1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Atomic S
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, looks like your's is almost here! I've been reading everyones post of tracking their new rides coming over. To me this is so much better than just going and getting one at the local dealership! Too cool they will make one just for you!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Kirkz24
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For anyone that has a car sitting in Montreal (Québec, Canada) Train yards and wants to know when it will be coming off the train and be given to Hansen, you can call this number and ask them when your car will be "released" 514-734-2194.

I just called them and it looks like my car will not be unloaded untill Friday, but at least the supposid inital 2 week waiting wont be that long.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Good grief. I ordered my MCS mid March. I have a VIN number for it but I can't track it on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen page for some reason. I have tried entering it into all the different fields. It just gives me a NOT FOUND message. ARGH.

Is there another way? I hate harassing my MA...

I can't use the Owners Lounge because I am Canadian.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
melcmini
2nd Gear
I could not track mine through WW either because it was on the Olympian Highway, a K Line ship. Do you know when production was supposed to be finished? You may have to guess on what ship based on your production (birth date).

Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Carlisle
Good grief. I ordered my MCS mid March. I have a VIN number for it but I can't track it on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen page for some reason. I have tried entering it into all the different fields. It just gives me a NOT FOUND message. ARGH.

Is there another way? I hate harassing my MA...

I can't use the Owners Lounge because I am Canadian.

Not that I know of. Once my MA told me the status was something like "Arrived at point of exit" I started checking the WW site. It didn't show up there for at least a day after it reached the docks and was soon to be loaded on the boat. So for now your MA is your only source of info.

Once it gets to Halifax it get worse though. Unless you know someone with a CN Rail account you'll be completely in the dark as to where your car is.

My MINI took as long to get from Halifax to the dealer as it did crossing the ocean!

Once it gets picked up at the yard by the trucking carrier, you can track it once again here: http://www.lhf.com/hansens/index2.php

hope this helped out.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Originally Posted by melcmini
I could not track mine through WW either because it was on the Olympian Highway, a K Line ship. Do you know when production was supposed to be finished? You may have to guess on what ship based on your production (birth date).
Well-- as awesome as my MA is... I know he doesn't like his job, and I hate bothering him. The only date I am firm on is the date he told me he "ordered" the car, which was a couple days after I gave my deposit. I think I called him a week later and added the sport package at the last minute, and he called back to say he was able to change the order successfully.... (so, a week after I ordered, it was not in production yet)

I was originally told the old 6-8 week waiting game, but,... I remember the manager saying that he had just ordered a bunch of MCS' the week before, and that he thought he could go into the "system" and amend one of the orders before it went into production so that I could get my car sooner.

I guess that is not the case!

I'm actually a bit ashamed of my impatience. I keep telling myself it's just a car... it's not like I am anticipating the birth of my first born child!

Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Steveski
My MINI took as long to get from Halifax to the dealer as it did crossing the ocean!

Once it gets picked up at the yard by the trucking carrier, you can track it once again here: http://www.lhf.com/hansens/index2.php

hope this helped out.
Everything takes a long time traveling across Canada! Who knows where my MCS is... perhaps pirates attacked the ship and they are joyriding in my poor baby on some island in the Atlantic...

I'll send my MA an email. (He didn't respond to my email a week ago). To my credit, I have only emailed him 4 times in 8 weeks. I don't think that is too much!

I have the overseas VIN for my car... it is useless to me though.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
BRGminime
2nd Gear
Carlisle
I have not been on this thread so I do not know your whole story but I can feel your pain. My MINI is waiting at the port in Southhampton for a ride to the US. I'm in bad shape as my MA recently quit so I have a new MA that is giving me a bit of the run around.
Have you bothered/called 1-866-Ask Mini to confirm that your mini is completed and ready to ship? is it is ready for delivery then it is all on your MA to help you understand your ship ID/name and then you can use the shipping companies tracking to follow the boat, unless it is K-line.

Happy motoring!

Here's to waiting with you.. want some popcorn?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BRGminime
Carlisle
I have not been on this thread so I do not know your whole story but I can feel your pain. My MINI is waiting at the port in Southhampton for a ride to the US. I'm in bad shape as my MA recently quit so I have a new MA that is giving me a bit of the run around.
Have you bothered/called 1-866-Ask Mini to confirm that your mini is completed and ready to ship? is it is ready for delivery then it is all on your MA to help you understand your ship ID/name and then you can use the shipping companies tracking to follow the boat, unless it is K-line.

Happy motoring!

Here's to waiting with you.. want some popcorn?
Yah, the waiting is awful! We can share in each others pain! The funny thing is... I am fine with waiting when I know HOW LONG I have to wait for. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. It has been eight weeks now, and had I not emailed my dealership 2 weeks ago with my new insurance info, it is doubtful I would have even heard from them. It seems like... once they get your deposit, you become slightly less important than the dozen or so other people milling about inside the dealership that they could also collect deposits from.

I am call the ask mini hotline tomorrow! I hope Canadian residents can get their questions answered too!

Love the rims on your R57! They are my new favourite rims. I think my second favourite rims are the 15" or 16" "Hole-ies" from the first gen MINI. I really like them for some reason...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:11 AM
BRGminime
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Carlisle
Yah, the waiting is awful! We can share in each others pain! The funny thing is... I am fine with waiting when I know HOW LONG I have to wait for. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. It has been eight weeks now, and had I not emailed my dealership 2 weeks ago with my new insurance info, it is doubtful I would have even heard from them. It seems like... once they get your deposit, you become slightly less important than the dozen or so other people milling about inside the dealership that they could also collect deposits from.

I am call the ask mini hotline tomorrow! I hope Canadian residents can get their questions answered too!

Love the rims on your R57! They are my new favourite rims. I think my second favourite rims are the 15" or 16" "Hole-ies" from the first gen MINI. I really like them for some reason...
The owners lounge on MiniUSA just updates to say my Mini is "ENROUTE" on a boat!!! Do you have access to the lounge? If you enter your production number you should be able to get in and possibly get an update there? I hope your MINI is getting close?!!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Yay! I figured out how to track my MINI on the Walleinus Whihelmsen (I am sure I spelled that wrong) Track and Trace page.

This is for my fellow Canadians (not sure if it works with USA orders):

Once you have your EURO VIN (the temporary VIN they assign to your vehicle while they are building it-- before it arrives here) you take the last SEVEN DIGITS only and enter it in the CARGO ID field, then click on track.

Yay!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 AM
MyroMini
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For fellow Canadians - Port of Halifax also has a schedule of ships coming in and out. So once you know the name of the vessel (see page 1 of this thread), you'll be able to know exactly when it docks

http://www.portofhalifax.ca/english/...tusReport.aspx

Old 06-10-2009, 03:45 PM
DavidJS
2nd Gear
It would probably be good to mention somewhere that the WW Tracking site is not loadable using Safari on a Mac. Mac users need to use Mozilla, or another such browser.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Time to let my tracking begin.

Last edited by Jeremy1026; 06-11-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 AM
B.O.B.
2nd Gear

Last edited by B.O.B.; 12-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 AM
B.O.B.
2nd Gear

Last edited by B.O.B.; 12-03-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Jeremy1026
I want to say thanks to all those who provided insight to this thread. My MINI is on its way to my dealer from the VDC, so the long part of the tracking road is behind me, and now I only have about a week to go.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
m050120
1st Gear
Okay, so I've tried to be patient. 1.866.ASK.MINI told me that my new toy was at the docks on Wednesday (15 July 09). I've been on teh W&W site a dozen times. Put the last 7 of my VIN in to each of the fields. Still nothing. My MA hasn't given me anything else to go on. Does anyone know what other carriers I should be looking at? From what I understand, if it is K-Line, I won't be able to tell until my MA tells me something. I know that the car will be going from Southampton to Charleston, SC. I am chomping at the bit to get this thing!

Thanks for all your help.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Jeremy1026
Originally Posted by m050120
Okay, so I've tried to be patient. 1.866.ASK.MINI told me that my new toy was at the docks on Wednesday (15 July 09). I've been on teh W&W site a dozen times. Put the last 7 of my VIN in to each of the fields. Still nothing. My MA hasn't given me anything else to go on. Does anyone know what other carriers I should be looking at? From what I understand, if it is K-Line, I won't be able to tell until my MA tells me something. I know that the car will be going from Southampton to Charleston, SC. I am chomping at the bit to get this thing!

Thanks for all your help.
Use the full VIN as the cargo ID on WW's tracking site.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
It took awhile for my car to show up on the WW site. At least several days after it got to the docks.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:52 PM
m050120
1st Gear
This could be dangerous

http://www.marinetraffic.com/AIS/ge.aspx

HappyMotoring.

Last edited by m050120; 07-17-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM
jmhouse
2nd Gear
In the Links section,

AIS Tracking Information for Southampton and NYC (thanks MINIspud): http://www.siitech.net/VTSLite/AView.aspx

appears to be dead

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jmhouse
In the Links section,

AIS Tracking Information for Southampton and NYC (thanks MINIspud): http://www.siitech.net/VTSLite/AView.aspx

appears to be dead
Try this one:

http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live...uthampton.html

Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
spurta
Neutral
Originally Posted by Steveski
It took awhile for my car to show up on the WW site. At least several days after it got to the docks.
Mine took a while to show up on the WW site as well.

MINI Owner's Lounge showed it awaiting transport as of Monday, July 27. It just now showed up on the tracking site (July 30) and is scheduled to be on the boat July 31 with an ETA of August 22 at Port Huenem!

I can't wait!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 08:46 AM
mbu
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spurta
... It just now showed up on the tracking site (July 30) and is scheduled to be on the boat July 31 with an ETA of August 22 at Port Hueneme!...
Mine has the same scheduled arrival date as yours in port Hueneme, CA. Mine is on the cargo ship "Toronto" (WWL, call sign MKKE3). What ship is yours on?

By the way, does anybody have a link to a website that tracks ships as they cross the Atlantic? The website http://www.sailwx.info doesn't track the ship "Toronto" at all.

Thanks...

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated