1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:55 AM
minimidd77
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big, BIG thanks for the tracking info. My Mini is now ON the Elektra in Southampton, sailing for NYC on the 29th! I think it's smiling... I know I am! ; )

Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM
tedfromohio
Neutral
www.ol.miniusa.com doesn't appear to work - is there an updated site to check?

TedfromOhio

Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 AM
nddst
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tedfromohio
www.ol.miniusa.com doesn't appear to work - is there an updated site to check?

TedfromOhio
Try just http://ol.miniusa.com. Requires Flash to work correctly.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 AM
tedfromohio
Neutral
My mistake - thanks!

Ted

Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 AM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nddst
Try just http://ol.miniusa.com. Requires Flash to work correctly.
Or more correctly:
https://ol.miniusa.com/

Also can get there from main site:
http://www.miniusa.com/
Click on Owners Resources at bottom right.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:29 AM
joesantoyo78757
2nd Gear
Tracking K-Line Ships

I've discovered that using http://www.sailwx.info/ to track a K-Line ship didn't always provide the truly latest information on my ship's position ( i.e. all the way across the Atlantic it still showed my ship in the English Channel).

I got better results with Googling "Current Position (and then write in the ship's name)".

The first Google reference that consistently popped up was a www.marinetraffic.com link which contained a wealth of information on my specific ship as well as a info on its last port of call, a link to a map of its current location, and info on the ETA for its next port of call.

Once your car has been loaded at Southampton, your MA can give you the name of the specific ship onto which your MINI is traveling.

It's fun to track your MINI across the seas !

Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 PM
msealand
Neutral
Originally Posted by chiliTater
Once you are at 160 "Released to Distribution" you can try the following:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

NOTE: This website doesn't work in Safari. Try Firefox if you are a Mac. Put your VIN in "Cargo ID".
This link seems to work well in Safari and also seems to get around the user login issue that some people have been having:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

EDIT: Er, that was the same link... my bad. It does work in Safari, but you apparently have to go here first:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

it will load a blank page, but if you then click the first link it seems to work.

Last edited by msealand; 09-09-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Additional Information / Correction
Old 09-09-2011, 02:28 PM
MiniHaHa2012
Neutral
My first MINI is ALMOST here.....

Thanks for the great info on tracking my MINI!!! I've been tracking her since she was just going in to be painted and she is now on the Elektra at the port in Newark, NJ waiting to be off-loaded. I don't think I would have been THIS excited about getting her if it wasn't for the ability to track her every move. Thanks again zonedguy!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So a bit confused - Sorry for the question.

Why do MINI's port at Baltimore and Georgia instead of just porting where the VDC is? My last MINI ported in Charleston so it was right by the VDC. Seems odd to have to haul the cars back up north from Georgia or Baltimore just to get them to a VDC to then just redistribute them again.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
This is great and all...but I searched quickly...and no where could I find the tracking info for Countrymans (which are produced in Austria). Do Countrymans go from Austria to England to be loaded on ships to US....or do they ship from the closest body of water (ie. the mediterranean)? Hmm...wonder if the VDC will 'wipe' her desire to yodel?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:19 PM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
ok...after a quick google map session I learned that Graz, Austria (plant location) is due north of Slovenia....which....puts the closest body of water at the Adriatic Sea. What the crap? My girl will have more sea legs than road legs.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
msealand
Neutral
Originally Posted by rpetrecca
ok...after a quick google map session I learned that Graz, Austria (plant location) is due north of Slovenia....which....puts the closest body of water at the Adriatic Sea. What the crap? My girl will have more sea legs than road legs.
Countrymans are shipped out of Bremerhaven, Germany 1100km North of Graz.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:02 AM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
msealand...interesting and thanks for the update. So how did you come across this info?

At any rate, I still don't know the travel itinerary for my CM. So does it take the train to the channel then board a ship to England only to board another ship to the US? There is an extensive amount of 'mini tracking' info on this thread...I'm just trying to figure out how much of it applies to the CM's manufactured......somewhere in Europe.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 AM
msealand
Neutral
Originally Posted by rpetrecca
msealand...interesting and thanks for the update. So how did you come across this info?

At any rate, I still don't know the travel itinerary for my CM. So does it take the train to the channel then board a ship to England only to board another ship to the US? There is an extensive amount of 'mini tracking' info on this thread...I'm just trying to figure out how much of it applies to the CM's manufactured......somewhere in Europe.
I honestly don't remember where I dug that up, but it was somewhere in the countryman forums:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...yman-talk-355/

There are quite a few threads in there about tracking CMs specifically. Most of the info on this thread applies to CMs as well, including how to track the ships, etc. I've been using this info to track my CM which is currently waiting at the port in Bremerhaven waiting for the next ship. Apparently the CMs get there via train, but I don't know how you'd track that... you can pull up a web cam of the port and see the ships and the rail yard though:

http://www.blg.de/en/blg-logistics/s...am-automobile/

Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 AM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
Thanks. That's good info. So train first. Then on a ship which I would assume is direct to the US.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 AM
zentinal
1st Gear
Thanks!

Being able to track it's progress makes the waiting just a little more bearable.
My Little Grey Beast is on board the good ship Mignon, due into NYC on the 09/22.
Technology, it's a wonderful thing!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 AM
///Matthew
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by zentinal
Being able to track it's progress makes the waiting just a little more bearable.
My Little Grey Beast is on board the good ship Mignon, due into NYC on the 09/22.
Technology, it's a wonderful thing!
I think we may be in the same boat. No pun intended.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 PM
zentinal
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ///Matthew
I think we may be in the same boat. No pun intended.
Coolness.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This link appears to be dead: http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live...uthampton.html

The error message I get tells me the server cannot be found.

I am also getting a 404 error when using this link: http://www.siitech.net/VTSLite/AView.aspx

Just thought people would like to know.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 AM
rpetrecca
1st Gear
found some interesting information on countryman production/shipping/tracking...etc. It can be found here:

http://www.countrymanmotoring.com/

Old 09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PezRadar
So a bit confused - Sorry for the question.

Why do MINI's port at Baltimore and Georgia instead of just porting where the VDC is? My last MINI ported in Charleston so it was right by the VDC. Seems odd to have to haul the cars back up north from Georgia or Baltimore just to get them to a VDC to then just redistribute them again.
I don't know about Baltimore, but there is a VDC right by the port in Brunswick, GA.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:23 AM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
FWIW, the ist page instructions of this thread indicate if your Mini is coming into port in Brunswick, GA then your car will be on the WW line. In my case, this is not so. My Mini is on the K-Line and will port 9-27-11 into Brunswick, GA.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If you go to the Marine Traffic website, click "Live Map" and then zoom out far enough, you can see the coverage areas for AIS data. It looks like none of the websites mentioned will show ship positions out in the middle of the ocean, because the AIS radios don't reach out there.

So now that the Platinum Ray has left the Channel area (on 9-14), it is likely that the next position that we will be able to see for it will be in the Caribbean.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:39 PM
vicmini
1st Gear
Hi all, a question. If my car is going to the baltimore port will it stay at a VDC there? if so does anyone know how long do the cars stay there? thank's!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:31 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by vicmini
Hi all, a question. If my car is going to the baltimore port will it stay at a VDC there? if so does anyone know how long do the cars stay there? thank's!
Molly2 entered the USA at Baltimore and was processed at the VDC there in a day or two. How long it takes for your MINI depends on what they have to do to it -- parts to install, etc. -- and the number of vehicles to be processed. My understanding is that customer-ordered cars have first priority.

Enjoy your new baby

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated