South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Halloween Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 07:34 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halloween Rally

Okie dokie guys, I've stepped up to the plate for this one! I have several ideas, and trying to figure out what would be the best for this! A scavenger hunt came to mind over the weekend, but a navigator would be required for this one! I've also thought about a night drive to the beach and possibly have a fire, if it's allowed and roast some marshmallows and hot dogs! I've also thought about a run around the Devil's Tramping ground and end up there with the same idea with the beach, providing that's legal or a permit can be acquired. The only thing I'm afraid of is the Devil's Tramping Ground may be a little on the crowded side!

If anyone knows of any good haunted areas that we could end up meeting at the end of the rally, let me know and I'll work on a route from there! I'm thinking that a Saturday dusk/evening run may be best for most people, this way people who want to come and can't get off work that Monday, they can come on out and ride with us.

I will be giving prizes for best dressed MINI!

Michelle

Old 08-03-2004, 03:57 PM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Do you mind non-Carolinas MINIs?

Old 08-04-2004, 05:14 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
The more the merrier! I don't want to limit this to just carolina MINIs, so come on up! I'm slowly figuring out what I want to do. I just need to get directions to these places. We will probably end the run at the Devil's Tramping Ground in Siler City. SCARY!!!!! Still trying to figure out prizes for best dressed MINI as well!

Michelle

Old 08-04-2004, 07:20 AM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 1MiniGrl
The more the merrier! I don't want to limit this to just carolina MINIs, so come on up! I'm slowly figuring out what I want to do. I just need to get directions to these places. We will probably end the run at the Devil's Tramping Ground in Siler City. SCARY!!!!! Still trying to figure out prizes for best dressed MINI as well!

Michelle
Mine would be disguised as a "Green Ghost" from Scooby Doo.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:23 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Cool! I'm going to have a cape on mine and dress it up as a vampire. I will be its first victim of course, and I'll become a MINIpire! Either that or dress her up as Dragula and me go as Lily Munster! Don't know a guy taller than me to go as herman, but it would rock!

Michelle

Old 08-04-2004, 10:16 PM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Cool! I'm going to have a cape on mine and dress it up as a vampire. I will be its first victim of course, and I'll become a MINIpire! Either that or dress her up as Dragula and me go as Lily Munster! Don't know a guy taller than me to go as herman, but it would rock!

Michelle
LOL...just how tall are you?

Old 08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
JohnNC
2nd Gear
Ghostly routes

Okie dokie guys, I've stepped up to the plate for this one! I have several ideas, and trying to figure out what would be the best for this! A scavenger hunt came to mind over the weekend, but a navigator would be required for this one! I've also thought about a night drive to the beach and possibly have a fire, if it's allowed and roast some marshmallows and hot dogs! I've also thought about a run around the Devil's Tramping ground and end up there with the same idea with the beach, providing that's legal or a permit can be acquired. The only thing I'm afraid of is the Devil's Tramping Ground may be a little on the crowded side!

If anyone knows of any good haunted areas that we could end up meeting at the end of the rally, let me know and I'll work on a route from there! I'm thinking that a Saturday dusk/evening run may be best for most people, this way people who want to come and can't get off work that Monday, they can come on out and ride with us.

I will be giving prizes for best dressed MINI!

Michelle
Might I suggest http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/ to find a route in your area. Think I may have given wrong web address previously

Last edited by JohnNC; 08-04-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:17 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by gravedgr
LOL...just how tall are you?
I'm about 6' or 6'1" depeding on who you ask and what doctor's office takes the measurement. Last time, I was 6'1".

Michelle

Old 08-05-2004, 07:14 AM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Wow! You're as tall as me! Aren't you glad the MINI has such good interior room despite the car's size? When I first tell people I'm getting a MINI, their first reaction is "Isn't that a really small car?".

Old 08-05-2004, 07:19 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Wow! You're as tall as me! Aren't you glad the MINI has such good interior room despite the car's size? When I first tell people I'm getting a MINI, their first reaction is "Isn't that a really small car?".
What's better is the looks I get from people when I got to get into the car!!! They stare at me like a circus clown trying to figure out how I'm going to get into the MINI! I have a friend that wants to drive it, but thought he couldn't get into the car to drive it because he is as tall as me! Richard and I send each other MINI stuff via company mail too! Very funny!!!

Despite all the looks, I enjoy being my tall self!

Hey, you could be Herman Munster! I just couldn't wear heels!

Michelle

Old 08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
gravedgr
4th Gear
What's better is the looks I get from people when I got to get into the car!!! They stare at me like a circus clown trying to figure out how I'm going to get into the MINI! I have a friend that wants to drive it, but thought he couldn't get into the car to drive it because he is as tall as me! Richard and I send each other MINI stuff via company mail too! Very funny!!!

Despite all the looks, I enjoy being my tall self!

Hey, you could be Herman Munster! I just couldn't wear heels!

Michelle
Oh goody goody! <insert Herman Munstar laugh>

Old 08-09-2004, 06:43 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Herman rocks. There are two types of people in this world, those who love the Munsters and those who loves the Addams Family. Sorry, but I'm a Munsters Girl!!! mmmmm....mommy's homemade cupcakes! Oh wait, I digress, which is very easy for me to do....back to the point at hand!

I did some checking around and I found out that the Devil's Tramping Ground is a secluded spot in the woods, not telling you how I found out, but it was a blonde moment for myself, we will not end up there...the MINIs will be parked in the middle of no where for at least 3 hours...yeah right, as if I will, or anyone else as a matter of fact, leave my MCS in the middle of no where with Jethro and Billy Bob running around with their mustangs...the tramping ground is an hour hike into the woods. It would be cool to see it, but not with having to leave MINIs unattended in the back woods of NC! I'm still doing some checking around for some things to do. There is a bridge that poses great interest in the spook factor...I just have to find it now!

There is a fly flying around my desk...what is wrong with this picture???

Michelle

Old 08-09-2004, 06:43 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Oh goody goody! <insert Herman Munstar laugh>
Now we just need to find, Grandpa, Eddie and Marylin and figure out which MCS will be Dragula!

Michelle

Old 08-09-2004, 08:31 AM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Herman rocks. There are two types of people in this world, those who love the Munsters and those who loves the Addams Family. Sorry, but I'm a Munsters Girl!!! mmmmm....mommy's homemade cupcakes! Oh wait, I digress, which is very easy for me to do....back to the point at hand!
I actually liked both. Of all the character, I think Lurch was my favorite.
"Yooooouuuuuu raaaannnggg?"

Old 08-09-2004, 08:35 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Lurch Rocks!!!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 08:43 AM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
and figure out which MCS will be Dragula!

Michelle
I just saw Dragula last month at the Volo Auto Museum close to Chicago. Got a picture somewhere around here.

By the way I have been "Lurching" around here 'cause I am planning on a haunted rallye for Smokey Moutain MINIs over in Sevier County TN. But I think we're going commercialized and ending up at the Ripleys Haunted Museum in Gatlinburg. It sounds like yours is gonna be a lot of fun too. :smile: :smile:

Old 08-09-2004, 08:45 AM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Originally Posted by queenB
I just saw Dragula last month at the Volo Auto Museum close to Chicago. Got a picture somewhere around here.

By the way I have been "Lurching" around here 'cause I am planning on a haunted rallye for Smokey Moutain MINIs over in Sevier County TN. But I think we're going commercialized and ending up at the Ripleys Haunted Museum in Gatlinburg. It sounds like yours is gonna be a lot of fun too. :smile: :smile:
Maybe we'll do that one too! You're not so far from Atlanta, and we used to go to Gatlinburg every fall for the car show (Shades of the Past - now in Pigeon Forge).