1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order goes to the body shop tomorrow but I'd really like to add the black web spokes. Has anyone been able to make changes after production started? My MA said he'll see what he can do. Keeping fingers crossed.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Change of wheels

Originally Posted by aerodynamics
My order goes to the body shop tomorrow but I'd really like to add the black web spokes. Has anyone been able to make changes after production started? My MA said he'll see what he can do. Keeping fingers crossed.
No, you won't be able to. But, you might talk with your MA about getting those wheels, actually there are many after market wheels to consider, at the dealer. Don't know what you're looking for, but there are some lighter wheels, Konig, OZ, Enkei Racing, all are less than the OEM wheels, and in my opinion better wheels. Just a thought.

The last that you can add, or change an order is before scheduling for production.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:28 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
No, you won't be able to. But, you might talk with your MA about getting those wheels, actually there are many after market wheels to consider, at the dealer. Don't know what you're looking for, but there are some lighter wheels, Konig, OZ, Enkei Racing, all are less than the OEM wheels, and in my opinion better wheels. Just a thought.

The last that you can add, or change an order is before scheduling for production.
After discussing it with my MA, the only thing that can be done is to place a new order. He had no problem with it and told me delivery date would only be 1-2 weeks more than the original order.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Doenene11
Neutral
Thank you for the great tracking tips - I found the ship, tracked Charlie2 across the pond, and just found out today I get to pick him up next Tuesday. I am a brand new Mini owner and just beside myself. I almost peed my pants, from jumping up and down, don't want to introduce myself to the new group as a pant peer, but Yippee! I am in ORegon - so look out on the roads next week...Here comes Charlie!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Just remember to keep the rpm's below 4000. I know it's hard, as I've tried, only broke that rule a couple of times. Now, up to 535 miles on odometer.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
"Your vehicle production is completed and is waiting to be released to the carrier."

Old 11-18-2010, 10:42 AM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
This may already be common knowledge but I found the WW cargo tracking page no longer has a link for "auto cargo" as stated in the OP. What you'll need to do is enter the VIN into the "cargo ID" field.

I have an ETA of 12/10 at Port Hueneme.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Seems fast as it says 22 days from South Hampton to CA. Has it been loaded? I did not see a boat leaving until the 7th of Dec as the next boat that mine could be on. The Falstaff. Would be cool if there is an early sailing.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM
YubaRiverMini
1st Gear
re: aerodynamics

Be prepaired for delays......ship added 3 days from Nov. 3rd to 6th a day or so from port hueneme. Of course I wasn't expecting what is going on now...
The VDC was fast and turned it over to the auto transport Monday morning the 8th of November. The transport company now being used are total flakes and the dealer claims they have no control. As of now delivery to dealer is projected for December 5th (just about a month from arrival to VDC to travel to Northern Ca.). They first stated the 13th, but were no shows....... Not a happy camper.......

Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 AM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by YubaRiverMini
Be prepaired for delays......ship added 3 days from Nov. 3rd to 6th a day or so from port hueneme. Of course I wasn't expecting what is going on now...
The VDC was fast and turned it over to the auto transport Monday morning the 8th of November. The transport company now being used are total flakes and the dealer claims they have no control. As of now delivery to dealer is projected for December 5th (just about a month from arrival to VDC to travel to Northern Ca.). They first stated the 13th, but were no shows....... Not a happy camper.......
Ughh...not good news. And I'm sure the weather will delay it even further. I thought Christmas delivery was a given. Now I'm not so sure.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:13 PM
theMini2002
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ughh...not good news. And I'm sure the weather will delay it even further. I thought Christmas delivery was a given. Now I'm not so sure.

I think you still have a good shot at getting it by Christmas if not before then. I ordered a Red Cooper S for my wife as a surprise Christmas present on October the 9th. Made it to the Baltimore VDC last week on November 18th, put on the carrier this Monday and made it to the dealer (Columbus Ohio) this afternoon November 24th.

Thats seven weeks from order to delivery, I also ordered my Clubman this past February and it made it in 7 weeks too. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and don't forget that Mini and your dealer want the order to be booked this year so if I was a betting man, and I am, I would say you will have it before Christmas.

I totally understand you anxiousness, I have been more nervous about getting this one in on time then when I got mine in March by far. I want it to be the perfect Christmas surprise, she will get it Saturday morning when she thinks we are going out for the first of our Christmas shopping. I had my florist get a big red bow, red and white flowers to match the car will be inside. I went all out can't wait to see her face and get a big Christmas hug and kiss.

The following users liked this post:
chuckee98 (11-03-2017)
Old 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
YubaRiverMini
1st Gear
Update:

Heard today it is more complicated....seems there was very minor damage.
The Good news is the Dealer got an almost identical model in today with some further upgrades and is making me very happy! Pick up in a couple days.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Jack was finished today and passed fianl QC. Waiting to be shipped to the dock. I think it is a week before the next ship to CA leaves.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
On the boat of the coast of france. Falstaff

Old 12-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Fantastic, thanks so much for this, it's easy to follow and it helps a lot

Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Mine is at the port of exit. Nit sure exactly what ship it will make it on. It is bound for Cali. If it is shipping WW then it looks like it won't move out until the 22nd. I can't interpret the k-line schedule, so I'm nit even sure if that is an option for my car.

Hopefully my dealer will have some details soon...not holding my breath though.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Cool wings bigripper. Just moved fro Vacaville. Travis right?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Cool wings bigripper. Just moved fro Vacaville. Travis right?
Thanks. My first fun little Photochop in almost 3 years. I'm just finishing up my anesthesia training here at Nellis AFB. We are PCSing to Travis this weekend. Pretty excited about moving to Cali!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
Liner release

I've got a "Liner Release" on 15-12-2010 but the ship isn't scheduled to be in port until the 17th. Anyone know what this means?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Ok really how much longer on average should I have to wait for my VIN #? It's been 3 weeks!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Torri91
Ok really how much longer on average should I have to wait for my VIN #? It's been 3 weeks!
Not sure but I think the plant shuts down for a week or 2 during the holidays.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by klricks
I would imagine so, well hopefully that just means that it will be in production soon. I think as soon as I see the status change in the Owners Lounge from "On Order", I will become one of those avid **** obsessive MINI owners calling that line to ask where it is every morning

Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
mini_z
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by klricks
No wonder my cars says Waiting for Transport for the past 2 + weeks. ( made on dec 16)

Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
AAONMS
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12/16 Birthday too.
Also ‘Awaiting Transport’

Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Right, if I remember correctly, this was brought up last year about a Holiday shutdown. I know that in this country in the past, they mostly shutdown for almost three weeks. Bad timing.

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated