Vendor Announcements Announcments from the Sponsors of North American Motoring. New products, test results, and more.

Audio Integrations - sub enclosures and high-end audio fabrication for the MINI

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Integrations - sub enclosures and high-end audio fabrication for the MINI

Hey guys - we're new vendors here and are happy to be a part of the MINI community! As a quick introduction to our company we're an audio shop that specializes in custom fabrication design and installation as well manufactures our own line of vehicle specific subwoofer enclosures. There are three of us here, Nick - Business Operations/Sales, Ryan -Install/Fabrications/Sales, and Todd - Install/Fabrications/Sales. Please feel free to pm (Audio Integrations), email or call with any questions. Visit our site to see our latest products and design work!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 PM
K_Blax
Neutral
Hey Guys,

I am wanting to install this Sony Explode amp in my MINI S and had a few questions. I think I will be able to do a custom intall in the right rear panel in the boot where the cd changer would go. I bought a kit to connect to the two rear speakers that converts into RCA imputs for the amp. My biggest question was power. Although the battery is in a super place for putting an amp in the boot of the car will my amp always be on if I hook up to the battery. "Normally you would run a blue remote wire to the head unit but I don't really want to get into all of the dash. Could I run the blue remote wire say from the rear 12V lighter socket to my amp. Would that be an ok spot to tie into since it only has power when the car is on or can the remote wire even work that way?

Thanks so much for you help,

Kris Blackwell
Pensacola, FL

Old 12-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Your amplifier will have a separate power wire (8 - 4 gauge), ground wire (8 - 4 gauge) and a remote turn on wire (16 - 18 gauge). You'll want to run a constant power ( 8 - 4 gauge) from the battery for the power input, make sure you fuse it within 18 inches or shorter of the battery. Then for the remote turn on you'll want to use a switched/ignition wire (power only when key/ignition is on). You don't want to hook the remote turn on wire to any circuit in the car that is constant, you'll also want to fuse the remote turn on wire as well.

If the lighter your referring to is on a switched circuit then that would work, but generally you only want your amplifier powered on when your radio is on. Hooking to anything other that the radio switched wire will keep your amp powered on regardless of the radio and can cause unnecessary wear on your amplifier. You'll also want to be careful the circuit you tie into can handle the extra current of the amp turn on, generally the factory fuses are only the correct amperage for factory devices in the vehicle.

Do you have the factory amplifier in your Mini?

Old 12-24-2007, 08:44 AM
K_Blax
Neutral
I am not sure if I have a factory amp in or not. I don't have the Hardon Karmon sound system. Would the amp be located under the front seats? Maybe I could tie in there? I have an 05 Mini S

Old 12-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Originally Posted by K_Blax
I am not sure if I have a factory amp in or not. I don't have the Hardon Karmon sound system. Would the amp be located under the front seats? Maybe I could tie in there? I have an 05 Mini S
No, the amp would be in the right side rear quarter panel if equipped, the turn on wire would be white there as well as at the radio.
There are some great threads stickied at the top of the audio section, below are a couple links about adding aftermarket gear to your mini, lots of info there on everything.
This thread is about adding an amplifier to a stock system
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...highlight=amps
This thread is a directory about all topics on adding/changing audio system
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=26547

Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
redmini04
1st Gear
hey guys.
Here is the deal. My 04 MCS w/ HK, the rears went out, only squeeks and pops-even when the head unit is off. So i figure the amp is toast. Not going to put any $ into that. Actually I was always dissapointed with the HK. The solution (this is where I need your help). I want to rip out the back seat (backs and bottom) and make a platform...kinda make it into a mini station wagon. I figure then that I will have all this room to put subs and amp(s). Any suggestions on a Head unit, amp(s), sub(s), door and rear speakers. I want all new. What I want out of the system is volume, cd, sat compatible, aux for ipod. Don't need nav, or dvd.
Thanks
Jim

Old 12-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Originally Posted by redmini04
hey guys.
Here is the deal. My 04 MCS w/ HK, the rears went out, only squeeks and pops-even when the head unit is off. So i figure the amp is toast. Not going to put any $ into that. Actually I was always dissapointed with the HK. The solution (this is where I need your help). I want to rip out the back seat (backs and bottom) and make a platform...kinda make it into a mini station wagon. I figure then that I will have all this room to put subs and amp(s). Any suggestions on a Head unit, amp(s), sub(s), door and rear speakers. I want all new. What I want out of the system is volume, cd, sat compatible, aux for ipod. Don't need nav, or dvd.
Thanks
Jim
PM'ed ya a couple ideas/options, let us know what ya think and we'll figure something out.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Montana82
1st Gear
Working on anything for the 2007 and on cooper models yet?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Originally Posted by Montana82
Working on anything for the 2007 and on cooper models yet?
we haven't gotten to it yet, it takes a while to build and develop one, and unfortunately at this time we don't have it on the schedule. It's been on our mind though...

Old 12-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Montana82
1st Gear
Thanks for the reply. Is there anybody you recommend, since you don't have one? You can PM me if you'd like.
Thanks again.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Originally Posted by Montana82
Thanks for the reply. Is there anybody you recommend, since you don't have one? You can PM me if you'd like.
Thanks again.
PM Sent, Thanks!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:58 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
What options do you have for after-market upgrades to the standard MINI speaker system in the 2008 models?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Originally Posted by rrcaniglia
What options do you have for after-market upgrades to the standard MINI speaker system in the 2008 models?
Hey - We haven't had the chance to get an 08 in the shop yet, so we're still unfamilar with what's exactly doable. Are you looking at upgrading some of the factory audio components or maybe just adding a subwoofer?

Old 01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
I didn't buy the upgraded speaker set and got the stock radio/CD player. I'm interested in what is doable. I don't want to light up the neighborhood with bass or screaming highs--I've got some hearing loss from my time in the military and have to be careful--but can still appreciate a full, rich sound. The stock speakers were a bit anemic. I don't know if there is anything wrong with the radio/CD.

R

Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 AM
bav_m_pwr
1st Gear
Is your sub box applicable to 2007s also, or just 02-06? Thanks!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:51 AM
mistro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wher are you guys located?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Audio Integrations
Banned
Originally Posted by bav_m_pwr
Is your sub box applicable to 2007s also, or just 02-06? Thanks!

Just the 02-06, we're looking for an 07 though to takje a peek at.

Originally Posted by mistro
where are you guys located?
Southern washington state, about twenty minutes away from portland

Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 PM
bav_m_pwr
1st Gear