R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Officially on order

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Ryanzak
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Officially on order

I did it! Pulled the trigger.

Ordered an S All4, black on black with black 18" rims. Black lounge leather, anthracite top liner, grey mini check trim, chrome exterior. mini connected, cold weather, convenience, sport suspension, sport package, premium pkg. Dimming mirrors, adaptive lighting pkg. Basically, loaded! without nav. thats what iphones are for.

Can't wait to get my production number. Hopefully in the morning. I LOVE waiting for cars!

It's on Leon!!!

Dealer gave me tint, wheel locks, and floor mats. Feel great as the other dealers wouldn't give me anything.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryanzak
I did it! Pulled the trigger.

Ordered an S All4, black on black with black 18" rims. Black lounge leather, anthracite top liner, grey mini check trim, chrome exterior. mini connected, cold weather, convenience, sport suspension, sport package, premium pkg. Dimming mirrors, adaptive lighting pkg. Basically, loaded! without nav. thats what iphones are for.

Can't wait to get my production number. Hopefully in the morning. I LOVE waiting for cars!

It's on Leon!!!

Dealer gave me tint, wheel locks, and floor mats. Feel great as the other dealers wouldn't give me anything.

Sit tight on a production number. Especially now over the holidays. You probably won't see one until the New Year.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Congrats! That'll be a great car. Hopefully your wait will be a short one.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds sweet! Blacked out with the chrome accents will be killer!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Ryanzak
2nd Gear
Got my production number. discovered a missing option. FAIL. I should get a new one tomorrow. I guess they couldn't just change it easily.. ooh well, it's on its way.. anyone else have to make a change after the order was placed online? is this normal?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:01 PM
old81
M6
Congratulations, sometimes the dealers can get little changes in before the MINI enters production.

That is one loaded Countryman.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 AM
spaner
3rd Gear
changes

I made a lot of minor changes after ordering - mainly because the options list didn't exist in a solid form (convenience package with NAV for instance) and the dealer and I had to keep plugging things in to see if they would take

In fact I think I made a change on the Saturday two days before production started

Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Ryanzak
2nd Gear
Well, Mini of San Antonio gets an F from me. They couldn't apparently make any changes to the order as they had changed an allocated vehicle to suit my needs at the last minute. Then when they tried to change it to add the missing option it was too late. I'm ordering this car exactly how I want it and not accepting anything less than what I want. They tried to give me a discount for the missing option but I want what I want.

So I got my deposit back and moved up to Mini of Austin, they are taking good care of me. And they are SO much more organized. Pretty slick, within about 60 minutes we were done and ordered. Took two days through Mini of SA. Sounds like they need to get their Sh^t together.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Well, Mini of San Antonio gets an F from me. They couldn't apparently make any changes to the order as they had changed an allocated vehicle to suit my needs at the last minute. Then when they tried to change it to add the missing option it was too late. I'm ordering this car exactly how I want it and not accepting anything less than what I want. They tried to give me a discount for the missing option but I want what I want.

So I got my deposit back and moved up to Mini of Austin, they are taking good care of me. And they are SO much more organized. Pretty slick, within about 60 minutes we were done and ordered. Took two days through Mini of SA. Sounds like they need to get their Sh^t together.
Glad you got it all sorted out. No sense in settling when you can get exactly what you want. I would have done same. Congrats on getting your order in. Do you have a production week slotted yet?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
magpullin
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am about to deal with MINI of SA too. I have been there a few times and am not impressed to say the least. Many things have sent up red flags already. Maybe I will just deal with Austin MINI too.
...matthew