R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can you track the progress of the Aida from the shipping sit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 05:18 AM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if you can track the progress of a ship while in route to see if it is delayed or even (hopefully) early in estimated arrival? I can find the ship, and look at the itinerary, but I thought someone had said that you can track the ship as it sails. Any help?
Thx.

Old 07-30-2002, 05:50 AM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can go to http://www.oceanweather.com and track it from there. Go to Current Marine Data in the bottom right. Click on where you think your ship is, and track it with the Marine Observations view. AIDA appears by it's call sign SCFI.
If you don't see it, check back in a few hours.

Old 07-30-2002, 08:14 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
Wow!! Do you have a license to be that resourceful?? or are you running around free-lance? I think I've seen you-- don't you ride a white horse and leave a silver bullet? Yeah, I think I saw your show....
Anyway, thanks alot!!
Did you get confirmation that you are on the Aida? Have you given the details of your premie-- is it an S? color? Are we going to get a group to go to NJ and see these minis in the floating nursery? I hope your premie is out of ICU....

Old 07-30-2002, 08:23 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
>>You can go to http://www.oceanweather.com and track it from there. Go to Current Marine Data in the bottom right. Click on where you think your ship is, and track it with the Marine Observations view. AIDA appears by it's call sign SCFI.
>>If you don't see it, check back in a few hours.

I tried your link. It works!! really cool!! When I looked real close, I think I saw my mini waving... well it was just a small wave... after all, it IS a mini...

How did you find out about this site?

Old 07-31-2002, 04:52 AM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
I found out about that site at the (Shhhhhhhhhh!) MINI2 forum. Someone posted the info there, and I decided to pass it along.

I missed the Aida, but that's ok...I'm now loaded on the Isolde! Yippeeeee!

Old 07-31-2002, 07:08 PM
ubuyifly
1st Gear
Help My boat Otello should be off the coast of Fl. rounding the corner to the canal. How can I get its call sign???????

Old 07-31-2002, 07:25 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
You can get the call sign here: http://psix.uscg.mil/psix2/vesselsearch.asp

Your ship may or may not show up! Reason for this is:
Where do the ship observations come from?
Ships that are part of the VOS (Voluntary Observing Ship) program report weather in realtime and this information is forwarded to weather centers around the globe. The NOAA VOS page http://www.vos.noaa.gov/wmo.html gives more information.

So, if your ship doesn't participate, chances are you won't see it. A ship such as AIDA participates and shows up MOST times but not all. If you don't see your ship, try again in a few hours. It may have not reported earlier.

The OceanWeather FAQ's are where I got that from.

Old 07-31-2002, 08:15 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
Thx again for the info. I have been on 'de utha' site a few times. Glad you got on the next boat. When is your estimated arrival? Since some boats make more stops, your arrival could be sooner than the Aida.
When I called mini today, they still have me waiting to transport. I told them about the shipping site info, and that I tracked the ship and was sure I saw my mini-- (they asked if I had taken a vacation lately, and diplomatically suggested that summer is a great time to take a long weekend....)

Have they updated your status yet at Mini?

Old 08-04-2002, 08:28 PM
bingalls
Neutral
This is very cool, but I can not seem to locate the "Isolde" which I think has my MINI and is due into NY/NJ tomorrow. (Monday - August 5th.) I think the call sign is "9V5544" Anyone else look into this ship and find it?

Waiting for my: Cooper S, Drk Metalic Silver w/blk roof, premium and sport packages. Sterling, Virginia. :smile: