New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

NYC area MINIs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:20 PM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm in Northern/Central NJ just west of Staten Island. Depending on where you meet and the times I can be inclined to make a run! Seems like you guys head upstate a bit, takes me about 40-45 mins to get to the GWB with no traffic. Been wanting to open this thing up on some twisties and just got my RSB installed so really wanting to go!

Old 01-24-2017, 12:20 PM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meets will start in April. Unless March is warm.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:27 PM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MAGICIAN
Meets will start in April. Unless March is warm.

Awesome, will hopefully have this thing "complete" by then. Although I'm sure if I see Vaders Stage 3+, "complete" will turn to "in progress" again haha.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:00 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Ok, I don't condone this one bit, but...tonight I took one an SRT8 Charger and kept him staring at my tail lights.

My R60 is Bone Stock, no tune what-so-ever (yet anyways), not lowered, no big intake, just however it rolled off the show room floor. I am beyond ****ing impressed. He pulled in behind me into the Dunkin off the Hutch before the Whitestone Bridge and he thought I was running some crazy set-up. The look on his face was priceless when I opened the hood and he saw the tiny engine.

I can't wait to see what this thing can do with a few mods and a tune.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:52 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MannyJimenez
Ok, I don't condone this one bit, but...tonight I took one an SRT8 Charger and kept him staring at my tail lights.

My R60 is Bone Stock, no tune what-so-ever (yet anyways), not lowered, no big intake, just however it rolled off the show room floor. I am beyond ****ing impressed. He pulled in behind me into the Dunkin off the Hutch before the Whitestone Bridge and he thought I was running some crazy set-up. The look on his face was priceless when I opened the hood and he saw the tiny engine.

I am very pleased with how this car performs, I frequently "uphold the law" and match the A-holes that try to go straight in the turning lanes around me with their higher level vehicles. I am very surprised with what I can hang with.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:24 AM
MAGMiniNY
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-25-2017, 02:11 PM
LORDVDR
4th Gear

That's the way to do it...YES!

Old 01-25-2017, 02:32 PM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
Great story Manny. I'm looking to put together a Westchester mini club together. My friend is the sales manager at Westchester mini here in WP ny. Sundays I usually go to cars & coffee in Yorktown heights, ny. It's early in the morning 8am-10am. A lot of different marques. I'm usually the only mini. Everyone is invited to cruise up with me. I have a DUNCAN that's close to the sprain pky. We can get breakfast or get it up there at the DD in Yorktown. LordVDR has met me and we had fun. I have some great roads to go on if we get enough cars. Talk soon...

Old 01-25-2017, 11:19 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Great story Manny. I'm looking to put together a Westchester mini club together. My friend is the sales manager at Westchester mini here in WP ny. Sundays I usually go to cars & coffee in Yorktown heights, ny. It's early in the morning 8am-10am. A lot of different marques. I'm usually the only mini. Everyone is invited to cruise up with me. I have a DUNCAN that's close to the sprain pky. We can get breakfast or get it up there at the DD in Yorktown. LordVDR has met me and we had fun. I have some great roads to go on if we get enough cars. Talk soon...

LORDVDR is super chill and very excited about his project car. I just want that R58 for a spin when he's done.

I would love to come up just have to find the time. Lets shoot for after the Super Bowl.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:04 AM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
Sunday mini cruise

I usually start going after winter around April. If you like cars Wednesdays at bear mt. NY. Check on line. Big show. When the weather is good.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:02 PM
LORDVDR
4th Gear
Thanks buddy! Yeah that was super fun that day. Can't wait for spring and head on up there soon.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:03 PM
LORDVDR
4th Gear

LORDVDR is super chill and very excited about his project car. I just want that R58 for a spin when he's done.

I would love to come up just have to find the time. Lets shoot for after the Super Bowl.
You da man. Definitely going for that drive for sure.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Detzl
1st Gear
Anybody going to wookie in the woods this year?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Detzl
Anybody going to wookie in the woods this year?
Needed es more info

Old 01-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Detzl
1st Gear
http://www.wookiesinthewoods.com/

I seen a post while back that there were minis going to the even. I think it was back in 2015.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
http://www.wookiesinthewoods.com/

I seen a post while back that there were minis going to the even. I think it was back in 2015.
It says on the website that it is a Volkswagen event

Old 01-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Detzl
1st Gear
It says on the website that it is a Volkswagen event
Everybody is welcome. There will be other cars besides vdubs.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 AM
LORDVDR
4th Gear
Everybody is welcome. There will be other cars besides vdubs.
That's awesome...now I can be even MORE of the odd man out even at a non MINI event. lol

Old 03-05-2017, 10:49 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
If you guys are in the NY area and want to hang out with other minis click a link below and PM or DM us

Old 03-05-2017, 11:32 PM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
I'm in Westchester ,ny. So once the weather gets a little warmer Sunday mornings 8am-10am we have cars & coffee in Yorktown, ny at the Duncan Donuts. If this sounds good we can meet I'm on the way and then cruise up. All marques are welcome. Then if you want to go on a run that could be arranged. We have some great roads here. And bear mt. So put me on your list. Here's my mail. Talk soon...
Willastoundu@aol.com always ready to cruise.

Philip Klipper

Old 03-07-2017, 10:15 AM
LORDVDR
4th Gear
I'm in Westchester ,ny. So once the weather gets a little warmer Sunday mornings 8am-10am we have cars & coffee in Yorktown, ny at the Duncan Donuts. If this sounds good we can meet I'm on the way and then cruise up. All marques are welcome. Then if you want to go on a run that could be arranged. We have some great roads here. And bear mt. So put me on your list. Here's my mail. Talk soon...
Willastoundu@aol.com always ready to cruise.

Philip Klipper
Thanks Philip! All of the MINIons are looking forward to going up there and enjoying the great roadways, turns, and bends. We're probably going to get some walkie talkies and stuff. Talk to you soon buddy!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:53 PM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
It would be my pleasure. Lord VDR has met me before. And he cruised up with me.
See you guys soon.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:47 AM
pmanliu
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Currently located in Brooklyn. Don't own a mini (yet) but been on the hunt for a clean automatic R53 as a daily driver/wife's car. We currently own a 2017 WRX (that often gets mistaken for a STI because of the added wing/brembos) but wanted something automatic as well.

Looking forward to attending a tri-state meet to learn more about these cars, but in the interim, are there any good classified pages or facebook pages to hunt for a clean mini? I've looked at a ton on craigslist, but no luck so far. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-12-2017, 01:52 PM
MAGICIAN
5th Gear
Check some of the dealers. Try to go for an S or JCW. I found mine a few yes ago with 25k on it 09' JCW.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:06 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pmanliu
Currently located in Brooklyn. Don't own a mini (yet) but been on the hunt for a clean automatic R53 as a daily driver/wife's car. We currently own a 2017 WRX (that often gets mistaken for a STI because of the added wing/brembos) but wanted something automatic as well.

Looking forward to attending a tri-state meet to learn more about these cars, but in the interim, are there any good classified pages or facebook pages to hunt for a clean mini? I've looked at a ton on craigslist, but no luck so far. Thanks in advance!
Look up nyMINIons on instagram

Quick Reply: NYC area MINIs!