1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thom228
Well? Have you guys checked your VIN numbers to see if they're on it? I just looked and it showed the Elektra pulling out of Southampton.

Unfortunately, mine was handed over for transport today, but I suppose they didn't get it down there fast enough to make it. I guess they'll send it down over the next couple of days and then put it on the Doc Carlos which leaves 15th.
My Vin # did not show up yet for any vessel although the vehicle has been down there for at least 5 days. The site is a little different then I remember but I didn't see any vin newer than 2-1-10. I have a feeling were still on the Elektra but would like something more concrete than a feeling!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
ErikHW
1st Gear
As of today my Laser Blue Hardtop is awaiting transportation.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
ErikHW
1st Gear
I cannot figure out where to enter my car's VIN on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics web site. I see four fields, non of which are labeled VIN #. What am I doing wrong?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 AM
ErikHW
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dogdal24
My Vin # did not show up yet for any vessel although the vehicle has been down there for at least 5 days. The site is a little different then I remember but I didn't see any vin newer than 2-1-10. I have a feeling were still on the Elektra but would like something more concrete than a feeling!
Dogdal, my Laser Blue Mini might be on the same ship. I live in Telford. Where did you purchase your car? I ordered mine from Ottos. We might see each other on route 309, or 113, or the 152 driving our brand spanking new Minis soon!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:33 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ErikHW
Dogdal, my Laser Blue Mini might be on the same ship. I live in Telford. Where did you purchase your car? I ordered mine from Ottos. We might see each other on route 309, or 113, or the 152 driving our brand spanking new Minis soon!
Erik, I work in Telford and live in Perkasie! I currently have a 05 Hyper Blue MCS so you might have seen me a couple times already. The Camden will be replacing my wifes 07 PW MCS which you might have spotted already too.
We have bought all our MINI's at Otto's and they have been great to deal with. Who was your MA?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Oh and the most important thing I forgot! I have confirmed that our MINI has made the ship-Elektra!

On the WW site you enter the vin in the cargo id section.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
ErikHW
1st Gear
Brooke is the young man that helped me at Ottos. Not that he had to sell me anything. My friend Gary already sold me. He is a member here and has a first year (08) ? Clubman.

Last edited by ErikHW; 02-09-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
ErikHW
1st Gear
Oh MAN, mine is on the Elektra as well. Wow, this is awsome!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM
ohiocooper
1st Gear
I can't get onto WW's VIN tracking page. When I click on "Track & Trace" it takes me to this URL, which never loads and just stays blank:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/l...UserValidation

I'm using a MacBook for what it's worth. Any ideas?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ohiocooper
I can't get onto WW's VIN tracking page. When I click on "Track & Trace" it takes me to this URL, which never loads and just stays blank:

Start here and click all users under track and trace (bottom right) or drill down from the Customer Centre menu.
http://www.2wglobal.com
Enter at least the last 7 digits of your VIN in the cargo ID field (Furthest right).
You can also use the % character as a wild card to search for all MINI's on the ships WMWML% etc.

Also don't try and bookmark the track and trace it will expire. Always go from the main page.
Once you know the ship name then you can go to the schedules page, (also in the Customer Centre menu) and search by vessel. Keep checking that for the latest schedule which may change due to weather or other delays.

Last edited by klricks; 02-09-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear

No it won't work on a Mac using safari. You'll have to check from a windows computer or I think someone here said you had to download something different for a Mac to work. I have a Mac and have had the same problem so I just use my wife's computer.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
theMini2002
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem and had to switch to a PC from my imac. All the website would say then was not found, it turns out that my Clubman was booked on K-line on the Shanghai Highway coming into Charleston on the 17th.

The only way I got this info was thru my MA at MAG in Columbus ohio. You may want to check with your MA to get the ship.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
ohiocooper
1st Gear
Thanks guys. I did try to access WW on a PC and it worked just fine, but our car wasn't in their system. I'll check with our MA. Thanks again!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
ohiocooper
1st Gear
Mini2002, we've ordered from MAG, too. Who's your MA? Jeff is ours. Cool!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
klricks
4th Gear
Thanks guys. I did try to access WW on a PC and it worked just fine, but our car wasn't in their system. I'll check with our MA. Thanks again!
You might try this:
http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

Look for vehicle carrier ships that are scheduled at the same time your MINI is at the dock.

If that link does not work then go to the main page first then click Live information then click Shipping Movements:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/

Old 02-10-2010, 07:30 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Ours didn't show on the WW computer until the day after it left Southampton so keep checking it might show up. I thought we missed the ship!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
theMini2002
1st Gear
Mini2002, we've ordered from MAG, too. Who's your MA? Jeff is ours. Cool!
Ohio Cooper thats so cool. Billy-Ra is our MA - great guy. I see you ordered a Clubman S too I bet we are on the same boat.

What are the details on your Clubman, if you ordered Chocolate Brown too that would be really weird. I can't wait mine to come in, I love my 2002 cooper but I am ready for a new car after eight years.

Let us know what you find out from MAG.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
ohiocooper
1st Gear
Hey Mini2002, we heard from Jeff at MAG today. Ours is onboard SHANGHAI HIGHWAY. We ordered a chili red Clubman S with a black roof, lounge leather interior in carbon black, Sport, Premium, and Cold Weather packs, sport suspension, and chrome line interior. Congrats on the hot chocolate; what's your interior?

Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
theMini2002
1st Gear
Ohio Cooper, Your Clubman sounds awesome there were three color combos that I wanted (Pepper white/Black, Chili red/Black and the Hot Chocolate/Black) The Chili red combo with the same exact interior you picked is what I would have gotten if I went with the red, -that combo looks great.

My wife has a Pepper white/Black Cooper which looks great but is hard to keep clean and which my 17 year old daughter said she would be too embarrassed to be seen with us in matching cars. She claims that having basically the same car in the same exact color was “one step away from us going to Wal-Mart together in matching velour jogging suits” – teenagers, go figure. Being of Italian American decent I personally like velour jogging suits especially when accessorized with big gold chains but that is another story.

As we also have a 1961 Mini that is red see above for why we decided against that. So I went with the Hot Chocolate with the same options as yours with the Hot Chocolate leather to match the exterior but no sport pack or suspension to cut down on my cost a bit.

Hopefully you do not have a teenage daughter that is too embarrassed to be seen with you in matching Chili Red MINIs!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear

It doesn't work with Safari...but works just fine on a Mac if you use Opera.

Opera is free and if you haven't downloaded it to your Mac yet you should...there are lots of sites that don't play well with Safari...I still use Safari as my primary browser but switch to Opera when I have a problem...

http://www.opera.com/

Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
a-fung
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello, I ordered my MINI at the end of Jan and it finished production on 12th of Feb.
I got the VIN from Owners Lounge and I discovered that form the WW Auto Cargo Tracking page, it shows that my MINI is on MARVELOUS ACE.
However my dealer is still telling me that my MINI is still waiting for transport.

Do you think is if any information from the dealer / on the web pages can be incorrect?

Do dealers know we can track the MINIs on the WW Auto Cargo Tracking page?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
klricks
4th Gear
Are you sure your MINI is on that ship?
It's not found the the vessel search on the WW site?
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...esselSearch.do

This site shows an ETA to Panama on 3/17/10
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=371710000

The OL site is not very prompt with updates and is quite often several days behind. It may very well be that the dealers info is not much better. My MA didn't seem to know any more than I could find myself.
Once your MINI gets to the VDC then the OL seems to be updated better. The OL gave me an ETA to my dealer which was pretty close.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
whovous
5th Gear
In December, BMW announced a deal with MB whereby a number of BMWs and MINIs would be processed through the Port of Baltimore rather than South Carolina. One report indicates that facility is to start processing BMWs and MINIs around March 1.

I just learned today that my 2010 MCS Mayfair is on the Aegean Highway and is due in Baltimore on March 16. It is a K Line ship, so tracking does not seem to be much an option at the moment. Still, mine is a Baltimore dealer, so on balance this shift of the VDC seems to be a good thing for me.

Someone with more access to information than I might want to follow up on this and amend the Transport section of the sticky accordingly.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:38 AM
mastawyrm
4th Gear
My car's in port and I don't know which ship it's waiting on. But I'm watching Faust right now since it's scheduled to leave on the 15th

Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Thom228
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mastawyrm
My car's in port and I don't know which ship it's waiting on. But I'm watching Faust right now since it's scheduled to leave on the 15th
You're in for the longest part of the wait (well, it seems like the longest).

It'll be here before you know it.

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated