Go Back  North American Motoring > MINIs in General > 1st Gear
How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated >

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

  #26  
Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
SPF ZERO's Avatar
SPF ZERO
SPF ZERO is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 479
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoonu View Post
From what I gather, 6-8 days in production and another 2-5 onto the ship.
That's about right... assuming there is a ship to your destination in that window. We waited a week at Southampton because there are fewer ships to the west coast.
 
  #27  
Old 07-08-2008, 07:53 AM
new22003
new22003 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoonu View Post
From what I gather, 6-8 days in production and another 2-5 onto the ship.
I spent 13 days at the port in southampton before getting a ship to the east coast.
 
  #28  
Old 07-09-2008, 08:12 AM
new22003
new22003 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just thought I would share my experience so people know real life time frames. I will post the actual time frame and what the automated line and web site said. They are very different. As many have said, the best source is your MA followed by live phone support.
  1. Ordered CR/W MCSa June 12 2008
  2. Scheduled for Week 25 production
  3. Vin Assigned June 14 2008
    • Status changed to "Scheduled for Production” June 14 2008.
    • Web site and phone both fairly up to date on both of these.
  4. Status changed to "In the Body Shop" June 20 2008.
    • Web still says "Scheduled for Production".
    • Phone reflected this 1 day later.
  5. Status Changed to "In the Paint Shop" June 21 2008.
    • Web site says "Scheduled for Production".
    • Phone reflected this 2 days later.
  6. Born June 22, 2008.
  7. At port of exit June 23, 2008.
    • Phone still stated “In the paint shop and due for completion June 22” as late as June 26th.
    • Web site says "awaiting transport" June 26.
    • June 27th the automated line finally updated to “at port awaiting shipping vessel”.
    • Even though I arrived at Southampton on the 23rd I missed the ships leaving on June 23, 25, and 28.
I finally left on the Sierra Nevada Highway July 5th, due July 17th at Charleston.
Automated phone didn’t recognize transport until July 8, 2008
Website ol.miniusa.com didn’t recognize “en route” until July 9, 2008
That’s where I’m at. I will update the process from Charleston to my dealer in Memphis when the time comes.
 
  #29  
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 AM
flammeart's Avatar
flammeart
flammeart is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new22003,
You waiting in Memphis as well?!?! Mine was born June 20 and landed in SC on Monday the 7th (on K-Line which you can't track. Was in limbo for a few days worrying that she hadn't made a ship!). From what my MA says it will probably be there for a few more days!!!
He hinted that I might take delivery around next Tuesday, which would be a PERFECT birthday gift for myself!!!
Have my fingers crossed!
 
  #30  
Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM
krim's Avatar
krim
krim is offline
5th Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SoCal 626
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no one has posted this in the thread yet, so i figured someone should.

wbarnhill's Dashboard (OS X) widget for tracking your MINI

See: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=145648
 
  #31  
Old 07-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Reprobate's Avatar
Reprobate
Reprobate is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And an excellent OS X widget it is. I've been running it for several days now, and it sure beats logging on to the MINI USA site and going through multiple layers of stuff, turning off the sound, etc etc, just to ascertain the OL status of my (hopefully) soon to be delivered MINI.

Highly recommended.
 
  #32  
Old 07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
NSX JR
NSX JR is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not see these in this thread, so here they are:

AIS for Charleston Harbor: http://www.charlestonpilots.com/aisLive.aspx

Google Maps location of Southampton Port: http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en...5,0.006829&t=k

I love the high res pic here, you can see all the MINIs waiting for the boat.
 
  #33  
Old 07-19-2008, 08:13 AM
AvidMINI's Avatar
AvidMINI
AvidMINI is offline
Seeing CHILI RED!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zonedguy, a BIG THANKS from this noob, who just ordered his MINI! Your insights and the information that followed will be a great source of excitement and consolation in the months ahead. Well done!
 
  #34  
Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Chili Sauce's Avatar
Chili Sauce
Chili Sauce is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info on this thread. I was invaluable in tracking my MC's journey from Oxford to Atlanta... just picked it up today!

Ordered it June 12, Picked it up from the dealership on July 19. Yippeee!
 
  #35  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM
AvidMINI's Avatar
AvidMINI
AvidMINI is offline
Seeing CHILI RED!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chili Sauce View Post
Ordered it June 12, Picked it up from the dealership on July 19. Yippeee!
Wow, that's quick! I wonder if it's because you're on the east coast of the U.S.

I ordered my car on July 19th and they're estimating delivery for "Week 32" around mid-September!
 
  #36  
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Pretzel Logic
Pretzel Logic is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Auburn, ME
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zonedguy, thanks for the great thread. Just to let everyone know, it appears that at least some K-Line ships can now be checked on the WW website.

I am booked on the Southern Highway for tomorrow according to the link to WW. Strange, as the schedule for this ship doesn't even have it going to NYC, but according to the WW site, this is where the ship will drop off my car.
 
  #37  
Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
NSX JR
NSX JR is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually it is scheduled to go there. If you look in the row for Jacksonville, you'll notice the Southern Highway says 03-AUG/NEWARK.
 
  #38  
Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 AM
new22003
new22003 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by new22003 View Post
I just thought I would share my experience so people know real life time frames. I will post the actual time frame and what the automated line and web site said. They are very different. As many have said, the best source is your MA followed by live phone support.
  1. Ordered CR/W MCSa June 12 2008
  2. Scheduled for Week 25 production
  3. Vin Assigned June 14 2008
    • Status changed to "Scheduled for Production” June 14 2008.
    • Web site and phone both fairly up to date on both of these.
  4. Status changed to "In the Body Shop" June 20 2008.
    • Web still says "Scheduled for Production".
    • Phone reflected this 1 day later.
  5. Status Changed to "In the Paint Shop" June 21 2008.
    • Web site says "Scheduled for Production".
    • Phone reflected this 2 days later.
  6. Born June 22, 2008.
  7. At port of exit June 23, 2008.
    • Phone still stated “In the paint shop and due for completion June 22” as late as June 26th.
    • Web site says "awaiting transport" June 26.
    • June 27th the automated line finally updated to “at port awaiting shipping vessel”.
    • Even though I arrived at Southampton on the 23rd I missed the ships leaving on June 23, 25, and 28.
I finally left on the Sierra Nevada Highway July 5th, due July 17th at Charleston.
Automated phone didn’t recognize transport until July 8, 2008
Website ol.miniusa.com didn’t recognize “en route” until July 9, 2008
That’s where I’m at. I will update the process from Charleston to my dealer in Memphis when the time comes.
Got my car. Here is the updated and simplified process.
June 12 Ordered, Week 25 Production
June 14 Vin Assigned
June 14 Status Changed to “In Production”
June 20 In the Body Shop
June 21 In the Paint Shop
June 22 Completed
June 23 At the Port
July 5 Left on the Sierra Nevada Highway (I missed several boats for some reason)
July 17 Arrived in Charleston
July 24 At my Mini Dealer
July 25 Picked Up
 
  #39  
Old 07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
kramster1962
kramster1962 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Clubman 2

Can feel your pain, Mini Mo is in PH and can't get an answer as of yet when she will make to Sacramento. Will call my agent in the morning.
 
Attached Thumbnails How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated-licence-plate-2.jpg  
  #40  
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 AM
NSX JR
NSX JR is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the actual location of the Greer VDC. The original link just goes to the center of the City of Greer. The VDC is just to the northeast of the BMW Manufacturing facility.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.013647&z=17
 
  #41  
Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
tomoarranmore
tomoarranmore is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found another site to track the K-Line ships is http://marinetraffic.com/ais/.
On the top, click on the Vessels tab, the click on the Search All url, and type in the name of your vessel. This site seems to update a little more frequently than the sailwx site does.
 
  #42  
Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 AM
DMAC57's Avatar
DMAC57
DMAC57 is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Round Lake IL
Posts: 529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps there is one thing that should be added to this sticky as a lesson learned. When ordering make sure you understand when the dealer is expecting the car. My car was ordered on 6/11 filling one of two Cabrio spots left for my delaer in 08. The car finished production on 7/16 and is still sitting at the port because my dealer ordered the car for an August delivery.
I was expecting an ealry August delivery but since I am still at the port today, I suspect the delivery will be mid to late August.
 
  #43  
Old 08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Reldieh
Reldieh is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic View Post
Just to let everyone know, it appears that at least some K-Line ships can now be checked on the WW website. ... I am booked on the Southern Highway for tomorrow according to the link to WW.
Where on the WW website can they be checked? What link did you use?
 
  #44  
Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
NSX JR
NSX JR is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a rare situation.
 
  #45  
Old 08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Reldieh
Reldieh is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured as much. Thanks
 
  #46  
Old 08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
cxg's Avatar
cxg
cxg is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California, MD
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASK MINI just told me they can't track after it gets on a ship to head overseas... seems odd to me since even the website has that info.
 
  #47  
Old 08-11-2008, 09:13 AM
snowcap_millie
snowcap_millie is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 83
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it sort of normal to wait more than 3-4 weeks to get a VIN number? I got a production number pretty quick, but I'm still waiting on an updated status (2 weeks now) The wait could be less painful knowing more information, although my MA dude told me I would get my MINI in about 90 days.

BTW this is the best source of info for knuckleheads like me who have no clue about how to get reliable information from people who have been there, as well people who are experiencing all of this at the same time as I am. Thank you!
 
  #48  
Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 AM
nicknbecka
nicknbecka is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stanwood, WA
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowcap_millie View Post
Is it sort of normal to wait more than 3-4 weeks to get a VIN number? I got a production number pretty quick, but I'm still waiting on an updated status (2 weeks now) The wait could be less painful knowing more information, although my MA dude told me I would get my MINI in about 90 days.

BTW this is the best source of info for knuckleheads like me who have no clue about how to get reliable information from people who have been there, as well people who are experiencing all of this at the same time as I am. Thank you!
Yep, I waited.... hmmmmm... almost four months? It all depends on when production is started. In my case, I got the VIN most quickly through the Owner's Lounge. It didn't show up there until the car was pretty much in production though.
 
  #49  
Old 08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
snowcap_millie
snowcap_millie is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 83
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow. It seems like that part of the wait is all over the place. Does the factory take the month of August off like the rest of Europe? I hate being so obsessed, but I don't think I'm alone...
 
  #50  
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 PM
nicknbecka
nicknbecka is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stanwood, WA
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowcap_millie View Post
wow. It seems like that part of the wait is all over the place. Does the factory take the month of August off like the rest of Europe? I hate being so obsessed, but I don't think I'm alone...
It seems that each dealer gets a certain allotment, and they're selling further and further into their future production as the production dates get further out.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.