Scenic City MINIs The club forum of the Scenic City MINIs in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Mod Meeting!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 06:51 PM
minivern
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod Meeting!

We need a Chattanooga pulley party!
There has been some interest in a SCM Pulley gathering on March 5. Is everyone game?

Old 02-20-2006, 01:22 PM
yumyumdriver
2nd Gear
You can count me in.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:41 PM
minivern
2nd Gear
pulley details

From our very generous host for SCM's first Mod Meeting:

Samantha and I are really looking forward to meeting everyone. Does 2:00 sound like a reasonable time to meet? I want to make sure that we have enough time to work on the mods and meet everyone and their "babies". Then, if anyone is interested, we could all go out for dinner that evening. Mini motorcade? =-)
We will be providing sodas, a couple of varieties of beer and snack food for the get together that afternoon. If it's cold outside, we can thaw out and play a round of darts or air hockey in the basement.

Here's our information:

Looking forward to meeting everyone March 5th!
Chris

Old 02-23-2006, 03:17 PM
resipsamcs
3rd Gear
I'm not sure I understand the posts above!? Is this a gathering where someone will be there to sell and install parts? If so, who? "Pulley Parties" as I understand them (and have attended some) are gatherings with a vendor/installer present to sell and install various aftermarket parts.

Just looking for some clarification. If this is something different, let me know, as I know an outstanding vendor/installer who stopped by and did some work for me today while on his way to Atlanta for a pulley party down there. His name is Waylen, he's from from Indiana, and can be reached at www. waymotorworks.com or waylen@waymotorworks.com.

Waylen sells and installs a variety of aftermarket parts and does so at very competitive prices, often much less than some others. I added an Alta lightweight 2% oversize crank pulley and an H-Sport Comp. rear swaybar to my already modified 2003 MCS. Very happy with the products, installation, and price paid.

Let me know what you guys are planning for March 5th, and I will either hush up or can provide my information and assistance for those seeking to modify their cars. As a sidenote, I have absolutely no financial interest or stake in promoting Waylen's work. I have had some of the top MINI tuners work on my car, and was simply pleased with the work and prices charged by Waylen.

Len

Old 02-23-2006, 04:15 PM
cbayles
2nd Gear
Clarification

There won't be a vendor or professional mechanic at the party. A couple of us are planning on self-installing some mods (a pulley being one of them). It's mainly going to be a meet and greet and a tire kickin' party.

My wife and I are proud new owners of two MCS's and we just wanted to meet and socialize with some fellow Mini owners!

-Chris

Old 02-23-2006, 06:26 PM
minivern
2nd Gear
Count me in!!

Old 02-27-2006, 11:37 AM
resipsamcs
3rd Gear
Thanks for the clarification Chris. My son and I will try and be there Saturday.

Len

Old 02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
cbayles
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by resipsamcs
Thanks for the clarification Chris. My son and I will try and be there Saturday.

Len
The 5th is Sunday! See you then?

The pulley has arrived!!!

Old 02-28-2006, 05:28 AM
yumyumdriver
2nd Gear
The pulley looks Sweeeet Chris! Can't wait to see how easy it is to install and how it performs. See ya on Sunday

Old 03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
cbayles
2nd Gear
Thank you!!!

I want to thank everyone for coming over yesterday! Samantha and I enjoyed meeting everyone and I really enjoyed getting that Helix pulley installed! Zipper runs like a champ! I've noticed a significant increase in low-end torque. The extra whine of the supercharger is the icing on the cake!

The Mod talk begins....

Let's get this party started!

How do you get that shaft cap off?

Wrenching off the old pulley with the deluxe pulley removal tool.

Time for the Helix pulley....

What a pretty sight..

Old 03-06-2006, 06:53 PM
resipsamcs
3rd Gear
Chris and Samantha:

Thanks for having Davis and me over, we had alot of fun. It was great hanging out with our new MINI friends, I hope we can get together again soon.

Samantha - email me at lgx2@tvn.net or call my office at 965-9055 anytime if you want to visit with some of the "good guys".

Chris - So...what's next?

Jeff - If you are interested in the aero grill, check out Classic on NAM, usually they sell at a discount, I spent fifty something I think. How about an aero grill install party if you get the grill? I have mine as well as instructions, but have been a little concerned about doing it by myself and screwing it up. Craig Hyde ("Rawhyde") here and on NAM has some real skills with cars and has indicated an interest in helping out. I am also seriously considering blacking out the beltline and having an experienced hand with any mod is always nice to have around. Let me know.

Ocean - Where can I find that cartoon MINI like in your sig? I think it looks really good personalized like you did and would like to do that myself.

Len

Old 03-15-2006, 12:52 AM
minivern
2nd Gear
Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry I had to miss it. I'll be there next time!!

Old 03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
cbayles
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minivern
Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry I had to miss it. I'll be there next time!!
Thank you for the brownies! They were tasty! We can't wait for the next meetup!

-Chris

Old 03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
cbayles
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by resipsamcs
Chris - So...what's next?
What's next? Hehhehehe... Just take a peek at my gallery. I installed an Alta catch can and and Alta intercooler diverter with sprayer. I was surprised at the amount of oil that came out of my intercooler when I removed it. I hope the catch can will alleviate that problem. Now I'm waiting on my checkered mirror caps and aux gauge pod that I won on E-Bay.

I love the pulley!