1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonedguy
I've not seen or heard of that status code before. It is my guess that you should be on the phone with your MA IMMEDIATELY!
I sent an e-mail to my MA and he replied with, "It is due to arrive in 2 to 3 weeks." (no detail as to what 'returned to shipper' means)
"ASK MINI" replied with the car shows as being at the terminal and no other status is available.
Upon getting into work, I checked the W-W site again and it now shows all of the previous entries along with 'Loaded on Vessel 05/09/2008 15:45'. So it looks like my MAGILLA is Mid-Atlantic now. The M.V. Integrity left Southampton on Saturday 06/09/2008 and is due in NYC on Monday 15/09/2008.

Now I wont be able to sleep again. I'm getting excited!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:47 AM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
[quote=jpp_zoso;2455475]
but now the realization really hits...why oh why did i customize this thing? why didn't i just by the jcw model they had in the showroom or the s model they had on the lot? they were reasonably close to what i wanted...kinda sorta in a round about way. now i gotta wait! it hasn't even been two weeks yet and my mind is oatmeal.

Welcome to our dysfunctional family! Your new baby will be delivered sooner then you think. Settling for one that is close is NOT the MINI way! MINI encourages us crazies to get exactly what we want. A 12 week wait is not too hard to do. (I was originally given a 20 week estimate.)

There are lots of us out here to give support.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
denstep57
1st Gear
Picked up my spiffy new MINI yesterday.
This forum was outstanding in providing everything I needed to know about tracking it through the entire process.
Many, many, Thanks to the person who researched it and posted it for all of us!!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
wondering if this is normal...my owner's lounge status has been updated to "scheduled for production", got a vin number, mini dealer info inserted into my order details...but all the "factory ordered options" items are no longer listed. they're gone. mia. invisible. should i worry, or is this maybe a record in transition sorta like when the record first got posted into the owner's lounge and all the details were wrong or incomplete?

Old 09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jpp_zoso
wondering if this is normal...my owner's lounge status has been updated to "scheduled for production", got a vin number, mini dealer info inserted into my order details...but all the "factory ordered options" items are no longer listed. they're gone. mia. invisible. should i worry, or is this maybe a record in transition sorta like when the record first got posted into the owner's lounge and all the details were wrong or incomplete?
The OL went down yesterday or the day before and has been jacked up since. A few people have posted that they have mentioned this to the folks at ASK-MINI and have been assured that all of the details should be properly stored and that the website should be back up to snuff eventually.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
The OL went down yesterday or the day before and has been jacked up since. A few people have posted that they have mentioned this to the folks at ASK-MINI and have been assured that all of the details should be properly stored and that the website should be back up to snuff eventually.
ahhh, ok. good to know. thanks for the quick response.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ahhh, ok. good to know. thanks for the quick response.
My pleasure.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
well, the owner's lounge web site must have gotten hosed up good, 'cuz it still ain't fixed yet. good timing too...i hope they build the right mccs or it's getting sent back.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Browser_23
4th Gear
If you are using an old link try just using ol.miniusa.com. I thought the same as you and tried this and it worked fine.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
been there, done that...i can get into the site just fine, but my "factory installed options" are still mia. everything else appears to be ok, but no options listed.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good compliation job, zonedguy. One thing to add to the VDC section: those in the first couple build weeks of a new model year will experience delays as these cars have to undergo EPA inspection and certification.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes. This is normal.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sequence
good compliation job, zonedguy. One thing to add to the VDC section: those in the first couple build weeks of a new model year will experience delays as these cars have to undergo EPA inspection and certification.
Good point! I'll add it in when I make my next set of edits.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Misterfamous
1st Gear
Dealer just called and said my baby is ready for pickup ! Thank you to zonedguy and to everyone else on this thread who kept me sane (somewhat) during these last few weeks of waiting. The car- a 2008 MCS-A (that became a 2009) was ordered back in mid-June.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 AM
nullstadt
1st Gear
I've been finding that the AskMini reps are saying that they can't see the status codes...they can tell me that it's "in the body shop," etc, but that they can't see the codes. Anyone else also finding that to be true?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Jankjo
2nd Gear
Yep

The guy I talked to today said that they didn't have status codes anymore, they just had descriptions. He read me the description for my car which was something like they are working on getting it scheduled for production. He was able to tell me that they were targeting week 44, but he said that this isn't even an estimated production week. Just a target one.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
jackbenimble4
1st Gear
In section 4 there's an incorrect link for http://www.sailwx.info/. A parenthesis snuck into the url.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jackbenimble4
In section 4 there's an incorrect link for http://www.sailwx.info/. A parenthesis snuck into the url.
Fixed. Thanks!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Tempo House
1st Gear
Has anyone had experience tracking a mini to Hawaii? I'm assuming our clubman, being built right now I hope, will ship first to Port Hueneme, but after that …?

Old 01-12-2009, 05:50 AM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tempo House
Has anyone had experience tracking a mini to Hawaii? I'm assuming our clubman, being built right now I hope, will ship first to Port Hueneme, but after that …?
I know that there are other MINIs in Hawaii. Maybe one of them can provide an answer. Have you checked with your MA? or call 1-866-ASK-MINI (who may or may not have an answer)?

Old 01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
dvhone
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
Section 4 – Transport and Delivery

...WW provides a great website for you to check to see whether your MINI is booked aboard WW (or ARC) ships. You will need to start at the WW Cargo Tracking website: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/ Next you will need to select “Auto Cargo” from the menu on the right hand side of the page. The next page will allow you to enter your VIN (which you can obtain from the OL). ...
It's too early for my car to be showing up for transport, but the WW site seems to have changed from when this was written. There is no longer an "Auto Cargo" option on any menu. Anyone know where you enter your VIN on the new web-page? The tracking options are: Booking Number, Bill of Lading Number, Cargo ID, Customer Reference Number.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:48 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dvhone
It's too early for my car to be showing up for transport, but the WW site seems to have changed from when this was written. There is no longer an "Auto Cargo" option on any menu. Anyone know where you enter your VIN on the new web-page? The tracking options are: Booking Number, Bill of Lading Number, Cargo ID, Customer Reference Number.
Put your VIN in as the Cargo ID and it'll give you all the information its got!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
dvhone
3rd Gear
Thanks mate!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Woodys09
2nd Gear
Please tell me I have been told the wrong thing. I am stationed in Germany and ordered my MCS last week. I have a VIN yet I am being told because I am not in the States my mini can not be tracked. Is this correct? I mean I guess to get my fix I could fly over to Oxford for the weekend lol.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
okay... I get as far as finding which ship it's been loaded onto and it shows that it's set out from Southampton, but the only information I can find on the ship name is "Carmen"... when I look that up on the tracker over the Atlantic, it pulls up about 15-20 different vessels with "Carmen" in their name.

Is there some other way I can narrow it down?

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated