CooperSAZ's 2005 LY/Blk R53 - Page 11 - North American Motoring

Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CooperSAZ's 2005 LY/Blk R53

Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 AM
5th Gear

Old 10-18-2017, 11:08 AM
5th Gear

suspension

I have not read thru your entire thread. You have some great parts. On the suspension department, which to me is one most important aspect of our cars, do you still have the stock springs and dampers? If so you really owe it to yourself to get something decent, and yes, the rear sway bar. The difference is immense and very rewarding on the road.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:35 AM
5th Gear

Whoohoo!! That's a lot of miles, glad yours is treating you well.

Hope the wife is doing better! Also very happy to see that your Liquid Yellow is still alive and kicking
Old 10-18-2017, 01:14 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarom058 View Post
Whoohoo!! That's a lot of miles, glad yours is treating you well.

Hope the wife is doing better! Also very happy to see that your Liquid Yellow is still alive and kicking
Thanks Stephan!

Yes, she is doing better now. Nerve pain is all but gone but the re-hab starts now which can be a long process. 9 weeks post op and looks to be another month or two. A slow and steady recovery for sure. She hoping to get back to driving herself in the next couple of weeks.

He is doing well at the moment. Can't really complain. I need to locate/secure a new cloth driver seat since the seat bolster is now torn and looks awful. Found a replacement seat on eBay for a decent price and then it disppeared.

Unable to locate one ever since. But I keep looking...
Old 10-18-2017, 01:20 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwR53S View Post
I have not read thru your entire thread. You have some great parts. On the suspension department, which to me is one most important aspect of our cars, do you still have the stock springs and dampers? If so you really owe it to yourself to get something decent, and yes, the rear sway bar. The difference is immense and very rewarding on the road.

Agreed. I've been hesitant on which direction to move in... (indecisive/lazy?) I like the appeal of the TSW springs with the Koni yellows... But then the KW coilovers are only a few bucks more along with the benefits/adjustments that come with that. Once I figure that out, then the rear sway bar and end links should come so I can replace all of it while I am in there...

I have the suspension setup and dialed in on the CRX and agree, the rear sway bar is a great addition to a FWD car. Just need to get off my duff and decide which direction to go. But agreed, I am being weak in this department for sure.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:35 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperSAZ View Post
Agreed. I've been hesitant on which direction to move in... (indecisive/lazy?) I like the appeal of the TSW springs with the Koni yellows... But then the KW coilovers are only a few bucks more along with the benefits/adjustments that come with that. Once I figure that out, then the rear sway bar and end links should come so I can replace all of it while I am in there...

I have the suspension setup and dialed in on the CRX and agree, the rear sway bar is a great addition to a FWD car. Just need to get off my duff and decide which direction to go. But agreed, I am being weak in this department for sure.
Hmm, I'm not too sure I can justify coilovers on these cars...I'm currently running OEM suspension with a H-Sport RSB and Energy Suspensions zerk bushings, and I absolutely love it...I'd be happy to let you drive mine to see how you like it before purchasing! If you ask me, polyurethane bushings and a RSB is all we need, a little body roll is quite nice for predicting lift-off shenanigans. If/when you decide to pick one up, my local buddy midwestinsocal is selling his 22mm H&R! Used sway bars are the way to go...it's going to get scratched up anyway, and you're saving the environment by cutting down on shipping!

Great news about the missus, by the way! I hope her recovery is as speedy as a tastefully modified 53

As far as your cloth seats go, I have a buddy who just replaced his seats for some buckets. Not sure if they were cloth, but I'll ask him and get back to you! Are yours the nice half-black leather, half-grey cloth ones?
Old 10-19-2017, 11:50 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarom058 View Post
Hmm, I'm not too sure I can justify coilovers on these cars...I'm currently running OEM suspension with a H-Sport RSB and Energy Suspensions zerk bushings, and I absolutely love it...I'd be happy to let you drive mine to see how you like it before purchasing! If you ask me, polyurethane bushings and a RSB is all we need, a little body roll is quite nice for predicting lift-off shenanigans. If/when you decide to pick one up, my local buddy midwestinsocal is selling his 22mm H&R! Used sway bars are the way to go...it's going to get scratched up anyway, and you're saving the environment by cutting down on shipping!

Great news about the missus, by the way! I hope her recovery is as speedy as a tastefully modified 53

As far as your cloth seats go, I have a buddy who just replaced his seats for some buckets. Not sure if they were cloth, but I'll ask him and get back to you! Are yours the nice half-black leather, half-grey cloth ones?
Hmmmm.

I have the cloth on cloth seats. I knew this might be a problem when I configured him back in 2004 and now it is an issue.

Example:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/YvhoE9][/url