Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Bag Riders - Air ride suspension kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM
FAMILYMANR53
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bag Riders - Air ride suspension kits

Hello. It has been awhile since i have posted but i came accross this that some people might be interested in. I was planning on installing air ride on my R53 last summer put could not find a kit for the Mini. I emailed Bag Riders last summer about my R53 and they came up with this new kit for the Mini. I plan on going this route this summer.

Bag Riders is a great company to deal with from what i have seen in the VW/Audi scene and they have some very good prices. You can get a full bag setup for an R53 for around 2k.

Please see link below. I figured this is worth posting.

http://bagriders.com/modlab/categori...S/MINI/COOPER/

Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
MCSSuShi
2nd Gear
I work with these Guys here in Burlington, VT. They are all great guys and willing to make things work for who ever wants to bag there car! Feel free to PM me for any questions or want to hear good feedback before spending 2 grand!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 AM
FAMILYMANR53
2nd Gear
Please feel free to post what your friends can offer for less than 2k and we can compare the difference in setups and what is involved with your setup vs the bagriders kit.

I have researched air ride for about a year and there are multiple bag setups that you can get for a lower cost. Bag over's are ok but 90% of the people go with the air struts after the have the bag overs. There is also alot of custom work involved as well with the bag over struts. Keep in mind to do the bag over setup you have to have coilovers which alone are 1k.

The bagriders setups is a bolt on kit. And they have a great reputation for there tech support and products.

Again, please post up what your friends can provide less than 2k and we can compare setups.

Maybe the few guys here that have bagged mini's can chime in with there experience as well.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 AM
xsmini
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Oh snap! This is my next set-up!.....Someday.

Looks awesome!

Nik

Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM
MCSSuShi
2nd Gear
FAMILYMANR53 I just posted my support for them, i hang out there and help out every once and a while when they need it. I asked Will the owner, to see what he offered for Bags on my mini and is was roughly around 2k. Like you said above they do offer a kit! Im completely new to bags but being around them, they seem very versatile and fun!. might end up going with them in the future, but i just purchased my Mini. I just want people to PM me if they have any questions or want to know anything about them, all i have is good things to say about them!

Thanks

Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Good find! Looking forward to bagged MINIs here

Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM
FAMILYMANR53
2nd Gear
FAMILYMANR53 I just posted my support for them, i hang out there and help out every once and a while when they need it. I asked Will the owner, to see what he offered for Bags on my mini and is was roughly around 2k. Like you said above they do offer a kit! Im completely new to bags but being around them, they seem very versatile and fun!. might end up going with them in the future, but i just purchased my Mini. I just want people to PM me if they have any questions or want to know anything about them, all i have is good things to say about them!

Thanks

gotcha. Will is the one that i was emailing back and fourth last year about the kit. I think it is a VW MK5 GTI kit but not sure. Either way i am excited. Bag Riders is the way i will go when i decide to bag my mini.

I hope to see others go this route to see there experiences with the setup. Most of the VW/Audi guys i have seen on VWVORTEX are pleased.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 AM
ViperNL
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing about bags is that it is counterintuitive. When you want to a firm ride your high and when you want a smooth ride you're low.

That being said however I am interested because of the amounts of snow we get here so sometimes and increased right I might help negotiate the amounts of snow here