Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28, 2007) 1st annual gathering of MINIs in Moab Utah, near Arches National Park!

DATE CHANGE FOR MUTA!!!!! OCT 25-30

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
MattMan
Coordinator :: Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DATE CHANGE FOR MUTA!!!!! OCT 25-28

Well folks, I've been getting the run-around from multiple hotels in Moab and I just found out why. There are major events going on the last 2 weeks in Sept. I had the hardest time getting rooms reserved and then they finally told me why. The events scheduled are below. We tried to fight for the rooms, but there are hundreds upon hundreds of tourist that booked rooms out before I did back in May. All my verbals were just that.....verbals.

Sept in Moab =(

Red Rocks Am-Am Golf Tournament
Red Rocks Amateur Golf Tournament
Red Rocks Amateur Golf Tournament

All rooms are booked out!!!

Skydive Moab Festival
AdventureXstream Series MoabAdventure Race
Moab Fall Quarter Horse Show
Skydive Moab Festival
Skydive Moab Festival
Skydive Moab Festival

At the current time we can't push this ahead one week, due to a very big golf tourny the weekend before and they have even less rooms available, so we have no choice but to push this event to the end of Oct. This was the same time of year that we did our mock run in 06, and it ended up being perfect. So, as of right now, we are shooting for Oct 25-28 as this date is the clearest. I'm very sorry for the change of plans, but we have no choice, otherwise we would be fighting for spots on the roads in a very overcrowded small town.

I will have an answer back to you all by this Thursday on hotels and you should be able to start booking.

I'M VERY SORRY FOR THE DATE CHANGE, BUT THIS HAD TO DONE FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE EVENT.

Thanks guys,

Matt Linford

Last edited by MattMan; 09-12-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Nechesmini
2nd Gear
You live!

Began to wonder if you had run off!!! Thanks for the heads up. Vacation dates will be changed. Its great to not be tied to school schedules any more!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
MattMan
Originally Posted by Nechesmini
Began to wonder if you had run off!!! Thanks for the heads up. Vacation dates will be changed. Its great to not be tied to school schedules any more!
I did run off . Sorry for leaving you all hanging for the past month. I really have been trying to nail down hotels, but surprisingly been harder than I would have liked.

Been going crazy with work and autocross, but I've been having a very hard time with the hotels. I just hope people have enough notice to change their schedules around.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Nechesmini
2nd Gear
Heck ya, you can count on us from southeast Texas. (Barring hurricanes, that is! Watching the swirling things on radar right now.) The idea of MUTA is all that kept us from being too depressed about missing MITM2.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 AM
seang
1st Gear
Need more info?

I just came back last weekend from MITM (2 thumbs up!!)

I am interested in knowing more about this event. Vendors,organized runs? etc. Or is more of a do your own thing. 20 cars or 150?

I had a great time seeing,talking and buying from the vendors area between going out with the group "drives" ......I mean RUNS... very quick pace....I mean of course officer we are ALL obeying speed limits

Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 AM
MattMan
We have the following current runs planned out, and we'll have a possibility of an all day run, if there is interest. It will be a trip down to Lake Powell to hit the Ferry.

Run 1 - La Sal Mountain Loop - 3-4 hours

Run 2 - Colorado Riverway Scenic Byway - 1.5-2 hours

Run 3 - Dead Horse Point State Park - 2.5-3 hours

Run 4 - Arches National Park - 2 hours, possibly longer if you feel like short hikes to the actual Arch sites.

Run 5 - Island in the Sky - 3-4 hours

Run 6 - Needles Overlook - 3-4 hours

La Sal loop will be the most popular for the people who like the curves, but the others are breathtaking as well.

This will have a do your own thing feel to it, but we'll have scheduled runs set up with meeting points. They'll be a stack of schedules printed out so no one is left in the dark.

As for Vendors, step on down fella's. We have talked to a few, but none set in stone yet. We have one dude in particular that we'd love to see there, *cough*Webb*cough*. Not to mention some you you Cali vendors as well.

We should have MUTA T-shirts for sale as well, which we'll probably need to pre-order, and we should have some sort of design posted here in the next few weeks.

Hope that helps!!

Last edited by MattMan; 08-15-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Rocky Mts
Neutral
Those dates are fine with me. I guess we can expect highs in the 60s-70s that time of year, although in the mountains to the east there could be snow. Sounds like fun.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
MattMan
There is a chance of snow in the higher elevation on the La Sal loop around that time of year, but for the most part it's pretty much wide open, plus the temp is nice for us people who like the high's in the low 70's.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Rocky Mts
Neutral
I have the possibility of landing a job in Grand Junction by the end of September, so making it to MUTA will be even easier. ...And I'm looking forward to cool temps, especially after the weather we've had in DFW lately.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
The Oct. date should work for me. And my son is now arriving on the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier to SD on the original MUTA weekend so it is better for me.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
I'm so excited about the date change as this means I can actually go!!! Woohoo!! My mom is flying out from Iowa and we're motoring from Co Springs. So happy!!

Old 08-18-2007, 04:03 PM
MattMan
Man, with the way this is looking, it sounds like more people are able to go than before. I was a bit worried that this would cut the numbers from pushing it a month back. I guess that Sept is usually a busier month with school starting. Oh well, I'll take this as a positive then

Old 08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
mauberley
6th Gear
Indeed--I'm actually considering going now.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 PM
sihunter
1st Gear
Woo Hoo!

Well, after two straight years of sitting behind a table at MITM, this might be an event I can actually attend instead of work. I have never been on an MITM ride, I think it's my turn now!

So, is there camping available in the area? Does anyone want to be a passenger? (I know, I know... but road trips alone aren't my favorite thing)...

I'll read through the posts for information, but just thought I'd get MUTA oficially on my dance card.

Shannon

Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 PM
MattMan
Originally Posted by sihunter

So, is there camping available in the area? Does anyone want to be a passenger? (I know, I know... but road trips alone aren't my favorite thing)...

Shannon
There is basically 2 ways to camp. 1. You can hunt down your own campground, most of which can't be reached by Mini, or if you tried, you might have some explaining to do at the dealership once you're back. 2. you can rent a SMALL cabin or bring a tent and stay at the KOA style campgrounds right off of mainstreet in Moab. There are quite a few to choose from and we'll have a few staying at one of them as well. I should be staying at a campground, just because I like camping. We'll post which one we're staying at very soon.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering what was happening. Whenever I attended the now-defunct Fat Tire Festivals in October, it was wonderful weather (did rain once).

Will any of the runs coincide with sunset? I was really hoping to be near Firey Furnace (for example).

I'll stay tuned.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:52 PM
roggenmini
2nd Gear
Just to bring this back onto the radar and to let every one know that MUTA is still a go I will see if I can shed some light. I have booked my Cabin for this event. I have not heard from Mattman in a couple of days so I will see what I can answer.

There will definitely be a Sunset run and if we get enough interested parties we could even do a Sunrise run. The Redrocks are Beautiful at sun up and sun down.

We are working on the T-shirt design still but it is getting close.

I will see if I can get a thread started to use as a roster.