited by jimmieshear; 04-24-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jimmieshear
JCW .. with pretty much everything in it. Click my signature to view my spec. :

BradW .. nice spec mate. I owned nothing but Blue cars for years, Horizon Blue is a great color!

SteelersFan, my current MCS is Chili Red, great color! Looks like you're getting your second Mini as well? I noticed you have a 07 in your signature, heck, if memory serves, I ordered my MCS in October of 2007 as well!
Yep, second MINI. The MC is a blast but my obsession took over and I HAD to get an S. What a coincidence that we both ordered two cars, both at the same time.

Wow! You're spec is awesome! If the JCW would have come with auto trans I would have considered it more seriously.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 AM
bradw
2nd Gear

Thanks, I would have probably gone with British Racing Green but I am going to be using that color on my '69 Spitfire (eventually) - I don't really need two BRG cars, now do I? That, and I really like the dark blue.

Your spec looks great - that is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

SteelersFan, it is great to have all these canyons close at hand. I love taking my Spitfire up San Francisquito, and am looking forward to pushing the MINI up there too. I looked at the black wheels too, but with a black roof and a darker paint color it just seemed like too much.

Brad

Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Thanks, I would have probably gone with British Racing Green but I am going to be using that color on my '69 Spitfire (eventually) - I don't really need two BRG cars, now do I? That, and I really like the dark blue.

Your spec looks great - that is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

SteelersFan, it is great to have all these canyons close at hand. I love taking my Spitfire up San Francisquito, and am looking forward to pushing the MINI up there too. I looked at the black wheels too, but with a black roof and a darker paint color it just seemed like too much.

Brad
Yep. I drive San Fran, Bouquet, Lake Elizabeth, and Spunky Cyn Rd frequently. In fact, I live around the corner from the end of Copper Hill where it almost meets Bouquet.

I agree about the dark wheels. Those silver webby's of your's will look awesome!

I called ASK MINI this morning and they told me that the car has been in production for a couple of days and would be finished 5/1.

I tried to look up ship schedules for when our cars will be ready and only found one possibility so far (at least for a west coast port). If I remember correctly it leaves 5/8 and arrives at Port Hueneme on 5/29.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:39 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
SteelersFan, thanks for the tips on the .sig file.

I didn't order the web-spokes but the Minilight/Panasport-esque bridge-spokes. The web spoke wheels look great but I couldn't find it in my heart to spend the money on them.

I can only hope that my Clubman will be built in time to get on a ship May 8!

Brad

Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
SteelersFan, thanks for the tips on the .sig file.

I didn't order the web-spokes but the Minilight/Panasport-esque bridge-spokes. The web spoke wheels look great but I couldn't find it in my heart to spend the money on them.

I can only hope that my Clubman will be built in time to get on a ship May 8!

Brad
Oops, my bad. I guess I have WEBspokes on the brain.

Yea, they are a bit exspensive and I'm doubting my choice a little because I hadn't planned on getting them and didn't think it through like I usually do. But, in the end I think I will be happy with them. I just hope the silver portion doesn't get stained from the brake dust. I normally wash my wheels once a week or so anyway, so I'm prepared for that.

You're sig looks good by the way. Start copying some other ones you come across that you like.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
I just found out my S will be done 4/24. I understand the next ship to Pt Hueneme will not be until early May, so looks like several of us will have our babys on the same ship. This will be our 2nd Mini--My hubby has an 03 S 6 spd, which he loves. We are members of Mid-Cal Minis and have a really fun time with monthly meetings, runs and many of them recently auto-x'd. Mine is Laser Blue/white auto. with all 4 packages, xenon and ground effects. This kicker is that I currenly have my 2nd BMW (sold the Z4 as we are a family of 4) and have a 330CIC, which is a lemon. Decided the Mini peeps have way too much fun and decided to join the Clan.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
As of this morning, my Clubman is currently scheduled to complete production on May 6.

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it will make it onto the ship that's leaving May 8th!

Brad

Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Welcome MRS JIMINNI! Looks like your car is probably done! I should call Mini today and find out if mine is too. I'd also like to know it's "birth" day (the day all the parts are actually assembled). I'm getting very excited now, even though my current car is still a lot of fun (2007 MCS).

Awesome on the options, I take it you got a JCW or Aero kit put on your car (Ground effects)?

Well .. off to call Mini and get a status, I'm hope we're all going to be on the same boat headed out of port on the 8th. Bradw you're going to be cutting it pretty close!!! LOL I'm optimistic you'll get on the same boat!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
As of this morning, my Clubman is currently scheduled to complete production on May 6.

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it will make it onto the ship that's leaving May 8th!

Brad
That's going to be a real nail-biter. Good luck. I hope there will be more ships lined up to support you in case you miss the 8th.

Mine is still on track to complete 5/1. So far I haven't been scheduled for any particular ship yet, at least on a WW ship. We'll see...

Old 04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Welcome MRS JIMINNI! Looks like your car is probably done! I should call Mini today and find out if mine is too. I'd also like to know it's "birth" day (the day all the parts are actually assembled). I'm getting very excited now, even though my current car is still a lot of fun (2007 MCS).

Awesome on the options, I take it you got a JCW or Aero kit put on your car (Ground effects)?

Well .. off to call Mini and get a status, I'm hope we're all going to be on the same boat headed out of port on the 8th. Bradw you're going to be cutting it pretty close!!! LOL I'm optimistic you'll get on the same boat!

I had the stock aero kit put on--we liked it better than the JCW. I am now regretting not getting the white wheels, but can always paint them. I am jeolous of those getting their cars on the East Coast--takes West Coast 20 days on the boat!

Quick Reply: Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?