1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alrauer
I have prod. #6652664. Supposedly week 14 build. Can't wait!!
i dont get this week thing.. what is that? like whats week 14? what does that mean?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 AM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the calendar week in which production begins.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
It's the calendar week in which production begins.
oh i always wondered

Old 04-08-2011, 03:28 PM
skydiverbob
1st Gear
Awaiting Transport

The Mini Lounge had info there today that my car is 'awaiting transport'.

It's a Mini S BRG with white top and mirrors. It's coming with a very limited amount of options. I only wanted the JCW Strut Brace. I also got the wheel locks and the Mini S mats all around.

I'm excited! I read today that 48% of Mini's sold are bought by women. That should attract all the more women to me that don't have one.

Thanks for posting all that tracking info. That's quite the mother-load.

I'm going to visit Texas for ten days. After that my Mini S should almost be ready to be picked up.

Vroom, vroom!!!

Peace...Robert!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Mojodiva
2nd Gear
Can someone help me? My husband ordered my MINI online and although he sent a list of what we ordered, I never received an offical Inquiry report that would show me what port it is delivered to. Mine is en route right this minute. I live in Texas-- is there a VDC that covers my region specifically?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 AM
wileenreber
2nd Gear
OK, Who else is waiting for a week 14 countryman, to arrive in the USA?

And,........... where is your baby now? I cant seem to get any further than knowing its reached its port of departure....... but ASK MINI does not know which port, or which shipper, or which ship. anyone else having luck?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
alrauer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wileenreber
OK, Who else is waiting for a week 14 countryman, to arrive in the USA?

And,........... where is your baby now? I cant seem to get any further than knowing its reached its port of departure....... but ASK MINI does not know which port, or which shipper, or which ship. anyone else having luck?
Me! Mine was completed April 8 and has been at the port awaiting a ship for about 5 days now. Sealy's Pure Orange is there, too- and I know several others. I believe all of our Countrymen (Countrymans??) are at Bremerhaven, as they came from Austria. Hopefully our babies will board their cruise ship soon!!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
farreljs
Neutral
Mini Production Time

Hello, I'm new to this site and have been reading all of the great posts about tracking a new mini. Thanks for the information!

I ordered a spice orange Cooper S convertible on April 8, 2011. As of today (April 23, 2011), the ASK MINI automated phone tracking system states that the vehicle is in production with an estimated completion date of May 11, 2011. Does this seem kind of long? Are the completion dates typically sooner and they just give extra time in case of delays?

If this date is accurate, I don't see how I could possibly take delivery of the car 8 weeks after ordering (the dealer said 4-8 weeks). It leaves less than a month after production completion for transport to the east coast of the US, processing at the VDC, and transport to the dealer, which is in the same state. I checked the owner site and they have issued a VIN for the car.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else who has ordered a MINI had a similar experience. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:09 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Is there a way to "back track" your MINI. I bought mine off the dealer lot but can I check anyway/anyhow...when it was built/what ship it was on when/where it arrived in the US....just wondering.
Philip

Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Ordered a laser blue MCS (manual, DTC, Nav, sunroof) on May 7, and I've been impatiently waiting for the OL to go to "scheduled for production." This thread is VERY helpful in explaining the time frames for the different stages and providing sources of information. Now I may in fact make it to delivery without losing all my hair! Many thanks!!

Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 AM
skydiverbob
1st Gear
Originally Posted by luridone
Ordered a laser blue MCS (manual, DTC, Nav, sunroof) on May 7, and I've been impatiently waiting for the OL to go to "scheduled for production." This thread is VERY helpful in explaining the time frames for the different stages and providing sources of information. Now I may in fact make it to delivery without losing all my hair! Many thanks!!
You'll get it. And it will have been worth the wait, believe you me!!! :-)

Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Eclipse11S
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for this Thread and all the people who contributed

I have a useless MA and this Thread helped me find witch ship I'm on and ETA.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 AM
hoyme
2nd Gear
WWL Site changes?

My MINI is on Independence II which just docked in Baltimore. I went to try the links in Post #1 to see if it has been off-loaded yet and find them broken.

First, the link to see the entire schedule of inbound ships gives an "Internal Server Error" message (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/tradeRouteSearch.do?routeId=NAEUI&actionType=gener atePDF)

I was able to find this schedule again on their site with the following:
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF

As to the link to allow you to enter your VIN and see the details (https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/) - that now takes you to a page asking for a login ID and with information that they provide details only to registered users. I haven't found a way around this in my poking. They may have shut down open access to information about their operations to non-customers.

Interesting, on the Customer Centre summary page (http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customerCentre/index.jsp#) they list "Track & Trace" as an unlocked application, but when you select it, you just come right back to the same overview page. I wonder if this is just a temporary web site update that broke something??

I have tried signing up for an account, but the response indicated I would be approved "within a day" -- given that neither I nor the company I work for are customers of WWL, I would be surprised if I am approved. We will see.

Bummer...

Old 06-05-2011, 04:38 AM
SandyEggoGrrrl
Neutral
My MINI is on Independence II which just docked in Baltimore. I went to try the links in Post #1 to see if it has been off-loaded yet and find them broken.
I'm having the same issues with the WW website. When I tried a couple of days ago, I was able to find the schedule, as you did. But now, when I try to go back to look at the schedule again, it requires a log-in.

According to ASK MINI, my MINI will be complete on 9 June. As far as I can tell, my MINI will be shipped on the Asian King, leaving Southampton on 21 June, and arriving at Port Hueneme on 13 July. I guess I'll just have to have faith that this is how it works out, since it appears there will be no way to track it online.

I'm with you, Hoyme: Bummer!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:31 AM
chiliTater
1st Gear
good websites

Hi all,

My MCS is on board FALSTAFF now, about a day out of Halifax and bound for New York on June 22.

My experience has been that the OL is often pretty far behind. ASK-MINI was much more current (why they aren't synced to the same database I don't know). Once you are at 160 "Released to Distribution" you can try the following:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

NOTE: This website doesn't work in Safari. Try Firefox if you are a Mac. Put your VIN in "Cargo ID". This is the best place to follow your Mini onto a ship. Once you know your ship, you can watch it into Southampton in near real time (15 min updates) at

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/

Don't be alarmed if the WW website does not show your vehicle aboard ship. In my case FALSTAFF was at sea for a day before my car was indicated as "Loaded on Vessel".

Once the ship is beyond Ireland you can follow it at ~6 hr intervals at

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/

where you can "Search for ship by name".

If you want to see the weather through which your Mini is sailing, try this:

http://passageweather.com/

Mine went through a pretty significant storm with 55 knot winds and 6 meter seas.

When you're getting near port you can go back to the AIS website to watch your ship into harbor in near real-time.

Have fun!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Just an FYI in case this hasn't been covered...I've only gone back so far...BUT...according to 2 separate people on 2 separate phone calls at ASK MINI, once a Countryman arrives at the departure port, it is no longer trackable through them. The only person to get any further information from is your MA. That's who you need to call for shipping info. This system will perpetually show your CM awaiting transport.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
rewdpost
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
Just an FYI in case this hasn't been covered...I've only gone back so far...BUT...according to 2 separate people on 2 separate phone calls at ASK MINI, once a Countryman arrives at the departure port, it is no longer trackable through them. The only person to get any further information from is your MA. That's who you need to call for shipping info. This system will perpetually show your CM awaiting transport.
That's not really true.
You'll still get the basic updates about the general progress of your vehicle on the web site.
Once you're on a ship it will show that (but no one really gets details about which ship, that's something you have to do on your own). Same for once it reaches the VDC.
Pretty much the only detail I was able to get out of my dealer once it was on the ship was when they expected it to hit the VDC.

All of the other generic status updates though will show up in the OL.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Then two people at ASK MINI lied to me. My CM has been sitting on 'awaiting transport' for 2 weeks but I have a tentative date of arrival the week of 6.27. To make that date, it would have to already been assigned a ship, loaded and on it's way.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:26 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chiliTater
Hi all,

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

NOTE: This website doesn't work in Safari. Try Firefox if you are a Mac. Put your VIN in "Cargo ID". This is the best place to follow your Mini onto a ship. Once you know your ship, you can watch it into Southampton in near real time (15 min updates) at

Have fun!
I can enter my info on this page but it won't do anything. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome all on a Mac and it won't work. I can try at work tomorrow on a Windows machine. I actually tried to sign up with WW for advanced tracking but they responded by e-mail that basic tracking should be enough for me. The link they included to use goes to a blank page!

edit: Using http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customerCentre/index.jsp did get through using Firefox, I'm still waiting

Last edited by karlos; 06-22-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: updated link
Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
minilauren
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info!

I've read through all the info and have found it to be immensely useful...*however* my question has to do with the pre-production number stage. My order was for a 2012 ALL4, which haven't even started production yet. At what point do production numbers come out for early year builds? I don't want to be a menace to my MA if he has no info but at the same time when I ordered on Saturday he said he'd let me know after it goes into production. I'd really like to know BEFORE that point if possible.

So, for those of you who have ordered early in the year cars before, what has your experience been? (I'm #6 in my dealership but don't know what that means as there are many other dealerships worldwide...)

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minilauren
So, for those of you who have ordered early in the year cars before, what has your experience been? (I'm #6 in my dealership but don't know what that means as there are many other dealerships worldwide...)

Thanks!
So, I am patiently waiting for my 2012 R55 Clubman S fully loaded. I ordered it on June 2nd, 2011, and received my production number on Jun 14th. Entered Production on June 26th (Week 26). It finished production on June 30th, and was loaded on to the MANON on July 6th.

It reached NY/NJ VDC on July 15th, where it is currently at. I am the most impatient person I know. As far as my experience, my MA told me today that he has confirmed with MINI that my 2012 Clubman was the first 2012 off the production line.

As of right now, we're concerned that the MINI might get stuck at the VDC waiting for the EPA stickers to get approved and loaded into the EPA system. Apparently they don't typically receive the EPA information until August for the next year model.

Owner's Lounge is currently showing an estimated delivery date of July 22nd, but the MA is not for sure. We're hoping that it's ready for July 26th, which coincidently is my Birthday.

All of the links in this post have been helpful, and the follow-ups doubly so. It did take me a little while to realize that the WW Logistics Track and Trace system only works in IE or Firefox, and even then barely works on Macs at all.

Anyways, here's to hoping it gets here soon!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Dragonfly79
1st Gear
My Port Loc reads BALPOA, which I am assuming is Baltimore Port Authority? Opinion? OMG I am so excited! I can't wait for my baby to come home to mommy!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Yes, BALPOA is Baltimore. Mine arrived there as well.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Dragonfly79
1st Gear
Every time I put my vin in the Cargo ID I get a little pop up window with a box for me to put my vin number in that. I hit the ok button and the pop up window disappears but I get nothing else. Does this mean that my mini isn't on the boat yet?

Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 AM
leelika08
Neutral
Originally Posted by burne96
Great info, traveling on the Western Highway and will arrive in Charleston on the 26th.

Thanks
Just fyi the link to ol.miniusa.com pops up with the brackets still attached and doesnt work.

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated